Snackdown - Furry Vore Fighter Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Snackdown - Furry Vore Fighter Game

Postby Shugoki » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:37 pm

Well, before going forward with that, I think I'll want to go back and edit the base sprites. Up until her max weight, her tracksuit appears to be a one-piece.
$STAGE3.png
$STAGE3.png (14.85 KiB) Viewed 3606 times

This breaks down with her last stage of gain.
$STAGE4.png
$STAGE4.png (14.63 KiB) Viewed 3607 times

From the sides, the back of the tracksuit disappears entirely. But from behind, it returns??? So I'll clean that up before moving on to higher weights. Who knows, depending on how big I decide to make her, I could just take it off.

As for what the final growth stages will look like, I'll need to evaluate her "asset" growth first. The game itself has no immobility mechanic, so I obviously have to keep her at a size where she can move around, but other than that, I'll fall off that bridge.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby scrumpy80 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:41 pm

I just gave this game a shot and I must say, I'm blown away at what you've achieved using the RPGmaker engine. It's a bit glitchy here and there, but still mind boggling how you made this action-filled game using what is usually a turn-based game engine, or a run-away-from-monsters-in-a-top-down-maze game engine. My only gripe is that right now I can't do any of the plane boarding fights because of a glitch. I lost to the frog, Big Momma, with her second grappling move (where she sits on you), and the sprite persisted along with the continuous damage for any further fights from the plane area. Besides this making it near impossible to fight enemies because I can barely see their sprites flickering, the continuous damage renders it literally impossible. Restarting the game doesn't fix this. Seems like others have reported this glitch, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Also, if I could make a suggestion: Since you've got all those nice voice clips for Angela, you might as well put them to use in more places. I'd enjoy the digestion struggle parts a lot more if they used some of her voice clips, the hurt ones would probably work fine when she's exerting herself to struggle. And if they could trigger occasionally during the various grapple attacks, that would also be an improvement. Actually, I can't remember if that already happens, the sound was sometimes glitchy and inconsistent, and I couldn't get any voice fx to trigger during fights with the various NPCs outside the arena.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this game, though I hope you can release some bugfixes.
scrumpy80
New to the forum

Postby Retale » Fri May 01, 2020 2:35 am

scrumpy80 wrote:I just gave this game a shot and I must say, I'm blown away at what you've achieved using the RPGmaker engine. It's a bit glitchy here and there, but still mind boggling how you made this action-filled game using what is usually a turn-based game engine, or a run-away-from-monsters-in-a-top-down-maze game engine. My only gripe is that right now I can't do any of the plane boarding fights because of a glitch. I lost to the frog, Big Momma, with her second grappling move (where she sits on you), and the sprite persisted along with the continuous damage for any further fights from the plane area. Besides this making it near impossible to fight enemies because I can barely see their sprites flickering, the continuous damage renders it literally impossible. Restarting the game doesn't fix this. Seems like others have reported this glitch, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Also, if I could make a suggestion: Since you've got all those nice voice clips for Angela, you might as well put them to use in more places. I'd enjoy the digestion struggle parts a lot more if they used some of her voice clips, the hurt ones would probably work fine when she's exerting herself to struggle. And if they could trigger occasionally during the various grapple attacks, that would also be an improvement. Actually, I can't remember if that already happens, the sound was sometimes glitchy and inconsistent, and I couldn't get any voice fx to trigger during fights with the various NPCs outside the arena.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this game, though I hope you can release some bugfixes.

Thanks I'm currently working on an update to add more fighters / vore in a new island, and that'll come with some of the bugfixes!

Shugoki wrote:Well, before going forward with that, I think I'll want to go back and edit the base sprites. Up until her max weight, her tracksuit appears to be a one-piece.
$STAGE3.png

This breaks down with her last stage of gain.
$STAGE4.png

From the sides, the back of the tracksuit disappears entirely. But from behind, it returns??? So I'll clean that up before moving on to higher weights. Who knows, depending on how big I decide to make her, I could just take it off.

As for what the final growth stages will look like, I'll need to evaluate her "asset" growth first. The game itself has no immobility mechanic, so I obviously have to keep her at a size where she can move around, but other than that, I'll fall off that bridge.

thank you so much for looking into it! I have a sprite artist I can turn to to add additional stages of Angeles fat, but I think you've ran into the same issue I did as in, its hard to make it believable she can still walk if she was any bigger, she might end up looking like a dalek by the end hahaha!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm

If there's any chance you think you can use these incremental sprites, I'm perfectly happy to keep making them, and I think I can do some larger sprites myself. I've already started on a batch of front-facing idle sprites, and I've completed the idle left-facing ones (maybe). Though, looking at the front sprites, I think I've noticed that I misinterpreted some of the details around the zipper, so I may have to redo those. Might have to make the suit start tearing instead of unzipping at larger weights, since the zipper seems to only go down to about the top of Angela's navel.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby forgreatjustice18 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:39 pm

I actually like that she gains all her weight only on her stomach. Thatsmyfetish.jpg

Shugoki those edits are awesome! Good work!

As far as the largest Angela can get. . . I think the final sprite where she is dragging her stomach everywhere would be cool :silly:
forgreatjustice18
Somewhat familiar

Postby vgove » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:02 pm

will add more to the game?
vgove
Participator

Postby Retale » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Looking forward to all the people who can eat me in the new content.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby VirtuosoViking » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:01 pm

Ha, man there seems to be a lot of ice themed DLC lately. Iceborne for Monster Hunter, the Crown Tundra for Pokemon, now this one. Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Wollffett » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Have there been any updates to the game since april cause thats the last i played it
Wollffett
Participator

Postby Retale » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:55 am

Wollffett wrote:Have there been any updates to the game since april cause thats the last i played it

There hasn't, when I release updates I like to give you a big chunk of content rather than tiny updates.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby daeway » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:09 pm

So does a big chunk of content mean like a sequel to the game or Snackdown 1.2?
daeway
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:38 pm

Well, in this case it seems to mean 'Major free content expansion that basically doubles the game.'
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wollffett » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:10 am

Is there a gallery of some sort?
Wollffett
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:12 am

Wollffett wrote:Is there a gallery of some sort?

Spoiler ish, but yeah. At the end there is a gallery. It's very easy to find once you beat the main game. I'm not saying exactly incase Spoilers like that aren't welcome.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wollffett » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:41 am

Datstrudel wrote:
Wollffett wrote:Is there a gallery of some sort?

Spoiler ish, but yeah. At the end there is a gallery. It's very easy to find once you beat the main game. I'm not saying exactly incase Spoilers like that aren't welcome.

If you want to say something that might be a spoiler just use

Spoiler: show
so that way only people who want to see it will see it
Wollffett
Participator

Postby lokaps » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 am

Hey, I just want to say great job with this game! I haven't been around this community for quite some time so today was the first I heard of it. I had some free time so I downloaded it and played it straight through. I like that it has a different general play style than most games I've seen here. I like the active digestion scenes, I like the art style, I basically like everything about it! Cool to see there's an expansion coming up too, definitely looking forward to it after this!

I only ran into one problem, it's probably already on here but the naga guy who wants to set up a shop in the desert level was almost totally not able to be hit for me. I ate the two other town people on that level first if that has anything to do with it, and I ate every fighter as soon as I could too. Wouldn't mind some way the player could use chain hearts on enemies but I get the finality being important too, and maybe that's better actually. Oh and there's one character I wish I could've gotten a good fair fight in with so I could eat him too ha, but I'll try not to say too much for people who haven't played.

Basically though, thanks for making this! It's rare to find a game that feels complete, especially when it's a whole different genre than I'd usually see here. I mean it happens sometimes, but you're going down as one of the best in my book!
lokaps
Been posting for a bit

Postby MLP4EVER » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:19 am

Welp i downloaded the expansion from the patreon and I can't even get past the part where you watch armored core and ga'moore or whatever his name is fight. As soon as the the second guys name shows up in the text box, instead of his picture showing up, i get the Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null message and have to close the game. I think there is something wrong with the coding that makes the picture flash on screen or something. And before it is asked, I have tried in both the default sized window and full screen and neither of them work. It could be that one of the 2 pictures isn't appearing on time or staying there long enough for the game to recognize that it was there. Or maybe the 2 pictures are trying to load at the same time. The error code seems to usually be caused by the game trying to read something that is no longer there. Maybe if the first picture stayed on screen longer and the second picture had a longer delay before it popped up it would fix this? I don't know man. I just really wanted to check out the expansion and now I'm bummed out.
EDIT: I tried to use a save editor to change the switches and unlock the option to fight people to try and circumvent the error. Turns out that trying to do anything causes the error. Can't fight people or anything. I have the original snackdown downloaded now and it run perfectly fine. The expansion one on the other hand runs like an error ridden pile of trash. I don't know what happened to the games code in between versions but the new one is literally unplayable as it stands. The patreon download should be taken down until the game actually works. I don't understand how it could possibly have the same error in so many places.
MLP4EVER
New to the forum

Postby CrusaderSweetie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:33 am

Now to be fair, I'm trying to run this on Wine (a compatibility layer to run windows programs on Linux systems) so any errors are likely on my end not yours, but every time I choose a menu option I get "TypeError: undefined is not a function".

I don't expect you to know what is going on with that vague of an error message, but if you could tell me what sort of dependencies this program has, (Like a particular version of DirectX or Visual C++ libraries) it would be very useful in determining whether I can fix my own issues.
CrusaderSweetie
Been posting for a bit

Postby WaveGerhart » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:28 pm

A very fun game... when it functions properly. While it is amazing what you've made using the engine, it frequently feels like it would have been better in something else.

There are minor annoyances like: having to dodge at the flash, and end up just standing there when the hit animation comes, particularly during the punching bag fight; getting hit and having the characters arms and head just disappear for a while; and big momma's tongue attack only being able to be dodged when it has already arrived next to the player.

However, there's also game-breaking stuff, like when I fought Jimjams in the plane fight, he entered a block just after I emptied his health and the fight should have stopped, so when I next fought, the opponent was constantly in a state of "blocking" even while throwing attacks and in the windows thereafter. The one that got me to stop and wait for the game to be finished though, was the knife throwing snake character, who reared back and then just stopped, re engaging their normal pattern, but leaving me grappled and unable to avoid any attacks.

While the characters are interesting, and the fights are cool, it suffers from all these bugs and more that I probably don't know. I'm looking forward to when this game will have more polish, perhaps the digested fighters affecting more than just the walk-sprite, or even better rewards for fighting harder opponents in the first arena, rather than just 100 at each level. It makes buying anything at the store very difficult.

One last suggestion, could the fight intros only play the first time we fight a character? Having them every fight is just more time taken to get whatever store item.

Thank you for making this game, and I really hope that you have no problems when improving it.
WaveGerhart
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game