Bug Runner

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Bug Runner

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:57 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:So, i've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but i've been braindead all day, so i decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but i did make some concept player sprites.

Just as a heads up, it's not a guarantee this will in any way be finalized sprites, more just me fiddling around with concepts.

Spoiler: show

Screenshot.png

Fox_Run.gif

They look great! Looks perfect for a platformer
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:58 pm

CarnivorousVixen wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:So, i've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but i've been braindead all day, so i decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but i did make some concept player sprites.

Just as a heads up, it's not a guarantee this will in any way be finalized sprites, more just me fiddling around with concepts.

Screenshot.png

Fox_Run.gif

They look great! Looks perfect for a platformer

Right now i'm throwing around the idea of a multi planet((though smaller scale)) metroid style game, with two, possibly three, playable characters.

I'm a little tired and braindead today though, so i may work on it more later tonight, and for now, might actually check out that vore minecraft server.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Enteresting » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Managed to find a bug.

So, character got knocked up, encounteredf one of the red insects, reborn to it, character was stuck in a "downed" animation. Couldn't do anything until I quit by clicking the X button.

Reloading, whether you save or not, fixes it though.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:22 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:So, I've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but I've been braindead all day, so I decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but ( did make some concept player sprites.

Looking at the sprites, it looks like a 2D Metroidvania gameplay for the sequel, and I LOVE metroidvania games ❤ :-D
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:56 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:So, I've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but I've been braindead all day, so I decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but ( did make some concept player sprites.

Looking at the sprites, it looks like a 2D Metroidvania gameplay for the sequel, and I LOVE metroidvania games ❤ :-D

I don't normally do this, but here's some stuff from my discord dev server.

Shellby is me. ^^

Screenshot_20200730-185419_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20200730-185434_Discord.jpg
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Ah dangit, a bit sad to hear it'll be in pixel game maker MV, from past experience, I can't actually play games made in that on my computer.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:50 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:Ah dangit, a bit sad to hear it'll be in pixel game maker MV, from past experience, I can't actually play games made in that on my computer.

I'm curious, can you link any games made in it that you can't play? were they Japanese or US made?
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:12 pm

There were only two I've tried, both Japanese, I can't remember the name of one, but the other was an older demo(specifically for a version ported to MV from regular PGM) of Forest of the Blue skin, said demo being one I don't really know the whereabouts of anymore.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:35 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:There were only two I've tried, both Japanese, I can't remember the name of one, but the other was an older demo(specifically for a version ported to MV from regular PGM) of Forest of the Blue skin, said demo being one I don't really know the whereabouts of anymore.

It could be due to the language difference, with locale packs or something. When i can find the time, I can send you an old canceled project made in mv for you to test to see if it works.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby VirtuosoViking » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:43 am

I remember having issues with using Pixel Game Maker MV games. Gave me an error code that I couldn't seem to fix for a while. But then I remembered that my old laptop was able to play those games, so I painstakingly copied files from the old laptop to the new one and tried to figure out what the problem was. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to narrow down what the issue was specifically, but I did get my new laptop to play those games. It had something to do with the 64 bit files in the hard drive not having a specific file, or files. Wish I knew what they were, but that was as close as I was able to get to finding out why it didn't work.

Onto the game news, that all sounds really cool. Platformers are always gonna have a special place in my heart, so I'll always love them to death. The story tidbits are pretty interesting as well. How they all get to the beginning of the game reminds me of Megaman X...4? I think? Anyway, hope it all goes well for you.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Works been killer...I've had no energy at all for the last couple days, even for playing games...
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:27 am

Seems the overhaul is becoming a little more than I planned.

ChooseYourSex.png

ArmoredMerc.png
ArmoredMerc.png (6.34 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

HalfQueen.png
HalfQueen.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

Also, while i'll still do the Vore themed Content Pack, i'm going to include more of it in the base game via this overhaul, as my scope for the overhaul increased a bit. The lab is going to have multiple areas, akin to Metroid's Norfair, Kraid's lair, etc.

Also might start including a couple plant-based enemies, as i love plant vore.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:25 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:The lab is going to have multiple areas, akin to Metroid's Norfair, Kraid's lair, etc.

I feel like Keys would be important to unlock certain areas, like in Metroid. :-D
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:34 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:The lab is going to have multiple areas, akin to Metroid's Norfair, Kraid's lair, etc.

I feel like Keys would be important to unlock certain areas, like in Metroid. :-D

I've been considering having more than one npc to rescue, maybe the transition/elevator rooms could have a tiny cutscene where the necessary npc runs in and unlocks it.

Or they give you a keycard.

I've also toyed around a little with the idea of rooms/elevators between areas could be a mini sideview platforming thing.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nouvi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Ending the silence with a blast, huh. Must say, premise of your plans are -immensely- interesting. Take care though, and don't do so much at once you get a complete burnout.
Definitely looking forward to next version...
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby VirtuosoViking » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Nice to see the overhaul is getting a bit more...well, overhauled. Going by the pictures, it's cool that a choice in character sex is there.
And I'm more of a humanoid/humanoid vore person, but I won't deny that there's some great plant vore out there, so I'm excited to see what you'll do with it. Were you thinking of having any more transformation scenes like what the unbirth bug did?
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Nouvi wrote:Ending the silence with a blast, huh. Must say, premise of your plans are -immensely- interesting. Take care though, and don't do so much at once you get a complete burnout.
Definitely looking forward to next version...

I'm doing what i can. a lot of my issue, I've found, isn't burnout. It's depression. My "burnouts" lately rendered me unable to even play games, which hasn't been normal for me, so i think they might just be depressive episodes.

Also, thanks, I'm glad to hear I'm managing to make this game better and more interesting for folk! At this point, this game is becoming less a run and gun arcade game, and more a top down Metroid.

VirtuosoViking wrote:Nice to see the overhaul is getting a bit more...well, overhauled. Going by the pictures, it's cool that a choice in character sex is there.
And I'm more of a humanoid/humanoid vore person, but I won't deny that there's some great plant vore out there, so I'm excited to see what you'll do with it. Were you thinking of having any more transformation scenes like what the unbirth bug did?

Yes, actually. Not playable ones, sadly, as the amount of sprite sheets I'm needing for all the different variations is multiplying to a worrying degree already. But game over TFs, definitely.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nouvi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:47 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:...the amount of sprite sheets I'm needing for all the different variations is multiplying to a worrying degree already.

One thing to consider there, if things *do* seem like they will get out of hand, you could consider restrictions to keep things a little more under control. Like being barred from changing major zones if under certain states. Sometimes one just have to choose one or the other... but in this case that relies on you.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:57 am

Nouvi wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:...the amount of sprite sheets I'm needing for all the different variations is multiplying to a worrying degree already.

One thing to consider there, if things *do* seem like they will get out of hand, you could consider restrictions to keep things a little more under control. Like being barred from changing major zones if under certain states. Sometimes one just have to choose one or the other... but in this case that relies on you.

Well, i've already had to put my foot down a bit in my discord server, no new playable TFs and no new Playable characters. At this point, i have variations for 3 different sexes, with roughly ~8 different variations for two of them. The male and futa share the same playersprites as the resolution is low enough that i couldn't add breasts. The female sprites simply remove the peen. But yeah, at this point, adding any more playable TFs or anything of the such would multiply that yet again.

Edit:

Peeps in my discord server have helped me come up with a new enemy. One made a cute little metroid sprite in the style of my game, and it got me thinking, maybe i could make something like that, but maybe more jellyfish looking. Then one of my mates made a sprite of that out of the blue for me, and after a little tweaking, it's turning out pretty damn good.

I'm gonna have two variations of the jellyfish/metroid-esque enemy. First one is obvious enough, it engulfs the player's head, and while they're struggling to get free, it's corrupting them slowly.

The second variation, the thing just outright engulfs the player whole, attempting to nom them. >.>
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:43 am

Mutant.png
Mutant.png (2.35 KiB) Viewed 794 times

>w>
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game