Bug Runner

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Bug Runner

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:57 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:So, i've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but i've been braindead all day, so i decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but i did make some concept player sprites.

Just as a heads up, it's not a guarantee this will in any way be finalized sprites, more just me fiddling around with concepts.

Spoiler: show

Screenshot.png

Fox_Run.gif

They look great! Looks perfect for a platformer
CarnivorousVixen
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:58 pm

CarnivorousVixen wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:So, i've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but i've been braindead all day, so i decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but i did make some concept player sprites.

Just as a heads up, it's not a guarantee this will in any way be finalized sprites, more just me fiddling around with concepts.

Screenshot.png

Fox_Run.gif

They look great! Looks perfect for a platformer

Right now i'm throwing around the idea of a multi planet((though smaller scale)) metroid style game, with two, possibly three, playable characters.

I'm a little tired and braindead today though, so i may work on it more later tonight, and for now, might actually check out that vore minecraft server.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Enteresting » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Managed to find a bug.

So, character got knocked up, encounteredf one of the red insects, reborn to it, character was stuck in a "downed" animation. Couldn't do anything until I quit by clicking the X button.

Reloading, whether you save or not, fixes it though.
Enteresting
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:22 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:So, I've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but I've been braindead all day, so I decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but ( did make some concept player sprites.

Looking at the sprites, it looks like a 2D Metroidvania gameplay for the sequel, and I LOVE metroidvania games ❤ :-D
❤ Sophie and Maria best girls~ ❤
SquishySofty
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:56 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:So, I've been scratching my brain today trying to think of other ways to improve the game, but I've been braindead all day, so I decided to try doing some spriting for the sequel. I'm not totally sure what the gameplay will be like, but ( did make some concept player sprites.

Looking at the sprites, it looks like a 2D Metroidvania gameplay for the sequel, and I LOVE metroidvania games ❤ :-D

I don't normally do this, but here's some stuff from my discord dev server.

Shellby is me. ^^

Screenshot_20200730-185419_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20200730-185434_Discord.jpg
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Ah dangit, a bit sad to hear it'll be in pixel game maker MV, from past experience, I can't actually play games made in that on my computer.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:50 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:Ah dangit, a bit sad to hear it'll be in pixel game maker MV, from past experience, I can't actually play games made in that on my computer.

I'm curious, can you link any games made in it that you can't play? were they Japanese or US made?
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:12 pm

There were only two I've tried, both Japanese, I can't remember the name of one, but the other was an older demo(specifically for a version ported to MV from regular PGM) of Forest of the Blue skin, said demo being one I don't really know the whereabouts of anymore.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:35 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:There were only two I've tried, both Japanese, I can't remember the name of one, but the other was an older demo(specifically for a version ported to MV from regular PGM) of Forest of the Blue skin, said demo being one I don't really know the whereabouts of anymore.

It could be due to the language difference, with locale packs or something. When i can find the time, I can send you an old canceled project made in mv for you to test to see if it works.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby VirtuosoViking » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:43 am

I remember having issues with using Pixel Game Maker MV games. Gave me an error code that I couldn't seem to fix for a while. But then I remembered that my old laptop was able to play those games, so I painstakingly copied files from the old laptop to the new one and tried to figure out what the problem was. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to narrow down what the issue was specifically, but I did get my new laptop to play those games. It had something to do with the 64 bit files in the hard drive not having a specific file, or files. Wish I knew what they were, but that was as close as I was able to get to finding out why it didn't work.

Onto the game news, that all sounds really cool. Platformers are always gonna have a special place in my heart, so I'll always love them to death. The story tidbits are pretty interesting as well. How they all get to the beginning of the game reminds me of Megaman X...4? I think? Anyway, hope it all goes well for you.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Works been killer...I've had no energy at all for the last couple days, even for playing games...
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game