How would real vore digestion work?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How would real vore digestion work?

Postby ArrowversePreds » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:20 pm

I’m sure this has been asked before but I’m new to the forums and really have no clue how to search for this.

Basically, if same size vore was possible and one person ate another, what would be the hypothetical digestion process? I feel like as a vore writer, it would be good to know. ^^;

There is a few questions that I would particularly like to know the answer to:
How long would it take?
With enough time, could the bones be digested?
What would happen if there was breathable air in the stomach.

Thanks in advance!
ArrowversePreds
Been posting for a bit

Re: How would real vore digestion work?

Postby Shugoki » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 pm

https://8kun.top/vore/res/3307.html You may find this to be useful.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:48 am

There are numerous problems with "real life" same-size vore, and perhaps it is best not to think too much upon it and chalk it up to magic or a technology sufficiently advanced to be indistinguishable from magic. But if you must…
  1. Aside from the ridiculous amount of stretching just to fit one human into another (the esophagus on an adult human is only really about 2 cm wide; that's one of the reasons we chew our food), there's the problem of digesting all that in the first place. Without chewing, the exposed surface area for enzymes to digest a meal swallowed whole is considerably reduced. This means that digestion will take longer. But the swallowed meal will certainly die of asphyxiation long before digestion even properly begins. (A human can't swallow air fast enough to keep another human breathing in their stomach.) And even in the stomach, dead things rot. Even snakes, which have evolved to swallow prey whole, can die from a meal rotting in their stomachs if the meal is too large for them to digest quickly enough. Human digestive systems don't really start up until something reaches the stomach; the stomach and intestines of snakes start bulking up while they are swallowing in anticipation of a large meal to digest. So digestion would be even more difficult for a human. A snake can take a week to digest a 100-pound meal; humans, if they could swallow that, would take longer.
  2. Assuming the meal didn't kill the predator, bones are not a concern: even human stomachs can digest bone, albeit slower than flesh. It would have to as mostly stuff doesn't get through the pyloric sphincter except as a liquid; any significant fragment could cause a very painful and likely fatal bowel blockage. Smaller fragments may survive to be excreted; much larger ones…not so much. Skulls are right out.
  3. Human digestive systems aren't very efficient, so a lot of such a meal would be excreted as waste, maybe three or four dozen pounds. (Some in the vore community would call this a feature, not a bug.) Bring lots of bathroom reading material. And a plunger and closet auger. At least.
You read this, didn't you? I warned you. :P
This is one reason I prefer vore in a fantasy setting: you can get away with more with less hand-waving. (Also, it can make it safer and more pleasant for both predator and prey, if such is desired.)
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArrowversePreds » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:03 am

Nice, thanks. Both of these were pretty helpful although I’m still curious about one thing. How would the person actually be digested? Would it just break them down from the outside or would it seep into them. What would the skin actually be like during digestion? Gooey? Basically what happens to the person, step by step?
ArrowversePreds
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ihumin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:15 pm

It would burn them from the outside, melting away layers of skin one by one before burning at fat tissue and muscle beneath. It wouldn't be gooey, it would more peel and slough off and blister.
Ihumin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 pm

ArrowversePreds wrote:How long would it take?

The speed at which one digests varies considerably between the sexes, and I'd have to assume there are other conditions that can affect digestion speed too. It would also depend on how big the prey was and how rough they were on the inside of the stomach. However, based on the size of the meal alone I would estimate between 1 and 2 months.

ArrowversePreds wrote:With enough time, could the bones be digested?

Yes and no. In theory yes, but in practice you would be lethally poisoned several times over and die before you got that far. The poison would come from either decomposition or the absorption of elements that are safe isolated inside your body, but become toxic if ingested, especially in large quantities.

ArrowversePreds wrote:What would happen if there was breathable air in the stomach.

So, the next thing to kill you after suffocation would be heat. It is already pretty hot inside of you (no pun intended) and it's also extraordinarily humid. Your body would not be able to cool itself and the heat produced by your own body would become trapped. You'd cook in there, basically. This would get you before the acids really got a chance to do much.

After that it's... probably dehydration.

After that injuries or infections related to digestion might put you into shock and kill you long before your body is even close to being properly digested.

Then probably either starvation or lack of sleep.

And if all else failed, you would suffer injuries related to being cramped in a tight space unable to properly move around much or the extreme temperature changes between the inside world and the outside world would probably kill you, if not put you out of commision until your body re-learned how to regulate its temperature properly. The world would be feeling pretty cold in comparison once you got out of there.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArrowversePreds » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:34 pm

Thanks Ihumin, that answered my final pressing question!

Artemis, thanks for the extra details. Interesting stuff. You mentioned sex changing the speed of digestion. Would that be the sex of the pred or prey and how would that change it?
ArrowversePreds
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:35 pm

ArrowversePreds wrote:Artemis, thanks for the extra details. Interesting stuff. You mentioned sex changing the speed of digestion. Would that be the sex of the pred or prey and how would that change it?

The sex of the predator. I'm sure that the sex of the prey probably also makes a difference due to slightly different body composition, but likely a far more minute one that would be too difficult for me to quantify, one you might not notice in practice. For the predator though, there are at least a few studies on this. Not all of them agree on the exact number, but all of them suggest a pretty big difference that would add up to weeks worth of extra digestion time with a meal this big.

Men digest food on average at a speed of 142% compared to women's 100%. https://carolinadigestive.com/about-us/news/women-vs-men-digestion Here's a health article on why exactly that is if you're curious about the details. To summarize though: Women produce less acid and our organs push food along slower.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArrowversePreds » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:17 pm

Huh, an interesting read. Thanks for the help!
ArrowversePreds
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rat_Guy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:28 am

It really would just work however you want it to work. You're already dealing with several impossible things, and making up new rules just to get to this question, so I kinda see the answer as being irrelevant.

Most obviously, ya can't stretch your jaw or throat big enough to swallow a person.

The stomach would also burst if a person did manage to get in there.

The only reason a human stomach doesn't digest itself is because the interior is covered in acid resistant mucous, so if a person was inside they would probably be rubbing mucous off the walls too fast for it to be excreted, and the stomach would digest holes in itself.

Also the stomach walls would be stretched so much that the mucous would be stretched too thin to be effective, so again the stomach would digest itself.

In instances where the stomach is too full of food, it will either force the owner of that stomach to vomit, or sometimes suspend other digestive processes and force the contents of the digestive system through the whole process very quickly (this is one reason for diarrhea)

The human body can only produce about 6 cups of stomach acid per day, and like other liquids it'll lose it's properties as it becomes more diluted from digesting things, so a human inside a stomach would probably get some 1st, maybe 2nd degree chemical burns, but be fine if only exposed to that amount of acid.

And lastly, if the human stomach could produce enough acid to completely melt another person it would probably kill the digester, because producing that much acid will take allot of water, and the digester may not be able to replenish themselves fast enough. And even if they did drink enough liquid to prevent dehydration that liquid is gonna end up in their stomach, and will dilute the acid even further. That's what we call a catch 22.

You have to throw out so many rules to make human vore work that you might as well not worry about making any aspect of it realistic.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Gutlover » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:55 pm

So, I'm no biologist, but assuming someone were able to swallow a person whole without bursting, I don't think we actually have enough acid to digest something as big as a person. Plus you would obviously die of suffocation long before the acid set in.

Ironically, even though we don't the technology to do it, swallowing a shrunken person is probably the most realistic type of vore.

The only way you could "realistically" have same size vore without the story being set in some sort alternate universe where it's possible, is to have genetically engineered humans fused with snake DNA, or aliens.

Unbirth on the other hand, I wonder if it's scientifically possible to de-age someone into a fetus.
Last edited by Gutlover on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rat_Guy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:25 pm

Gutlover wrote:Ironically, even though we don't the technology to do it, swallowing a shrunken person is probably the most realistic type of vore.

I've never understood why some people say this is more realistic. It's an equally impossible thing. There's no such thing as shrinking and there never will be.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Gutlover » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 pm

Rat_Guy wrote:
Gutlover wrote:Ironically, even though we don't the technology to do it, swallowing a shrunken person is probably the most realistic type of vore.

I've never understood why some people say this is more realistic. It's an equally impossible thing. There's no such thing as shrinking and there never will be.

I know, I just mean the digestion part is more realistic because we can actually swallow something that size, and in theory should be able to digest them without problem.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion