Pacha's Quest V2 (WIP)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Pacha's Quest V1 (WIP)

Postby gamer210 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:51 am

I keep running into one bug that closes the game During a fight making me to save at every inche
gamer210
Somewhat familiar

Postby Amnael » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Okay so encountered a weird crash during witch fight.
Unkown.PNG
Unkown.PNG (3.68 KiB) Viewed 3278 times

Are there any other enemy's that eat you during fight beside the plants?
Amnael
Somewhat familiar

Postby lypo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:50 pm

I really enjoyed this game. I like how there is so many different ways an encounter can go. I just found out you get a different conversation with the frog queen if you run and talk to her before the squirrel guy gets eaten. One problem I found is in the frog queen fight if you let her digest the squirrel after the fight you can still pull him out of her alive.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby anthill33 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:54 pm

how many versions behind is the free dl?
anthill33
New to the forum

Postby bunnyboy617 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:12 pm

I like the looks of this game. Can't wait to try it out ;)
bunnyboy617
New to the forum

Postby BizzareBlue » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:12 am

gamer210 wrote:I keep running into one bug that closes the game During a fight making me to save at every inche

ooops, sorry, I'm looking into that and will hopefully have a fix for it soon.

Amnael wrote:Okay so encountered a weird crash during witch fight.
Unkown.PNG

Are there any other enemy's that eat you during fight beside the plants?

Thanks. I think I know what is causing that and will try to get it fixed as soon as I can. And currently only the plants have the ability to swallow you in combat but I am planning to add some more enemies soon. The plants were kind of a test to see if I could get that working properly, and there are still a few things I need to fix in how they work (such as, making it impossible to escape the fight while someone is being swallowed). Once I've got that working, I'll definitely add more content like that.

lypo wrote:I really enjoyed this game. I like how there is so many different ways an encounter can go. I just found out you get a different conversation with the frog queen if you run and talk to her before the squirrel guy gets eaten. One problem I found is in the frog queen fight if you let her digest the squirrel after the fight you can still pull him out of her alive.

Oooops, adding that to the bug list. Thanks for catching it.

anthill33 wrote:how many versions behind is the free dl?

I guess technically only one as the patreon and free version are both in their first upload. I wasn't exactly planning to keep the two a fixed number of versions apart, but instead was going to steadily unlock patreon content in the free version as more comes out. Generally, the main story line will probably be just a little behind the patreon version and side quest content will get unlocked slightly slower.

bunnyboy617 wrote:I like the looks of this game. Can't wait to try it out ;)

Thanks. Hope you have fun with it.
BizzareBlue
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Gorgeous game so far, great basis and mechanics you started off with! Can't wait for future updates :D
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Appo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 pm

I had a bug where if you eat the otter you always get the text for digesting the otter when you sleep no matter what's in your belly. I've only slept in the town after eating the otter though.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMemeticHazard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Has any more soul vore been added aside from eating those ghosts in the temple? I'm probably only going to jump back in on updates with that sort of content. Though the Patronage will continue while I wait.
AMemeticHazard
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:59 pm

This was pretty good. I think your dialogue shows a lot of polish, I noted that some scenes play out with different dialog based on your current party. I'll echo the sentiment from some others that encounter rate feels high in some locations.

I would prefer if there was more interaction with being swallowed, like trying to use magic, items, or possibly special abilities to try to escape. I initially tried playing without taking a second character, but encountering a naga like that lead to an unsatisfying defeat.

I like the art for Pacha a lot. Especially the eye-roll. There aren't many games that allow you to play a domineering or cruel pred, and that's exactly the content I'm looking for.

The system for willpower and will-attacks is interesting, and would probably be easier to engage with if I had a means of measuring my opponent's will or otherwise figuring out if will or hp is higher. It would also be cool if some items or spells in the game could damage both, or if a character under half hp was easier to demoralize, or if a character under half will was easier to hit. The system also opens the door for 'cheerleader' characters who are weak but can replenish will.

I noticed that there are gear-based skills. That's really cool! Let's you loosely build a class for your character. I felt like I could make choices about my playstyle, and that really improves my engagement with a game instead of just hitting attack until I can get to the vore scenes.

-----

Your locations and buildings look pretty weird. Are you opting to build everything custom instead of just adapting some of the pre-built maps?

I notice that the current playbox doesn't use an overworld at all. Personally, I only have the mental capacity for a certain number of hub offshoots before I need an overworld to keep track of the map. An overworld also gives a reprieve from random encounters, and gives you convenient options to build in area-skips for when you want the player to explore the first time through but quickly traverse on a repeat (I was very grateful to find that exiting the forest allowed a travel skip).

In conjunction with the portrait art, I would love to see full art depictions of some tempting prey. Good stretch goal if you or a partner can manage the workload. I think full art makes a big difference in terms of the Patreon/subscribestar appeal for a project.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Tunknownusert » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:39 am

I feel that the number of enemy encounters should be tuned down a bit. Got to the point where I just hit escape for sooo many in a row trying to get to an area over a small distance.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby BizzareBlue » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:04 am

Whoops. I keep missing posts here because they don't show up in my notification bar and the post quickly slides out of the forum front page. I'll try to be a bit more regular at checking here in future though.

MirceaKitsune wrote:Gorgeous game so far, great basis and mechanics you started off with! Can't wait for future updates :D

Thanks again Mircea. Very glad you are enjoying it so much.

Appo wrote:I had a bug where if you eat the otter you always get the text for digesting the otter when you sleep no matter what's in your belly. I've only slept in the town after eating the otter though.

Ooops. Thanks for catching that. I think I've fixed it now, and if you download the file again and copy your save across you should only get that message from her one more time before she vanishes for good.

Memetic Hazard wrote:Has any more soul vore been added aside from eating those ghosts in the temple? I'm probably only going to jump back in on updates with that sort of content. Though the Patronage will continue while I wait.

The zombies in the graveyard have a soul vore attack that removes willpower instead of hp and only prevents the casting of spells instead of all actions. There is also a ghost hiding in Traders Town who can devour Pacha's soul and who could theoretically be eaten but you'd need to do more grinding to get to that point than is really feasible given how low level most of the enemies in the currently available area are (and meet certain other conditions as well). That's all the soul vore content that I've added so far, but I am looking for places to add more as the game goes on. Most of the content is going to be physical oral vore though. Sorry about that.

DroolingPred wrote:This was pretty good. I think your dialogue shows a lot of polish, I noted that some scenes play out with different dialog based on your current party. I'll echo the sentiment from some others that encounter rate feels high in some locations.

I would prefer if there was more interaction with being swallowed, like trying to use magic, items, or possibly special abilities to try to escape. I initially tried playing without taking a second character, but encountering a naga like that lead to an unsatisfying defeat.

I like the art for Pacha a lot. Especially the eye-roll. There aren't many games that allow you to play a domineering or cruel pred, and that's exactly the content I'm looking for.

The system for willpower and will-attacks is interesting, and would probably be easier to engage with if I had a means of measuring my opponent's will or otherwise figuring out if will or hp is higher. It would also be cool if some items or spells in the game could damage both, or if a character under half hp was easier to demoralize, or if a character under half will was easier to hit. The system also opens the door for 'cheerleader' characters who are weak but can replenish will.

I noticed that there are gear-based skills. That's really cool! Let's you loosely build a class for your character. I felt like I could make choices about my playstyle, and that really improves my engagement with a game instead of just hitting attack until I can get to the vore scenes.

-----

Your locations and buildings look pretty weird. Are you opting to build everything custom instead of just adapting some of the pre-built maps?

I notice that the current playbox doesn't use an overworld at all. Personally, I only have the mental capacity for a certain number of hub offshoots before I need an overworld to keep track of the map. An overworld also gives a reprieve from random encounters, and gives you convenient options to build in area-skips for when you want the player to explore the first time through but quickly traverse on a repeat (I was very grateful to find that exiting the forest allowed a travel skip).

In conjunction with the portrait art, I would love to see full art depictions of some tempting prey. Good stretch goal if you or a partner can manage the workload. I think full art makes a big difference in terms of the Patreon/subscribestar appeal for a project.

Hmmm, I mostly left the encounter rate to the game's default which should mean around one encounter every 30 steps or so, I might tweak that a little lower in some places but it's also kind of frustrating if you want to encounter a specific enemy and they just are not turning up. Was there anywhere in particular that you think needs turning down?

Abilities that can only be used while swallowed (and that might lead to escaping) is an interesting idea. I'll have to look into that, although rpgmaker isn't really built for that kind of complex interaction so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get that to work. It would definitely be nice if it could though. I agree that the game is much harder if played without recruiting anyone. That's slightly deliberate, although there are a few things to help a little, such as getting extra xp when traveling alone or in a smaller party. Still, venturing out without a companion to rescue you if you slide down someone's throat will always be a risky thing to do.

Glad you like Pacha. She's proven to be a very fun character to write dialogue for so far.

I am looking into adding hp and mana bars above each enemy. Rpgmaker doesn't have that built in though so it might take a while. I'm also adding more skills and abilities that play of willpower and hp as I go, but those are taking a while.

Glad you like the way gear works. One of the ideas I had for this was that each of the recruitable characters would be fairly grounded in a specific role (Sichi will always be better at healing than doing damage, Vir gets bonuses to critical hits, ect) but Pacha can use (almost) any weapon and learn any kind of magic and so is flexible enough to fill any role in the party. That idea still needs a little more work as there currently is no way to make Pacha a healer other than eating Sichi and using her staff.

Pre-built maps? That's the first I've heard of those even existing. I'm mostly using the default tile sets to build the maps (and only adding content of my own when I really want to add something that wouldn't be possible otherwise (like the giant mole statue or the shipwreck) The buildings are pretty much all built with default rpgmaker tiles though. The only exception to that would be the burned thatch in the rabbit's village.

I had considered adding an overworld map, but I don't really like those. To me, it makes the world the game is set in feel more connected if everything joins up directly. I admit it might be necessary to add one eventually if the number of locations gets difficult to manage, but I'm going keep trying with fast travel options and the teleport crystals for a little longer.

It would definitely be nice to add some larger artwork for some of the characters Pacha meets and I will have a go at drawing some of those at some point, although it might be a few updates away as I'm currently focusing on getting a few more areas ready and allowing the story to progress further. It is something I'm hoping to add eventually though, although probably only for a few of the characters Pacha meets.

Glad you are enjoying it so far.

Tunknownusert wrote:I feel that the number of enemy encounters should be tuned down a bit. Got to the point where I just hit escape for sooo many in a row trying to get to an area over a small distance.

Yeah, I'll turn it down if a few places to try to mitigate that. Are there any particular areas that you think need this?
BizzareBlue
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:00 am

I like the fact you can turn the mouse and bunny into a pred. Is there a way to do it with the mouse, without losing the otter companion~?
Either way it's fun. Making prey into preds is <3
Last edited by NekoYuki on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby DroolingPred » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:18 am

I've only tinkered around with VX Ace, but when you right click in the Maps area there is both "Create new map" and "Load sample map". I'm not sure where the option may be in your version, or if you need to first download map files. My program files have a "SampleMap" folder right in the VX Ace directory.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby chefjellyguy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:04 pm

hey, i noticed you updated the game to 2.1 in the gallery.

you should probably change the version in the title of this post to reflect that. i also recommended adding the date it was updated to the title as well.

really enjoying the game so far, cant wait to see just how corrupt martin becomes :wink:
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby BizzareBlue » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:36 am

NekoYuki wrote:I like the fact you can turn the mouse and bunny into a pred. Is there a way to do it with the mouse, without losing the otter companion~?
Either way it's fun. Making prey into preds is <3

Thanks. Unfortunately there isn't any way right now, but as I go on I am planning to add a few scenes for each of the prey characters where you can unlock their predatory side. Poor Nahata doesn't even have one yet, but I am going to add that for him when I can.

DroolingPred wrote:I've only tinkered around with VX Ace, but when you right click in the Maps area there is both "Create new map" and "Load sample map". I'm not sure where the option may be in your version, or if you need to first download map files. My program files have a "SampleMap" folder right in the VX Ace directory.

Huh. I have been playing with this program for a while and neither noticed that nor found any other reference to it. Thanks for pointing it out. The sample maps look pretty awesome and I'll definitely be building on them for future locations.

chefjellyguy wrote:hey, i noticed you updated the game to 2.1 in the gallery.

you should probably change the version in the title of this post to reflect that. i also recommended adding the date it was updated to the title as well.

really enjoying the game so far, cant wait to see just how corrupt martin becomes :wink:

Oh, good point. I'll do that now.
And you really shouldn't go around corrupting innocent little bunnies like that. That's just not nice. ^^
BizzareBlue
Somewhat familiar

Re: Pacha's Quest V2 (WIP)

Postby e2s86 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 am

I do not know why but my antivirus does not allow me to open the exe file that I download :(
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:24 am

I've just done your patreon Succubus scene, It appears to be broken.
Even when i am over the TP 75 value, and i "succeed" when the succubus plays the fire animation to "teleport you back to the mortal realm" it immediately triggers a game-over
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby leonthegreat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:05 am

I love this game. I like how the Patreon is so cheap as well. 2 bucks is super manageable. I like that you also left the game open to be messed with if you have rpgmaker. I like looking into how you built your game. I am working on a game for fun on my own, and I like to look at your stuff (amoung others) as a reference for how to do stuff. I like it alot. Keep up the good work. Also, it would be super cool if you could get a naga on your team. I love nagas.
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tunknownusert » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:02 am

Tunknownusert wrote:I feel that the number of enemy encounters should be tuned down a bit. Got to the point where I just hit escape for sooo many in a row trying to get to an area over a small distance.

Yeah, I'll turn it down if a few places to try to mitigate that. Are there any particular areas that you think need this?[/quote]

For me personally, the forest area kinda drove me a bit crazy lol. I understand that you may have wanted a higher encounter rate given that it's a forest and all (just an assumption I am making, I have no clue if it is different from any other area) and I think the story said that nature is acting up or something along those lines. I just recall a few instances where I would finish a fight, take 1-2 steps and instantly be in another. I'm sure alot of that boils down to some form of confirmation bias where I am only remember negative instances and not all the instances where the opposite was true. Still, the 2 play of my two playthroughs, the forest is usually an area where I end up frustrated from encounter frequency.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game