Pacha's Quest V2 (WIP)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Pacha's Quest V2 (WIP)

Postby Tunknownusert » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:06 am

e2s86 wrote:I do not know why but my antivirus does not allow me to open the exe file that I download :(

I had a similar issue, you should be able to pause your antivirus for a moment allowing you to extract everything. Afterwards, just unpause your antivirus. After it's extracted your antivirus shouldn't give you any issues as the exe you will be using is for rpg maker.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby Terese1018 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:43 am

i like the new update but does the naga target your other party members or just pacha herself?
Terese1018
New to the forum

Postby Zomulgustar » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Just played through this update and I like the new text added. Nice to see another in-battle predator, I hope that is just a sample of things to come :)
The naga battle did have one minor bug though. Something I would never have found if I wasn't constantly guarding to see what would happen. If a character is knocked out by acid damage then it can still wriggle free and escape. It can also avoid being eaten by dodging even when knocked out.
Any way to just raise the minimum number of steps needed for an encounter? It seems to be set at anywhere from 2 steps to 40 steps right now. Which can get annoying at times. 15-30 seems like a nicer range. I don't know how much control you have over that kind of thing. Battles also still seem a bit on the easy side, except maybe at the very beginning. Great game still though, I'm just trying to provide some critical feedback.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby lypo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:20 am

What do I do with the Naga assassination quest in trader town. The cat wants me to kill the Naga who maybe ate her brother? Also I found a bug. When you go back to the hat shop that the cat was playing with the mouse girl. The mouse girl is digested in the bucket and standing there working.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby lypo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:50 am

I've found another problem. If you try to put Martin in the cage in stoat village when the leader ask for your prey you get a missing Martin walking graphic notice and the game crashes.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby leonthegreat » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:50 pm

I noticed an error that i was getting after I killed Omu. It would crash the game and have an error message saying Script 'Game_interpreter' line 450:NoMethodError Occurred. Undefined method [] for nil:nilclass

I tried to see what the issue was, but couldnt quite figure it out. I think it has to do with the line in the event code for OMU where it says Conditional Branch: Script: rand($game_variable[115]) == 1 . Once again, im not sure. but when I take that out of the Event code, it seems to prevent the game from crashing.
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:52 pm

I really dig this game so far. It is rare for vore games to allow party members to be swallowed and digested mid combat. Looking forward to what is coming next :gulp:
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby lypo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:50 pm

Skeiron wrote:I really dig this game so far. It is rare for vore games to allow party members to be swallowed and digested mid combat. Looking forward to what is coming next :gulp:

I love being able to feed my party members to other predators.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby leonthegreat » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:14 pm

I agree. It is pretty damn cool. I wish there were more opportunites for that, to be honest.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:57 am

I had a curiosity I forgot to ask about last time: Is there any chance the character sprites may be further updated, particularly to make them more anthro? Was especially wondering for the playable characters: The bunny for instance looks almost entirely human... Pacha could use just a few tweaks to make her muzzle more obvious. The mouse princess and the guy trying to eat her are fully anthro instead which is nice :)
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby lypo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:33 am

leonthegreat wrote:I agree. It is pretty damn cool. I wish there were more opportunites for that, to be honest.

I found one I didn't know about last night. If you win and eat the ball in otter town you can feed sichi the mouse to the seal girl to get the ring from her.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby leonthegreat » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Yeah. It is pretty cool to be able to do that even this late in the game.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby SputnikDX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:47 am

I don't like same size but this was really good. Like everyone has said, the ability to permanently lose your party members (due to your own action or rather inaction) is a really, really great concept that not a lot of people seem to do.

My only issue with the game (besides my personal vore preference) is the difficulty balance. If you actually equip weapons - even the cheap clubs - you can kill anything in the game in 1-2 turns. You're basically immune to basic attacks as well, but enemies casting Water can occasionally just one shot your characters. It's a really jarring difference.
SputnikDX
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:35 am

SputnikDX wrote:I don't like same size but this was really good. Like everyone has said, the ability to permanently lose your party members (due to your own action or rather inaction) is a really, really great concept that not a lot of people seem to do.

It would be cool if it was possible to feed any of the 3 (optional) party members to any other. I absolutely love the option to have the mouse girl eat the character who was going to eat her instead... would be really neat to see that further expanded!
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby BizzareBlue » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:54 am

Ooof, I’m really sorry for the delay again. I keep forgetting to check this page.

e2s86 wrote:I do not know why but my antivirus does not allow me to open the exe file that I download :(

That’s weird. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m going to be able to do much to fix that as rpgmaker compiles the exe file itself and gives me almost no control over the process. I could possibly submit it as a false positive to the company depending on who they are though. Which antivirus program do you use, and has it objected to any other rpgmaker games if you have tried them?

NekoYuki wrote:I've just done your patreon Succubus scene, It appears to be broken.
Even when i am over the TP 75 value, and i "succeed" when the succubus plays the fire animation to "teleport you back to the mortal realm" it immediately triggers a game-over

That’s really weird, and I can’t recreate it on my side. Can I ask who was in your party when you spoke to the succubus? The only other thing I can think of is that if you were on exactly 75 wp there might have been a rounding error that let Pacha survive the encounter, but then drained all her will afterwards.

leonthegreat wrote:I love this game. I like how the Patreon is so cheap as well. 2 bucks is super manageable. I like that you also left the game open to be messed with if you have rpgmaker. I like looking into how you built your game. I am working on a game for fun on my own, and I like to look at your stuff (amoung others) as a reference for how to do stuff. I like it alot. Keep up the good work. Also, it would be super cool if you could get a naga on your team. I love nagas.

Thanks! I’m really glad you are enjoying it and that it is proving useful to you for building your own game. I’m afraid I wasn’t planning to add a recruitable naga at any point though and because of the way several systems work, I needed to fix the number of characters that can join the player from the start and have already worked out the roles they are supposed to play in the story.

Tunknownusert wrote:
Tunknownusert wrote:I feel that the number of enemy encounters should be tuned down a bit. Got to the point where I just hit escape for sooo many in a row trying to get to an area over a small distance.

Yeah, I'll turn it down if a few places to try to mitigate that. Are there any particular areas that you think need this?

For me personally, the forest area kinda drove me a bit crazy lol. I understand that you may have wanted a higher encounter rate given that it's a forest and all (just an assumption I am making, I have no clue if it is different from any other area) and I think the story said that nature is acting up or something along those lines. I just recall a few instances where I would finish a fight, take 1-2 steps and instantly be in another. I'm sure alot of that boils down to some form of confirmation bias where I am only remember negative instances and not all the instances where the opposite was true. Still, the 2 play of my two playthroughs, the forest is usually an area where I end up frustrated from encounter frequency.[/quote]

Tunknownusert wrote:

I had a similar issue, you should be able to pause your antivirus for a moment allowing you to extract everything. Afterwards, just unpause your antivirus. After it's extracted your antivirus shouldn't give you any issues as the exe you will be using is for rpg maker.

Okay, I think I’ve found the code that controls how frequently new encounters are triggered, so I’ll see if I can tweak it to set a lower bound on those and prevent them from happening too often. And yeah, your suggestion with the antivirus should work, but I always feel nervous suggesting disabling antivirus software, even briefly.

Terese1018 wrote:i like the new update but does the naga target your other party members or just pacha herself?

The naga should target anyone in the party completely indiscriminately with his swallow attacks … although if he turns up without a mouse that he was hunting, he does bias his non-swallowing attacks towards Sichi (because mice are delicious). I might make him bias his swallow attacks in a similar way eventually.

lypo wrote:
Skeiron wrote:I really dig this game so far. It is rare for vore games to allow party members to be swallowed and digested mid combat. Looking forward to what is coming next :gulp:

Zomulgustar wrote:Just played through this update and I like the new text added. Nice to see another in-battle predator, I hope that is just a sample of things to come :)
The naga battle did have one minor bug though. Something I would never have found if I wasn't constantly guarding to see what would happen. If a character is knocked out by acid damage then it can still wriggle free and escape. It can also avoid being eaten by dodging even when knocked out.
Any way to just raise the minimum number of steps needed for an encounter? It seems to be set at anywhere from 2 steps to 40 steps right now. Which can get annoying at times. 15-30 seems like a nicer range. I don't know how much control you have over that kind of thing. Battles also still seem a bit on the easy side, except maybe at the very beginning. Great game still though, I'm just trying to provide some critical feedback.

I’m definitely planning to add some more predators that can swallow mid-battle to the game, although the naga is kind of the test run and, as you saw, things like the player being able to wriggle free and dodge when unconscious are still a problem. I’ll focus on making more creatures able to swallow the player once I’ve worked out how to fix that.

And yeah. The frequency with which the player gets attacked is a problem. I think I might be able to set a hard minimum on the number of steps between two attacks though and I might boost the difficulty of some of the early encounters and add an easy mode (for those who just want to see the story) in the next release.

Thanks for the feedback.

lypo wrote:What do I do with the Naga assassination quest in trader town. The cat wants me to kill the Naga who maybe ate her brother? Also I found a bug. When you go back to the hat shop that the cat was playing with the mouse girl. The mouse girl is digested in the bucket and standing there working.

lypo wrote:I've found another problem. If you try to put Martin in the cage in stoat village when the leader ask for your prey you get a missing Martin walking graphic notice and the game crashes.

lypo wrote:

You can eat the naga alchemist, but not if she is still awake or she would just start calling for the guards. Still, you might be able to find a way to knock her out if you look around her house. And thanks for catching the problem with the mouse. I’ll have a look and see what is causing that.

I’m kind of surprised you managed to find the bug with Argal though. A while back I looked at that code and couldn’t get the scene where he order Pacha to hand over the prey to trigger. It seemed a fairy low priority thing to fix though as the game works fine even if he never does that. I guess something I changed since must have fixed that bug and reintroduced this one though. I’ll try to get it fixed soon though.

Also, glad you are enjoying the in battle digestion. I’m planning to add a feed-to ability in the battles at some point so you don’t have to wait until the enemies randomly use their swallow attacks, but I haven’t quite worked out how to do that yet.

leonthegreat wrote:I noticed an error that i was getting after I killed Omu. It would crash the game and have an error message saying Script 'Game_interpreter' line 450:NoMethodError Occurred. Undefined method [] for nil:nilclass

I tried to see what the issue was, but couldnt quite figure it out. I think it has to do with the line in the event code for OMU where it says Conditional Branch: Script: rand($game_variable[115]) == 1 . Once again, im not sure. but when I take that out of the Event code, it seems to prevent the game from crashing.

leonthegreat wrote:I agree. It is pretty damn cool. I wish there were more opportunites for that, to be honest.

Whooops. Yeah, that needed to be 116. It’s supposed to control the probability of each different person Pacha eats during the day being the one who gets to complain when she finally heads to bed. Each time she eats someone, variable 116 is increased by 1 and there is a 1 in (people she has eaten) chance that the designated speaker will be set to her current victim.
I’m also definitely planning to add some more enemies that can swallow and digest the characters in battle.

Thanks. I’m glad you’re enjoying it and was very pleased when I found a way to implement that mechanic.

MirceaKitsune wrote:I had a curiosity I forgot to ask about last time: Is there any chance the character sprites may be further updated, particularly to make them more anthro? Was especially wondering for the playable characters: The bunny for instance looks almost entirely human... Pacha could use just a few tweaks to make her muzzle more obvious. The mouse princess and the guy trying to eat her are fully anthro instead which is nice :)

I’m not really sure what the ratio of human features to anthro ones will be in the story going forwards. Part of the reason I chose to make the characters so human looking for this game was because rpgmaker comes with a large number of pre-drawn faces and a generator for creating more, which saved me a lot of time and effort as long as I stuck to humanish characters (and while I was hoping to modify more of them to have animal features, that proved pretty time consuming and keeps getting pushed back in favor of other stuff). On the other hand, I’ve used a lot of the human faces already and soon I will need to start drawing new ones regardless, so I haven’t really decided. I might also come back to art I’ve already worked on and polish it a bit as quite a bit was not really as good as it could have been but was used just to keep the project going. Still, even that will probably get pushed back until other stuff is done.

lypo wrote:

I found one I didn't know about last night. If you win and eat the ball in otter town you can feed sichi the mouse to the seal girl to get the ring from her.

leonthegreat wrote:Yeah. It is pretty cool to be able to do that even this late in the game.

Yeah … I was planning to include a few chances like that throughout the whole game. After all, it might take a while to decide exactly which characters you want in your party and which can safely be disposed of.

SputnikDX wrote:I don't like same size but this was really good. Like everyone has said, the ability to permanently lose your party members (due to your own action or rather inaction) is a really, really great concept that not a lot of people seem to do.

My only issue with the game (besides my personal vore preference) is the difficulty balance. If you actually equip weapons - even the cheap clubs - you can kill anything in the game in 1-2 turns. You're basically immune to basic attacks as well, but enemies casting Water can occasionally just one shot your characters. It's a really jarring difference.

Yeah, the difficulty is something I'm still working on. I'm probably going to make the majority of the early enemies a little tougher with the next update. You're right about the water spell being a problem, and it's made worse by the fact that because Pacha starts with some fire magic, she has a slight weakness to water attacks. I might try adding some better magic protective gear to the early game to help with that. Thanks for pointing it out. Also, unfortunately, the game is probably going to remain heavily biased towards same size vore. Sorry about that.
BizzareBlue
Somewhat familiar

Postby lypo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Any more hints for what is needed to knock out the Naga. I've searched her home all I've found that I can interact with is the alchemy pot in the back. I've made defense and health and will potions with it.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby KHLover » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:07 am

Is it just me, or is the game no longer accessible through the current link?
KHLover
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm

KHLover wrote:Is it just me, or is the game no longer accessible through the current link?

It's giving me a 404 error as well.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby DraconicAzidal » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Is there any other way to make the mpuse girl a pred other than feeding her the otter
DraconicAzidal
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:47 pm

DraconicAzidal wrote:Is there any other way to make the mpuse girl a pred other than feeding her the otter

Was thinking the same thing. Would have been nice if there was.
MirceaKitsune
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game