IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.09 - Source Code Release!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.09 - [Small Update :)]

Postby deadgreenman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 am

hey, not sure if i'm just blind or what but can't seem to get the game started, clicked on main game and it sent me to a blank black screen
deadgreenman
New to the forum

Postby Enteresting » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 pm

deadgreenman wrote:hey, not sure if i'm just blind or what but can't seem to get the game started, clicked on main game and it sent me to a blank black screen

Another window will open up that's white, that's the game. The Command box is simply for Debug.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Shimakaze » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:30 am

Is pregnancy possible for this game? (and if not could it be added?)
EDIT: Im also curious if it'll ever become possible to eat the spouses of the NPCs we meet too,cause I find it weird that their huts suddenly abandoned after we eat the NPC,and the spouse just...
Poofs into nonexistence, on the side note,would it be possible to actually fuck the spouses too and maybe conduct 3somes as well if their PER and CHA are high enough to convince the spouse to form a harem with the PC.
And while we're on this topic of spouses and stuff,may as well ask this last question too,will marriage or anything of the short become possible?(cause it would be nice to have a place you could rest in that's not well...wilderness,for immersion purposes[or rather,instead of that since the game seems to be centered on being rather nomadic,a traveling companion/intimate partner that fights alongside you] after all if the enemies can have parties,why cant we?)
Also,are demi humans(catgirls/nunfurry vuplines or felines for example) actually in game or not? cause it seems impossible to only get partial transformations, and non of the starting races are demis either,its furry or not furry.which is a bit annoying.and I feel like im being led on seeing as I cant find em even though they were mentioned
Last edited by Shimakaze on Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shimakaze
New to the forum

Re: IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.08 - [Added Poll]

Postby Shimakaze » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 pm

AnonymousRandomAnon wrote:
gullvy wrote:It's not that complicated, really.

Tall potions make you taller, Potions of Poking give you a dick, and Rosy Potions enlarge your breasts. Potions with a color in the name change the color of various parts of your body.

Any potion that doesn't contain the word 'potion' is, as far as I know, completely randomized.

Yeah, but I've rested for literal years in front of wizards, druids, uhh, the merchant people and whoever else for lactation potions on one character, and I've only found two. (Three if you count one of those randomized drinks that came with a handful of effects I am definitely NOT putting on my character) Randomization in games is fine, but there should be a way for players to mitigate it a bit or at least lean things a bit in their favor, like, for example, when you hit max relationship with someone, you can request that they stock more of a certain item- it wouldn't be a guarantee, but just an increased chance. Like getting smiths to stock more greatswords, or wizards to stock more robes.

EDIT: Question: What does the vore digestion stat do? I assumed it would be killing your victims quicker while they're in your stomach, but they die quickly at level 0 anyway. Does it turn them from people to waste quicker?
EDIT 2: Shoot, egg on my face. Yeah, it makes them take more damage in your stomach, good for tougher enemies?

Tight potions also seem to induce lactating(I don't remember the names exactly so this might be wrong,but at the very least,there seems to be more than just one type of potion that induces lactation,though if you only want lactation the milk potions are the best fit since no extra TFs
Shimakaze
New to the forum

Postby anyany » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:44 am

What is the game engine does anybody know?
anyany
New to the forum

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 am

anyany wrote:What is the game engine does anybody know?

I'm pretty sure he made it himself. At least that's what I can recall from back when I did testing.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nouvi » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Yeah, self-made with Python based code from what I can tell, and remember.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby ScienceTiny » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:28 pm

I'm looking at it now, and it seems to use Pygame, which is a set of Python libraries/modules for game development, and PyQT, which appears to be the Python version/add-on for the QT platform written in C++. So, the game seems to use both Python and C++ code, but I don't really know much more than that.

Definitely appears to be custom, though. So, you'd have to ask Indighost directly for more info.
ScienceTiny
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:17 am

Does anyone know how to get potions more easily?
Specific ones to be exact.
That and has anyone tried Cheat Engine on this game?
Just curious is all.
Younger99
Participator

Postby S1nZ » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:30 am

Just a little bug report. If i was wearing trousers, and then i tossed it, it bugs out and remains on... and i can't seem toequip a loincloth i jsut picked up too
S1nZ
New to the forum

Re: IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.09 - Source Code Release!

Postby Indighost » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 am

2020-06-12 - Since I have started work on a new vore game, I am releasing the source code to this game! See this link.
Feel free to modify/borrow it, WITH ATTRIBUTION! :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/206zsegaxinqa ... e.zip?dl=0

For working with Python, I recommend Anaconda, and Eclipse/Liclipse

I'm going to try a new language next!
Indighost
---

Postby Hcam » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:02 am

Any hints of what will be or what will have your next game?
Btw I enjoyed IVG2, Nice game.
Hcam
New to the forum

Postby Circle0Trick » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:52 am

thank you for sharing the source code. I always like getting to look into how these sorts of things work.
It might take a while before I can fully understand the way its built (thank you for the generous amount of commenting,) but I expect I'll quite enjoy playing around with the rules.
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadowHawk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 pm

so, theoretically, how would one go about modifying the save file?
I'm a whore for vore!

Reality exists how you perceive it to exist.
ShadowHawk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:50 pm

ShadowHawk wrote:so, theoretically, how would one go about modifying the save file?

Not sure to be honest but I would like to learn how. X3
Younger99
Participator

Postby Unidentified17 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:17 am

Is thire a why to play this on moble?
Unidentified17
Been posting for a bit

Postby VexerHoodie » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:03 pm

I didn't know the source code was released. Thank you so much for doing that, and the best for you for your next project. Quite inspiring that you're going for a different language, too.
VexerHoodie
New to the forum

Postby SONICTEEN2GAMING » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:28 pm

so where are the save files stored I would like to change the stats and stuff of my character
SONICTEEN2GAMING
New to the forum

Postby SONICTEEN2GAMING » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:59 pm

and how do i open the save.vgs file what program should i use
SONICTEEN2GAMING
New to the forum

Postby Hippie21 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:47 am

The Savegame.VSG is a serialized file using pickle. If you want to edit / see the information, you would need to unpickle the info back into the Character template, edit the info, then pickle it back.

The "Character" template can be found in the source code under the file "Main_character.py", class Character(object), If you want to know what you want to modify. Some fields are refreshed as the game goes, so changing these won't do much.

Honestly, it's much easier to modify the source code and create a new playable race with the things you want (like basic life regen, or starting with the vore ability).
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game