Island 0.6.1 (Dec 15 2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want to see in 0.6?

More enemies
43%
More descriptions for current enemies
14%
More biomes
3%
More events
15%
Overhauled Character progression
15%
Stronger gameplay loop
10%

Total votes : 469

Island 0.6.1 (Dec 15 2020)

Postby Vizix » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker here, played many vore games over the years and I figured I would try my hand at putting one together. After a good deal of work I put together a tech demo in unity of pretty basic 2D tile based survival game. At this stage it is almost purely a text game besides the tiles and a basic battle screen. I designed it in such a way as to easily expand by adding more events and enemies and it shouldn't be very difficult to add art if I end up getting or commissioning some. I would love to get some constructive feedback on this tech demo. I have included two json files so you can see how enemies / event array are written out. So if anyone wants to send me some back I would consider adding it to game assuming some content things:
No underage
No gore
Female pred (could be convinced on futa if it is really good)
Writing is ok

Battle Tutorial:
Attack does damage to the enemy at the cost of stamina.
Resist attempts to break free of enemy grapple/vore move.
Rest restores stamina.
Flee will end the battle if you aren't grappled.

Contains:
F/? (second person description)
UB
AV
bit of oral sex
At least one enemy per biome

Please send me events or enemies, I would love to have more content. Example enemy.jsons and event_arrays are provided. If you have specific questions on how to create this let me know.

If you are an artist who would be interested in working with me feel free to DM.
https://mega.nz/file/nwh0xaBJ#ZOAPlaYsi ... 9PZo4MBnJY
Changelog:
Spoiler: show

-Added slime girl and kobold from slaggaX4 (forgot to move them from staging in 0.6)
-Made window resizable
-Added animations by LusciousRandomness to Wood Elf and Elf Huntress
-Added a forage and find water button so you're much less likely to die of thirst or hunger but much more likely to end your adventure inside an elf.
-Made sure you can't forage/water at home so you do have to go at least one tile from home
-Added one new contributed enemy, the Topaz dragoness from Etherthedrake
-Added a home tile that spawns with you that you can rest at by pressing space bar. You gain 10 health for 15 food and 30 water.
-Did right by the talented LusciousRandomness and figured out how to use his gifs in unity. Enjoy the animated beach elf and marsh fairy moves, they are beautiful.
-Buffed the player again because after coming back to work on it I was getting wrecked and I know my game.
-Now launches windowed to make it more consistent across resolutions

-Added four new enemies (three of which were written by slaggaX4 so thank them)
-Changed around under the hood calculations for grapples / resists (should make things a bit easiser)
-Added the cave biome
-Added caches (red tiles) around the map that will give you food / water but also a battle. There are 8 on the map at a time and they are replaced when looted
-Increased vision slightly
-hp regenerates more slowly
-stamina regenerates now

-Made game files for enemies and events accessible to players
-Enemies don't act again instantly after you escape them.

0.3:
-The Island generation is now random upon starting a new game. (you can view and even edit your island in biomes.txt)
-Lowered player max stamina
-Made players gain max HP and Stam on level up
-Added some awesome art done by LusciousRandomness
a. three characters received sprite portraits, one has staged vore pictures.
b. two biome backgrounds
-Lower huntress spawn rate because she will destroy players early game
-Increased other enemy spawn rates and food / water event rates

0.2:
-Added 1 new enemy that you can encounter in any biome.
-Added a unique gameover for each enemy.
-Made the Island much larger (no new biomes, yet!).
-Reworked struggling a bit.
-Added one or two new events
-Nerfed HP regen.
-Fixed a bug where enemies could not miss.
-You can restart the game by pressing R while in a game over.

Island 9_13_2020 9_31_05 PM.png

0.3_concept.PNG

SlaggaX4 submitted two enemies that I haven't added in the main game but they are a panther and a Pitcher plant. You will have to add them in an event to battle them. If you want add them the following events can be added to any of the event arrays. Just make sure if they are the last event they do not have a following comma.

{"hp_affect":0,"food_affect":0,"water_affect":0,"stamina_affect":0,"is_battle":true,"event_text":"As you follow a path through the forest you hear a growl nearby, from the bushes emerges a large panther. It's yellow slit eyes narrow on you as it gets ready to pounce.", "percent":1, "enemy_name": "Panther"},
{"hp_affect":0,"food_affect":0,"water_affect":0,"stamina_affect":0,"is_battle":true,"event_text":"A root catches your foot from below, disoriented as you are dragged to the earth you attempt to free yourself from the plant that grasps you.", "percent":1, "enemy_name": "Grasping Pitcher"},
submitted_enemies.zip
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 1240 times
Last edited by Vizix on Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Vizix
Participator

Re: Island 0.10 Tech Demo

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:03 pm

Well, I'd like an option to intentionally lose fights, and more descriptive gameovers, but what's here is certainly fine. I could definitely see this is being really fun once it's further along.
Favorite enemy so far: the fairy.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Cimche » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:28 pm

not sure how to play this game, wont work for me :?
Cimche
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vizix » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:47 am

empatheticapathy wrote:Well, I'd like an option to intentionally lose fights, and more descriptive gameovers, but what's here is certainly fine. I could definitely see this is being really fun once it's further along.
Favorite enemy so far: the fairy.

Thanks for the feedback, to intentionally lose fights spamming resist is the easiest way. The lower your stamina the more easily you are grappled. Specific game overs for enemies is pretty easy to add and I'll definitely put that on my to do.

Cimche wrote:not sure how to play this game, wont work for me :?

I'd like to help, what exactly are you running into? Does it launch? Can you extract the 7zip?
Vizix
Participator

Postby Firon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:48 pm

I think personally the first thing that needs adding is the option to restart a new game without having to close the program every time...it makes everything that much smoother
Firon
---

Postby Vizix » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 am

Firon wrote:I think personally the first thing that needs adding is the option to restart a new game without having to close the program every time...it makes everything that much smoother

That's a good suggestion, I'll make sure to fix that for .2
Vizix
Participator

Re: Island 0.20 (Sept 17 2020)

Postby Vizix » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:16 pm

Made some changes to the game and added a bit of content, updated the thread to reflect that. Check the changelog to see what's new in 0.2!
Vizix
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:25 am

hey neat update, i must my favorite so far is the beach elf. one thing that might need a buff is the food and water sources rates, they are bit too hard to find at times however with my suggestion we might not need food buff, which is:
Say do you have any plans for player as pred content as well?
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cimche » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:17 am

yeah just found out it was just the zip, fixed it
Cimche
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vizix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:43 am

Zbeubyx wrote:hey neat update, i must my favorite so far is the beach elf. one thing that might need a buff is the food and water sources rates, they are bit too hard to find at times however with my suggestion we might not need food buff, which is:
Say do you have any plans for player as pred content as well?

So currently you do get 20 food when you beat an enemy which I'll probably buff. As for player pred scenes i probably wouldn't add them but if someone wanted to write them it would be very simple to add support for it. My only reservation is that I want to keep the player as a genderless protagonist that everyone can project themselves into, which would probably limit player pred to vanilla OV. Secondly I have noticed water can be challenging so I'll probably add some more events for that.

Cimche wrote:yeah just found out it was just the zip, fixed it

Good to hear. :)
Vizix
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:48 pm

i understand your point, i believe i can provide something that respects your requirment if you want, just would it be progressive like it currently happens in battle or the og scenes that happen post-battle like in most games here?
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Zbeubyx wrote:i understand your point, i believe i can provide something that respects your requirment if you want, just would it be progressive like it currently happens in battle or the og scenes that happen post-battle like in most games here?

As of now I was thinking I would make it a post combat event, so not in stages. I'm not trying to balloon the written content for each enemy. Also that way if it is post combat it will make me implement post combat events which i was thinking i should do anyway.
Vizix
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 pm

i see, well in that case do you mind me trying to write something and PMing to you so decide what to implement or would you rather wait a few updates?
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Feel free to write it and PM me whenever. I am thinking I'll probably implement post combat events in 0.3 since it doesn't seem too challenging.
Vizix
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:41 pm

For sure
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Enteresting » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:27 am

For what you've got here, it's a short but nice start of a Demo. I'll raise a few
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:30 am

For a short demo the game concept is pretty nice. Not stupidly challenging but not impossible to win and survive so far. Got a few questions however.

Will it be all text-based or will we see some artwork?
Will there be more locations to explore and discover?
Will there be a camp, to recover health and stamina at?
Will we have the option to forage/scavenge for food and water?
Will there be other biomes and/or enemies implemented?

That's everything I can think of.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Vizix » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Enteresting wrote:For a short demo the game concept is pretty nice. Not stupidly challenging but not impossible to win and survive so far. Got a few questions however.

Will it be all text-based or will we see some artwork?
Will there be more locations to explore and discover?
Will there be a camp, to recover health and stamina at?
Will we have the option to forage/scavenge for food and water?
Will there be other biomes and/or enemies implemented?

That's everything I can think of.

In order:
I have been working with an artist and I hope to have some art for 0.3.
That's not in my immediate plans yet, but I am still thinking about making the island procedural generated or something.
I might consider something like that. It would give the player more of a reason to move around the map.
I don't think I'll make it an action as in something done instead of moving. I am considering maybe implementing 'caches' that appear on the map for the player to grab, that might be guarded.
I generally will try to add an enemy in each build. As for biomes I want to add another one in the next few builds, though I am having a hard time deciding what.
Vizix
Participator

Postby HavocLordX » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:11 pm

I feel like we need a Lamia or some kind of Tail-vore Enemy...Also, What seems to be new in version 2.7?
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby vgove » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:42 pm

can player be pred?
vgove
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game