Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V30H

Postby Pegadygor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:57 pm

A minor bug (?) report, if I may?
(I don't know if this is known and not fixable or has slipped through the net so far)

When a pred uses tailvore, the descriptive text is based on the prey's gender it seems.

E.g. "Female slurps up Male with his tail" or "Male slurps up Herm with their tail"
Pegadygor
Absent-minded glitter-dragon
Absent-minded glitter-dragon

Postby YaBoi42069 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Some suggestions, all changes to the cheat options, to make life a little easier

Add the ability to convert an army on the strategic map to the control of any other empire, like the "Switch Side" command, but for an entire army.

The ability to add traits by army, instead of just empire and individual

And an unreasonable request, making it easier to edit the special events that grant units etc., either through a custom menu or just making the files easier to access. Not sure how this game is coded, so this may be impossible, but one can dream.

I love this game, and thank you for putting as much work into as you have!
YaBoi42069
New to the forum

Postby Estee » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:07 am

Being able to edit custom events and perhaps even lines for vore and digestion would certainly be a good addition, if doing so would not be a pain in the ass to program in.
Estee
Participator

Postby MaleficMustelid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 am

The ability to cheat temporary status effects to a given unit or side would be nice.
MaleficMustelid
New to the forum

Postby vgove » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:32 pm

is there a cheat mode were you put yourself at a large advantage?
vgove
Participator

Postby tigersebel » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:06 am

vgove wrote:is there a cheat mode were you put yourself at a large advantage?

You can give your race some cheat traits. this would put you on a large advantage. you can add and remove traits in a menu.
tigersebel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:13 pm

Pegadygor wrote:A minor bug (?) report, if I may?
(I don't know if this is known and not fixable or has slipped through the net so far)

When a pred uses tailvore, the descriptive text is based on the prey's gender it seems.

E.g. "Female slurps up Male with his tail" or "Male slurps up Herm with their tail"

Ah, will get that corrected.
YaBoi42069 wrote:Some suggestions, all changes to the cheat options, to make life a little easier

Add the ability to convert an army on the strategic map to the control of any other empire, like the "Switch Side" command, but for an entire army.

The ability to add traits by army, instead of just empire and individual

And an unreasonable request, making it easier to edit the special events that grant units etc., either through a custom menu or just making the files easier to access. Not sure how this game is coded, so this may be impossible, but one can dream.

I love this game, and thank you for putting as much work into as you have!

Those first two could work. Modifying the built-in events is extremely unlikely to happen. Right now those are directly in the code to allow them to do those sorts of things, so the only way to change them is to use unity to rebuild the project after you modify that file in the source. It would be a lot of work to make those easily user editable.

Estee wrote:Being able to edit custom events and perhaps even lines for vore and digestion would certainly be a good addition, if doing so would not be a pain in the ass to program in.

The lines would be an easier mark, and I had sort of planned to revisit those after I finished setting up the custom bit for UH, but that was enough work and there was enough minor issues that I didn't really want to tackle it.

MaleficMustelid wrote:The ability to cheat temporary status effects to a given unit or side would be nice.

That would be a bit more to set up (because it would involve duration / effect strength), but I might attempt it.

vgove wrote:is there a cheat mode were you put yourself at a large advantage?

Yeah, there's several different ways you could do it. You could give your race extra cheats, you could start with extra villages, or just cheat in gold. You could also level up units or modify their stats to make them consume enemy troops with ease.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:37 am

Aurilika wrote:Modifying the built-in events is extremely unlikely to happen. Right now those are directly in the code to allow them to do those sorts of things, so the only way to change them is to use unity to rebuild the project after you modify that file in the source. It would be a lot of work to make those easily user editable.

I've not coded in Unity for ages but if you were to hypothetically do this I'd have an events trigger that prompts the game to look at either a .lua, .config, or an .xml file to decide what it should do next. Those would be easily edited without having to rebuild the project.

Still sounds like a lot of work for a niche feature, though.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby deg21 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:37 pm

it would be neat if you could capture surrendered units so that they could boost your money gain or something
instead of just killing/eating them.
love the game tho
deg21
New to the forum

Re: Vore War V29B

Postby ObsidianSnake » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm

deg21 wrote:it would be neat if you could capture surrendered units so that they could boost your money gain or something

I and others think that would be neat, too. From several pages back:
ObsidianSnake, on Jun 06, 2020 3:15 pm wrote:
nekusar wrote:Allow the capture of surrendered units for later eating or gifting to allies

I was going to suggest something like this. Additional possibilities: selling the captured units, conscripting them, harmlessly releasing them into a town for the garrison or if you're playing nice or as a prey race. This could create an enormous impact on gameplay when auto-surrender is on. I could see it being a major departure from the current experience. Whether that change is good or bad depends on the tastes of the player.

A possible complication: would the AI use it? That may not be a trivial update.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby deg21 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 am

A possible complication: would the AI use it? That may not be a trivial update.

fair point. would still be neat to have
deg21
New to the forum

Postby faceclock2200 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:15 am

Super minor, but when InfiniteAssimilate is added to one of the test-box trait lists (rather than being added directly) it always adds regular Assimilate as well, because the string 'Assimilate' is part of the string 'InfiniteAssimilate' and I assume (without having looked at your code) those fields work by text parser. The simplest solution would be renaming InfiniteAssimilate.
faceclock2200
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:40 pm

deg21 wrote:it would be neat if you could capture surrendered units so that they could boost your money gain or something
love the game tho

Perhaps some day.

faceclock2200 wrote:Super minor, but when InfiniteAssimilate is added to one of the test-box trait lists (rather than being added directly) it always adds regular Assimilate as well, because the string 'Assimilate' is part of the string 'InfiniteAssimilate' and I assume (without having looked at your code) those fields work by text parser. The simplest solution would be renaming InfiniteAssimilate.

Okay, went ahead and just did the easy fix, since I think that's the only conflicting trait.

Version 31 Released. Adds a new race and fixes a number of bugs related to disappearing garrisons (those ended up being severe enough I decided to just release earlier than planned instead of waiting for something else that was under way).

31:
Added the Ants as a main race, they have a unique queen sprite for their leader, and also can summon ants using pheromones to help them out. (The old ants race has been renamed to feral ants)
The cheat to add unit button to army has been replaced by a panel, with that, transferring the army to another empire, and add/removing a specific trait from every unit in the army as options. Also a refresh button (basically a new turn for the army - restores movement, and the usual amount of HP/Magic regen)
Gender was added to the unit info card on the same line as unit type. (Was requested, and this way it doesn't really take up much space)
Renamed InfiniteAssimilate trait to InfiniteAssimilation to avoid a text parsing bug (manually entering traits would grab both that and the regular assimilate trait)
Fixed a bug where dead garrison was being deleted in the wrong way, which could potentially cause unpredictable losses. Also fixed a related bug where cleaned up garrison would sometimes delete more than intended. Also fixed a bug where the garrison would be removed twice when the village changed owners, which would mostly obliterate the population. If you see any more errors where the population falls more than expected, report them and I'll fix them, but I think these three were almost certainly the cause of those.
Cheat Replaced races should now function better. Things like adventurers, and some other things should now be based on the replaced race. This should retroactively affect previous game games.
Added options to the cheat menu to unsurrender any surrendered units on a given side in a tactical battle.
Added an alternate bridge sprite for map creators (lines and dots), that can be used to simulate armies moving on shipping lanes. It also can be used to make diagonal bridges or wide bridges that look slightly more natural than the current bridges.
AI melee units with the biter trait are now more aggressive about trying to vore to take adavantage of their trait.
Fixed a typo in the tail vore text.
Some minor balance adjustments to a few of the main races.

The Vagrant sprites were also revamped, but that didn't manage to make it into the patch notes.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V31

Postby Aurilika » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:53 pm

Had a few issues reported so opted to put out a quick patch to fix them, since the map editor one could result in the loss of work.

V31A:
Fixed an issue with the map editor not working properly when entered through the main menu (the villages connected check was messed up, and it would throw exceptions in certain circumstances.)
Fixed an issue where male lizards would change gender if the 'lizards don't have breasts' toggle was enabled.
Fixed an issue where bridges didn't calculate properly for pathfinding purposes if you ran the map editor from the main menu.
Fixed an issue where the village taken notification was using the same empire for both sides.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V31A

Postby Manchura » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:38 pm

hm.....ill gets flagged in multi trait adding with thrill seeker as the pretext it is pulling from, might be more small words getting flagged in there but I have not looked into that aspect too much yet
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Justaslime » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:56 am

hmmmm...I have a idea about map editer,
——can we make a “Hero Mode”map? not just control a whole race, give one or few units cheat trait and use them to against a lot of enemys and devour them?
If map editer can make custom event happen when "hero's team"arrive some village or Specific location to tell a story to player...this maybe also can let player make them own adventure?not just play random map again and again
can we? hmmm actually it's just a imagine to make map editer more useful and people can upload more own-make map to play ?I have no much skill about game make so...this is just a suggest?
Justaslime
New to the forum

Postby Antigone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 am

Hello there, I would have a question (not a demand); can we hope one day to get the possibility to have several Leaders per empire?
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby hamimobe » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:57 am

Can I disable male vore in this game (so that only females can vore)?
also, i click the vore button, but it doesn't work.
hamimobe
New to the forum

Postby Antigone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:31 pm

It probably (probably) doesn't work because you are out of MP (or AP? Don't remember how it is called). You need at least 1 left to perform vore.
I don't think you can disable male vore, but you can just disable male characters, either in the race editor with the override feature, either in the create strategic options (I don't remember where though, but there is not so many options menus after all, there are 5 menus+empire list+map gen options+city/leaders options.).
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby ObsidianSnake » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 pm

hamimobe wrote:Can I disable male vore in this game (so that only females can vore)?
also, i click the vore button, but it doesn't work.

Content Settings, Gameplay Options, look at the right side, in the middle. Add "Prey" to the "Enter Traits to be added..." text field next to "Male Traits". Then at the bottom, "Save settings for this game and make settings the new default for created games". With that chore done, bon appetit, ladies.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game