Gulp Quest MV - Update 0.1 is here! (18/02/23)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What should be the mark for the Update 0.2?

Entirety of the Maid Cafe (mainly individual scenes, akin to the slime girl)
56%
Main Girls' scenes and Story (focusing on the development of the plot)
31%
Maps and Fights (create the next 3 overworld maps and put at least a monster or a scene in each of them)
13%

Total votes : 1231

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby ketchup » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:16 am

Is there any chance you can release a mac version of this as well, since it's made in MV?
ketchup
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:21 am

I need to check this out sometime. If I may throw in my 2 cents, one thing I never got was why that wolf you have to fight to get the undies was just a normal-ass wolf and not a wolf girl, which would give an opportunity for a vore scene. As it is, you just get spanked by a wolf and die with nothing to show for it, unlike the other enemies.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Soroxas77 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:35 am

Shugoki wrote:I need to check this out sometime. If I may throw in my 2 cents, one thing I never got was why that wolf you have to fight to get the undies was just a normal-ass wolf and not a wolf girl, which would give an opportunity for a vore scene. As it is, you just get spanked by a wolf and die with nothing to show for it, unlike the other enemies.

I think the reason was because it was a girl who was in trouble and from the story, it seems monster girls don't attack human women as noted when you are given the misson to find the caravan. The reason no one suspects a monster attack was that the caravan was all female except for the 1 year old child.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Observer888 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Is there anything new as of now?
Its great to see this game coming back
Observer888
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonitas » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:41 am

Observer888, aome dialog is updated, but nothing newer than that for now
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Few things to note:

*In the Inn the Slimegirl scene after closing curtains does not stop the Inn background music, the fake it option does it just fine.

*Spelling mistake "strenght" in 2nd text block of that same scene

*After stopping the Slime girl the Inn Keeper says he should have "colmated" those cracks in the walls long ago, not sure what that word is but I suggest it should be changed to something like "sealed" or "fixed".

*After beating the slime girl the Inn background music doesn't come back on.

*After Kate starts to walk to the toilet in her home the digestion sound effects still happen.

*Prison guard "Be careful witht he prisoner"

*Christelle sex scene text "drained of your strenght"

*Christelle vore scene choice menu text has "Sweet dreams Tony", it doesn't insert the name you chose at the start of the game.

*Combat menu has "Physical" option twice, the 2nd one replacing the "Special" option.

*Orc Girl, when she restrains you and no further normal attacks seem to hit you, it only happened once out of about 10 attempts, only when you're not restrained does she succeed at hitting you. I was using the Guard option at the time for each move.

*Combat doesn't seem to reward you with any exp,

*Cannot rest in home bed to recover HP/MP
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Soroxas77 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:21 pm

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:Few things to note:

*In the Inn the Slimegirl scene after closing curtains does not stop the Inn background music, the fake it option does it just fine.

*Spelling mistake "strenght" in 2nd text block of that same scene

*After stopping the Slime girl the Inn Keeper says he should have "colmated" those cracks in the walls long ago, not sure what that word is but I suggest it should be changed to something like "sealed" or "fixed".

*After beating the slime girl the Inn background music doesn't come back on.

*After Kate starts to walk to the toilet in her home the digestion sound effects still happen.

*Prison guard "Be careful witht he prisoner"

*Christelle sex scene text "drained of your strenght"

*Christelle vore scene choice menu text has "Sweet dreams Tony", it doesn't insert the name you chose at the start of the game.

*Combat menu has "Physical" option twice, the 2nd one replacing the "Special" option.

*Orc Girl, when she restrains you and no further normal attacks seem to hit you, it only happened once out of about 10 attempts, only when you're not restrained does she succeed at hitting you. I was using the Guard option at the time for each move.

*Combat doesn't seem to reward you with any exp,

*Cannot rest in home bed to recover HP/MP

How did you even defeat the orc girl? She hits you for like a third of your health and 11 health does not seem to be a signifcant amount of her HP...also, the lack of exp was intentional as the combat system is supposed to progress based on weapons provided to the player rather than exp.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonitas » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 pm

Psycho_wolvesbane, Thanks for the list! Some of the mentioned issues were pointed to me already, also please keep in mind this is not a very functional version of rhe remake since I stated it's mainly just to show that I am indeed working on the game when I can.

- BGM issue: I will add the stop music command there, thanks for pointing this out!

- Already corrected, will be fixed by the next expansion.

- I was weirded out by that word at first as well, apparently it's a french word (since the OG creator seems to speak french as a first language) which means to fill the gaps eith a substance that'll keep them closed. I may change it at a further date but it is part of the original script.

- I'll add the play music command there, thanks!

- I will make it stop when the time comes, thanks!

- Already fixed for the next version

- Same as above

- Slight oversight on my part, I'll fix it, thanks!

- Combat is not intended to work in this version, it is a work in progress I need to test for a bit still to make it work as I imtend. Any combat related issues encountered in this early build are a byproduct of this, the Orc girl doesn't even have it's dialogue added to the battle because it's not finished. The doubke Physical options issue is already fixed for the next version.

- Combat will not reward XP for the combat is being streamlined to become less of a grind and more of a side content kind of thing. Some other changes to it will include: Reduction of encounter rate, reduction of stats, reduction of rewards, and (trying) making each monster have a gimmick of sorts. Example: Bees are fast and can stun, but they're less tanky than the bulkyyet clumsy Orc.

- Since combat is not developed nor meant to be experienced yet, I have not added propper rest places yet.
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:40 pm

Hey, great job on this so far. Excited to see how your spin on this turns out.

A quick observation; In the original, I believe you were able to steal an armor from the guard house at night during your prisonbreak escapade. I noticed that you had implemented the armor itself as a decoration, but it is sadly uninteractable.

Not sure if intentional, since you are disincentivising and streamlining combat, making gear upgrades less important, or if it had simply slipped through the cracks.

Not really much of an omission, but was one of the things that stuck in my mind from the original all those years ago.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:34 am

Soroxas77 wrote:How did you even defeat the orc girl? She hits you for like a third of your health and 11 health does not seem to be a signifcant amount of her HP...also, the lack of exp was intentional as the combat system is supposed to progress based on weapons provided to the player rather than exp.

I fought her twice, once where I was trying to lose on purpose to see if there was any loss vore scene, turns out not, and doing this I was testing how well the Guard feature worked, turns out really well. The 2nd time I managed to get hit for like 23-30hp each time but managed to get enough damage in to her due to her many attempts at restraining, and as I mentioned before she couldn't hurt me while I was restrained. I couldn't hurt her either though so I needed to Break Hold and then attack next turn, guess I got lucky to finish her off.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby gam » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:10 pm

how do i get the key from the guard?
gam
New to the forum

Postby Archangel64 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:31 pm

gam wrote:how do i get the key from the guard?

Buy sleep potion and put it into his drink
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NiceGuy18 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:18 pm

I am liking where this is going so far. I do wish you could show the old game over scenes from the originals if you can but I am not familiar with this game program so I am not sure how that might work.

I also can't wait to see what you do with the maid Cafe. I actually wrote my own interpretation of that part myself. It will be interesting to see what you do.
NiceGuy18
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonitas » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:26 pm

Erecant, Hey! I didn't know you could do that to be honest, it never occurred to me, but I can surely add that as a feature, it'll help nicely make the combat easier for those who explore.
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby FutureBellyAche » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Im glad to see one of these projects finally panned out in some way. Look forward to seeing what you manage to make.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby MomoDaMouse » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:54 pm

I hope this succeeds and I hope you have an easy time writing this amazing sequel^^
I love that someone finally hopped to actually doing this! Anyways best of luck, safe developing, and I hope you provide us with plenty of lewd fun.

PS. My birthday is coming up this October... can you include a facesitting scene (if you like writing that of course) in an update before the end of the month? It would mean a lot even though I'm essentially a random stranger. If you don't then no skin off my back^^

Much love, hope development goes well and lemme know if you want some inspiration!
Always up for an rp if people want a descriptive prey/sex toy!
MomoDaMouse
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonitas » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:43 pm

NiceGuy18, Yes I've read it, and I have it saved to my favourites actually ^^

I may include something similar but the interactions I have in mind will be different.
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonitas » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 pm

MomoDaMouse, I highly doubt I could add such a scene and make it make sense within the current narrative of the game at such an early point in development. If you however do like the way I write, feel free to ask me for a commission.

That being said, there will be face sitting in the future of the game, sooner or later you'll get it, so look forward to that day!

NiceGuy18, Hey! I don't know ehat you mean by 'the old game over' scenes. If you're referring to the music that plays and the game over text, then yeah I kinda do as well but I don't consider it a priority so I don't intend to change it anytime soon. As for the story, yeah! I've read it and favorited it a long time ago, if you'd like me to I could draw inspiration from it to make a scene at the cafe ^^
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:36 am

I'd also be interested to see what you do when you visit the cat girl's house in person, the only time you actually visit was through her stomach and then the tour only included her toilet. I expect that part won't change but you'll at least get to wander around the house for a little bit before you are invited down her throat.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Keylimes » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:59 am

Been seeing a lot of discussion around vore scenes beyond the main town and forest? Are they scenes that used to be in the game and are being remastered? Or am I doing something totally wrong after I free the woman from jail and send her on her way. Does the game end after the guard captain speaks to you out front your own home?
Keylimes
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game