Island 0.6.1 (Dec 15 2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want to see in 0.6?

More enemies
43%
More descriptions for current enemies
14%
More biomes
3%
More events
15%
Overhauled Character progression
15%
Stronger gameplay loop
10%

Total votes : 469

Re: Island 0.20 (Sept 17 2020)

Postby Vizix » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:18 pm

HavocLordX wrote:I feel like we need a Lamia or some kind of Tail-vore Enemy...Also, What seems to be new in version 2.7?

I might consider a Lamia for the next enemy, tail vore isn't quite my thing though. I do accept submissions of enemies if you want to write them, I include a template of enemy files and events in each build so people know what they look like.
vgove wrote:can player be pred?

At this time no, a few messages above I discussed this with someone who said they might try to write some player pred stuff.

Also 0.3 dropped today with some great pixel art from LusciousRandomness who has been so kind to contribute to this project.
Vizix
Participator

Re: Island 0.30 (Oct 4 2020)

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:39 pm

Wow, I am getting destroyed now. I resist only to immediately get caught again. Should probably make it so the opponent can't grab you again on the same turn you escaped.

EDIT: I like the direction the visuals are going.
Last edited by Shadowlyger on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:41 pm

I'm assuming that the 'female pred' thing in the enemy submission requirements means that animal preds aren't allowed?
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vizix » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:03 am

Shadowlyger wrote:Wow, I am getting destroyed now. I resist only to immediately get caught again. Should probably make it so the opponent can't grab you again on the same turn you escaped.

EDIT: I like the direction the visuals are going.

That's a good idea, their grapple should probably auto fail if you successfully struggled away.

DollyFailFail wrote:I'm assuming that the 'female pred' thing in the enemy submission requirements means that animal preds aren't allowed?

Yeah I'm not keen on adding feral content. Anthros I am generally fine on.
Vizix
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 pm

I'm probably low on time, but judging from the screenshots and the visuals, it reminded me of an Old game I used to play (Fatty Text Adventures. Also vore themed.).
I'll play it when I have the chance, because it looks really promising. :-D
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:18 am

On the 'submitting content' front, I have a question: How possible would it to add events with choices? You know, an event where the outcome depends on the players choice.

Unrelatedly, do you think you would be able to like, make it so that the event and enemy files are open for players to access? That way, if people want to have content you don't want to implement into the 'official' version, or don't like something that is already in the game, they can edit the files directly instead of submitting things to you that you might not like?
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vizix » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:52 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:On the 'submitting content' front, I have a question: How possible would it to add events with choices? You know, an event where the outcome depends on the players choice.

Unrelatedly, do you think you would be able to like, make it so that the event and enemy files are open for players to access? That way, if people want to have content you don't want to implement into the 'official' version, or don't like something that is already in the game, they can edit the files directly instead of submitting things to you that you might not like?

I don't have a way to make decisions in events yet, but that's a good idea. I'll think about how to implement that. As for your second question upon building unity bundles the resource folder into some unity specific structure. I'll do some research and see how i can make it editable.
Vizix
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:42 pm

If you look up the game Nomad on the forums here, the Dev for that is planning to do that for his own Unity version(a big part of Nomad is that like, literally everything except the games base mechanics can be custom made by players), you could ask him for some tips on how to make it work.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vizix » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:35 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:If you look up the game Nomad on the forums here, the Dev for that is planning to do that for his own Unity version(a big part of Nomad is that like, literally everything except the games base mechanics can be custom made by players), you could ask him for some tips on how to make it work.

Making the enemy files and event files uncompressed was actually very straightforward. So I have updated the main post with 0.3.1 which has that as well as enemies won't act if you have just escaped them.
Vizix
Participator

Re: Island 0.3.1 (Oct 6 2020)

Postby maxicrack » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:18 am

Problem: How do I open 7z files?
maxicrack
Been posting for a bit

Postby killermeow » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:34 am

maxicrack wrote:Problem: How do I open 7z files?

You need 7 zip, found here: https://www.7-zip.org/
It's one of the better data compression programs, both in terms of packing and unpacking, and it won't yell at you every time you use it like WinRAR.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby maxicrack » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:36 am

Thank you!
maxicrack
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shadowlyger » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:13 pm

Next suggestion, perhaps visible points at which to acquire food and water, as dehydration seems to be my leading cause of death. :lol:
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:16 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:Next suggestion, perhaps visible points at which to acquire food and water, as dehydration seems to be my leading cause of death. :lol:

The latest version is less likely to have you dying of Hunger than of hungry elf warriors. I got to the point where I had over 1k food and water and don't ask how many health...enough to keep from getting damaged essentially.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Some additional options for actions in game wouldn't go amiss, even if it's just like, things that bias the actions towards a certain outcome(for example, actions that find food/water).

Frankly, now that it's possible for players to just sorta make their own enemies and events, having more enemies and more events on the poll seems unnecessary. The other three are things we can't do ourselves after all, heck, odds are I might throw a couple enemies and events in for the official version myself once I get around to making them.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Vizix » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Updated to 0.4, changelog is in first post.
Vizix
Participator

Postby slaggaX4 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Thanks for the shout out, there's gonna be some more writing finished soon ish.
slaggaX4
Been posting for a bit

Postby VAddict » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:16 am

For some reason when I go into the game I can't move or do anything so I'm unable to play, it's odd since I do remember playing an older version but even that file doesn't work anymore.
VAddict
New to the forum

Postby Vizix » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:58 am

Try pressing R, you could potentially be loading into a game over. If that doesn't fix it try deleting player_save and biomes.txt in the folder so you get a newly generated player save and map.
Vizix
Participator

Postby VAddict » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:00 pm

lolcp123 wrote:Try pressing R, you could potentially be loading into a game over. If that doesn't fix it try deleting player_save and biomes.txt in the folder so you get a newly generated player save and map.

I tried pressing R when in the game but it didn't work so I then looked for player_save and biomes.txt and I couldn't find those files, I even tried deleting the game and then extracting it again and that didn't work either.
VAddict
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game