Real life things that ruin vore in fantasy?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Real life things that ruin vore in fantasy?

Postby 157and493 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:53 am

Have you ever had a real life experience that resulted in you no longer being able to enjoy an aspect of vore?

For example, I once heard someone in real life say a phrase commonly heard in vore stories and now every time I see that phrase in a vore story I automatically think of the time that guy said it and get completely turned off.
Does this type of thing happen to anyone else?
157and493
Participator

Re: Real life things that ruin vore in fantasy?

Postby Ignoreme79 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:24 pm

try working as a nurse for awhile (or the medical field in general). It makes a lot of the more...visceral parts of this fetish hard to stomach. I will always have a hard time getting into scat/disposal because I know just how bad it can get IRL. Of course, I still find plenty to love but knowing how it all is really supposed to work makes it difficult for me to get into the "too realistic" vore scenarios.
Ignoreme79
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anthro21 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Oh my lord, yes. For me it often comes down to names. For example, I once commissioned a story from one of my favorite authors, and they accidentally gave the super hot, sexy predator the same name as my 10-year-old cousin and it just ruined the whole thing for me. For that reason, I actively avoid using real names for any characters I use, unless I'm working with canon characters.
Anthro21
Been posting for a bit

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Ignoreme79 wrote:try working as a nurse for awhile (or the medical field in general). It makes a lot of the more...visceral parts of this fetish hard to stomach. I will always have a hard time getting into scat/disposal because I know just how bad it can get IRL. Of course, I still find plenty to love but knowing how it all is really supposed to work makes it difficult for me to get into the "too realistic" vore scenarios.

^ A major reason I dislike scat in vore stories.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PhantomOfMars » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Anthro21 wrote:Oh my lord, yes. For me it often comes down to names. For example, I once commissioned a story from one of my favorite authors, and they accidentally gave the super hot, sexy predator the same name as my 10-year-old cousin and it just ruined the whole thing for me. For that reason, I actively avoid using real names for any characters I use, unless I'm working with canon characters.

I have to go through the name lists in the games I play from this site and clip out specific names. I totally get this.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby Randomdude5 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:26 pm

I agree with the names part. It kinda ruins the experience and makes me feel dirty if it uses names of people that I am close too; however if the story uses the name of an acquaintance of mine then it doesn't matter.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby RiffRaff » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:03 pm

I agree with a lot of the folks here saying names are a turn off, I find it to be the case as well. I have a lot of good friends with very common names and seeing them in stories tends to make me imagine them instead of who I'm suppose to.
RiffRaff
Been posting for a bit

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:35 pm

That's a good argument for not using real names—easy enough in science fiction and fantasy settings.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby N-Mario » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:05 pm

NGL, I almost drowned once in water when practice swimming..... Probably had a part in it for ruining my experience.
Also, things like hard vore, blood shed, digestion, scat. etc. Things like these REALLY turn me off.

If it's vore, it absolutely HAS to be cute, or doesn't even work for me.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Skittles209 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Cooking, slaughtering/gore, and humans are the most common for me.

Reasons are practically all political. The whole eat the rich, and Black lives matter for instance. Like I get it. But why was there a need for a sudden upsurgance of human pred listed under BLM sharing the same skin tone as all marching under that banner with a lighter skin toned prey.
Cooking comes from my everyday life, I help in the kitchen and once helped some distant relatives dispatch and prepare a whole animal before. Didn't ruin it and I am not a vegan. I just, absolutely do not understand that appeal. It would be as if I like Macro/micro preds because I fantasize about swallowing mice and puppies but am too chicken shit to do it. I just like finding out people think shrinking would work. Proton collides and whatever not.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby wamdueCastle » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:26 am

Ignoreme79 wrote:try working as a nurse for awhile (or the medical field in general). It makes a lot of the more...visceral parts of this fetish hard to stomach. I will always have a hard time getting into scat/disposal because I know just how bad it can get IRL. Of course, I still find plenty to love but knowing how it all is really supposed to work makes it difficult for me to get into the "too realistic" vore scenarios.
yeah be it vore of just general submission, scat has always seemed an odd one to me, its just wrong on AL the levels.

I would not mind some water sports play, but scat, no thanks.

Guess that is where my safe word comes in.
wamdueCastle
Somewhat familiar

Postby auric » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 am

The only problems for me are plausibility breaches, i.e. my subconscious chiming in with reasons why it is impossible. Silly things. Wouldn't they break your grip or simply crawl back out? How can you subdue your prey casually without exerting muscle power or being 'soft'? How would they not scream for help? If they did scream, why would the police not arrive and shoot you? How do bones soften and at the same time remain unyielding as needed or even push and pull as needed? tl;dr wtf? etc. Demonstrably nonesense and with perfectly valid rebuttals.
auric
Been posting for a bit

Postby wamdueCastle » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 am

auric wrote:The only problems for me are plausibility breaches, i.e. my subconscious chiming in with reasons why it is impossible. Silly things. Wouldn't they break your grip or simply crawl back out? How can you subdue your prey casually without exerting muscle power or being 'soft'? How would they not scream for help? If they did scream, why would the police not arrive and shoot you? How do bones soften and at the same time remain unyielding as needed or even push and pull as needed? tl;dr wtf? etc. Demonstrably nonesense and with perfectly valid rebuttals.
I dont know if you mean it this way, but you make me think of, shrunk and normal size prey. Shrunk you can do anything with, but even normal size prey, if its their honest desire, then there is going to be alot less objection.

Of course large pray is not that far away from cannibalism, but I enjoy my submissive desire, so if someone was to make me into a meal, im gonna enjoy that.
wamdueCastle
Somewhat familiar

Postby auric » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:02 pm

wamdueCastle wrote:
auric wrote:The only problems for me are plausibility breaches, i.e. my subconscious chiming in with reasons why it is impossible. Silly things. Wouldn't they break your grip or simply crawl back out? How can you subdue your prey casually without exerting muscle power or being 'soft'? How would they not scream for help? If they did scream, why would the police not arrive and shoot you? How do bones soften and at the same time remain unyielding as needed or even push and pull as needed? tl;dr wtf? etc. Demonstrably nonesense and with perfectly valid rebuttals.
I dont know if you mean it this way, but you make me think of, shrunk and normal size prey. Shrunk you can do anything with, but even normal size prey, if its their honest desire, then there is going to be alot less objection.

Of course large pray is not that far away from cannibalism, but I enjoy my submissive desire, so if someone was to make me into a meal, im gonna enjoy that.

I think it is kinship and not size, that decides something as cannibalism.
auric
Been posting for a bit

Postby wamdueCastle » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:14 pm

auric wrote:
wamdueCastle wrote:

I think it is kinship and not size, that decides something as cannibalism.
very true, guess I was thinking of it in the wrong fashion, well that and I like my vore to be between humans.
wamdueCastle
Somewhat familiar

Postby auric » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:23 pm

wamdueCastle wrote:very true, guess I was thinking of it in the wrong fashion, well that and I like my vore to be between humans.

Me too. I like anthro at about 70% of the rate of human (although anthros dodge the uncanny valley better... there are a lot of artists and pics I feel I OUGHT to like more than I do, because they seem hyperrealistic and yet fall just short of being actually convincing. Anthros have more degree of freedom in unrealism in my mind). And for some reason I also like dragon on dragon vore. Nothing else, strangely...
auric
Been posting for a bit

Postby wamdueCastle » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:40 pm

auric wrote:
wamdueCastle wrote:very true, guess I was thinking of it in the wrong fashion, well that and I like my vore to be between humans.

Me too. I like anthro at about 70% of the rate of human (although anthros dodge the uncanny valley better... there are a lot of artists and pics I feel I OUGHT to like more than I do, because they seem hyperrealistic and yet fall just short of being actually convincing. Anthros have more degree of freedom in unrealism in my mind). And for some reason I also like dragon on dragon vore. Nothing else, strangely...

this is why I dont focus too much on the details, because this isnt something that stands up to logic, or thinking about too much.

just enjoyed the thought of either, being a meal for someone more dominant than you, or enjoy the thought of making someone into a meal, whichever floats your boat.
wamdueCastle
Somewhat familiar

Postby AsterRose3rd » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:20 pm

I hate it when people upload videos to Youtube that involve a person imitating vore in real life. I also hate it when people make ranting videos about how disgusting it is without taking a look at some of the non-vore fetishes. Also if theirs one category of vore I hate its "Hard vore". I don't even consider "Hard Vore" to be vore because unlike the other categories of vore, its more related to cannibalism. People who dislike this fetish often get vore mixed up with cannibalism when its far from like that, because the difference between the two is that one involves the prey being torn apart first.

To me, vore is meant to be a fantasy fetish that should stay a fantasy fetish and never be compared to something in "RL".
AsterRose3rd
New to the forum

Postby Jayezox » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Anthro21 wrote:Oh my lord, yes. For me it often comes down to names. For example, I once commissioned a story from one of my favorite authors, and they accidentally gave the super hot, sexy predator the same name as my 10-year-old cousin and it just ruined the whole thing for me. For that reason, I actively avoid using real names for any characters I use, unless I'm working with canon characters.

So much this. There was a full tour interactive segment I totally skipped because the player character's sister is the predator and shares a name with my real life sister. It looked like it would have been good too, but it would have made me way too uncomfortable no matter how detailed and how well it matched my interests.

To add to that, ferals that make me think of real life animals are a huge no.
Jayezox
---

Return to General Vore Discussion