Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V31A

Postby Cruelin660 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Which is why it was a idea, but I can see it being Implemented as some kind of book spell that represent what they mostly do
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cruelin660 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Come to think of it, I kinda wish there was a trait that had multiple progression speed based on the bulk digested, which I feel is a little of a extreme wishful thinking..
but to put it simply, this Trait that I will dub Protein Gain works by using the unit absorbed bulk to give it a boost in stats and maybe a threshhold where you may have it increase in size to represent how much it has absorbed.
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonlord » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:36 am

So I've noticed that usually after knocking over a single empire you're usually powerful enough to just roll over the rest of the game. Any chance we could see some version of an end game crisis where a massive powerful horde appears attacking everyone or something of that nature?

Potential ideas
*Legendary dragon awakens leading massive kobold swarm.
*Hell invades, massive succubus arms continuously spawn until you defeat the hell portal town.
*Mongol Invasion, several massive waves of humans attack.
*Alien invasion, Vipers begin spawning and attacking in mass.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Younger99 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:00 am

Dragonlord wrote:So I've noticed that usually after knocking over a single empire you're usually powerful enough to just roll over the rest of the game. Any chance we could see some version of an end game crisis where a massive powerful horde appears attacking everyone or something of that nature?

Potential ideas
*Legendary dragon awakens leading massive kobold swarm.
*Hell invades, massive succubus arms continuously spawn until you defeat the hell portal town.
*Mongol Invasion, several massive waves of humans attack.
*Alien invasion, Vipers begin spawning and attacking in mass.

Very intriguing idea there I must say.
There is lots of potential for this and plenty of ways to execute it.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 am

Aurilika wrote:If you still have that savegame, you can send it to me and I'll figure out why the battle instantly quit.

I'll check into that issue with the monsters. You have it set at the overall level to ignore, and all of the individual monsters are set to that, or to 'use default'?

I successfully loaded the game into a battle, so I don't know what's up...

...also... pardon...?
be right back...

...okay... for SOME FUCKING REASON, EVERY. SINGLE. MONSTER. Was individually set to "eat some and disperse", when I NEVER touched that drop down(as evidenced by my confusion, I forgot it even existed), I've only used the main one, since we have a LOT of monsters now, and it's far more convenient. I haven't thought of any reason to have a monster species to behave differently than another yet, and even if I did, I would have only changed the individual outliers, and kept the rest on default duty... *sigh* how did this happen? Well... we figured it out now, at least.

...I've got quite a few options to change...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Cruelin660 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Oh yeah, Praying Mantis do have frontal Limbs on their Claws, just to throw that out since I thought they didn't have frontal limbs on their claws, but they do
https://scx1.b-cdn.net/csz/news/800/201 ... ingtoa.jpg
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:49 am

I was playing a generated map, and tried to add some monster spawners via the map editor, but I tried to finish, it said some armies can't reach some villages(I still want that message to be skippable, I.E. "some yada yada can't whatever" then two buttons: Okay(close the window, but still in the editor(what is is now)), and Exit anyway, or something to that effect(exit the editor, despite some armies being supposedly stranded, would allow us to more easily mass delete armies(via water))).

I tried just opening it and immediately closing it, and yeah, still getting the message. Somehow an army got naturally stranded...

--------------

Hmmm? Can the DewSprites cock vore? There's an option to disable it in the race editor, implying that they can, but I can't change their gender from female.

------

ALSO! I gave the cakes assimilate and huge(just those traits), to allow them to potentially become very unique units... but I noticed that a couple had acquired INFINITE ASSIMILATE! THAT probably should be able to be assimilate-able. XD

I wonder if it'd be possible to be able to choose from a menu which traits can be assimilated and which ones can't(maybe someone would like it if there was the possibility of assimilate "Evolving" and become the infinite version... hmmm trait evolution... now THERE'S a thought...)

And speaking traits, i'm surprised we don't have any way of influencing aggro, like taunting, or being stealthy, so the enemy can't attack this unit until all others(that LACK the trait, so an entire ARMY that's stealthy would... do absolutely nothing, they'd need a non stealthy unit to act as tank)(a taunting trait would of course be the opposite, making so that enemies HAVE to deal with it first(which would be a sure death sentence for the unit unless prepared, but it could have it's tactical uses)).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Cruelin660 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I was playing a generated map, and tried to add some monster spawners via the map editor, but I tried to finish, it said some armies can't reach some villages(I still want that message to be skippable, I.E. "some yada yada can't whatever" then two buttons: Okay(close the window, but still in the editor(what is is now)), and Exit anyway, or something to that effect(exit the editor, despite some armies being supposedly stranded, would allow us to more easily mass delete armies(via water))).

I Actually Agree with this message, Since it also Includes wild monsters that Randomly Spawns on Generated Unreachable Area (I made it so it should be mostly lakes, but it put alot a land still to make villages reachable.)
if you can add the ability to Skip these or make it mute, it would be great
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 pm

Well, I've decided to give this game a try.

Any strategy suggestions from other players? This is actually my first 4X.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Dragonlord » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:06 pm

MasterGryph wrote:Well, I've decided to give this game a try.

Any strategy suggestions from other players? This is actually my first 4X.

As far as 4x's goes this one is pretty simple and basic. For most races I find the best thing to do is to try and have a mix 2/1 mix of melee and ranged units with one character devoted to magic (healing/other). I've found great success from spending the first turn lining your units up in a line formation with melee up front and archers just behind them even if the race doesn't gain bonuses from adjacent units. Never buy any maces or shortbows, while this means you won't have your first full army up turn one, the power difference is immense. Don't worry over much abut getting your town defenses up immediately as monsters don't start spawning until turn 5 or 6ish, so focus defensive units where you see enemies heading. Last bit of advice, try not to attack capitals until your army is mostly lvl 3-4. Capitals get more defenses than normal towns and they will actually have a few longbows/axes (the AI tends to only use low grade weapons for defense).

Like I said it's fairly easy and this is just how I tend to play.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:23 am

Found the problem, a monster army spawned on an island at the edge of the map, surrounded by water, I'm bridging all these spots to prevent this happening again.

-----------

Also, it'd be nice if we could see the genders of mercenaries in the hire menus(So that we can recruit specific units based on gender(like if you've assigned gender specific traits, or you're trying to make single sex squads)).

------------

Somehow, even though I set it to not watch ANY AI fights(I also unchecked monster fights), randomly, on some random turn, it entered a fight between cakes and mantis(I didn't notice until it was cycling the 2000th turns), which I couldn't skip, and it didn't autosave at the beginning of the battle.

After reloading the whole strategic turn, it didn't happen again.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Cruelin660 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:39 pm

were you thinking of a Campaign in vore War?
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Unidentified17 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:03 am

Hi, I've been following Vore Wars for some time now , I have to say I really like it, thires not that many sandbox vore games out thier. Anyways I was wondering what you thoght about a the idea of a new trait, it's a trait that let's you pretty much give birth to a new character after Unbirthing them, thogh at some costs, it take like 2 to 3 in game days to give birth and the person starts off as level 1. The advantage being solders born like this are born the race of your species but keep one or two traits from the character they where before being unbirth. If anything just tell me what you think?
Unidentified17
Been posting for a bit

Postby blockchain » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:09 am

theres a rebirth cheat trait but its not 100% of the times that the unit will be rebirth, also it will rebirth at the same level they had before.
blockchain
New to the forum

Postby Unidentified17 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:32 am

Really that's amazing, I've never found it before, thanks for telling me I'll look for it
Unidentified17
Been posting for a bit

Postby TNT00007 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Excuse me, if I want to change the language of this game to another language (Japanese and so on), what do I need to do?My English is not very good... ^^;
TNT00007
Been posting for a bit

Postby blockchain » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:53 am

the game doesnt have a language option, I think it would be a lot of work to translate too
blockchain
New to the forum

Postby TNT00007 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:23 am

I know the translation work is very big. I just want to know which language file is. I mainly want to translate the general settings and encounter settings^^;
TNT00007
Been posting for a bit

Postby Wolf172 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:55 pm

Don't Know if I am the only person to suggest this or not, But would it be possible to have a little lore description pop up for some or all the buildings that you are able to construct? I know that we have a description of what they provide, But some thing short and sweet, Like for the capital palace say something like, "in a world were being swallowed whole is a real everyday occurrence. Building such elaborate palaces for oneself is a great accomplishment". Just an idea that popped in my head.
Wolf172
New to the forum

Postby deg21 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Wolf172 wrote:Don't Know if I am the only person to suggest this or not, But would it be possible to have a little lore description pop up for some or all the buildings that you are able to construct? I know that we have a description of what they provide, But some thing short and sweet, Like for the capital palace say something like, "in a world were being swallowed whole is a real everyday occurrence. Building such elaborate palaces for oneself is a great accomplishment". Just an idea that popped in my head.

i love lore so i support this idea greatly
deg21
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game