Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:55 am

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:
In short level design is much shorter and easier to do then the rest, cool. Well if you ever get stuck with lvl designing you can always ask for inspiration from here and see what comes up.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:hmmm....wonder how many sprite that will take... There also the option of reusing the full belly 1 sprites but that wouldn't make size sense with micros, maybe small knee high people or aliens could work for that.

Oh no new sprites beyond the swallow, they won't be big enough to require a belly sprite.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:49 am

WiP concept for the next enemy!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (37.87 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby SaltySultan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:32 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:WiP concept for the next enemy!

Looks great
SaltySultan
New to the forum

Postby pichu534 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:35 pm

When will the next update be out? I've been looking forward to this for a very long time. Sorry if you've been asked this a million times!
pichu534
New to the forum

Postby Ayra42 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:13 pm

that new enemy looks really cool
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:06 pm

pichu534 wrote:When will the next update be out? I've been looking forward to this for a very long time. Sorry if you've been asked this a million times!

With the end of the semester in sight, looking probably at before new years - the other new enemy shouldn't be too much work (in comparison to the last), and after that I've mostly just got sound and a few level hazards/the level itself to build.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby hahano » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:34 pm

What sprite making program do you use? I might be willing to lend a hand in sprite making but I don't want to make any promises.
hahano
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:29 pm

hahano wrote:What sprite making program do you use? I might be willing to lend a hand in sprite making but I don't want to make any promises.

I use Aseprite - technically any program that can output PNGs would work, but aseprite definitely makes it easiest when working with pixel art
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby hahano » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:23 pm

Ok cool, I might send you a few ideas I had in mind if you're interested. I've only worked with sprites a little bit but I can draw so hopefully that translates over well lol. I'll have some more free time as this semester ends so I can at least throw some design ideas at you if you want/I have time.
hahano
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:43 pm

hahano wrote:Ok cool, I might send you a few ideas I had in mind if you're interested. I've only worked with sprites a little bit but I can draw so hopefully that translates over well lol. I'll have some more free time as this semester ends so I can at least throw some design ideas at you if you want/I have time.

Sure, always happy to hear ideas!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby pichu534 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:21 pm

It's almost been a full year and I've been hyped for this game the entire time. I can't wait for V0.2 to come out!
pichu534
New to the forum

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:29 am

firebolt2526 wrote:WiP concept for the next enemy!

ohhhh nice. Sentry enemy that alerts other unite near by her when spotted? Though IMO the whole exposed mouth clashes with the helmet bit. I think giving her a white mouth guard like the rest of her suit so it doesn't stick out compared to the rest of the model color wise but that my opinion.
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tsuuuruya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:ohhhh nice. Sentry enemy that alerts other unite near by her when spotted? Though IMO the whole exposed mouth clashes with the helmet bit. I think giving her a white mouth guard like the rest of her suit so it doesn't stick out compared to the rest of the model color wise but that my opinion.

Perhaps it could be an enemy that will try to eat the player!
Tsuuuruya
New to the forum

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.0 (Updated 11/28)

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Update is out :)

Let me know what bugs you all find!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:54 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:Update is out :)

Let me know what bugs you all find!

There was a bug whenever the dragon thingy eats you, sometimes if you struggle too early, it won't digest you even when you reach 0 health. Also, are there any plans for more humanoid female predators to eat our voracious hero?
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:27 pm

vore2412 wrote:
There was a bug whenever the dragon thingy eats you, sometimes if you struggle too early, it won't digest you even when you reach 0 health. Also, are there any plans for more humanoid female predators to eat our voracious hero?

Thanks for letting me know! I tried to replicate the bug but couldn't get it to work - I do know that if you continue to struggle when you reach 0 health, you won't be digested for as long as you continue to struggle, but then you will as soon as you stop. Was this an infinite loop you were stuck in?

I did also make a quick patch as I believe the released version had the alien drake digested the player super fast - I'd modified the damage value for testing and forgot to change it back, but it should be fixed now! I also cleaned up a bit of other code, so your previous issue may be fixed.

There are plans for humanoid predators yes - some later game station crew will be able as well as some harbored humanoid aliens.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby EddyS » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:28 am

Hello once again. I've now played about 90% of the second area that just got added to the game with the update's public release. It was more difficult than the previous area which speaks for itself because games like these aren't supposed to get easier, they get harder (which is a good thing). I've got very few notes & suggestions for the new enemies, one question and one bug I encountered. I'll write these down in that order:

The new blade enemy thing:
I don't have all that much to say about these guys. I have no issues with them at the present moment, so they're completely fine for me. They aren't that much harder to fight than the black robot thingys, though I guess that's understandable since this is only just the 2nd level of the game. Idk how many more levels are planned and although this suggestion might be obvious I'd still suggest making enemies substantially harder with every level you complete: Makes the game more dynamic and challenging the longer you venture into it.

The new dragon alien thing:
I'm not at all into dragons swallowing the player, so I can't say much about this enemy as I intrinsically don't like it. It's a big threat and your only defense is to stun it with a few shots. When I encountered the dragon when I was playing the new update last night, the digestion was so insanely quick that I died in like 3-4 seconds. I couldn't even see the regurgitation animation, but thankfully now that's fixed. It was waaaayyyyy too overpowered.
To conclude this section: I don't think you're supposed to be able to swallow the dragon thing, but it'd be really cool if that'd be possible sometime in the future if you're up to that task. If you're planning to include that Dragon thing in multiple levels of the game, maybe you could have the player be able to swallow it in some of the later levels of the game, maybe as an upgrade you stumble upon by roaming around (similar to the stamina upgrades). But if it's supposed to be 100% unswallowable then ignore everything I suggested.

So this is my question:
You mentioned you were planning on reworking the player sprites for the next update of this game, does that mean you'll also be reworking some of the belly sprites for the next update? The fact that you mentioned that you'll be reworking the player sprites made me curious if that's a goal for the next update or not. Sorry if I feel like a broken record always asking the same question again and again. As you might have guessed, this is an update I take the utmost interest in for the future of this game.

One Bug I encountered:
With this new update I only really encountered one bug that was strangely not in the second area of the game. I encountered it in the first level of the game on the left-most area of the level. It's where there's a drop down and for some reason the lasers there didn't have a bottom block like they usually do. I thought it was strange, but then it became even more strange when I tried to jump to where the bottom block is supposed to be. After I did that, I got stuck in the jumping/falling animation and that laser sound that plays when you touch the laser played infinitely. This bug forced me to restart the game and start from scratch. Not a big bug, but a bothersome bug to say the least.

And yeah that about sums up all I had to say for this update. Only other thing I wanted to talk about was if humanoid pred enemies would be coming to this game and I see you've already answered that question and I'm happy with the answer. Oh yeah also it'd be nice to have a name for each of the enemies so one doesn't have to refer to them as "thingys".

Thanks for making this game,
EngilbertSig3.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.1 (Updated 11/28)

Postby carlj » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:32 am

Very good update, however in the second level there's a part that i feel was very poorly designed. After you drop down from one of several holes you end up in a long corridor with endless barrage of missiles coming your way, the second one with an alternating pattern is not so bad, but the first one i find impossible to dodge the missiles. I think you are supposed to jump between them but no matter how many times i tried i couldn't avoid getting hit, so my strategy in the end was just run for it, using the invincibility frame to get past some of the missiles. It's either that the hit boxes of the missiles are too big or the character hit boxes are too big, either way that first corridor is absolute bullshit.
carlj
Participator

Postby disguy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:59 am

carlj wrote:Very good update, however in the second level there's a part that i feel was very poorly designed. After you drop down from one of several holes you end up in a long corridor with endless barrage of missiles coming your way, the second one with an alternating pattern is not so bad, but the first one i find impossible to dodge the missiles. I think you are supposed to jump between them but no matter how many times i tried i couldn't avoid getting hit, so my strategy in the end was just run for it, using the invincibility frame to get past some of the missiles. It's either that the hit boxes of the missiles are too big or the character hit boxes are too big, either way that first corridor is absolute bullshit.

Oh yeah, I almost thought the same thing, but turns out you can actually crawl under the missiles all the way through, which was presumably the intended way to get through that section. Emphasis on "crawling", not crouching, since you'll still get hit by them if you sit in place, so kind of have to get into a pattern of alternating between running and crawling as you move through the corridor.
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:23 pm

:!: New update :!: Downloading it now!
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game