Unbridled Hedonism V9F

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V7

Postby flamelord786 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:56 pm

I said the wait is always worth it earlier and it continues to hold true, great work. With an update this big though, a few bugs are no surprise.
I've found three problems so far.
First is that when inside of a predator with another character, I'm unable to target them unless they're in the process of being vored. Second, doing so results in an endless loop once they're in fully where any interaction with them doesn't cause the text log to advance the turn. If anyone prompts something from me during this, it never goes away and the rest of the screen will slowly get darker the more I try to click a response.
The third one is an exception that I'm getting which is probably the cause of the loop. It looks like the issue with both of these is that the game can't find the PreyConvinceOtherPreyToBeDigested interaction.
Here's the error:
Code: Select all
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Version :7
InteractionOddsFunctions.AskToBeDigestedOdds (Person actor, Person target) (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)
GeneratedInteractions.PreyConvinceOtherPreyToBeDigested+<>c.<.ctor>b__0_1 (Person a, Person t) (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)
SidePanelTextPreparer.GetInfo () (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)
GameManager.DisplayInfo () (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)
GameManager.set_ClickedPerson (Person value) (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)
HoveringTooltip.ClickText (System.String[] words) (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)
HoveringTooltip.Clicked (System.String[] words) (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)
HoveredText.Update () (at <04be4dacc53c47ddbcee6f82c1041c14>:0)

Hope I was able to make it easier to find and fix the problem. I kinda like troubleshooting things, but I don't have the right software to open up the code and try to find a fix myself.
Attachments
Loop pic.png
The best screenshot I could manage of before and after the loop.
flamelord786
Been posting for a bit

Postby orbit2345 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 pm

There's an exception when you try to check on the status of character inside a stomach if you are in there with them.
orbit2345
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:01 pm

I'm always happy to see this game updated. It's a great tool for roleplay.

While i was playing I found a couple of bugs that I think no one talked about yet:
sometimes, after walking around for a while, if I click the button to let the ai perform an action my character teleports to a far tile instead of walking to an adjacent one;
while playing as a predator, after eating someone I found myself with the option to "AreaVoreTease" people around me. It's odd because this is a prey action but it seems to show only when your character has a full belly. I played a game as a full prey and this action never showed up. Also it seems this tease doesn't do anything, I spammed it for a while and no one reacted to it in any way.

If it counts I played by starting a new game with characters that I have created several versions ago. I loaded them from the main menu and then updated them with the new quirks and traits.
Here's a list of my Character.AI and Caveduck.io bots: Link
Orin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Unfortunate » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Hey, congrats on the release of Version 7...! I've noticed you've added a crap ton of new features this time...
I think I'll hold out for the post release patch before committing to anything, so a couple of the early bugs don't mess things up. I've checked out the menus and ran a test game for now, just to get a feel for things:

QUIRKS... TRAITS... AND TEAMS?!
I'm really surprised how many of my suggestions made the cut, but I'm glad they're in. I see the Quirks are the statistic changes, while Triats are the AI behavioural modifiers.

With regards to the Quirks & Traits offered, you've got a really good starting selection. I recognise some of my names for them too:
Spoiler: show
QUIRKS
Bigger Fish - I knew some of mine were making the cut when I saw this at the start of the list.
Charmer
Escape Artist - I lifted this one out of Vore War, I confess. It fits well though.
Forgiving
Gluttonous - Ha ha! The name for this one stayed intact...!
Great Hunger - One of the first I identified immediately.
Love Bites - One of my favourite funny trait titles, glad it survived.
Pred Worship - YES. I have the perfect candidate for this one...
Rescuer
Smart Struggle
Unforgiving
Vicious Predator - YES! This one... I needed it...!

And for the new or renamed ones:
Claustrophobic - It makes perfect sense, how didn't I think of it...? Good pick for the opposite to Escape Artist.
Easily Tired and High Vitality - Easier to understand what they do now.
Gut Slut - This was originally "Insider" in my list of suggestions. I enjoyed the original wordplay but this is straight to the point.
High and Unreal Capacity - Never thought of these ones, they're good additions for sure.
Horny Slip - I suggested "Slippery when Wet". It works pretty much the same, I'm just sad to see one of my best trait titles go.
Fast & Slow Digestion - Never thought of these two, they're a good choice to have.
Insatiable - This one's new. I've heard it may be buggy though.
(As a bit of a suggestion to fix the nonstop fapping issues some characters are having; I recall characters auto return to their room for... single player action when their horniness is beyond a certain point (Panting). Consider toning down the power of this one, as they may be in a loop when it doesn't drop below a certain level. I'm no expert though, so I don't know for certain if that'd help. I will mention, they actually head to their room before the horny portrait turns up, that means it's triggering earlier than usual.)
Low on the Chain - Surprised this one kept it's name, but at the same time I can't see how we'd get anything better... I spent a while coming up with the name for this one, it isn't actually that easy...! I see it's now the opposite of Bigger Fish without the original tradeoff, that's fair though, I get the idea.
Neatnik - Is this a behavioural effect or... It may be "Dirt Repellent", but I have trouble following the tooltip. (Is it basically hygiene decays slower? Might want to add that tidbit to the rest of the message.)
Skilled Escape - Was "Top Form". I recognise this one, it's one of the few double-edged sword quirks we've got so far. I like it.
Slob - "Filth Magnet"? I'm guessing this is the fast hygiene decay one.
Sneaky Pred - Was suggested as "Pred in Private". This is the only one I'll give genuine resistance on, keep the name "Pred in Private" or at least go for "Home Advantage" if you want something witty: Sneaky Pred should be a new skill of it's own, I'll elaborate later.
Weak Appetite - Yeah... The mere suggestion of "No Appetite" as a name was a sinful act for a Vore Game... FORGIVE THIS HUMBLE SERVENT!

TRAITS
Abductor Pred - Good. This was a damn good addition. I see some of the AI preds getting away with it more often with this behaviour.
Desire Driven Pred - Glad we got this one, didn't expect it to make the cut. Someone here will appreciate it, I'm sure: I originally added it to my post because I saw a request for it. You're welcome BTW.
Pred Hunter and Respect - Yes...! We got these two...!
Siren Pred - I'm happy to see it in the game.

New ones:
Does not Force - Good idea.
Intimidating - Good! I have some fine candidates for this one. Never even knew I wanted it...!
Loves Hugs - ... Okay, scratch that... This is the one I never knew I wanted...! Lizzie Snuggles the Demi-Fox was originally just an Endo obsessed loon, but now she is complete... Thank you for this beautiful addition, you are wise and benevolent.
Loves Private Sex - Hmm... The closest I had to this was "Somewhere Private", but as a Quirk and not a Behavioural Trait. It's also garunteed too. Alright, I'd have preferred greater odds, but why not?
No Vore Zone - An opposite to Siren Pred...? Didn't expect that...!
Tentative Romance - It's new, but it don't know much about how this one will pan out... I look forward to testing it.
Vengeful - "Berserker" with the name of the "Vengeful" quirk in the original post... Thank you for adding this, I didn't expect it to make the cut, but I'm pleased it did.

Good stuff. Very good. If anybody wants to see the original list I posted, it's on page 46.
For a few remaining choices from the original list, if you ever plan to add more:

QUIRK
Suspicious - Higher odds of escape if your pred is the same culprit of the previous attack. (Example: A is being eaten by B, the previous attempt was by C: No boost. A being eaten by C though would provide the boost.)
Vile Protection - Higher initial escape odds with low cleanliness. (They're so unclean, even the strongest pred would quickly feel nauseous, this is effective only during the swallowing, it ends when in the stomach.)

TRAIT
Scary Sexy Pred - Higher odds to accept sex from a predator. (It's mainly intended to be a cowardly prey behaviour; who is cowed into it by threat of death.)
Open - Will accept sexual advances from non-prefered sexes, but at lower odds. (For the "try anything, but has a favourite" kind of character.)
Coward - If attacked (via Vore or another), the character immediately flees the area. (Either back to dorm, or to a random space not too far away.)
Voyeur - Never attempts to rescue a vore victim, ever.

That's all, if anyone has any future trait suggestions, they should speak up: Who knows, you may get yours in too...!

Onto the matter of Teams, I've noticed it only has 0 & 1. That's... not exactly what I was hoping for: Even the option for a team 2, 3 and 4 would have made me happy.
Even so, just to see it working as a proof of concept I ran a test:

Team 1
2 preds with high stats.

Team 0
5 other characters.

There was one moment where one of the preds advanced on the other, but rather than eat them, they ended up talking instead. Don't know if that was an intended failsafe or not; but halting a predator's plot by talking to them about the weather is a powerful image.
Ultimately, both preds were massively unsuccessful and nobody was digested.
Any chance of toning down the amount of visits to the gym and library that are needed? The AI spends a lot of time in these places now, it pretty much kills the usual social time.
And continuing from that point: Would it ever be possible to give the AI characters a script in which they avoid the others while they have prey? That's the issue, they finally catch somebody, then blunder out into the main social areas and are instantly foiled. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if the AI didn't gravitate towards the densely packed gym, library and main social areas like a dumbo in these scenarios. I think the pred finding a safe spot to hunker down would make sense.
That was one of the reasons why I originally suggested abandonned tiles as a tile you could use: It's an area characters seldom go, they're not supposed to be there. That could have ties to the Sneaky Pred Trait I originally complained about: Preds get an advantage on abandonned tiles, so why not have a pred type that makes use of them more? One that lures to abandonned tiles, or after eating flees to the nearest abandonned space. That sounds more sneaky to me; Dorms are the domain of charismatic and siren preds, abandonned tiles are sneaky pred turf.

Yes, I still want abandonned tiles, or at least something adjacent to them; the preds need a tile they can claim the advantage on.

Okay, that's enough whinging, there's actually very little left I want adding now, I'm pretty satisfied. This is one of my favourite time wasters.
This is IMO, your best update: You've added a ton of new features that will put a spin on the game, and make for more unique and unpredictable experiences for everybody down the line, and they can all be expanded on too. Once the bugs have been stomped, everybody will see what I mean.
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Marshall59 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello! Good job with the update, it quite improved some things i was looking for :-D . Now i am just going to explain a bug that happened as soon as i started playing:

I went to map editor and created a new map (i don’t know if this is related, but i used the 3x3 tiles function to do some parts, especifically dorms hallways) and saved, but when i created a game using that map, some places were replaced with 3x3 tiles, just like if i clicked in them using that function before i saved. I also tried creating another game with the same map, and the problem happened again.

I hope to have explained it well ^^; . Anyways, thank you for continuing updating the game, and good luck with fixing the bugs!
Marshall59
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:27 pm

Trubot527 wrote:I think I may have found another bug. My prey character has no pictures and I play with preds that do have pictures, so when I got eaten by a pred with pictures it displayed the pred's full picture on both character info columns.

That's due to something that was supposed to be an option but is always on, I've got it fixed.

MadEnough wrote:Only new thing I have to add in terms of bugs/problems is something more strange than broken. The PreyBeg and PreyAskToSpare values seem a little high for some reason. In a new game with mostly default settings (vore knowledge, acceptance), I made a powerful predator immediately jump another (both high voracity, pred willingness, low loyalty) just after meeting. When I switched to the prey, their beg percents were between 50 and 75 percent, while the struggle values were mostly normal. I reversed preds and went the same way. Both also had similar traits (unreal capacity, great hunger, love bites) and mediocre charisma, with preferences towards oral vore. Not sure if this is a math error, or if the values just start higher and lower with relationship/trust.

Yeah, will do some more tweaking on those.

I've stuck the rest of those ideas in my notes for future patches. Although the explanation of traits is intended to be everywhere traits are, so that one will be fixed in tomorrow's patch.

MadEnough wrote:As is, this game is already very great, and I'd like to thank you for all your work on it. It's well beyond my means to make something like this, but I'm so glad it exists. I know it's probably a pain to have people like me constantly asking for more, so I just want you to know that even if it never comes, I'm grateful for what you've already done.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it. Asking for more doesn't bother me because it tells me that people are interested. :D

SquishySofty wrote:Just realized that the Options menu isn't in the Main menu, instead of requiring to do it In game session.

Yeah, I'll go ahead and add that to the main menu, there's enough in there now that it would be useful.

flamelord786 wrote:I said the wait is always worth it earlier and it continues to hold true, great work. With an update this big though, a few bugs are no surprise.
I've found three problems so far.
First is that when inside of a predator with another character, I'm unable to target them unless they're in the process of being vored. Second, doing so results in an endless loop once they're in fully where any interaction with them doesn't cause the text log to advance the turn. If anyone prompts something from me during this, it never goes away and the rest of the screen will slowly get darker the more I try to click a response.
The third one is an exception that I'm getting which is probably the cause of the loop. It looks like the issue with both of these is that the game can't find the PreyConvinceOtherPreyToBeDigested interaction.

Thank you for the detailed report, I'll get those fixed.

Orin wrote:While i was playing I found a couple of bugs that I think no one talked about yet:
sometimes, after walking around for a while, if I click the button to let the ai perform an action my character teleports to a far tile instead of walking to an adjacent one;
while playing as a predator, after eating someone I found myself with the option to "AreaVoreTease" people around me. It's odd because this is a prey action but it seems to show only when your character has a full belly. I played a game as a full prey and this action never showed up. Also it seems this tease doesn't do anything, I spammed it for a while and no one reacted to it in any way.

I think the teleporting bug might be due to an optimization I put in, but I know where to check for that.
I didn't test that that area thing as well as I should have so I'll get that corrected.

Unfortunate wrote:With regards to the Quirks & Traits offered, you've got a really good starting selection. I recognise some of my names for them too:

Yeah, Insatiable was an oversight, it makes them drop to .5 horniness after orgasm, instead of .2. The only problem is, their cue to stop isn't based on orgasm, they stop when their horniness is less than .45. So the problem there is obvious.
SlipperyWhenWet felt a little too long, though I guess I ended up with some that were about the same length, so maybe that was a mistake. I might change it back.
Ah, I guess Neatnik/Slob actually function as Traits instead of quirks and I didn't properly move them when I split them into traits and quirks. I might retool those a bit so that they make sense in the quirk area.
You've got a point on Sneaky Pred, too.
Yeah, It was originally thought of as touchy-feely, but hugs were the only thing that fits that category at the moment so it became that.
People had wanted a way for preds to be more assertive and not ask to follow as much, so that's where No Vore Zone came in.

Unfortunate wrote:For a few remaining choices from the original list, if you ever plan to add more:

I will certainly be adding more over time and will stick those in with the possibilities.

Unfortunate wrote:Onto the matter of Teams, I've noticed it only has 0 & 1.

I meant to correct that for teams, but that's unintended that there was only effectively one team. I had thought that was going to be a text field, but forgot that it would default to that. I'll either up it to 20, or actually convert it to a text field for tomorrow's patch.

Unfortunate wrote:Any chance of toning down the amount of visits to the gym and library that are needed? The AI spends a lot of time in these places now, it pretty much kills the usual social time.

I actually cranked it way down from what I originally had it on, people will earn 'points' in the gym and library that slowly wear off over time, but I might need to do some more adjustments there. Also worth noting that you can also erase the buildings if they're too disruptive.

Unfortunate wrote:And continuing from that point: Would it ever be possible to give the AI characters a script in which they avoid the others while they have prey? That's the issue, they finally catch somebody, then blunder out into the main social areas and are instantly foiled.

Well, the abductor pred was partially to help with that, but yeah, those types of tiles could work well in the future.

Unfortunate wrote:Okay, that's enough whinging, there's actually very little left I want adding now, I'm pretty satisfied. This is one of my favourite time wasters.
This is IMO, your best update: You've added a ton of new features that will put a spin on the game, and make for more unique and unpredictable experiences for everybody down the line, and they can all be expanded on too. Once the bugs have been stomped, everybody will see what I mean.

Thank you very much!

Marshall59 wrote:Hello! Good job with the update, it quite improved some things i was looking for :-D . Now i am just going to explain a bug that happened as soon as i started playing:

I went to map editor and created a new map (i don’t know if this is related, but i used the 3x3 tiles function to do some parts, especifically dorms hallways) and saved, but when i created a game using that map, some places were replaced with 3x3 tiles, just like if i clicked in them using that function before i saved. I also tried creating another game with the same map, and the problem happened again.

I hope to have explained it well ^^; . Anyways, thank you for continuing updating the game, and good luck with fixing the bugs!

Yeah, It sounds like the ui doesn't stop clicks from being registered while you're saving, so I'll get that fixed.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Carne » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:32 pm

A good idea for traits could be a Nurse's station override, letting certain characters respawn, even if nurse's station is turned off, or vice versa
Carne
New to the forum

Postby YukiArikaMuze » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:26 am

not sure if its been reported yet but the load charater menu when in the adding menu for creating a game dose not work it gives a "an exception just occured, unusual behavior may result. only the frist one in session gives a warning" along with every custom map i make and load up on the same start prep menu also loads in with preset beds that cut into stuff i built and there just splayed out insted of using the ones i made in the map creator.

lovely game and the update otherwise is very amasing loves all the new addtions to the ai and world~
YukiArikaMuze
Somewhat familiar

Postby RhinoSalt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:35 am

Would it be possible to add an option to disable carried-over weight gain/number of digestions between games? It's not really my thing.
RhinoSalt
Been posting for a bit

Postby ehur » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:41 am

Pretty large update, I'm having fun with the new features.

I haven't seen these reported as I glanced over the recent posts, so on the off-chance that the discord didn't throw these out there yet;

There's a scrip error if you try to open the interact menu with someone else sharing the same belly (and probably other internal locations too). Clicking on their name once threw the error, and then afterwards it just silently failed.

There's a potential endless loop for AIs with the Insatiable perk, where the AI just sat masturbating in their room constantly. I don't know if it eventually breaks, as each time I noticed it I had used other tools to interfere. It was a pred at max hunger, for the record, though they had the trait where they only eat during sex so maybe the inability to hunt normally also played a role.

On a similar note, back on V6, I played around with making AIs unable to masturbate at all, to make the AI more prone to seeking out release with others rather than running off to their room to take care of it. I also capped passive arousal at 80% or so, to prevent spontaneous orgasms that occur if you set someone's sex drive above 50%. This was all rather basic script edits, no options added. But if you're taking requests, I'd love to see this as a world rule.
ehur
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:17 pm

This has been such a fun update to mess around with! Really enjoying it, was also happy to see the new commands such as the non-romantic hug, making out available even outside of sex, etc. The one thing with them that I've noticed is that with "Taste," it will always use female pronouns for the action, even if the person doing it is male. Thanks for all your hard work! The quirks and traits are a lot of fun too, really spices the game up.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Loving the update, great job Aurilika!

Not sure it has been suggested yet, but what do you think of an option for selective perma-digestion? That is to say, have reform at the Nurse's Office enabled, but have an option for a pred to permanently digest a prey.

I always found the uncertainty of potential whether a pred would digest their meal finally, or let them reform to be a spicy addition to a scene, and it's absence rather takes the thrill out of having reformation at all; leading to me just never using that option at all, which seems a terrible shame.

If it is possible to implement, it might be worthwhile to give dialog options for a pred to lie about which digestion they are submitting their prey to, either to let them feel safe when it is most certainly not safe, or to convince them that it is a final digestion, only for them to reform afterward. The possibilities are titilating.

Regardless of the suggestion's possibility or reception, you have my heartfelt complements on a job well done. The engine you've put together is astounding, the work you've put in shows in it's growing polish. Well done.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pawz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Erecant wrote:Loving the update, great job Aurilika!

Not sure it has been suggested yet, but what do you think of an option for selective perma-digestion? That is to say, have reform at the Nurse's Office enabled, but have an option for a pred to permanently digest a prey.

I always found the uncertainty of potential whether a pred would digest their meal finally, or let them reform to be a spicy addition to a scene, and it's absence rather takes the thrill out of having reformation at all; leading to me just never using that option at all, which seems a terrible shame.

If it is possible to implement, it might be worthwhile to give dialog options for a pred to lie about which digestion they are submitting their prey to, either to let them feel safe when it is most certainly not safe, or to convince them that it is a final digestion, only for them to reform afterward. The possibilities are titilating.

Regardless of the suggestion's possibility or reception, you have my heartfelt complements on a job well done. The engine you've put together is astounding, the work you've put in shows in it's growing polish. Well done.

--Erecant

This 100%. Love all of this. My work around for now has been to set either the public disposal really high or really low (depending on how I'm feeling) and when the low chance option happens that's the 'perma vore' outcome.
Last edited by Pawz on Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pawz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Carne wrote:A good idea for traits could be a Nurse's station override, letting certain characters respawn, even if nurse's station is turned off, or vice versa

Yeah, that might work fairly well. They could be set up to disable themselves in situations where they have no effect.

YukiArikaMuze wrote:not sure if its been reported yet but the load charater menu when in the adding menu for creating a game dose not work it gives a "an exception just occured, unusual behavior may result. only the frist one in session gives a warning" along with every custom map i make and load up on the same start prep menu also loads in with preset beds that cut into stuff i built and there just splayed out insted of using the ones i made in the map creator.

lovely game and the update otherwise is very amasing loves all the new addtions to the ai and world~

Yeah, got that fixed. It was actually if it failed to read the list, it would break due to a typo, so if the list was already there, it worked fine, which is why I didn't catch it initially.

Thank you!

RhinoSalt wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to disable carried-over weight gain/number of digestions between games? It's not really my thing.

That's actually basically a bug, and is fixed for this version.

ehur wrote:There's a scrip error if you try to open the interact menu with someone else sharing the same belly (and probably other internal locations too). Clicking on their name once threw the error, and then afterwards it just silently failed.

There's a potential endless loop for AIs with the Insatiable perk, where the AI just sat masturbating in their room constantly. I don't know if it eventually breaks, as each time I noticed it I had used other tools to interfere. It was a pred at max hunger, for the record, though they had the trait where they only eat during sex so maybe the inability to hunt normally also played a role.

On a similar note, back on V6, I played around with making AIs unable to masturbate at all, to make the AI more prone to seeking out release with others rather than running off to their room to take care of it. I also capped passive arousal at 80% or so, to prevent spontaneous orgasms that occur if you set someone's sex drive above 50%. This was all rather basic script edits, no options added. But if you're taking requests, I'd love to see this as a world rule.

Fixed the first two. And opted to just set that third to be the default. It makes more sense that way, I'd just kind of forgotten about it to an extent. If people still want it, I'll add it back as an option.

Tetrahedra wrote:This has been such a fun update to mess around with! Really enjoying it, was also happy to see the new commands such as the non-romantic hug, making out available even outside of sex, etc. The one thing with them that I've noticed is that with "Taste," it will always use female pronouns for the action, even if the person doing it is male. Thanks for all your hard work! The quirks and traits are a lot of fun too, really spices the game up.

Ah. Will get that fixed for the next patch, already uploaded before I noticed your taste comment.

--Erecant

Yes, there have been a few suggestions for that kind of thing, though seeing your input on why it's important to you is good. Plus I hadn't considered the play about fooling them about that. I'll definitely make some notes on that.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it!

Okay, 7A is uploaded. Quite a few fixes this time, which makes me strongly consider some sort of beta release for the next time. Anyway, I think all of the issues reported have been fixed. The possible exception is the reported lack of vore actions. I did some tweaking there, but people had reported situations where units were incapable of performing vore for unexplainable reasons. If anyone encounters that, please send me a saved game so I can check into it further.

7A:
Added a 'add random trait' and 'add random quirk' button to the trait editing screen, to allow for more flexibility.
Fixed the vore difficulty options being backwards, now they work as intended, and the tooltip also clarifies how they're supposed to work. Note that you'll need to modify them again to get them where you'd like if you'd already changed them.
Horniness from sex drive alone will only increase to .85 now. This makes it require some sort of action to actually reach orgasm, instead of it being possible when they were just walking around. Also prevented witnessing vore from causing an orgasm in itself, though it can raise it above .85. Being swallowed can still cause orgasms, though. This made sense to change, but can be made an option if someone really wants.
The PreyWillingAskToBeLetOut will now not succeed if you're being digested. It was really designed for endo and it's odds and function reflected that, so you'll need to use PreyBeg or PreyConvinceToSpare in that case.
Split the prevent pop up tooltips option so that it only blocks popups on the main screen, and allows them everywhere else. This is due to reports of not having tooltips in the add traits screen that was related to this. The actual option only mentioned interactions, so that may be part of the misunderstanding. If there are people that want the remove all pop-up tooltips back, I'll add that as a second option.
Generated characters with an assigned label will keep that label, and no one else will get that label. Note that this leaves multiple characters with the same label alone.
Fixed a bug where characters added from the saved character list mid-game would not get assigned a label, now they do.
Fixed the Beg/AskToBeSpared having odds set way too high, also that the odds on Beg weren't going down on subsequent asks.
Fixed AreaVoreTease having a conditional to use that made no sense. Also fixed a bug with its use, and gave a response to people that it succeeded on.
Changed a few of the trait names, this will be very rare for these to change, but I opted for the suggestions of the person who came up with a lot of the traits.
HornySlip -> SlipperyWhenWet
SneakyPred -> PredInPrivate
Neatnik -> DirtRepellent - This is because it was a personality trait mixed in with the quirks, and at this point trying to move it might make a mess, so it was retooled to change the rate of getting dirty, instead of how frequently they felt the need to shower.
Slob -> FilthMagnet - Same as above.
Fixed an error where trying to list the PreyConvinceOtherPreyToBeDigested interaction would cause errors and mess up the game in unpredicable ways.
Fixed a text bug where males were always described as shirtless.
Fixed the bugs where generated characters would be modified if they were changed in game. It should automatically clean up saved characters, but doesn't mess with existing games because that would cause damage to them.
Added a button to show the storage directory to the main menu. If you're using windows, you can copy that text and paste it in an explorer window to get to that directory. That has the saves/maps/ stored characters, etc.
Options menu is now accessible from the main menu.
Fixed the Team/Predator tier options that were accidentally locked to 0 or 1, now they can go up to 20.
AI desire for library/gym has been lowered a bit more.
Fixed the -dead portraits not working, because it was mistakenly assigning the hungry portrait to dead as well as to hungry. Also fixed an issue that I'd introduced where the hungry state was showing the horny picture. As well as an issue where the names collideed and a -fullhorny might also be treated as a -full due to the names overlapping to an extent.
Fixed a bug where the ask if can digest/melt interactions weren't triggering properly for the ai.
Fixed a bug where randomly generated traits didn't properly respect contradicting traits.
Fixed a logic error that would cause digestion immunity to restrict vore attempts in places it shouldn't have.
Fixed a stack overflow when it tried to load the list of saved characters if it failed to load.
Fixed some misc dialogue errors (such as the hug thinking nudity was preset when it wasn't)
Fixed the alt belly image toggle in the options menu not actually being connected to anything, it would use it by default, instead of respecting the toggle.
Fixed a linux issue with the tile graphics, due to linux's case sensitive file structure.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V7A

Postby LostSoul13 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Playing with the new version 7A I encountered the following exception:

Exception: KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Version :7A
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
PortraitController.GetPicture (Person person) (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
GameManager.UpdatePortraits () (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
GameManager.DisplayInfo () (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
GameManager.set_ClickedPerson (Person value) (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
State.Load (System.String filename) (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
State:Load(String)
SaveLoadScreen:Load()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Since the exception seems related to portraits, I'm playing with all custom characters who all have portraits for full, horny, eaten, and a default portrait. I actually got the exception twice, once when I was clicking the button to continue talking, and again after I saved the game and attempted to reload it after the first exception.

Edit:
Here is the exception I got before the save and reload

Exception: KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
PortraitController.GetPicture (Person person) (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
World.NextTurn (System.Boolean repeat, System.Boolean singleSkip) (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
MoveController.SkipTurn () (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <97fdf0a75ab94da9a7e5188c186e574d>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <97fdf0a75ab94da9a7e5188c186e574d>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <2df399d0835140749ba7b1559960b27a>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <2df399d0835140749ba7b1559960b27a>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <2df399d0835140749ba7b1559960b27a>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <2df399d0835140749ba7b1559960b27a>:0)
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:58 pm

LostSoul13 wrote:Playing with the new version 7A I encountered the following exception:

GameManager.set_ClickedPerson (Person value) (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
State.Load (System.String filename) (at <51e075e1b5524fd0bc4e4d13feff88f5>:0)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
State:Load(String)
SaveLoadScreen:Load()

Since the exception seems related to portraits, I'm playing with all custom characters who all have portraits for full, horny, eaten, and a default portrait. I actually got the exception twice, once when I was clicking the button to continue talking, and again after I saved the game and attempted to reload it after the first exception.

Okay, will quickly fix and reupload.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:15 am

--Erecant

the idea of a soulpred/permapred trait is super appealing, prey are locked from reforming while that predator is still on the field. Especially if there's some sentient pudge stuff going on <3

Then again I'm also a sucker for nonlethal soulvore stuff like "pred eats prey succubus style, now all actions against that prey automatically succeed and the prey is unable to take any action to resist them, can't stop following if beckoned, and so on, until such time as the pred finally lets them go"
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Aurilika » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:30 am

Okay, after a slightly rocky 7A, here's 7B. Fixing an exception that could basically halt the game due to a typo in one part of the fixed portrait code.

7B:
Fixed a portrait related exception that could completely halt the game.
Fixed a bug where special characters wouldn't be imported correctly.
Fixed a bug where a script that was designed to clean up corrupted saved units would run when loading savegames.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MadEnough » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:10 am

Thanks for working so hard Aurilika.

Just tried 7B. PreyBeg and ConvincetoSpare are still pretty high values it seems, but they are more manageable
Also, the response to AreaVoreTease uses the name of the character who did it rather than the character(s) that want to eat them
I made a pred betray 3 prey that didn't want digestion, and all 3 spent all of their actions begging and convincing to spare and none of them tried to struggle, despite having good strength scores and helpful traits
MadEnough
Been posting for a bit

Postby ripleysonic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:25 am

Trying the add saved characters while in the game and still doesn't work. You can save an exit and reload the map and the rooms update but they're not on the map but they are in the modified character section in the options as if they are on the map.

(Edited)
I figured out what the problem was whenever a new character spawns their icon what they would be on the map there character label is blank so making them invisible.
ripleysonic
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game