Coder wanted

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Coder wanted

Postby RyanC » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:02 pm

If anyone is interest in getting involved with the production of "Cretaceous Seas - Ayla's Story," I'd like to hear from you. Coding and C# skills are a must.

https://www.deviantart.com/serapisdeath
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cr ... ylas-story
RyanC
Been posting for a bit

Re: Coder wanted

Postby vsharp » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Hey, hit me up on Twitter: @Voresharp
vsharp
New to the forum

Postby RainMakesCorn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 am

When you say C# is a must, is this your only criteria? Any auxillary languages you would want proficiency in?

What areas do you need help in more specifically and, is this a paid position?
RainMakesCorn
New to the forum

Postby RyanC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:53 am

The game is being built in Unity, where C# is the natural programming language. My understanding is that it can support C++ with a little extra work, but that it's not ideal. Coding languages aren't my thing so maybe it's not so bad - going off what I've been told by other Unity users.

A lot of the art is ready to implement but the coding setup is still incomplete. I'm taking the same approach that was used in creating Skullgirls, with the unfinished animations being used to build the game and then polishing the final art once things are playable.

Where I need help is with integrating the animations into actual gameplay. There was a coder working on the game but he was unable to stay with the project before getting very far. For code, we have the basic character controller (state machine based) and the starting point for enemy interaction.

The art is fairly far along, at least for the functioning draft, but seeing as how my background and experience are all on the art side of things there's probably more regarding coding that still needs doing than I'm aware.

I'm looking for coders that can ideally approach it from a hobbyist perspective. I've already gotten a few private messages from people interested and getting involved, so it's looking good so far. :) And I'm asking here, instead of just going out to hire some cheap freelance coder on fiverr or something because it's a game specifically geared towards creating something cool for the community.

Lastly, for the right person, this *could* be a paid position. That said, the budget for the project isn't great. Pay would need to be for individual tasks in code, not a salary. I tried that already and it didn't work out at all. This is a project that currently on has two levels in development. Once those are released I expect to see a significant rise in interest. I'm already planning to launch another round of funding (mostly likely on Kickstarter again, but possibly through the Secret Stash Patreon if we can reach sustainable levels to fund the game that way) and will then be able to increase the budget to include a coder and background artist.
RyanC
Been posting for a bit

Postby Enteresting » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 am

Unity can also be coded in Java. In turn, Javascript (specifically JSON) is used for RPG Maker MV and MZ.
Enteresting
Participator

Return to Vore game