Vorigin Story demo available

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vorigin Story- A Gameboy Color RPG

Postby Wollffett » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:32 am

Games looking great cant wait to play it ar you planning on a demo or just the full release?
Wollffett
Participator

Postby VirtuosoViking » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 am

I'm planning on playing regardless, but will the vore scenes be game over image specific, or are there any enemies that interact with your character in game?
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:12 am

Download it here: https://mega.nz/file/x3YHhapK#xu8EadHgf ... IYhM_gHbq4

It's playable through the first dungeon and there's 5 kink scenes I believe (4 vore, 1 inflation). The game will have a different vore scene for every enemy as well as some in the story, which is also something in the demo

Some things I'm already aware of:
-In some scenes the sword graphic changes. This is due to a bug with GB Studio, not how I set it up. I'm working on fixing it with a workaround
-There's no sound, hoping I can change that later on (finding resources I mean)
-There's a brick place in the desert that doesn't go anywhere yet, I didn't mess up anything there
-Enemies respawning when closing the menu. Might have a workaround for this but will have to see if it works
-A ladder can go through the floor in one of the side scrolling areas

To play all you need is a Gameboy emulator, play it on any device that can play Gameboy Color games
Last edited by CarnivorousVixen on Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:15 am

VirtuosoViking wrote:I'm planning on playing regardless, but will the vore scenes be game over image specific, or are there any enemies that interact with your character in game?

There's enemy game overs and vore scenes in the story, with a different scene for every enemy
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:08 am

leonthegreat wrote:Im so excited to play this game. I enjoy exploring your little worlds and learning more of the story. Keep up the good work, we do appreciate it

Thanks~
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vorigin Story demo available

Postby VirtuosoViking » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:23 am

Okay, after playing through the demo, I gotta say it was really fun. Haven't played a game style like this since Link's Awakening (the old one). The scenes were good, and the game felt okay to play too. Though it feels like your character's hit box is pretty big and your sword's hit box is fairly small. I was getting collision damage more times than I successfully hit an enemy. The movement speed was kinda zippy as well. But I got used to all of that in a short time. Perhaps if the sword's hit box was a little longer, it would balance out the other two gripes I have.
Something else I noticed was that when you pause the game and then resume, everything on the screen you're on resets. I think that's fine with normal enemies that get ko'd in one hit, but I think that if you do that when fighting a boss, it might reset their health. Like for instance when you want to use a potion to refill your health. Though the boss wasn't really hard and didn't have a lot of health, it might be an issue for some other enemies down the line.
So question now, will there be any plans for your stats on screen that's on the pause menu to be shown while moving around? Mostly cause if you check your health on the pause screen, then the enemies respawn when you resume, which could lead to an unexpected game over. Anyway, I think that's all I got for now. I'm really liking what's here right now, and I'm excited to see what other enemies you'll throw in.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:32 am

VirtuosoViking wrote:Okay, after playing through the demo, I gotta say it was really fun. Haven't played a game style like this since Link's Awakening (the old one). The scenes were good, and the game felt okay to play too. Though it feels like your character's hit box is pretty big and your sword's hit box is fairly small. I was getting collision damage more times than I successfully hit an enemy. The movement speed was kinda zippy as well. But I got used to all of that in a short time. Perhaps if the sword's hit box was a little longer, it would balance out the other two gripes I have.
Something else I noticed was that when you pause the game and then resume, everything on the screen you're on resets. I think that's fine with normal enemies that get ko'd in one hit, but I think that if you do that when fighting a boss, it might reset their health. Like for instance when you want to use a potion to refill your health. Though the boss wasn't really hard and didn't have a lot of health, it might be an issue for some other enemies down the line.
So question now, will there be any plans for your stats on screen that's on the pause menu to be shown while moving around? Mostly cause if you check your health on the pause screen, then the enemies respawn when you resume, which could lead to an unexpected game over. Anyway, I think that's all I got for now. I'm really liking what's here right now, and I'm excited to see what other enemies you'll throw in.

The hit boxes sadly arent something I can change, it's just how GB Studio is and it's not one of the things that's changable. The movement was supposed to have a run and walk function, but for some reason sometimes running would make her run through collision and off the screen forcing a restart, so I had to get rid of that and just make running speed the normal. The enemies respawning after closing the menu is also on GB Studio's part, but I think I have a workaround which I'm gonna try. More ways to restore health are planned to such as when saving, and lastly showing stats on screen isn't something I can do either. GB Studio is pretty limited compared to things like RPG Maker but Gameboy is one of my favorite systems and I like being able to play my games on pretty much any platform I want (I even have a GB flash cart so I can play these on an actual Gameboy). Phew, I think that's all for that. Thanks for your feedback :3
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:29 am

And just to say so, please be aware that this demo is VERY imperfect, I just thought it'd be better to get feedback this early on so I can start making changes and stuff rather than building like a whole game and then being told ways I could have done a bunch of things better and stuff like that
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby scottypilgrim » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:31 pm

This was very fun, my favorite was the little unknown doom~. Love that sort of insides, reminds me of old cartoons and games xD. Definitely worth finding way to play it!
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AtmosRobot » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:33 pm

Quick question for everyone. What GB emulator would be best? I don'y have much experience with emulators in terms of picking out the best ones specs wise.
AtmosRobot
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:47 pm

Visualboy emulator works for GBA and GB games as far as I've experienced, haven't tried this yet, completely missed it!
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Wow cool to see this get noticed again heh but yeah what vore2412 said, Visualboy is good though I've never really used a bad Gameboy emulator
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am

I might pick the RPG Maker version back up and abandon the Gameboy version. GB Studio isnt really powerful enough for a project like this, currently anyway. Plus my Gameboy projects have never gotten much attention so I assume no one really enjoys them as much
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game