The Howling (Twine) V00014B (31Dec2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00012 (9Nov2020)

Postby ouphe » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Since eating people gives strength, I've shifted the build a little as well so now leveling will be 1-5 str and 3-7 dex. That should help make up for the error there, plus dex stews and training with Morgana. If there is still issues with the level scaling during chapter 3, I can see about adding some extra tactics for keeping things balanced. Trying to find the proper balance between game/grind/fun is such a bitch XD
ouphe
Participator

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:42 pm

On the topic of balance, I'm worried about what's going to happen at the boss fights when players are able to get to them without meeting the Notoriety requirements; it's already a grind to get there as it is. The quest rewards as they are simply aren't sufficient and I suspect most of the more peaceful players are going to wind up dying the moment they get to Heather; It's already a grind to get TO her, let alone PAST.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:00 am

Oooh! Updates! Game is active again! :-D :gulp:

Aaaand I have a bug to report in the new hill giant content, when I return to the monster hunter guild.
Dumplefisher stares at you.
You stare back.
the number 0 cannot be attached to this hook.►"I have slain the hill giant chieftain."
Dumplefisher stares at you for a few minutes.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:50 am

Revx_Z wrote:Oooh! Updates! Game is active again! :-D :gulp:

Aaaand I have a bug to report in the new hill giant content, when I return to the monster hunter guild.
Dumplefisher stares at you.
You stare back.
the number 0 cannot be attached to this hook.►"I have slain the hill giant chieftain."
Dumplefisher stares at you for a few minutes.

Furthermore, the quest is redo-able if you go out to the hills and beat it again. Something isn't getting flagged properly when you turn it in, it seems.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrusaderSweetie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:22 pm

In the process of shamelessly copying your method of saving and loading games, I noticed an issue with it. It means literally nothing if you don't need to have any footers for your game, but if you eventually find out that you want to have one, Harlowe thinks that you have an open (set: statement, and it completely messes up any code you put after it.

So since a LOT of my systems rely on having both headers and footers, I redid the syntax completely.

It ended up being more easily readable, so if you are interested, here are some examples:

For variables that need to be strings: `(`set: `$saveline` to "$name")
For variables with normal numbers: `(`set: `$saveline2` to $plhp)
For boolean variables (this one was harder to work with): `(`set: `$saveline15` to (if: $nopromise is true)[true](else:)[false])

(for some reason, displaying a boolean the normal way just doesn't work)

Loading happens the same way you already do.
CrusaderSweetie
Been posting for a bit

Postby ouphe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:32 am

I will take some of those adjustments into consideration for the next game, a bit too invested to redo the system in the current one. If there are still people having issues with Heather or the chapter 3 bosses, then I might scale everything down a bit or add in some "work out them dex muscles" repeatables. Actually, that might work well... *note to self...*

Hi again Revx_Z! I have been telling myself I needed to work on this again for the past few months, and finally had the chance to start doing so again.

Fixed those few bugs that were recently mentioned. Trying to finish a few more scenes and steps so I can have V13 released before Thanksgiving. Got a new area, new girl to kidnap, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also getting some artwork done for a title screen. Yay!
ouphe
Participator

Postby wetcardboardbox » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:09 am

No pressure or anything, but are there any planned males for the harem or OOC scenes?
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:59 pm

I don't have anything planned yet, but like the idea of player prey or more detailed pregnancy content I can see about adding stuff later. Adding a male to the harem would not be too vicious since it uses a similar framework to the females, it would just be a question of who/where. Was there a male you had an eye on?
ouphe
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm

ouphe wrote:I don't have anything planned yet, but like the idea of player prey or more detailed pregnancy content I can see about adding stuff later. Adding a male to the harem would not be too vicious since it uses a similar framework to the females, it would just be a question of who/where. Was there a male you had an eye on?

The bear. :wink:

That's not a serious suggestion, but what I do want to seriously suggest is that some of the enemies with "This foe is too large for you to rape/eat" limits, should be gated by Strength as "This foe is currently too large for you to eat/rape". Because with over 400 strength and 200 meals in my current savefile, I would love to revisit the starter forest with bulging muscles and bulging belly and see how the tables have turned. If my character has enough Strength to grab and pin a bear, I feel he should be able to rape it.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hivelord » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:54 am

How do you bring back the farmers wife to your lair? Also cant seem to meet this elven princess.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Hivelord wrote:Also cant seem to meet this elven princess.

If you've killed any elves at all before finding the city, you won't be able to enter while it's protected.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:42 am

Currently only the farmer's daughter and the tavern waitress can be brought back to the lair outside of your stomach.
Elven Princess you either need to befriend the elves and/or kill all guards in your path.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Hivelord » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 am

ouphe wrote:Currently only the farmer's daughter and the tavern waitress can be brought back to the lair outside of your stomach.
Elven Princess you either need to befriend the elves and/or kill all guards in your path.

Weird i befreinded the elves but the only option i get is to atack the royal guards.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:20 am

What is it you are trying to do with her?
ouphe
Participator

Postby ouphe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:24 pm

What's that Lassie? It can't be... is that a new version? HOLY BARKING MEALTIME, IT IS!

~~~V 00013
Jeremy now sells potions. Good news for those who have decided to make a meat pie out of Astrid. He does charge more for them, so there's that.
The ruins have been added. Explore them! Contains armored gnolls, skeletons, hyenas, slaves, and a puzzle! At the bottom is the next boss monster, who has some new moves. The next gal for the Harem is down there as well, unless you'd like to do something else with her. ~_^
Added one optional Cooking scene (M/F after the ruins boss, both soft+hard variants)
Added a scat setting. Off/Bones/Full for what you see after vore-based combat victory. Defaults to off, can be changed at the lair.
Stomach status now notes major characters you've added to your bulk, in case you forgot their fate.

Lots of minor adjustments and bug fixes. Apparently you could eat Emma from the lair and she'd just pop up again. Not sure how long that error was around, but now Emma will stay eaten.

There are lots of new parts in the savecode, so if you have been keeping one going and it errors, i can try to fix it for you. It is always safer to start a new game, but I know losing progress is aggravating if you've been playing for awhile.

Content in-progress:
Quests not able to be completed yet: 8. Red's minions, 10. Beth/Damocles, 13. Replacement Waitress, 14. Missing Pages.
Inaccessible areas: Arena, MHG Floors

As always, message me if you find anything broken that I haven't listed here. Thank you!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/is1jg3zc1 ... .html/file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s34VuF ... sp=sharing

https://www.patreon.com/the_howling
ouphe
Participator

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00013 (2Dec2020)

Postby Abejohn286 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:51 pm

I can't finish the book puzzle in the ruins, I don't know if I'm missing something but I can keep collecting the book from the study and take it to break the floor in the kitchen storage, I have have poked around and Have placed the other two books.
Abejohn286
New to the forum

Postby CastleCrashing » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:51 pm

Something seems a bit off with my saves. My V12 save doesn't let me progress past the village to the castle area, but when loaded into V11, it seems to work just fine. My V11, which has made it to the castle and done the alchemist's quest, doesn't let me progress past the village on V12 or V13. Figured I'd get some help before I started a new game and ran into the same problem.
CastleCrashing
New to the forum

Postby ouphe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 pm

@Abe: should be 4 books total, there was an error in the code that I thought I fixed. 13A should let you progress

@Castle: Send me your savecode, I'll see if I can find the oops and fix it. Assuming it is hitting one of my not-yet-implemented stoppers that was removed between versions.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:45 am

ouphe wrote:Lots of minor adjustments and bug fixes. Apparently you could eat Emma from the lair and she'd just pop up again. Not sure how long that error was around, but now Emma will stay eaten.

Awww, I liked that scene being repeatable. :P

Loading in my older-version savefile gives an error:
I need usable data to be on the left of "to".►I need usable data to be on the left of "to".►
Then it seems to work anyway.

"Assfuck" options don't print any text in the combat screen for me.
Eating the skeleton in the ruins gives me a reputation for eating people. That seems wrong.
The Hyena in the ruins cannot be raped, nor does it have "Too big to rape" text. Hyena also seems to be absurdly difficult to bite or swallow, even with over 100 Dex. What's the target number?

Rescuing the new girl and bringing her back to the lair leads to a screen with no clickable links:
Spoiler: show
"I'm bringing you back to my lair for the time being."
"How far away is that? I did hurt my leg when the gnolls first kidnapped me."
You don't recall her favoring the leg at all, and she looks fine right now as well.
"You could carry me, right? Since my leg is hurt?"
With a shrug, you lift her up and toss her over your shoulder. You work your way back out of the ruins and head home, ignoring the idle off-key humming from your newest acquisition.
Arriving back at the lair you drop Sierra to the ground. She gets to her feet and looks around. "Well I will have to tidy this place up a bit if I'm going to be staying here until you can get me back to my own home." She begins to walk around, looking at the surroundings.
She stops and looks up at the statue. "She's pretty. From the temple? Did you drag this out here yourself?" She looks down at the drag marks and giggles. 0 looks at Emma Farmgirl and nods. "Servant girl, good."

She tilts her head and lets out a laugh. "You realize I'm properly trained in etiquette and have read plenty of books, right? I know all about being kidnapped and how this all works. You're much more interesting than the gnolls were, so it's not like I was planning to run off anyway. Not even if you were to do horrible brutish things to me, as I know werewolves tend to do. How you will lick me, or bite me, or pin me down and tear off my..." She blushes and looks away from you, going silent.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CrusaderSweetie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Revx_Z wrote:Loading in my older-version savefile gives an error:
I need usable data to be on the left of "to".►I need usable data to be on the left of "to".►
Then it seems to work anyway.

If you are curious about the "why", that's because the save variables are still applied correctly, but the new ones, for the new version, are not. So functionally, you successfully loaded the save, even though there is no proper error handling for previous save versions (because that would take a ridiculous amount of work for no reason). All the new variables introduced in the new update would be at their default values for a new game start. Which for new features, would be exactly where they need to be anyway.

This could potentially not be the case in future versions, though. It would be rare, but if he decided to repurpose a variable for something else, or just changed the relevant system to be more complex, it could cause problems depending on the severity of the differences.

But yeah. For the most part, unless something huge changes, all the problems you're going to have importing an old save is some meaningless errors that don't mean a whole lot.
CrusaderSweetie
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game