Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.2.1 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby zenox81 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Just want to say that I'm really enjoying the game so far, and am to looking forward to seeing where it goes
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:47 pm

As am I.
Turbotowns
???

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:54 pm

Got another oopsy here involving a Bullboy I bought from the chick at the bar and a female harpy I had, I also bought a male harpy but I'm not exactly sure if he's a extra part of whatever caused this.

Pic: https://imgur.com/xWvvDsP

Also bump to get back on first page.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Dragonlord » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:31 pm

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Got another oopsy here involving a Bullboy I bought from the chick at the bar and a female harpy I had, I also bought a male harpy but I'm not exactly sure if he's a extra part of whatever caused this.

Hey man, don't kink shame the bull boy, hell you might even get lucky and get a cross breed.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Dragonlord wrote:
InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Got another oopsy here involving a Bullboy I bought from the chick at the bar and a female harpy I had, I also bought a male harpy but I'm not exactly sure if he's a extra part of whatever caused this.

Hey man, don't kink shame the bull boy, hell you might even get lucky and get a cross breed.

Somehow I doubt that. lol
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Hahaha, cute!

Cross breeding could be interesting, but the logistics for that would be...
Turbotowns
???

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby Sulac » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Update's up. This fixes monsters purchased from Creamoi being put in the wrong places. Can't do anything about that Bullboy already in the tree, though. It's up to you to get him down from there.

Anyway, this also adds two minor features. The first is misc. stats. These are tracked for all monsters, and can now be viewed when Checking them.

The second feature allows you to accumulate "knowledge" as you play. There's now a book on the dining table (it'll probably be moved somewhere else eventually). Examining it will tell you general info about each species, but you have to unlock that info by playing.

Spoiler: show
Here's the page on Harpies at the start. I don't know anything at all about them.

After purchasing one though, the Harpies' average stats have been revealed to me. I also collected feathers from her, and the game now tells me how often they produce them, and how much they sell for. I also now know that adults have a second item they can produce.

I got my harpy pregnant, and waited out till she gave birth (or, her egg hatched). I now know how long pregnancy lasts for harpies. Along the way, I collected an egg, and the game tells me about that, including the fact that only female harpies will lay them.

Six days after the child harpy was born, he grew into a teenager. I now know how long childhood lasts for harpies. I also collected immature feathers, and now know about that.

And finally, the teenager becomes an adult, and I collected feathers from him at this stage too. I now know everything about harpies.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Sulac wrote:Update's up. This fixes monsters purchased from Creamoi being put in the wrong places. Can't do anything about that Bullboy already in the tree, though. It's up to you to get him down from there.

Anyway, this also adds two minor features. The first is misc. stats. These are tracked for all monsters, and can now be viewed when Checking them.
[ https://i.imgur.com/MzQAEEn.png ]

The second feature allows you to accumulate "knowledge" as you play. There's now a book on the dining table (it'll probably be moved somewhere else eventually). Examining it will tell you general info about each species, but you have to unlock that info by playing.

Spoiler: show
[ https://i.imgur.com/21xWwj3.png ]
Here's the page on Harpies at the start. I don't know anything at all about them.

[ https://i.imgur.com/AheBE2K.png ]
After purchasing one though, the Harpies' average stats have been revealed to me. I also collected feathers from her, and the game now tells me how often they produce them, and how much they sell for. I also now know that adults have a second item they can produce.

[ https://i.imgur.com/xNcT6M3.png ]
I got my harpy pregnant, and waited out till she gave birth (or, her egg hatched). I now know how long pregnancy lasts for harpies. Along the way, I collected an egg, and the game tells me about that, including the fact that only female harpies will lay them.

[ https://i.imgur.com/mEb7Enb.png ]
Six days after the child harpy was born, he grew into a teenager. I now know how long childhood lasts for harpies. I also collected immature feathers, and now know about that.

[ https://i.imgur.com/SqqReno.png ]
And finally, the teenager becomes an adult, and I collected feathers from him at this stage too. I now know everything about harpies.

Eh, I'll probably start over. Don't know if anyone else had that weird glitch. Also sweet on the book as that somewhat answers my question on how long each monster girl/boy takes to grow from child to teen then to adult, as well as giving birth (or being hatched from an egg for harpies and lamia).
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby BlackWillow73 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:28 am

the farmhand crashes the game when a new day starts
Last edited by BlackWillow73 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one disaster bisexual ready for a meal
BlackWillow73
New to the forum

Postby liam123 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:45 pm

hello I've been wondering this but is it possible to get an updated list of the cheat codes for the game as the changelog says a new code has been added but isn't present on the front page of current cheat codes
liam123
Been posting for a bit

Postby keyshawn5601 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:55 pm

i really cant find the program or anything to run the game at all
keyshawn5601
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 pm

keyshawn5601 wrote:i really cant find the program or anything to run the game at all

wut? What do you mean? You can't find the download? Or you can't find the .exe file? it's the black and white file that says "MGRanch(.exe)".(The parenthesis means optional, you can have the file extensions show or not for your PC, so it could have the .exe or it could not, depending on your settings)
Turbotowns
???

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:10 am

update from my end, due to a medical problem flaring back up Ive not been able to make much progress, I am on meds again to try and fix it but may not be able to do muck work on the art for a while, If anyone would like to aid in the games development art wise, you can dm me and I'll send you some of my files and notes on whatever you wish to work on.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:07 am

Hope you get better, mate!
Turbotowns
???

Postby BlackWillow73 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:29 pm

wouldn't it be cool if you had a logbook that detailed everything that happens on each day like who ate who, who bred with what, who showed up at the tavern, and whether or not creamoi was there and who she was selling, and anything else of note that happened that day. I think it'll be a nice feature to have
Last edited by BlackWillow73 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one disaster bisexual ready for a meal
BlackWillow73
New to the forum

Postby Xentinova » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:25 pm

How do you input and access the cheat codes? I cant seem to find it in game?
Xentinova
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonlord » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Xentinova wrote:How do you input and access the cheat codes? I cant seem to find it in game?

Go to the first post and read where it says how to use cheat codes and the list of cheat codes a bit further down...
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby UBFanDrake » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:22 pm

imagine trying to domesticate a feral monster girl one not bought from the store, be it from them visiting the farm, speaking to them in town or finding them after they ate one of your domesticated monster girls
UBFanDrake
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:50 pm

So have been playing on the current version for a little while now and experienced almost no issues, game seems to be working well. I have recently encountered one issue though. As of a few days ago it started taking really long (around 10 minutes sometimes) for the game to load after hitting load game. Everything else works fine, but when I do that it will freeze up until it succeeds in loading. While searching for possible culprits I found an item that was just a big ol number (I was going to post what it was but now it's seemingly stopped being able to load entirely, but the number was over 112 million) that, when I tried selling it to the store for 0g, instead just decreased by the number of it I sold. My guess is that has something to do with it, but I have no idea what this thing is.

Other than that the only minor gripes I have are a) not enough studs available per day for my liking and b) the farmhand, when in the contest building, is visually about half a person or so to the left of their actual placement, so you can clip into the side of them on the left or talk to air on the right.

Looking forward to whatever the next big update is.

Edit: spoke too soon, got this error when going to sleep after purchasing a mermaid from creamoi that day. got the same error after purchasing a centaur girl as well.
of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [-1] out of range [37] - -5.itemDefinitions(100201,-1)
at gml_Script_inv_AddItem
############################################################################################
gml_Script_inv_AddItem (line -1)
gml_Script_advance_MonsterGirls
gml_Script_advance_Day
gml_Object_obj_bed_Step_0
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby NightRoller » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:55 pm

First off, wanted to ask if this game was planned to be added to this official vore games list (which I think can include games that are just demos/in development?): viewtopic.php?f=79&t=38739#p2007288

Second, I started playing version v0.5.1.1, and as I got pretty lucky with a harpy with a really high beauty stat, I'd like to keep my save if possible; is it possible to update to the new version and keep my save, or are they non-compatible?

Third, though this game is bare-bones and it took me a while to figure it out (the file was sitting on my computer for ages, and there wasn't a README that I could tell to use for understanding what to do. I couldn't check the bookcase because I didn't know what button to use (enter didn't do anything after the startup screen), and while I found "X" did bring up a menu, I couldn't figure out more than the arrow keys before I eventually gave up and tried every button on my QUERTY keyboard until something ("Z") worked when I was facing a sign), it seems pretty fun to play so long as you don't overspend too much on food and monster girls at the start (I ran out of money and then had to work up using just the products my harpy and cow were producing... and keep them fed without really understanding what each food does. I wish I'd found that bookcase sooner XD). I look forward to how this will continue to develop in the future.

(EDIT: The following are from version 0.5.1.1 and may possibly be fixed already) Also of note to those creating this game: I don't have the text of the errors exactly, but I came up to an error for a while (in the first day, or first few days?) when I tried to select "vore" when I only had 1 monster girl.
Another error that broke the game and confused me was how selecting "Load" from the initial screen or before making a save (for kicks and giggles) causes the game to raise an error message and not work.
Last edited by NightRoller on Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game