Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:So will it be we can dash only at first and then a level or 2 later we upgrade to a charge? Again like how your making this dynamic weight shift effect how Samus will act depending how her fullness.

It actually probably won't be a powerup and will just be granted as soon as you unlock the dash.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:I was wondering later on if the state of how full Samus is will affects her chance of being eaten. Not to say she won't take damage during the attempt but she could be regurgitated half way or a animation playing showing the pred unable to swallow her down.
EX:
    Human size,
    empty = 100% eaten
    1 prey = 75
    2 prey = 50
    3 prey = 25
    4 prey = 0

Drake size,
    empty = 100% eaten
    1 prey = 100
    2 prey = 75
    3 prey = 50
    4 prey = 50

Some form of this may be likely, though got a ways to go before getting to that.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Would that be a power up as well or would change it around so the absorption will replace how auto is right now. Actually if you want to do a upgrade system for digestion perhaps Samus starts with manual only and gets more option throughout the game like:
Manual will be the fastest but you get less health, auto will be the same time but you digest all captured prey, absorption is the slowest but gives the most health (though may want to swap auto and absorb?). Or maybe she only does slow absorption at first and the other two will be faster upgrades.

It's not going to be powerup based, but instead shifting it to behave (mostly) more realistically - once enemies are swallowed, a timer will begin counting down for digestion. This timer is added to for each additional enemy swallowed, and may be set higher or lower based on enemy type. During this time, the player will be prone to potential struggle contests - events that stop the player and they will need to take a moment to fight to keep struggling prey down. Once the digestion timer finishes, struggling will stop and the player's belly will be mostly still. Struggle contests won't happen, and indigestion will be much less frequent. At this point, the player will be able to begin absorbtion (which currently parralells the auto digestion phase). Trying to start auto digest/absorb before this won't be possible. Once absorbtion is started, it will behave similarly to how auto digest does now, except with the incremental part for when you have multiple prey being absorbed. Eating another enemy during this essentially resets the process with a struggling belly again until the digest timer finishes, at which point absorbtion can be reactivated. Meanwhile, quick digest will now have a dual action - while it can't be used to instantly digest struggling prey, it can be used to spead up the digestion timer significantly. Once they've stopped struggling, it can then be used for a rather fast absorbtion process, either before or during auto absorbtion, generally behaving similar to how it does now.
Point of the difference in struggle vs still phases of prey prior to beginning absorbtion is so that players can take more full advantage of the perks of being full, while not constantly battling indigestion. Additionally, I plan to give the player more ways to deal true damage and not just stuns, also giving enemies actual health pools in the meantime. A lower health enemy will spend less time struggling, and they can be KOd entirely to keep them from being a bother, at which point they can be eaten at any time without ever struggling.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:06 pm

I love the newest level, and I love the progress of this game.

I think the best way for us to support this game is to keep testing it and search for bugs. The creator has a wealth of ideas, no doubt, so we should let them do their thing. They've done this well so far, so let's get out of there way and continue to evaluate the progress so far. :D
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:15 pm

CVYouTube wrote:I love the newest level, and I love the progress of this game.

I think the best way for us to support this game is to keep testing it and search for bugs. The creator has a wealth of ideas, no doubt, so we should let them do their thing. They've done this well so far, so let's get out of there way and continue to evaluate the progress so far. :D

Thanks so much!! Bug testing is definitely very helpful and I certainly couldn't do it nearly as well without you all.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:08 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:It actually probably won't be a powerup and will just be granted as soon as you unlock the dash.

I wonder if breakable walls can be programed in to be broken by the amount of prey you have when you charge, say a glass wall that cuts off a rea with power ups and will resist damage from anything under 3 full belly charge so you find and eat enemies to bring back just to break the wall.

DraconicSyntax wrote:-During this time, the player will be prone to potential struggle contests - events that stop the player and they will need to take a moment to fight to keep struggling prey down...
-Eating another enemy during this essentially resets the process with a struggling belly again until the digest timer finishes, at which point absorbtion can be reactivated.
-Point of the difference in struggle vs still phases of prey prior to beginning absorbtion is so that players can take more full advantage of the perks of being full, while not constantly battling indigestion.
- A lower health enemy will spend less time struggling, and they can be KOd entirely to keep them from being a bother, at which point they can be eaten at any time without ever struggling.

-Struggle contests...that sounds fine but how will we keep them down, by mashing as well? Because while it makes sense for being eaten and her as well doing that multi-pull times in short succession will tire players out. Hold a button down while a gage fills up quickly maybe?
- So say we eat 2 prey in quick succession and we are attack in the indigestion faze, does the first prey escape or the second one?
- I like it so far can't wait to see it in action!
-You could make a enemy to wonder the level looking for knocked out foes to revive them later on.

Here's a few more crashes from both 2.1 and 2.2. Also I took a picture of where it happens. You need to get the dashers to jump, then as they are jumping walk ofo the left of the wall and jump back onto it to trigger their mid-air dash and they get stuck on the wall. Shooting them twice or walking off again or even strangely enough looking away from them will make them fall but they stay there otherwise. Eating them in that state will crash the game ever time.
crash setup.png
crash setup.png (20.74 KiB) Viewed 1659 times

of Step Event0
for object obj_en2_afterimage:

Unable to find instance for object index 101719
at gml_Object_obj_en2_afterimage_Step_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_en2_afterimage_Step_0 (line -1)
V2.2
of Step Event0
for object obj_en2_afterimage:

Unable to find instance for object index 101756
at gml_Object_obj_en2_afterimage_Step_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_en2_afterimage_Step_0 (line -1)
V2.1
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:I wonder if breakable walls can be programed in to be broken by the amount of prey you have when you charge, say a glass wall that cuts off a rea with power ups and will resist damage from anything under 3 full belly charge so you find and eat enemies to bring back just to break the wall.

A form of this is already on the list.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:-Struggle contests...that sounds fine but how will we keep them down, by mashing as well? Because while it makes sense for being eaten and her as well doing that multi-pull times in short succession will tire players out. Hold a button down while a gage fills up quickly maybe?
- So say we eat 2 prey in quick succession and we are attack in the indigestion faze, does the first prey escape or the second one?
- I like it so far can't wait to see it in action!
-You could make a enemy to wonder the level looking for knocked out foes to revive them later on.

- One of the two, depending on how things go. It shouldn't be something that happens in too short/rapid of succession though, unlike indigestion is now.
- It'll be the same as it is now, which should be second eaten if I recall correctly. One other thing I forgot to mention though, once prey has stopped struggling, they can't be forcefully regurgitated.
- Healer enemy is already planned!

About the bug, found out that it was caused by a slightly more specific issue than I originally thought - reproduced it myself and fixed it for sure this time though.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:03 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
One other thing I forgot to mention though, once prey has stopped struggling, they can't be forcefully regurgitated.

So they are dead in that regard and knocked out on the map right? Also will the healer enemy self-revive after a set amount of time?
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:So they are dead in that regard and knocked out on the map right? Also will the healer enemy self-revive after a set amount of time?

They will be KOd until fully digested - I'm also planning on adding manual regurgitation which can still be used, which if you do after they stop struggling they'll simply be regurgitated in a KOd state, available to either be healed or for eating again later.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby EddyS » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:47 am

I was thinking about a few last things before I let my replies rest for a while. I had one more suggestion in mind and one question for the next update. After these I'm gonna let up with my replies probably until the next update is released, but we'll see.

Here's my last question for now:
Since you are working on the player sprite rework/overhaul, I was wondering if you're planning to release them as a separate update so everyone can see the new and improved sprites as soon as they're done? Even I think that'd make for a lackluster update (i.e. if that's the only new feature in the next big update) but I don't even care, I'm that desperate to see the new sizes. But of course it's your decision.

Here's my last suggestion for now:
For me personally, I've always thought that the indigestion is a bit disappointing. It used to occur like every 3-5 seconds once, now it barely occurs at all. I kinda liked it better when it occurred frequently, but not so insanely frequently that one could barely move. I don't know exactly what you're planning to do with it, but if you want to somewhat keep it the way it is now maybe have indigestion occur every 10 seconds (or around that mark would do the trick). Don't have it on a timer, just have it likely enough to occur so it almost always occurs every 10 seconds. That way it might make the belly feel more like a detriment/threat the longer you decide to keep prey in your belly alive while still having its advantages (or buff the advantages if they're too weak in comparison to the relatively constant indigestion).

Also how the indigestion animations themselves are right now: They're lacking impact (for me at least). I feel like it should be more violent and have Samus/the Player character really struggle to get it under control so she can move again. Right now in basically all of the instances & variations she just stands still and a few tiny struggles appear for a second, then she let's out a burp and continues. Since you're doing an entire player sprite rework/overhaul you have to rework the indigestion struggle animation at some point, so I guess you could keep this in mind... Or don't, up to you really (but I hope you do though).

Until the next update,
EngilbertSig3
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Since you are working on the player sprite rework/overhaul, I was wondering if you're planning to release them as a separate update so everyone can see the new and improved sprites as soon as they're done? Even I think that'd make for a lackluster update (i.e. if that's the only new feature in the next big update) but I don't even care, I'm that desperate to see the new sizes. But of course it's your decision.

Yep, actually already decided I'm gonna release the player sprite update as their own update first before I get to all the other tweaks and such. That, and adding a title is the main goal so I can actually start posting this around more places with an actual name to call it by.

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Here's my last suggestion for now:
For me personally, I've always thought that the indigestion is a bit disappointing. It used to occur like every 3-5 seconds once, now it barely occurs at all. I kinda liked it better when it occurred frequently, but not so insanely frequently that one could barely move. I don't know exactly what you're planning to do with it, but if you want to somewhat keep it the way it is now maybe have indigestion occur every 10 seconds (or around that mark would do the trick). Don't have it on a timer, just have it likely enough to occur so it almost always occurs every 10 seconds. That way it might make the belly feel more like a detriment/threat the longer you decide to keep prey in your belly alive while still having its advantages (or buff the advantages if they're too weak in comparison to the relatively constant indigestion).

I'll toy around with it some more - I think the main issue is it relies too much on rng to happen, because it still happens almost every 10 seconds for me when I've been using it. Thing is rng is the best way to determine if it should happen without a straight timer on it, though I may be able to play around with this. Considering how the vore system is gonna be changed in general though tweaking indigestion for the most part will have to wait till that update, but I'll play around with some of the numbers at least now and see if I can make something more consistent easily.

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Also how the indigestion animations themselves are right now: They're lacking impact (for me at least). I feel like it should be more violent and have Samus/the Player character really struggle to get it under control so she can move again. Right now in basically all of the instances & variations she just stands still and a few tiny struggles appear for a second, then she let's out a burp and continues. Since you're doing an entire player sprite rework/overhaul you have to rework the indigestion struggle animation at some point, so I guess you could keep this in mind... Or don't, up to you really (but I hope you do though).

Waaaay ahead of you! Redoing animations like that was another big reason for the redesign. Was mostly gonna keep this under wraps till the sprite update was ready, buuutttttt I enjoy sneak peaks. This is just one of the struggles from part of the idle too, not even indigestion/struggle contest anims.
And yes, this is just the single prey belly!
Attachments
push.gif
push.gif (19.34 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Egads » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:10 pm

This stuff is just poggers. Can't wait to see where this project goes :D
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EddyS » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:29 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
EngilbertSig3 wrote:Also how the indigestion animations themselves are right now: They're lacking impact (for me at least). I feel like it should be more violent and have Samus/the Player character really struggle to get it under control so she can move again. Right now in basically all of the instances & variations she just stands still and a few tiny struggles appear for a second, then she let's out a burp and continues. Since you're doing an entire player sprite rework/overhaul you have to rework the indigestion struggle animation at some point, so I guess you could keep this in mind... Or don't, up to you really (but I hope you do though).

Waaaay ahead of you! Redoing animations like that was another big reason for the redesign. Was mostly gonna keep this under wraps till the sprite update was ready, buuutttttt I enjoy sneak peaks. This is just one of the struggles from part of the idle too, not even indigestion/struggle contest anims.

I feel like a caveman with all my replies lol, you're always doing exactly what I suggest before I even suggest it. Idk how to describe it, it's like a feeling I didn't know existed... but it's a good feeling. Since you dropped this sneak peak I just had to throw in one more reply and say that THIS LOOKS INSANE!!!!! I saw that sneak peak and kind of didn't believe what I was seeing. This sneak peak somehow got me more hyped for the next update than I already was, which I didn't think possible but you did it.

The only notes I have is that the belly is very slightly too small than what my bias tells me is right or wrong. I don't know if you're able to make it any bigger than that since you've mentioned a lot that you have that 128x128 restriction, but what I'm talking about is like 2-3 or 3-4 pixels bigger & than it is in the preview. Other than that I've got nothing to point out, other than some very nitpicky details like exact proportions of the enemies and so on and so fourth. They don't really matter though, you've already got the proportions pretty much nailed down. Only thing I'd want to see is the 1 prey belly being a smidgeon bigger, but if you've already reworked most of the sprites in that size then forget I even wrote this. I imagine it'd become tedious real quick to have to change ALL OF THE 1 PREY belly sprites you've reworked so far just by specifically changing the belly to make it 2-3/3-4 pixels larger for every single one... but hell if you wanna go the hard mile you could always do that.

Thanks for releasing that sneak peak, I was having a bad day and that sneak peak made it just a little better.
Seriously can't wait for the next update,
EngilbertSig3.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:35 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:For me personally, I've always thought that the indigestion is a bit disappointing. It used to occur like every 3-5 seconds once, now it barely occurs at all.

Hey buddy here's a 10, go buy me a lottery ticket with that luck of your because for me I was getting indigestion every other double jump and that was before I went bug hunting! :x :grumbles:
  'lucky fella...'  

DraconicSyntax wrote:This is just one of the struggles from part of the idle too, not even indigestion/struggle contest anims.

Very, very, VERY NICE! Looks so smooth and clean and both the momentum and size looks perfect! BTW are we still playing as Samus or your OC next update?
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:24 am

EngilbertSig3 wrote:I feel like a caveman with all my replies lol, you're always doing exactly what I suggest before I even suggest it. Idk how to describe it, it's like a feeling I didn't know existed... but it's a good feeling. Since you dropped this sneak peak I just had to throw in one more reply and say that THIS LOOKS INSANE!!!!! I saw that sneak peak and kind of didn't believe what I was seeing. This sneak peak somehow got me more hyped for the next update than I already was, which I didn't think possible but you did it.

The only notes I have is that the belly is very slightly too small than what my bias tells me is right or wrong. I don't know if you're able to make it any bigger than that since you've mentioned a lot that you have that 128x128 restriction, but what I'm talking about is like 2-3 or 3-4 pixels bigger & than it is in the preview. Other than that I've got nothing to point out, other than some very nitpicky details like exact proportions of the enemies and so on and so fourth. They don't really matter though, you've already got the proportions pretty much nailed down. Only thing I'd want to see is the 1 prey belly being a smidgeon bigger, but if you've already reworked most of the sprites in that size then forget I even wrote this. I imagine it'd become tedious real quick to have to change ALL OF THE 1 PREY belly sprites you've reworked so far just by specifically changing the belly to make it 2-3/3-4 pixels larger for every single one... but hell if you wanna go the hard mile you could always do that.

Thanks for releasing that sneak peak, I was having a bad day and that sneak peak made it just a little better.
Seriously can't wait for the next update,
EngilbertSig3.

Glad you like it!! :D For the time being I'll probably stick with the current size to see how it ends up looking when it comes time to do all the 2 prey bellies and beyond, but the good news is with how I'm designing the sprites now they'll be easier to go back and edit in the future so it wouldn't be too terribly hard to tweak later on.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Very, very, VERY NICE! Looks so smooth and clean and both the momentum and size looks perfect! BTW are we still playing as Samus or your OC next update?

Thank you!! OC Next update, you'll find out more about her once the update drops.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Vorelover23 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:15 pm

A question for the future. when do you think the coding for making the robots edible is going to happen?
Vorelover23
New to the forum

Postby Vorelover23 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:43 pm

How about: "SA Log: experiment 50rIII" for the name of this game? (5 and III are a hint to each other on what to replace. I think you'll like the allusion this label gives.)
on another, we kinda need a slight explanation as to what is happening in this secret labrotory. Were they experementing on an unknown genome or another when samus ended up being doused with it, or was she encoded with it at random at one point and she was captured to be brought for study? Great game hope to hear more soon... though how do you follow a thread? I can follow the individual people, but threads seem outside my know-how right now.
Vorelover23
New to the forum

Postby Cookmanfood » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:52 am

is there plans to give the female androids the option to be preds?
Cookmanfood
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:27 pm

Vorelover23 wrote:A question for the future. when do you think the coding for making the robots edible is going to happen?

For now rather than the robots being edible, when destroyed you'll bust out a tiny pilot, who will be edible for some quick health.

Vorelover23 wrote:How about: "SA Log: experiment 50rIII" for the name of this game? (5 and III are a hint to each other on what to replace. I think you'll like the allusion this label gives.)
on another, we kinda need a slight explanation as to what is happening in this secret labrotory. Were they experementing on an unknown genome or another when samus ended up being doused with it, or was she encoded with it at random at one point and she was captured to be brought for study? Great game hope to hear more soon... though how do you follow a thread? I can follow the individual people, but threads seem outside my know-how right now.

I've got a title in mind I believe, just working on the acronym for it. More actual story content will be released once I have more time to get to it.

Cookmanfood wrote:is there plans to give the female androids the option to be preds?

Assuming you're talking about the sentry enemy, then yes and no - later versions of them may be able, but not the exact kind you run into early game.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby ShadowRayquaza » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:13 pm

I love how this project is going, and I can't wait to see the finished game, but there is one little question I want to ask: How tricky would it be to implement an option to change your character's color?

This is a legit question, because while I really like the way the OC looks... I kiiinda also like how she looks when it's just Samus. ^^; You don't have to do this, I was just wondering if it would be possible.
[HELLO, MY NAME IS: NEWBIE]
ShadowRayquaza
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:33 pm

ShadowRayquaza wrote:I love how this project is going, and I can't wait to see the finished game, but there is one little question I want to ask: How tricky would it be to implement an option to change your character's color?

This is a legit question, because while I really like the way the OC looks... I kiiinda also like how she looks when it's just Samus. ^^; You don't have to do this, I was just wondering if it would be possible.

Anything is possible! Can't make any guarantees, but I'll keep it in mind.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby ShadowRayquaza » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Anything is possible! Can't make any guarantees, but I'll keep it in mind.

Awesome! Godspeed, you magnificent person! :-D
[HELLO, MY NAME IS: NEWBIE]
ShadowRayquaza
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game