Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V31A

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Thibs wrote:Has anyone made any giant maps they wouldn't mind sharing? I like to play with a lot of races but the map is getting fairly squished.
I'm currently working on one. It's a bit incomplete though.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Re: Vore War V32

Postby Aurilika » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Cruelin660 wrote:Aurilika, What about a Campaign?

Well, that kind of scripted thing is unlikely to happen, aside from the extent you can do that by editing maps.

alexandru0049 wrote:I have an idea. How about an event editor where players can make their own events (maybe with images) and even some kind of event chain, after they have made a decision based on the players' response another event opened a continuation of the last ones story the next in game day (such as branched story). I hope the idea is useful.

Well, there is the way to make basic events by editing the events.txt file, but chains and more advanced events would take quite a bit to set up properly, which is a bit too ambitious of a project for me at this point.

Lyko wrote:any chance for the feral wolves to get other vore types? (oral only last i checked)

This patch adds anal to them, but I've generally avoided having things that have no visual difference, so feral wolves have no gender, so unbirth doesn't make sense (and they don't have sprites for CV/BV).

DisguisedQQ wrote:Do you ever thought about enhancing leveling with additional perks? For example, fallout style with perks avaliable every certain level, the higher level the stronger perks avaliable, or any other similar mechanic. Think about it when you have nothing else to do... :P

That's certainly a possibility, though it would make higher leveled armies obliterate lower leveled armies even more than they already do.

bahamut24 wrote:just an idea:
super vore [cheat only] (cannot think of better word) trait: devour target regardless size

Added this.

Cruelin660 wrote:any plans on add more species from a certain space-Roleplay-Building-2D game since you have avians in the game?

Not that I'm aware of. I think it's also just a more general bird type race than based on something in particular (though I could be wrong).

gigaredpanther wrote:Regenerator? Revenant? Unbreakable? idk what to call this one
Units with this will revive if killed by weapons/magic, but won't revive if digested. For those of us okay with their favorite units meeting their end, but only in the "proper way"

Reformer:
Inverse of previous trait. Will revive if digested, but not if killed conventionally. Just so you guys aren't left out if this is more your style.

Added in both of these as traits.

Souls6 wrote:Since some races have more animations and sprites, will you also update those simpler like humans, cats and dogs who have less?

Yeah, the higher quality unit sprites will gradually make their way to the rest of the 'core' races (by that I mean the ones that share common sprites).

Cruelin660 wrote:would it hurt if the frog was a race?

I mean you can use the cheat screen to make one of the empires into a frog race (though they're not called feral frogs to differentiate them from the demi-frogs)

Thibs wrote:Has anyone made any giant maps they wouldn't mind sharing? I like to play with a lot of races but the map is getting fairly squished.

There's a few of them on the discord, though I think most of the recent ones no longer try to incorporate all of the races.

V32 released. This catches me back up to the sprites the spriters have created, and throws in a variety of smaller stuff and fixes. I'd sort of delayed those for a bit while I was focused on a patch for Unbridled Hedonism.

32:
Added a holiday mode, that is active from Dec 1 to Jan 15 (Though it's already half over for this year), that adds holiday related decorations to the snow tileset, and adds clothing options (mostly santa hats, but there's a little variety for some reaces) to a bunch of the races. This can also be manually permanently enabled, or disabled, but defaults to the automatic mode based on the date. Note that characters will keep their customizations even it's turned off, but no new characters will generate with those, and they also can't be manually added to a character when it's off.
Imp and Goblin visuals got a major redesign to higher quality sprites.
Fixed a bug where armies didn't charge maintenance, apprently this failed getting properly fixed before. Since some people may be used to it now, there is the option to change the army upkeep. It will stay on 0 for loaded games to prevent a lack of money apocalypse, but new games will default to the old value, 3. You can manually reenable it in the in-game settings screen.
Added a couple additional levels of cheating AI, they basically increase the modifiers applied, and they also start getting bonus starting experience.
Fixed up some miscellaneous sprite issues for a few races.
Added a feature to the dropdowns, primarily intende for the race and traits dropdowns. Pressing a key with the dropdown open will scroll so that the first entry that starts with that letter is near the top of the visible area. So if you typed 'f' with the races open, it would scroll down enough so that fairies are visible at the top of the scroll bar. It also technically works for some other dropdowns, like the empires in the cheat menu, though it's far less practical when things aren't in alphabetical order (though it could still be useful in some situations)
The biter trait will no longer kill a target, instead leaving them at 1 hp, and forcing them to surrender even if that option isn't on. This prevents you from accidentally killing targets you meant to digest.
Added Reanimator and Reformer traits, basically more selective versions of the eternal trait, one making a unit come back only if it's killed by weapons or spells, and the other makes it come back if it's digested, with the other case being permanent death like usual.
Added an option for troop scatter. If enabled, retreated units will go to a random village individually, instead of the closest one, scattering defeated armies around more. (Also serves to break up eternal armies when defeated instead of sending them all to the same village)
Can now set the starting population for villages in a game.
Added an option to disable adventurers or mercenaries.
Added an option to have multi-race villages change appearance based on the most populous race within them. (Not automatic because there are some minor side effects for having villages change race, and people may prefer the normal graphics)
Added a cheat option to change the current population of a village.
Added a simple particle effect on armies that have an available level up during your turn.
Changed the logic so that eating a unit endosoma gives no exp, instead of giving exp and taking it away when regurgitating. (Cleans up a bug, and makes it simpler and makes more sense)
Mercenary/Adventurer info card now displays their gender.
Added the Inedible trait, which makes a unit unable to be eaten.
Can now using the cheat menu to change the relationship with goblins.
Can now cheat to replace races as special mercenaries (added by request, may have some minor bugs, but most people won't end up using it, doing this also enables breeding for that unit when it's in a village controlled by that empire)
Fixed a bug that could create a unit of an undefined race on very rare occasions.
Updated the random BV choice option so that the inital vore is still random, but any vore after that picks the breast that has less in it. (It looks better that way, and it makes sense that characters would balance the load in most cases)
Non-gendered monsters should now have their gender left off of the info panel, rather than displaying them as herm.
Claiming a gold mine with an army now prevents undoing that, so you can't just undo it and keep the mine.
Monster spawning has been slightly reworked. They can now spawn on any turn, rather than only on turns past the third turn, but to fix their early game issues, and just to make them more fair in general, they can't move on the turn they spawn.
The Ill trait has been renamed to Illness to avoid name collision with a few other traits (the parser would see 'ill' in the name of some other traits (like thrillSeeker), and it's simpler to rename this trait than redesign that.)
Added the Gazelle as a monster race.
Added a race of Demi-frogs as a main empire race. To keep the naming standards consistant, the monster frogs were named to FeralFrogs, so that Demi-Frogs could just be Frogs.
Hippos have had some additional vore sprites added, including the expanded breast vore sprites.
Fixed a few errant pixels on Avian bellies.
Added a cheat trait for unlimited vore capacity (basically a far more powerful version of the stretchy insides trait).
The dropdowns in the army cheat menu will no longer spill off of the screen.
Fixed a few rare minor exceptions.
Went back and removed the 'new character graphics option' that would give you the old old graphics for like 10 races if you disabled it. That gets rid of a bunch of old sprites and cleans up the codebase a bit. If you ever want to experience those again you can always play an old patch, but I don't think very many (any?) people played with those 10 old races graphics and 60 or whatever new ones.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V32

Postby Aurilika » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Just a quick little fix that I opted to label as a separate version for clarity, but this fixes a major exception related to Zoey's Holiday wear.

32A:
Fixed an exception that would always happen if Zoey was present in her Holiday gear due forgetting to reslice a sprite.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V32A

Postby Aurilika » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Okay, so that wasn't my smoothest launch ^^; , so here's 32B. Fixing a guaranteed exception related to having the troop scatter option on.

32B:
Fixed a random rare exception that probably existed in V31A
Fixed an exception related to the troop scatter option.
Fixed a missing trait for the demi-frogs that was intended to balance them out.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V32B

Postby Dragonlord » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 am

So the new imps look good, mostly, they do have some problems shown in the images. The frogs so far are holding up well and performing as expected, though not really my personal cup of tea. The gazelle in testing seem to fall right around wyvern and showing no glaring animation flaws. Gobos have not yet received a proper testing though I like their new style a lot.
Attachments
Screenshot (12).png
This appears to occur when a female imp has the naked lower body clothing
Screenshot (13).png
Also eating things seems to cause problems with the new imps. Not shown here is that after finishing an OV/UB at the end of a match there's a tick or two where their guts briefly balloon to max before disappearing.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cruelin660 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:18 am

Switching Wild Monsters to a side give very glitchy/broken result in that you can have the Supposed to be converted army to fight the "non-coverted" Self, it just doesn't work properly
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:40 pm

Dragonlord wrote:So the new imps look good, mostly, they do have some problems shown in the images. The frogs so far are holding up well and performing as expected, though not really my personal cup of tea. The gazelle in testing seem to fall right around wyvern and showing no glaring animation flaws. Gobos have not yet received a proper testing though I like their new style a lot.

Okay, got the graphics issues fixed for them, and a couple of rare exceptions.

Cruelin660 wrote:Switching Wild Monsters to a side give very glitchy/broken result in that you can have the Supposed to be converted army to fight the "non-coverted" Self, it just doesn't work properly

That wasn't something I had considered when I set that up, so now it's fixed so that will work.

Have a few changes ready, but going to release later on today so that I can catch anything else that comes in.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:39 pm

Rest in peace old sprites.
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Rest in peace old sprites.

It was for the best anyways. Besides, I'm already hooked up with the new sprites instead, hehe. :-D
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:34 am

Some more bugfixes and clothes for another race

32C:
Taurus has holiday related clothes now.
Fixed a new rare exception. (For those wondering it's older versions of windows in specific time zones)
Transfering a monster army to a player now works properly instead of leaving the monster army and duplicating it and all the units.
Some fixes to Imp/Goblin sprites, including exceptions relating to changing their gender in the unit editor if they were wearing a specific outfit.
Also lowered the power of the clumsy trait a bit.
Added the clumsy trait to the correct frogs this time (though it fits for both so it will probably stay that way, though people can always modify it themselves)
Fixed a bug where really big panther bellies where overrunning from the sprites they were supposed to be.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V32C

Postby Marpatt » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:16 am

So, while I'm here, I'd first like to mention that this game is great! :D the amount of customization it allows is unparalleled in allowing the player to create the kind of world they want.

But I do have two suggestions I'd personally like to see :gulp:

First off, being able to change a races lore card. Currently, after hovering over a unit, you can hover over its race and a small paragraph of info about that race appears. I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to allow people to edit this paragraph, and in return it'd add quite a bit of flavor.

Secondly, and the arguably more ambitious idea ^^; , is to allow the creation of unique characters/special mercs. Currently, there are Asura, Auri, and Zoey, unique, one of a kind mercs, that you can (separate from any of the races) change the traits of. With the amount of traits in the game (and cheat traits that you can't really add to a full-on race without breaking balance) it'd be cool to make use of them in creating special characters, who might be a bit broken, but stand out from a crowd (or an army, rather)

But yeah, those are my ideas. Hopefully they're useful :-D
Marpatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby gigaredpanther » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:29 am

So uh. I had downtuned the monster spawns to account for the fact that I like to play with small army sizes... and didn't notice the bit about gazelle encounters being added in v32.

So civilization quickly fell to massive herds of gazelle displaying a disproportionate degree of opportunistic carnivory. Whoopsie.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cruelin660 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:32 am

gigaredpanther wrote:So uh. I had downtuned the monster spawns to account for the fact that I like to play with small army sizes... and didn't notice the bit about gazelle encounters being added in v32.

So civilization quickly fell to massive herds of gazelle displaying a disproportionate degree of opportunistic carnivory. Whoopsie.

XD so you were being take-downed by herds of "Herbivores"
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:52 pm

Marpatt wrote:So, while I'm here, I'd first like to mention that this game is great! :D the amount of customization it allows is unparalleled in allowing the player to create the kind of world they want.

But I do have two suggestions I'd personally like to see :gulp:

First off, being able to change a races lore card. Currently, after hovering over a unit, you can hover over its race and a small paragraph of info about that race appears. I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to allow people to edit this paragraph, and in return it'd add quite a bit of flavor.

Secondly, and the arguably more ambitious idea ^^; , is to allow the creation of unique characters/special mercs. Currently, there are Asura, Auri, and Zoey, unique, one of a kind mercs, that you can (separate from any of the races) change the traits of. With the amount of traits in the game (and cheat traits that you can't really add to a full-on race without breaking balance) it'd be cool to make use of them in creating special characters, who might be a bit broken, but stand out from a crowd (or an army, rather)

But yeah, those are my ideas. Hopefully they're useful :-D

To your first suggestion I can tell you the special mercenaries would be out of the question for that since they are exclusive characters owned by people.

Second suggestion, if you mean like creating special mercenary templates based on original races or mercenaries that could be another limited unit or special unit I'm sure that it'd be possible. But if you mean like an actual create your own character menu with tons of options for putting together a unique character then that would definitely be ambitious and unlikely to happen.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Marpatt » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:To your first suggestion I can tell you the special mercenaries would be out of the question for that since they are exclusive characters owned by people.

Second suggestion, if you mean like creating special mercenary templates based on original races or mercenaries that could be another limited unit or special unit I'm sure that it'd be possible. But if you mean like an actual create your own character menu with tons of options for putting together a unique character then that would definitely be ambitious and unlikely to happen.

Yeah, its alright if you can't edit the lore of the exclusive characters, I was more talking about the normal races (the empires)

To clarify the second suggestion, its more of the former. I imagine you'd just choose whatever race you'd want for their sprite (like a lamia for example) the more important detail is that you can customize their traits separate from the lamia as a whole.
Marpatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby RandomSnivy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:43 am

Is it just me or are kobold's heads not visible in the race editor menu?
RandomSnivy
New to the forum

Postby TNT00007 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:32 am

Can you increase the level of cheating menu increase the upper limit? When testing features, you can only point to level 999... Higher level needs manual operation, which is a little inconvenient
TNT00007
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cruelin660 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:15 am

RandomSnivy wrote:Is it just me or are kobold's heads not visible in the race editor menu?

No, that seems to be a glitch because they use their anal/unbirth attack animation as their "Main" Frame
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cruelin660 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:20 pm

RandomSnivy wrote:Is it just me or are kobold's heads not visible in the race editor menu?

in fact I think it was still there even in the 30V of Vore Wars
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby bahamut24 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:38 pm

thank for 'unlimited vore capacity' trait, i love it!
little disappoint that it cannot be working on unit with 'Inedible' triat but it is fun to play around XD

is there be chance for little upgrade on 'willing race' trait: allow those units, with this trait, to have ability to force-feed themselves to target during their turn rather than during predator's turn?
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game