Tiny Sim (RPG Maker) | 01.03.2021 (V2)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Tiny Sim (RPG Maker)

Postby SaltyPrey » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies!
Done alot more bugfixing, inlcuding gamebreaking errors, the past few days and added Meta Events. I like the concept of Permadeath but wanted to give the player a way of making progress and change in the world so that some things are unlockable with one character and will still be around with another. Example: You save another tiny which opens a shop, from now on they will be around in a certain place even if your character dies and you have to make a new one. I only added the script for now and configured it but havent added anything yet. Shouldn't take long though and does not seem that complicated.
Also added a few more locations, which are not really populated right now.
Broke the NPC movement, with some it kinda looks like they target you instead of strolling causally around near you :?
Next to more bugfixing and the meta events I want to remove the players speech. Decided to make them the silent protagonist, let's the player imagine a more personalized character, instead of a forced one. You have reply choices but I won't add the actual response the player gives.

What keeps me from posting an early build is that I messed up when I added 3rd party scripts and assets. I lost track of who wants credit and how they want it. It's now a tedious task to find them and I get easily distracted by working on the game mechanics instead. I will release an early build very soon but won't be able to give a date for now.

Also thinking about making a discord server once I release it. Maybe earlier.
SaltyPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vanny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:25 pm

some of the best games I have played from here were the most broken, I agree with the other comments to release a beta and go from there, looking forward to the release when it comes :3
Vanny
Been posting for a bit

Postby SaltyPrey » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am

I'm actually happy I waited. Added a few things I could not imagine the game without using the meta events. There are so many things I plan on doing and I have to watch out not getting lost in adding stuff.

Also I have been thinking about the patreon some of you mentioned. My mindset is twisted alot about it. I am no trained programmer and only bring the little knowledge I taught myself over the past years and month and even if the game becomes successful and people like it, I feel like I am in no position to accept money for my work on it, since it's still a project I made to improve myself of some sorts.
In the other hand it's not just about the game itself but the time I spend working on it, which is already around 214h not including drawing some of the assets. I think instead of patreon I would rather make something like a tip jar unless I become more skilled. Still, it's nothing I plan on doing now, but since it was mentioned, I wanted to give my current opinion on it.

Last but not least, the next 10 people commenting on this thread get to choose a name. The first 5 male and the first 5 female names will be added to possible playernames when choosing the "Random Character" option. Each user only gets to say only one name though.
SaltyPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby jake117852 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:15 pm

Jake
jake117852
New to the forum

Postby Archangel64 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:17 pm

SaltyPrey wrote:I'm actually happy I waited. Added a few things I could not imagine the game without using the meta events. There are so many things I plan on doing and I have to watch out not getting lost in adding stuff.

Also I have been thinking about the patreon some of you mentioned. My mindset is twisted alot about it. I am no trained programmer and only bring the little knowledge I taught myself over the past years and month and even if the game becomes successful and people like it, I feel like I am in no position to accept money for my work on it, since it's still a project I made to improve myself of some sorts.
In the other hand it's not just about the game itself but the time I spend working on it, which is already around 214h not including drawing some of the assets. I think instead of patreon I would rather make something like a tip jar unless I become more skilled. Still, it's nothing I plan on doing now, but since it was mentioned, I wanted to give my current opinion on it.

Last but not least, the next 10 people commenting on this thread get to choose a name. The first 5 male and the first 5 female names will be added to possible playernames when choosing the "Random Character" option. Each user only gets to say only one name though.

1 male: Marlon
1 female: Diane

(if i only call one character name, i choose Diane)
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SaltyPrey » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:25 pm

Archangel64 wrote:
SaltyPrey wrote:I'm actually happy I waited. Added a few things I could not imagine the game without using the meta events. There are so many things I plan on doing and I have to watch out not getting lost in adding stuff.

1 male: Marlon
1 female: Diane

(if i only call one character name, i choose Diane)

Yes, only one for now
SaltyPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Archangel64 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 pm

SaltyPrey, than i take Diane, how i said before
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Superl » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Sakura for a female name :D
Superl
New to the forum

Postby HalfTime » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:47 pm

I submit Sara as a female name.
"Car, broke. Phone, yes?"
Check out my size game, Microknight! Or not, no pressure.
HalfTime
Somewhat familiar

Postby yoloboy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Is there a demo or a V1 of the game?

I choose Mary as a female Name.
yoloboy
New to the forum

Postby Panzershark » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:40 pm

Amelia for Female name? Excited to see what the demo brings!
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby SaltyPrey » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:53 pm

All 5 female names are chosen now, 4 male names remain

It's more like a V1 and less of a demo since there are no restrictions
SaltyPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby gogopopo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:38 pm

Norman for male name
gogopopo
New to the forum

Postby SaltyPrey » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:56 pm

yoloboy wrote:Is there a demo or a V1 of the game?

I choose Mary as a female Name.

Sorry, got your question wrong. No not yet. A V1 release is imminent though. Just doing bits and pieces, tweaking and fixing collision errors. Depending on how much time I got the next week maybe by the end of next week. Worst case would be by the end of january.
SaltyPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby baphomet » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:53 pm

After seeing all this i can't wait to try the game! :-D

If i can choose a male name can it be Leo?
Just an italian guy looking for some fun and trying to speak english ^^
baphomet
New to the forum

Postby Maexam2 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:16 pm

Appo wrote:It's a really promising game and setting. I think there's a really good opportunity for open ended content in this genre.

Agreed.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SaltyPrey » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:28 am

Expect the upload of V1 within the next hours :D
SaltyPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Archangel64 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:31 am

SaltyPrey wrote:Expect the upload of V1 within the next hours :D

Yeah :gulp:
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Tiny Sim (RPG Maker) | 01.02.2021 (V1)

Postby BlancaTsukiai » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:51 am

So...! I played the v1-version of the game and I must say, it's pretty nice! It's nice to play and the concept is working too.
Personally I am not the biggest fan of the Survival-with-Bars, but it was still much fun to play and I could see the whole idea working. It also helps that you can make Random-Characters and see how they would play different. I noticed that some stats were pretty interesting about surviving certain things, which I will not spoiler here. Overall, very nicely done already, but of course not finished (but that was never claimed anyway!)

Apart from that:
I wonder: Do you plan to use the animals that are roaming or inside houses in different ways? I could sneak up to a cat in an indoor-room and it was pretty much doing nothing yet (Except trampeling :D). Same could go for dogs in rooms. Maybe Pets could have a spot to rest and lay down on you or...sit down on you? Just throwing some ideas.
BlancaTsukiai
Somewhat familiar

Re: Tiny Sim (RPG Maker) | 01.02.2021 (V1)

Postby Maexam2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:26 am

Alright. Off to a nice start! Looking forward to more.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game