Nights at the Elemens - Demo (v0.7)[Difficulty tweaks/fixes]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who's your favorite character so far

Slyph, the wind element
25%
Ruby, the fire element
19%
Yuki, the yuki-onna
11%
Petra, the earth element
13%
Mizu, the water element
16%
The Unnamed Witch
17%

Total votes : 405

Re: Nights at the Elemens - Demo (v0.7)[Difficulty tweaks/fi

Postby UBFanDrake » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am

Tilalumtar wrote:
UBFanDrake wrote:
Tilalumtar wrote:I love the game and the idea behind it. I really do, so please keep it up! :3

But I sadly can't even manage to pass the first night. I always get finished by the one with the snow magic (Although there seems to be two of them? Yuki is the snow elemental but she is the shy one and not the one you always have to keep your eyes on, right? That jealous elemental. I don't know... (It's her mom I guess, and I can't distinguish them. How do I block her mother?))

I can't seem to get my head around how some characters just appear in the room without ever showing movement on cams or appearing from rooms where there doesn't seem to exist a connection.
I also can't wrap my head around how the floor system is managed. Where is my character looking right now? How are the rooms really connected? Some seem to have a connection outside somewhere.

Up until now I have probably played round about 7 hours and up until now only had 2 game overs (Sylph and Yuki's Mother) (and still don't seem to have a clue (although the attack patterns of Sylph is quite clear to me by now)).

Oh, and nevermind me, I just passed the first night, doing nothing until 12 am and then activating the barriers while writing this. So... yay me! One night done! (Sadly still had no other game over screen than the two described above)...

I would like some more balancing for noobs in such games like me, or what I would prefer, unlocking custom nights right away as I think that (if they work like I imagine) testing with only one enemy and learning the patterns etc. through that should do the trick.

Nonetheless, like I said, like the game, like the art and the style, keep it up! :3

You gotta keep an eye on the grass one (green clothes) but only when she becomes active, which isn't until Day 2 onwards, Night 1 you just monitor Sylph's room (the one who masturbates and wants to UB you) and occasionally look over to the pool to request a battery only one door will need blocking (the one of your left from game start) and with that in mind Night 1 should go by very easily (late since i just realised you wrote you just passed it), Sylph is only a concern when she gets faster with her 'fun' with herself a sign she will attack soon, if you monitor the room once she attacks the camera will go to static and you can quickly check the hallway to see if she is walking down, if not it's an UB attack, if she is walking down the attack is Oral and is blocked with the front door, dancing between rooms and checking in with the green girl will keep you going for a while, remember to get batteries regularly

Yeah, so, thanks for your help first of all.

I never got an UB scene from Sylph, it's always oral.
Furthermore I know her signs and when she attacks, that's obvious enough to me.
Requesting Batteries and what not is also something I always did and as I read nearly the whole thread here I know quite a few things, especially concerning the coming nights.

But, as I said, my only problem was the one with the blue hair. I got Sylph's game overs mainly because of fun, but the only one who always finished me of in the first night was the unannounced visit of Yuki's Mother I suppose.

It's always like this: Keeping an eye on Sylph, everything is fine, switching through rooms, looking left, right and in front of me, sometimes blocking the room with barriers if I feel like I need to. Then it happens. The blue haired girl just suddenly stands near the front door inside the barrier and watches me. Then comes closer and just stares at me while having undressed her shirt. And then she disappears into nowhere, only to appear out of nowhere again after two or three hours to cause an instant game over with her.
Another thing happening is, that Yuki get's inside my room and stands there or is sitting on the couch (front door), sometimes even when all barriers are up. And then, everytime when I look left or right away from her, I get her mother's game over.
And exactly that is what I don't get and what caused me to invest 7 hours into the first night alone.

Her mother only appears if you keep watching the daughter, learning which rooms each threat is in or can be in helps to avoid her exponentially
UBFanDrake
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:32 am

Tilalumtar wrote:I never got an UB scene from Sylph, it's always oral.
Furthermore I know her signs and when she attacks, that's obvious enough to me.
Requesting Batteries and what not is also something I always did and as I read nearly the whole thread here I know quite a few things, especially concerning the coming nights.

But, as I said, my only problem was the one with the blue hair. I got Sylph's game overs mainly because of fun, but the only one who always finished me of in the first night was the unannounced visit of Yuki's Mother I suppose.

It's always like this: Keeping an eye on Sylph, everything is fine, switching through rooms, looking left, right and in front of me, sometimes blocking the room with barriers if I feel like I need to. Then it happens. The blue haired girl just suddenly stands near the front door inside the barrier and watches me. Then comes closer and just stares at me while having undressed her shirt. And then she disappears into nowhere, only to appear out of nowhere again after two or three hours to cause an instant game over with her.
Another thing happening is, that Yuki get's inside my room and stands there or is sitting on the couch (front door), sometimes even when all barriers are up. And then, everytime when I look left or right away from her, I get her mother's game over.
And exactly that is what I don't get and what caused me to invest 7 hours into the first night alone.

In my experience Sylph doesn't start attempting her UB attack until night 2 and onwards and it feels pretty random which she'll choose. If you want to experience it just block the front and leave the back open every time she leaves her room.

As for Yuki...her mechanics have changed somewhat in the recent patch which came after I got through all the current nights, but I spent enough time experimenting with her in custom nights that I think I have a decent grasp on how she works. First off her mother's game over is the only game over you'll get from her just fyi. In terms of how she works mechanically, any time you spend looking at her seems to build up some kind of impatience meter with her mother and when that gets high enough is when mom appears in your room. How close to a game over is somewhat telegraphed by how close her mom is to you, however as you noticed mom will vanish after a while. Now from what I can tell it seems the impatience meter does decrease as you go without ever looking at yuki, but the rate of decrease seems pretty slow, and once her mom has shown up then disappeared once she stops being a reliable indicator for the meter's level. I've had her disappear after reaching max threatening, then a minute later glanced at yuki for a couple seconds while flipping through rooms only to get a game over out of nowhere a few seconds after that.
For how to deal with it, your best bet is to just avoid the living room (not sure the actual room names but thats what it looks like to me) where yuki first appears (at least thats where she always started in custom games), since she doesn't seem to start moving around the house until you first look at her there. Also when yuki herself shows up in your room just look away quick and she'll be gone when you look back. Facing that direction while she's there, even if you are looking at the cameras seemingly, builds up the impatience meter. Also yuki showing up in your room seems to only happen once you've looked at her through the cameras enough times, so take it as a minor warning sign. Honestly if you make sure to change rooms quickly every time you look at her she shouldn't present TOO Much of an issue. If you are still having problems then there is a bit of a cheesy solution:
Spoiler: show
Just don't bother looking through most of the rooms. Until the witch shows up the only rooms that matter are sylph's room, mizu's pool, petra's room, and the game room, and of those 4 yuki only ever shows up in mizu and sylph's rooms. Since you don't have to use mizu's room or the game room frequently you can pass most nights just switching between petra and sylph's rooms with the occasional game room check and battery request. If you stick to those and use the camera sparingly you don't even need to worry about mizu getting captured. Even once the witch shows up, I think most of the rooms she telegraphs her attacks from are ones yuki won't go to, plus you can actually see her coming now if you are looking around frequently enough.

Also if you ever get really stuck here's an ultra cheese tactic that works for every night: Once you've died 3 times the regen rate of your shield becomes equal to the usage rate of having a single shield up, so you can just leave the front blocked permanently. With that blocked you can then just not even bother using the camera and instead switch between looking at the side door and the backdoor. So long as you aren't having any bugs (sylph often doesn't visually show up for me when she's about to attack), and aren't switching doors too fast or too slow to actually catch anyone then this tactic turns the game into a cakewalk. Only thing you really have to worry about past this point is the witch getting SUPER spammy with barrier breaks at the front door, but honestly that isn't that likely.

Even if you do encounter said bugs a simple rotation of *petra's room>sylph's room>game room>petra's room>close camera and check doors for the witch* should work just fine, and if you ever learn which rooms the witch attacks from that just makes it even simpler since you can just check those rooms instead of the doors and only worry about the doors when an attack is imminent(I think I have a rundown of her attack directions in a previous post as well)
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby anonpls » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:40 am

I like the game. I'm very bad add gaming.

Last time I played this game, it's difficulty level was very high. I couldn't get past the third day, and the second day I only beat once (probably by accident).
Is there an option implemented for the player of the game to change the difficulty of the game to personal preferences like: noob mode, easy mode, normal mode, hard mode and Hell sandbox mode or something of the like? or mayby the option to turn some difficult characters off after a couple of losses by the same character in a row?

I want to meet the later characters but the early game characters kept kicking my ass.
anonpls
Somewhat familiar

Postby WhatTheNani » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:26 am

Finally decided to do another full run (deleted my data and re-completed everything) to see how it felt now. Difficulty feels mostly fine, nights 1 and 2 are pretty simple and slow, which is nice cause it allows people to figure the game out without being under constant threat. The difficulty spike from night 3 to 4 felt a bit steep but honestly not even as bad as it used to be and night 4, while a bit hectic at times, was mostly fine. Had a few gripes, many of them gripes I already had and have mentioned, but just for clarity's sake I'll list them anyways:

Main one: Yuki still makes no sense. Already did a pretty sizeable post on this so won't go too much into it, but this just reinforced that I don't fully understand her new mechanics. First night decided to play normally (looked at the living room to activate her, then played normally around her and sylph while still doing a fair bit of just random checking rooms). I caught enough glimpses of her that Mom appeared, arms folded and looking cross. I all but stopped using the camera for about 4 in game hours after that (she had long since gone away) before deciding to do a bit of camera scrolling again. Had at most caught maybe a glimpse of her (not sure, since was going through screens pretty fast) then camera landed on her in the hallway and before I could even move it away I got a game over. Mom never reached full threatening mode (or even showed up again) and it had been so long since I'd seen Yuki that this makes it seems pretty substantially like whatever meter getting a glimpse of yuki fills towards the game over doesn't seem to go down. Also time spent staring at Yuki seems almost totally irrelevant since the whole night I'd made sure my camera never lingered. I still think the system I proposed earlier (have independent patience meters for each yuki and mom that fill from different things and lead to different game overs) would be ideal but that's probably more work than you are willing to do. At the very least though, yuki's game overs feel like they come way too fast and out of nowhere for doing very little, especially when immediately swapping to a different camera when you see her can backfire if she teleports to whatever camera you swapped to (had that happen a few times), and the information given to the player about how close they are to her game over is inconsistent at best and non-existent at worst.
Also after getting that game over I decided to just never look at the living room at any point during the night so she never started room hopping and she became a complete non-factor. Pretty much no matter how you choose to play the game there is basically never a reason to look at that room anyways, so it's not even a problem. Puts Yuki in a weird state where she's either totally irrelevant or feels like an arbitrary game over that happens out of nowhere and almost at random. It doesn't help that of the rooms she visits, the only 2 particularly relevant ones are Sylph's room and the Pool. Problem is those are 2 of the most important rooms that you are likely to be checking frequently (at least she doesn't show up in Petra's room though).

Ruby's game room gameover, which I know you said you were considering changing now that a game over with no visual indicator isn't necessary anymore, is still a bit of a pain and a big drain on your shields because if you see her preparing to attack you HAVE to just throw up the front door shield. Except sometimes she takes her sweet ass time and ends up draining huge amounts of shield and there's nothing you can really do about it. Also as an aside even after 3 deaths in night 4 I didn't notice my shield recharge rate changing all that much. Not sure if that was a bug or if I just didn't notice it, could be either.

Sylph still doesn't always show up visually when she does her attacks. Only actually saw her during a front door attack once, and that was after completing all 4 nights and just playing around in custom game again. Also only saw her at the backdoor twice (and one was for ruby's attack) but that was also partly because she did only 3 total backdoor attacks across all 4 nights and the custom games (both during the nights were night 4 and both seemed to happen so quickly between me checking off her room and checking back that I don't know if she showed or not because I was dead before I could react). I still feel like it might have something to do with whether she's being watched or not, the one time she showed up at the front door was when I was facing away from the door when she appeared and I hadn't watched her coming on the camera. Could be a coincidence, but I've gotten the strong feeling often that things bug up more often when something is supposed to be actively changing in the direction I'm looking in.

Witch got real weird. Night 3 she did 2 attacks, but then after failing the second never showed up again (again). Night 4 it SEEMED like she vanished after her first failed attack, only for her to show up about 6 hours later out of absolutely nowhere and give me a game over that I'm not sure if I just didn't have a visual indicator for or if I was facing the wrong way to see. At no point between the failed attack and the one at about 4 am in game time that got me did I see her anywhere on the cameras. Had a lesser version of that in each subsequent night where I just would not see her in any of her spots only to suddenly see her appear in one of the doors. Wasn't consistent either, sometimes I'd see her on camera, sometimes she would just suddenly appear in the door.

This one is not a gripe exactly but possibly a bug: mentioned before sometimes Petra, when not even mad at me at all, would just disappear from her room for a bit and I couldn't find her anywhere. Well ONCE, and only once, this time around when she did that I saw her standing in the front entranceway, watching me. Seems like something that might happen when you are in high favor with her? Except every other time she vanished (of which there were plenty) she didn't show up there (or anywhere). Might be another "things failing to happen while you are looking at them" bug, since I'm often watching the front door.

In any case, looking forward to whenever the next update is. Lucy seems like she'll be quite interesting, but I'm also super excited to see MIzu finally get some game over animations.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Codexwakia » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:29 pm

is there any way to just unlock the gallery, i really suck at this type of game.
Codexwakia
Been posting for a bit

Postby yukino » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:54 am

How many scenes does YUKI have ? I can only see 2... ( My English is not so good... )
yukino
New to the forum

Postby yukino » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 am

Oh,seriously,I think it's still too difficult for me.I cannot pass the night 4 however I try...I'll be grateful if you could make it easier... :cry:
yukino
New to the forum

Postby WhatTheNani » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:03 am

Codexwakia wrote:is there any way to just unlock the gallery, i really suck at this type of game.
Codexwakia wrote:is there any way to just unlock the gallery, i really suck at this type of game.
I'm not 100% sure it still works with the newest patch, but here's a cheese strat I developed previously, with some touch ups to deal with new Yuki:
Spoiler: show
Die 3 times, either on purpose or not, to get your shield regen up to max. This should make the regen high enough to allow you to have 1 shield up constantly (this is the part I'm not 100% sure will not have been changed in most recent version, but I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes). Have the front door shielded constantly, and then just visually check back and forth between the back and side doors. If you aren't having the bug I did where sylph occasionally doesn't show visually when she's at the backdoor then you are basically untouchable, don't even need to bother with the camera.

If you are having bugs, or are running out of shields, or just want to play the game in a bit more engaging of a way, then here's a fairly simple breakdown of the easiest way to approach it:
1) call for battery every time mizu is done delivering one, if possible you want her to get caught by ruby as that's just one less thing to worry about, and even if she's caught you can sustain constant camera use reliably. 2) make a camera rotation of petra>sylph's room>game room>petra, then put the camera down and check each door. if sylph is missing then check the hallway outside her room, if you see her there block the front, if not block the back (or if you aren't bugged and can see her properly just look for which door she's at). If ruby is in the game room and facing the wall with a weird effect around her block the front and don't unblock it until she's gone. if petra isn't in her room, check the hallway outside her room (and if she's not there either then you are fine or seconds away from an unavoidable game over), but with you starting and ending your camera rotation on her she shouldn't be an issue. 3) if you feel you have time, or the witch is giving you issues, add her spots into your rotation (as far as my memory goes, she appears in the basement/garage (whatever it is), in the pool, in the hallway outside petra's room, and in the game room. if my memory is correct then hallway and basement were front door attacks, pool was side door, and game room was back door.) If you find her, then you just need to watch whatever door she's going to attack from, you can sometimes spot her even with the camera up. If you get the bug I did where sometimes wouldn't show in the room before attacking, just make sure to be checking the doors regularly, her attacks are infrequent and have fairly long animations. 4) don't ever check the living room for any reason. there is nothing important there and this will prevent yuki from activating. 5) if you are struggling with speed, set hokeys for each important room and just use those. I don't find it necessary, but it definitely would help.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby 2quick4u » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:06 pm

So happy I finally had the chance to play this. Tough but enjoyable. I wish I could map cameras to a wider scope of keys. So I can more readily FNAF about
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Supersega2021 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 am

Hello um. How do you get those other two pictures for that yuki girl. I got two of them by the lady who freezes me out of nowhere but don't know how to get the other two. Are they even in the game?
Supersega2021
New to the forum

Postby OriginalGangsta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:02 pm

This game is amazing! However, it’s almost impossible to get past night 3. I just want to beat the game and see the gallery. :(
OriginalGangsta
New to the forum

Postby OriginalGangsta » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:41 pm

How the hell do you counter ruby?
OriginalGangsta
New to the forum

Postby WhatTheNani » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:49 am

Supersega2021 wrote:Hello um. How do you get those other two pictures for that yuki girl. I got two of them by the lady who freezes me out of nowhere but don't know how to get the other two. Are they even in the game?
Those are two of the secret scenes, you get those by clicking on oddities that sometimes show up in an area. If memory serves, those two you get from the girl that peeks out of the bathroom in the hallway near petra's room.
OriginalGangsta wrote:How the hell do you counter ruby?
She's pretty straight forward, if you see her in the game room facing the wall with a weird effect around her then block the front door and don't put it down until she leaves. Don't worry about her messing with mizu, it shouldn't affect you at all so long as you are calling for a battery every time you can.
OriginalGangsta wrote:This game is amazing! However, it’s almost impossible to get past night 3. I just want to beat the game and see the gallery. :(
I have a few cheesy strategies that work for me that I've put in previous posts, and I'm pretty sure I have a recent post with all of them detailed in it. With them night 3 should be a cinch, and night 4 just a little tricky.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jackamoco22 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:00 am

Hey is it possible for anyone to upload a save file with custom nights unlocked, I have been trying forever to beat night 4 but I am just not gamer enough. Yes I have looked through the forums for tips and I have used them to the best of my abilities (most were quite helpful) but alas I seem to keep getting boolied.
Jackamoco22
Somewhat familiar

Postby eleventh » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Jackamoco22 wrote:Hey is it possible for anyone to upload a save file with custom nights unlocked, I have been trying forever to beat night 4 but I am just not gamer enough. Yes I have looked through the forums for tips and I have used them to the best of my abilities (most were quite helpful) but alas I seem to keep getting boolied.

The game saves in the registry, so it's not possible to provide a save, and you should really know what you're doing before you try to edit it.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Jackamoco22 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:37 pm

eleventh wrote:
Jackamoco22 wrote:Hey is it possible for anyone to upload a save file with custom nights unlocked, I have been trying forever to beat night 4 but I am just not gamer enough. Yes I have looked through the forums for tips and I have used them to the best of my abilities (most were quite helpful) but alas I seem to keep getting boolied.

The game saves in the registry, so it's not possible to provide a save, and you should really know what you're doing before you try to edit it.

Sheeeeiiiiiit, am big sad
Jackamoco22
Somewhat familiar

Postby SaplingNiraku » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Haven't looked on how it saves to the registry. You could edit it.
I once beaten night 3 but after the difficulty tweak I struggle for some reason. Another thing to get passed it to use cheat engine. Watch a 1 tutorial or do its tutorial and you can easily get passed it by giving yourself infinite shields. Shields is a float starting at 100.
SaplingNiraku
New to the forum

Postby Jackamoco22 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:33 pm

SaplingNiraku wrote:Haven't looked on how it saves to the registry. You could edit it.
I once beaten night 3 but after the difficulty tweak I struggle for some reason. Another thing to get passed it to use cheat engine. Watch a 1 tutorial or do its tutorial and you can easily get passed it by giving yourself infinite shields. Shields is a float starting at 100.

THANKS! Cheat engine worked great. for any others like me who are big dumb the address for the shields is 16EEFFC0
Jackamoco22
Somewhat familiar

Postby ian66613 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:51 am

Jackamoco22 wrote:
SaplingNiraku wrote:Haven't looked on how it saves to the registry. You could edit it.

THANKS! Cheat engine worked great. for any others like me who are big dumb the address for the shields is 16EEFFC0

Most game engines will actually randomize the memory address with each run. I know RPG Maker does, in all versions.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Number-2 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Wow, I'm late to see this one... this game is awesome! Took a while to make it to the end but it was fun. Can't wait to see what else is in store!
Number-2
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game