Vore mini stories [ver 2.914] [Unity] (PC/Android)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore mini stories [Beta] [Unity]

Postby secretish » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:04 pm

Really like the stories, but the music seems really off at parts, especially when it plays the song when one move off from winning or losing the Sanae story, or the song that plays during the Remilia story intro near the start, when she goes "Ugh..." right after the "BAM". They seem so off that it makes me wonder if they are bugging out or something.

Also, the starting screen says an update is available, even though I did download it from the link on the first page, and even reinstalled the stories just incase. Not sure if it's supposed to say that when my version should be up-to-date.

Other than those issues, really like it. Very nice work, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the stories being finished.
secretish
Been posting for a bit

Postby HenBor » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:20 am

Kralle wrote:as said 4 text box
Remillia story:
Gensokyo,2002 Battle on the roof of the Mansion
Remilia Scarlet: Get it!
Reimu Hakurei: Eh?
Bam
Infinite Black screen

Sanae Story:
It was a normal day at the Moriya Shrine
Musical notes
Suddenly, There was a rustle form behind
Sanae: Hm?
frozen picture of the attack

No mouseclick no tastatur only thing i can do is closing the app.

i checkt in the taskmanager how much it uses end it is arround 650MB while it reaches during loading 1000MB but it only reaches 20% Ram capacity and that with Firefox in the background, and yes i try with nothing other than the game
so RAM shouldn be a problem although i am not really good with "finer" computer details

thats the best way i can describe.

Wow, now I'm out of ideas. The failure occurs in a completely random place from the point of view of the code. Although always in the same place. So far, I have no idea how to solve this. Unless i add a console into the game so that you can force the next action to run. If it's not difficult, can you record on video what it looks like? Just upload it to any cloud, maybe it will help me find and fix this bug.
UPD: I rechecked the code, no, it's not random places. These are the places where the effect is played. This was during development, when I made a mistake with the name of the effect and the game stopped displaying anything, reporting an error in the console. Of course, I fixed this a long time ago and checked 100 times that all the stories work well (although it will be able to be observed by developers of custom levels when I add the editor). While I have no idea what exactly causes this in your case, everyone downloads the same stories (including me), so there can be no problem here. But the friend who writes this part of the code has already written that he knows how to fix it, so that at least it does not cause the script to hang. We'll fix it in a future update.
Last edited by HenBor on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby HenBor » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 am

secretish wrote:Really like the stories, but the music seems really off at parts, especially when it plays the song when one move off from winning or losing the Sanae story, or the song that plays during the Remilia story intro near the start, when she goes "Ugh..." right after the "BAM". They seem so off that it makes me wonder if they are bugging out or something.

Also, the starting screen says an update is available, even though I did download it from the link on the first page, and even reinstalled the stories just incase. Not sure if it's supposed to say that when my version should be up-to-date.

Other than those issues, really like it. Very nice work, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the stories being finished.

I play with pitch of music, maybe that's why it sometimes seems strange. To make it more dramatic, I can slow it down or speed it up when things get a bit more intense, like when you're almost out of Reimu. + this music is not of perfect quality (partly I took it from rpg maker), there may be artifacts on good speakers or headphones, I apologize for this, I will try to correct it in the future.

As for the update, apparently the game was not able to download the file with the update data, although in any case it should not have output anything, there is really no update (given that I am currently at the stage of making images for the story, it will be in 2-3 weeks), whether it came out or not can be seen on the name of the topic (I'll add the version number).
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby SnivyXD » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:36 am

i have quick question how do i get this play i just cant seem to get it to play i open it but every time i click in a scenerio it wont play or open anything can i get a explination how do i get it to work
SnivyXD
Been posting for a bit

Postby HenBor » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:30 am

SnivyXD wrote:i have quick question how do i get this play i just cant seem to get it to play i open it but every time i click in a scenerio it wont play or open anything can i get a explination how do i get it to work

I... didn't understand the question at all. Write in your native language, I'll try to translate through my translators
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby nullstuff » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:35 pm

HenBor wrote:At the moment, I plan to implement it with the release, but I will start adding things from it earlier. Keep an eye on the updates. By the way, I will think about how to fix this problem in future updates.
And also, does stories downloading?

Thanks! Yeah, the base stories are downloading and running just fine. It's only when I try to link to patreon that I get an issue, which means I can't play any of the members-only stories. It's a bummer, as I'm excited to play the locked games, but I don't mind waiting. It's definitely a challenging system to implement. By the way, as of now I haven't experienced any bugs beyond the patreon one. There was a moment where the music got kind of strange during the UB minigame, but I'm assuming that was intentional.
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby HenBor » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm

nullstuff wrote:Thanks! Yeah, the base stories are downloading and running just fine. It's only when I try to link to patreon that I get an issue, which means I can't play any of the members-only stories. It's a bummer, as I'm excited to play the locked games, but I don't mind waiting. It's definitely a challenging system to implement. By the way, as of now I haven't experienced any bugs beyond the patreon one. There was a moment where the music got kind of strange during the UB minigame, but I'm assuming that was intentional.

As for the music I wrote above, yes, this is intentional. I will try to implement the system as quickly as possible. Maybe even arrange a preliminary test for patreon. Right now, I'm focused on creating the story of Going home in the Kaguya-sama universe. After that, I will fix all the errors that were reported to me and release an update.

Apparently, something in your system is blocking the creation of the page. Wait, just a guess, but try disabling torrent, or if it is not installed, then put it and then disable it. It's just that the game uses the same port as it does, and in theory they might conflict. And if it is not installed then the system may not understand why port 8080 is so special, because the necessary changes have not been made to the firewall.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby nullstuff » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 pm

HenBor wrote:As for the music I wrote above, yes, this is intentional. I will try to implement the system as quickly as possible. Maybe even arrange a preliminary test for patreon. Right now, I'm focused on creating the story of Going home in the Kaguya-sama universe. After that, I will fix all the errors that were reported to me and release an update.

Apparently, something in your system is blocking the creation of the page. Wait, just a guess, but try disabling torrent, or if it is not installed, then put it and then disable it. It's just that the game uses the same port as it does, and in theory they might conflict. And if it is not installed then the system may not understand why port 8080 is so special, because the necessary changes have not been made to the firewall.

Aha! That fixed it! I actually didn't have my torrent program open, but realizing it was on port 8080 led me to my issue. I had another piece of software that just so happened to host on port 8080. For those interested in how I actually solved it and linked the account, this stackoverflow page was super helpful:
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby HenBor » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:22 pm

nullstuff wrote:Aha! That fixed it! I actually didn't have my torrent program open, but realizing it was on port 8080 led me to my issue. I had another piece of software that just so happened to host on port 8080. For those interested in how I actually solved it and linked the account, this stackoverflow page was super helpful:

Whoa, great! I'll add this link to the header
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby HenBor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:40 am

A little update. I rewrote the gallery system. In the existing stories, everything will remain the same (if only I change it in Remilia's Hunt), but in the new ones I can make not just a list as now, but such a progress map, where the images will have a clear position in a certain background. Here, for example, it will be a schematic map of the city on which Kaguya can pass. I do not know if I will add this for custom levels (the old gallery will be available), because the setup is quite complicated, but maybe I will come up with something.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kralle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 am

HenBor wrote:Wow, now I'm out of ideas. The failure occurs in a completely random place from the point of view of the code. Although always in the same place. So far, I have no idea how to solve this. Unless i add a console into the game so that you can force the next action to run. If it's not difficult, can you record on video what it looks like? Just upload it to any cloud, maybe it will help me find and fix this bug.
UPD: I rechecked the code, no, it's not random places. These are the places where the effect is played. This was during development, when I made a mistake with the name of the effect and the game stopped displaying anything, reporting an error in the console. Of course, I fixed this a long time ago and checked 100 times that all the stories work well (although it will be able to be observed by developers of custom levels when I add the editor). While I have no idea what exactly causes this in your case, everyone downloads the same stories (including me), so there can be no problem here. But the friend who writes this part of the code has already written that he knows how to fix it, so that at least it does not cause the script to hang. We'll fix it in a future update.

So if i get that right, i got somehow beta 0.5 instead of 1.0? but shouldn't a redownload and reinstall solve that? or could a "leftover" data that i missed cause the bug?
Anyway, im glad you found the problem allreday now to wait for the patch.
Kralle
New to the forum

Postby HenBor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:28 am

Kralle wrote:So if i get that right, i got somehow beta 0.5 instead of 1.0? but shouldn't a redownload and reinstall solve that? or could a "leftover" data that i missed cause the bug?

No, it is impossible to get the "0.5" version because I didn't upload it anywhere. Just something causes an error in a specific place where there was an error during development too. I still don't know the reason, but I'll try to do something in next update.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby HenBor » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:41 pm

Given that I only finished the story at 60%, the new update will be a bug fixes and introduce a couple of useful features without new story. The approximate release date is tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore mini stories [Beta (ver 1.1)] [Unity]

Postby HenBor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:36 am

New update released, see changelog for more info.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kralle » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:23 pm

HenBor wrote:
Kralle wrote:So if i get that right, i got somehow beta 0.5 instead of 1.0? but shouldn't a redownload and reinstall solve that? or could a "leftover" data that i missed cause the bug?

No, it is impossible to get the "0.5" version because I didn't upload it anywhere. Just something causes an error in a specific place where there was an error during development too. I still don't know the reason, but I'll try to do something in next update.

I didn't meant that literally :-D
Hate to say it Hen, but i still have the Problem.
could you post a screen that shows wehre the version number in the menu is? i cannot find it.
which makes me think i somehow have a corrupted download, but 7 times in a row?
anyway thanks for the work.
Kralle
New to the forum

Postby HenBor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:42 pm

Kralle wrote:I didn't meant that literally :-D
could you post a screen that shows wehre the version number in the menu is? i cannot find it.

I have already placed version num in the menu in the new version of the game. In theory, now, if the file was corrupted, it would simply not start.
I tried to reproduce this bug with a variety of methods, but without success. I still have no idea what it is, sorry.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kralle » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:45 am

HenBor wrote:
Kralle wrote:I didn't meant that literally :-D

I have already placed version num in the menu in the new version of the game. In theory, now, if the file was corrupted, it would simply not start.
I tried to reproduce this bug with a variety of methods, but without success. I still have no idea what it is, sorry.

V1.1 Fixes and improvements
For the most part, I corrected what you wrote about. The error messages have been changed, and you can now fill out a special form when they occur. Updated the update messages. I changed the gallery system, but it won't be noticeable until Going home is released.Updated the key system, it is ready for testing. I'll start it with the next update. Updated the system for launching levels, if the file is damaged, the game will close, and after opening there will be a notification about the launch error (in the future I will try to do it without closing the game). Now you can hide the update notification, and now updates have a name that will be displayed in the notification. Fixed a bug with connecting to patreon, if you can't connecting, then be sure to update.
And of course the most important innovation - the number of the current version at the bottom of the screen in the menu

Yes i read the changelog, wich is why i ask for a screenshot of wehre the version number is because i can not find it.
Kralle
New to the forum

Postby HenBor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:07 am

Kralle wrote:Yes i read the changelog, wich is why i ask for a screenshot of wehre the version number is because i can not find it.

HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kralle » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 am

HenBor wrote:
Kralle wrote:Yes i read the changelog, wich is why i ask for a screenshot of wehre the version number is because i can not find it.

Yep don't have that...fresh download and all...no version number
could some leftover data that i missed override the beta?

https://imgur.com/a/YFKUvua

hope i put the screenshot up correctly
also the size of the data maybe that can give a clue
Packed :67.4MB
unpacked:295 MB
Kralle
New to the forum

Postby HenBor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:18 am

Kralle wrote:[hope i put the screenshot up correctly
also the size of the data maybe that can give a clue
Packed :67.4MB
unpacked:295 MB

I checked and... Well, file not updated, sorry, i fixed it
Everyone, please, redownload new update, I'll try to prevent this from happening again in the future
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game