Vore rpg 'Gluttony' version 1.0 complete

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore rpg 'Gluttony' version 1.0 complete

Postby Ravencr3st » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 pm

Maybe i'm just moronic, but is there anything to do before the Lamia? I do not understand what in the world i'm doing wrong in this fight, it makes no sense why the first fight has such a bloated HP stat, i'm so confused. It took three fights to down the thing, and the only reason I won is because I lucked out and she missed a hit. I went to essentially zero MP on MC and the second character was down after using double attack every turn. It just makes so little sense to make the first fight essentially come down to RNG, it's the first fight in an RPG.
Ravencr3st
New to the forum

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:16 pm

This was a pleasant surprise. I really like the music (especially the fight music) and that most of the buildings are shaped the same way on the inside and outside (Kristian's house was the only exception I noticed).
As for bugs and errors:
Entering the building at the farm has the screen fade to black twice.
Leaving the inn after pledging your soul to the demon has Maia repeat her little speech about how the thief shouldn't be hard to find.
You can't talk to the child in Mimcia (the house with the mother who complains about him).
You can repeatedly examine a tree in the kitsune woods to get 'you got an apple' messages, but don't gain even 1 apple.
And it seems like none of the dialogue ends with periods. They get question marks, exclamation points, or just end.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby JeebyHeebies » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:31 pm

Here's a little feedback I'd suggest for future developments: try to make the vore part of the vore game some part of the gameplay. When all it is is just a text sequence after a fight that you don't even get to visually see it kinda removes the point. If you could either A: see it happening (which is hard if you don't have an artist) or B: have something actually happen as a result in gameplay, that would be cool. Something I really wish these games did more often is allow eating enemies as an attack in fights, though this works best when you fight more than one. There's also the route Nyan adventures took where eating an enemy actually fills the character's belly outside of battle and it digests in real time. But really anything involving gameplay would be enough.
JeebyHeebies
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:12 am

I'm happy to see another RPG in the works! I played through the first couple of locations (and I will continue playing through to the end a little later), and I've got some recommendations/suggestions/bugs to give as feedback.

Bugs:
-The main character is unable to equip the longsword weapon.
-The old NPC Dmitri in the first town by the bridge sometimes walks straight left in front of the bridge, blocking the player from moving across the bridge. I recommend either removing his random walking movement or widening the bridge to two tiles.
-Something's up with the farmer's house south of the starting town. When the player enters it, the screen fades out for a moment before teleporting the player to the center. There's probably a Transfer Player event firing right off the bat in that map somewhere.

Suggestions:
-The signs around town should be made interactable and give the player information.
--On the subject of flavor text, the game will feel more alive if you add interactivity to more world items. You don't have to add lines for every pile of wood or write a full paragraph for everything, but if there's something that will grab the player's attention such as a statue or paper on the wall, then adding a line of dialog either describing the item or the main character's thoughts on it will add an extra spark to the world.
-The world design (in terms of tiles and mapping) is good, but I've got two recommendations:
--The first is that the interior of the houses don't need to be gigantic. Having them be spacious isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there is a difference in atmosphere between a 15x9 sized room with more empty space than items vs. a much smaller room with the same items packed in and just enough space for the player (and any other NPC's) to move around. The outside of the building should also generally reflect what the player should expect on the inside. It's not bad to have the insides be 2 or 3 times larger than the outside would suggest in terms of tile count, but there was at least one house (belonging to Kristian, I think) that was only a few tiles wide in the town map but was literally too large to be shown all at once on the screen on the inside.
--The second is learning the shift-click trick (plenty of tutorials on the internet) when it comes to laying down map tiles, which allows you to override the game's default pattern (edge vs. center vs. corner, etc.) when laying down the tiles, and can remove any unwanted border lines on the faces of houses, cliffs, or other wall-like tiles. On occasion, these lines do add some visual character so that the entire face of a house isn't completely bland, but it helps to be in control of where and when this occurs. You can also use the shift-click trick to have floor tiles (such as grass, carpet, or fencing) curve into a wall to give the illusion of depth. I've posted an example in the spoiler below:
Spoiler: show
TileExample.png

With the blue carpet, you can see how the bottom trimming disappears behind the wall, which gives the illusion that there is space there even if the player can't walk there. With the red carpet, you can see that it has gold trimming on the top but not the bottom, which also gives the illusion of more space. You have to use the shift-click trick in order to achieve this effect, otherwise the map editor will automatically place trimming around the edges of the wall and ruin the illusion.

-For the vore scenes, I slightly agree with some of the above comments and I would like to see more than just a black screen. If you can't do pictures, that's fine, but you can also use the RPG Maker engine to your advantage: if the main character swallows the lamia by the tail, then show their character sprite walking behind the lamia to where their tail would be. If the Demon casts a wall of fire to block the main character's escape, then have a couple of events for fire sprites turn visible and show the player backing away with a nervous thought bubble over their head. The key is to always show, not tell, when you are able to.

I do see great potential in this game if you keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what's next for this game and wish you the best of luck in your efforts.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby TinTan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:25 pm

Your browser doesn't support webGl. I don't know what to do
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:This was a pleasant surprise. I really like the music (especially the fight music) and that most of the buildings are shaped the same way on the inside and outside (Kristian's house was the only exception I noticed).
As for bugs and errors:
Entering the building at the farm has the screen fade to black twice.
Leaving the inn after pledging your soul to the demon has Maia repeat her little speech about how the thief shouldn't be hard to find.
You can't talk to the child in Mimcia (the house with the mother who complains about him).
You can repeatedly examine a tree in the kitsune woods to get 'you got an apple' messages, but don't gain even 1 apple.
And it seems like none of the dialogue ends with periods. They get question marks, exclamation points, or just end.

I’ll have those bugs fixed soon, thanks for the feedback
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:47 pm

vgove wrote:can you put it on mediafire?

I’ll see
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Ravencr3st wrote:Maybe i'm just moronic, but is there anything to do before the Lamia? I do not understand what in the world i'm doing wrong in this fight, it makes no sense why the first fight has such a bloated HP stat, i'm so confused. It took three fights to down the thing, and the only reason I won is because I lucked out and she missed a hit. I went to essentially zero MP on MC and the second character was down after using double attack every turn. It just makes so little sense to make the first fight essentially come down to RNG, it's the first fight in an RPG.

I always beat it in 1 to 2 tries on all my playthroughs and I didn’t have much of an issue, but other people had problems with it too, so I might take its hp down.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:56 pm

Zalamander wrote:Here's a little feedback I'd suggest for future developments: try to make the vore part of the vore game some part of the gameplay. When all it is is just a text sequence after a fight that you don't even get to visually see it kinda removes the point. If you could either A: see it happening (which is hard if you don't have an artist) or B: have something actually happen as a result in gameplay, that would be cool. Something I really wish these games did more often is allow eating enemies as an attack in fights, though this works best when you fight more than one. There's also the route Nyan adventures took where eating an enemy actually fills the character's belly outside of battle and it digests in real time. But really anything involving gameplay would be enough.

The eating attack would be something I’d explore, and belly sprites aren’t exactly easy to implement. I’ll definitely try, though.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:03 pm

GooInABox wrote:I'm happy to see another RPG in the works! I played through the first couple of locations (and I will continue playing through to the end a little later), and I've got some recommendations/suggestions/bugs to give as feedback.

Bugs:
-The main character is unable to equip the longsword weapon.
-The old NPC Dmitri in the first town by the bridge sometimes walks straight left in front of the bridge, blocking the player from moving across the bridge. I recommend either removing his random walking movement or widening the bridge to two tiles.
-Something's up with the farmer's house south of the starting town. When the player enters it, the screen fades out for a moment before teleporting the player to the center. There's probably a Transfer Player event firing right off the bat in that map somewhere.

Suggestions:
-The signs around town should be made interactable and give the player information.
--On the subject of flavor text, the game will feel more alive if you add interactivity to more world items. You don't have to add lines for every pile of wood or write a full paragraph for everything, but if there's something that will grab the player's attention such as a statue or paper on the wall, then adding a line of dialog either describing the item or the main character's thoughts on it will add an extra spark to the world.
-The world design (in terms of tiles and mapping) is good, but I've got two recommendations:
--The first is that the interior of the houses don't need to be gigantic. Having them be spacious isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there is a difference in atmosphere between a 15x9 sized room with more empty space than items vs. a much smaller room with the same items packed in and just enough space for the player (and any other NPC's) to move around. The outside of the building should also generally reflect what the player should expect on the inside. It's not bad to have the insides be 2 or 3 times larger than the outside would suggest in terms of tile count, but there was at least one house (belonging to Kristian, I think) that was only a few tiles wide in the town map but was literally too large to be shown all at once on the screen on the inside.
--The second is learning the shift-click trick (plenty of tutorials on the internet) when it comes to laying down map tiles, which allows you to override the game's default pattern (edge vs. center vs. corner, etc.) when laying down the tiles, and can remove any unwanted border lines on the faces of houses, cliffs, or other wall-like tiles. On occasion, these lines do add some visual character so that the entire face of a house isn't completely bland, but it helps to be in control of where and when this occurs. You can also use the shift-click trick to have floor tiles (such as grass, carpet, or fencing) curve into a wall to give the illusion of depth. I've posted an example in the spoiler below:
Spoiler: show
TileExample.png

With the blue carpet, you can see how the bottom trimming disappears behind the wall, which gives the illusion that there is space there even if the player can't walk there. With the red carpet, you can see that it has gold trimming on the top but not the bottom, which also gives the illusion of more space. You have to use the shift-click trick in order to achieve this effect, otherwise the map editor will automatically place trimming around the edges of the wall and ruin the illusion.

-For the vore scenes, I slightly agree with some of the above comments and I would like to see more than just a black screen. If you can't do pictures, that's fine, but you can also use the RPG Maker engine to your advantage: if the main character swallows the lamia by the tail, then show their character sprite walking behind the lamia to where their tail would be. If the Demon casts a wall of fire to block the main character's escape, then have a couple of events for fire sprites turn visible and show the player backing away with a nervous thought bubble over their head. The key is to always show, not tell, when you are able to.

I do see great potential in this game if you keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what's next for this game and wish you the best of luck in your efforts.

These are all great suggestions, especially the interactability one. I’ll have to go back and give lines to some objects and use it while making the next areas. Really good advice on all points, thank you.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:06 pm

TinTan wrote:Your browser doesn't support webGl. I don't know what to do

I’ll see what I can do
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:11 pm

vgove wrote:can you put it on mediafire?

I’ll see
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Enteresting » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:16 am

While a pleasantly short game, the concept and world is something that is fairly fleshed out from the get-go, and I am very interested to see more.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Hell yeah, player pred campaign! My kind of game!

Enteresting wrote:While a pleasantly short game, the concept and world is something that is fairly fleshed out from the get-go, and I am very interested to see more.

Is it complete? Or will there be more content later?
Last edited by Turbotowns on Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby CadenGallic » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Just to follow up on the Lamia thing, here's the big issue.

This is the first encounter of the game, first experience of combat. Both characters have no provisions aside from a single loaf of bread, no weapons, no armour and the enemy has poison attacks which gradually lower HP. I did beat the enemy but very barely, this is a tall order for the first fight.

My suggestion? Either put in some other encounters first or give the player more provisions and equipment before sending them off to fight the Lamia, it's definitely do-able but it's a big ask for the first enemy.

Some other general things I want to talk about:
- Game definitely needs some better signposting with where you can move on to another screen, the lake has screen edge sections where nothing happens. It's a minor issue but easily fixable.
- The bald NPC has a tendency to block the bridge if you wait too long, consider making the bridge wider, he was there for a good minute for me.
- I do like the changing NPC dialogue in the starting town after you fight the Lamia and some more rewards, but why is one of those rewards a weapon the main character cannot use?
- Finally, add some more kids to the starting area. If this Lamia was going to gobble up the kids in the town, we should see more of them alongside the adults. I only counted 1.

This is a fine starting point and i'll be posting more findings soon.
CadenGallic
New to the forum

Postby Enteresting » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:11 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Hell yeah, player pred campaign! My kind of game!

Enteresting wrote:While a pleasantly short game, the concept and world is something that is fairly fleshed out from the get-go, and I am very interested to see more.

I'd love to see more of the game, and see it be fleshed out more. Very few Predator and Prey games out there nowadays.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Saesalen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Hell yeah, player pred campaign! My kind of game!

There’s a lot more to the game, this is only the first few towns
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:53 pm

CadenGallic wrote:Just to follow up on the Lamia thing, here's the big issue.

This is the first encounter of the game, first experience of combat. Both characters have no provisions aside from a single loaf of bread, no weapons, no armour and the enemy has poison attacks which gradually lower HP. I did beat the enemy but very barely, this is a tall order for the first fight.

My suggestion? Either put in some other encounters first or give the player more provisions and equipment before sending them off to fight the Lamia, it's definitely do-able but it's a big ask for the first enemy.

Some other general things I want to talk about:
- Game definitely needs some better signposting with where you can move on to another screen, the lake has screen edge sections where nothing happens. It's a minor issue but easily fixable.
- The bald NPC has a tendency to block the bridge if you wait too long, consider making the bridge wider, he was there for a good minute for me.
- I do like the changing NPC dialogue in the starting town after you fight the Lamia and some more rewards, but why is one of those rewards a weapon the main character cannot use?
- Finally, add some more kids to the starting area. If this Lamia was going to gobble up the kids in the town, we should see more of them alongside the adults. I only counted 1.

This is a fine starting point and i'll be posting more findings soon.

I’ll keep these in mind, and I’ll have to do something about the lamia, many people seemed to have trouble with her. The weapon thing is another bug I have to fix, the signposting and more kid npcs is a good suggestion.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:07 pm

I’m glad you liked it
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby daeway » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:26 am

In many of the RPGs I play here, there is a bit of skill involved required to beat the monsters and defeating them is super satisfying! However, in this game, it's just an exchange of blows. Spam the Fire Blast and the enemy will eventually fall. And that is fine, I am mostly here to see how Maia's story goes and who she eats along the way.

And that's another thing, "seeing" what she eats. There are no still frames, no sounds, and only a few lines of text for the vore in the game. The thing about Vore is that it is quite a spectacle. Sure, eating a sandwich is kind of mundane, but an armored heroine using her raw strength and incredible physique to gobble up a lamia bigger than her whole and alive is some pretty awesome stuff! And we got to see none of it.

Lastly, I like Maia. My favorite scene with her is when she reaches out to the gentleman in the bar and gains a new friend in the process. It is especially better that while she is talking to him, her tummy rumbles and she is briefly embarrassed. The guy offers to make her a meal, she obliges, and wolfs down the meal in seconds. The more scenes we have of Maia being her friendly and hungry self would be an absolute treat!

So i have some questions:

Are the fights going to get harder?

Are the vore scenes going to have images and sounds?

Why a demon? I'm a little confused as to what the demon's purpose is seems that Maia is already conflicted by gluttony. Does Maia have to face the demon at the end of her journey and choose whether to eat the demon and hold all the damned souls in her belly, or spare her and even though her contract is broken, she continues to do stuff?
daeway
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game