Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V32I

Postby Manchura » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:21 am

might it be a defecting back to their race triggering invisibly...somehow?
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:56 am

Marpatt wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:To your first suggestion I can tell you the special mercenaries would be out of the question for that since they are exclusive characters owned by people.

Second suggestion, if you mean like creating special mercenary templates based on original races or mercenaries that could be another limited unit or special unit I'm sure that it'd be possible. But if you mean like an actual create your own character menu with tons of options for putting together a unique character then that would definitely be ambitious and unlikely to happen.

Yeah, its alright if you can't edit the lore of the exclusive characters, I was more talking about the normal races (the empires)

To clarify the second suggestion, its more of the former. I imagine you'd just choose whatever race you'd want for their sprite (like a lamia for example) the more important detail is that you can customize their traits separate from the lamia as a whole.

Maybe if possible, they could potentially/optionally be exclusive to their OG race as well? So you could create some extra mercenaries wandering about not having any allegiance. But you could also set up "Empire Champions".
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:39 am

Navien wrote:Is there a list of the races that have breast vore sprites? maybe i'm bad at looking but i just haven't been able to fine it.

I'm not sure if it says anywhere, but from looking in the code, it looks like it's currently Ant Queen, Avians, Bees, DemiAnts, DemiFrogs, Imps, Panthers, Goblins, Hippos, Vipers, Fairy, Auri.

ObsidianSnake wrote:Here's some bugs I've found while trying out V32, specifically V32I.

Gender Traits in Race Editor Fail to load Traits for Male/Female/Herm in text boxes. Adding traits to these boxes and using the "Save Changes" button does not result in altering the traits of the selected race. In addition, entering anything in the text boxes and changing between races using the drop-down menu results in the preservation of that text (which doesn't matter because it doesn't save anyway). It's very consistently reproduced, just open the Race Editor and try it. There's new over-rides in there, maybe the bug crept in with those?

"Unconvertable" units: This one's weird, but occasionally particular units will be reborn as their former (opposite of the predator's) team. This happens while Conversion+Rebirth is active. I haven't managed to reproduce it while only Conversion or only Rebirth, but that may be a coincidence.
Ex: a player unit unbirths an enemy unit named Alice. Alice is then absorbed and reborn, but she's still on the enemy team. Alice has half health and ungratefully resumes the battle. No matter how many times Alice is reborn in that battle, she is never converted.
My suspicion is that this happens when there's a lot of conversion happening back and forth, as I can't reproduce it when one predator is doing all the converting.

As for new sprites and additional customize features on classic ones, I like it all. Some of the tweaks on the old monsters liven them up!

Will get those fixed.

I looked into the second one already, and did find a bug where if the same unit is converted back and forth multiple times it will eventually fail in certain circumstances. I'm not sure if that's the bug you ran into or if it's something else, but if it happens again, send a saved game, preferably any time after the unit is eaten but before the conversion fails.

MasterInventor wrote:Is Alice the Faction Leader? I haven't encountered to this bug yet, but I keep thinking to myself that converting a Faction Leader is almost definitely going to screw something up eventually. ^^;

It should be impossible to convert a faction leader at this point, so you don't need to worry about that.

Turbotowns wrote:Maybe if possible, they could potentially/optionally be exclusive to their OG race as well? So you could create some extra mercenaries wandering about not having any allegiance. But you could also set up "Empire Champions".

Yeah, I'm not sure how I want to tackle that yet.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby JuneSacred » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:23 am

There is a bug when race with bitter trait try to vore enemies and kill them without vore. System don't see fact of that death and fight don't end
JuneSacred
New to the forum

Postby Dragonlord » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:59 pm

Got a minor bug here. The lizards attacked my kobold city and got fairly trounced, even before the unbirth conversion/rebirths were done I still had seven bolds left and only their leader got away. About half way through the bold unbirthed by the leader popped up randomly and got gulped as well. However, once the victory screen passed stating I'd won decisively I was informed the lizards had taken the town.

No clue the cause but thought I'd mention all the details.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby xmarkx » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:21 pm

I've noticed that for CV disposals, sometimes the scat disposal text is displayed instead of the CV disposal text.
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Carne » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to edit a race to make it playable as an empire?
Carne
New to the forum

Postby ObsidianSnake » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:29 pm

Carne wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to edit a race to make it playable as an empire?

Only the replacement feature via the cheat screen, which makes it possible to replace an empire with any other race, including the monster ones. That's the best available option!
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:43 pm

JuneSacred wrote:There is a bug when race with bitter trait try to vore enemies and kill them without vore. System don't see fact of that death and fight don't end

Are you sure it's not just missing, then finishing them off with the bite attack?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:41 am

JuneSacred wrote:There is a bug when race with bitter trait try to vore enemies and kill them without vore. System don't see fact of that death and fight don't end

Okay, got that fixed.

Dragonlord wrote:Got a minor bug here. The lizards attacked my kobold city and got fairly trounced, even before the unbirth conversion/rebirths were done I still had seven bolds left and only their leader got away. About half way through the bold unbirthed by the leader popped up randomly and got gulped as well. However, once the victory screen passed stating I'd won decisively I was informed the lizards had taken the town.

No clue the cause but thought I'd mention all the details.

Hmm, not sure, those kind of bugs are difficult to track down. I'm guessing the battle somehow ended with an attacking unit still alive so it considered them to have won (or rather, both sides sort of won). If you get a save in that kind of sitation I can hunt it down, but it's hard to end up with a save that's late enough that it's guaranteed to happen by pure chance.

xmarkx wrote:I've noticed that for CV disposals, sometimes the scat disposal text is displayed instead of the CV disposal text.

Ah, missed getting this one into my notes, will fix it for the next patch (it looks like the priority isn't set right for some of the messages.)

Patch 33 released, a smaller update with two new races, some sprite updates and some bug fixes. If there's any issues I should be able to get a patch up tomorrow.

33:
Added Earthworms as a monster type. They have a different mechanic where they are burrowed until they attack, and then are surfaced for the rest of the combat. There is a trait that was designed for them (can be used on other races but without any visual indicator) -- Unit starts battle in a protected state, with high dodge rate. On their first attack or vore attempt of the battle, they get a significant bonus to damage or vore chance. After that they become vulnerable, and move slower and have a dodge penalty.
Added an Anthro shark race as a main race, they have a bit of a pirate theme. I did what I've done before with name collisions, the monster sharks are renamed to feral Sharks, and the Anthro sharks are just called sharks.
Added a few hairstyles for fairies (including kind of a silly one that does not randomly spawn).
Added some additional sprites for Harvesters
Fixed an exception related to loading old saves. (If I'd noticed the severity of this one I would have patched it sooner. I think it's completely fixed, now, but if anyone gets an error loading a save, let me know and send me the save so I can fix it completely.)
Fixed an issue in the race editor, where the gender specific traits were not connected to what they should have been, rendering them unusable. (I'm not sure when that happened, I felt like it was working right at one point)
Fixed a bug where if someone with the biter killed someone it would send them into an undefined state, instead of properly keeping them alive, as was intended in the fix in V32. The goal was to not accidentally kill targets you meant to eat.
Fixed a possible cause for unconvertible units that thought they were convertible. (If a unit switched sides several times in the same battle it would fail under certain conditions)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V33

Postby gigaredpanther » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:36 am

Have some computer problems and can't try the new version just yet. But, you know, I was actually JUST thinking about how this game could use more anthro sharks.

Sharkgirls are probably one of my biggest weaknesses. Like I want to make more remarks on this update, but the thought of a shark pirate queen has addled my brain.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby gigaredpanther » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:43 am

.. OH! Yeah, the update. Right. Always glad to see more from this project. My earnest thanks for the continued work! Probably should say that before my mind is fully carried off to sea.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:04 pm

gigaredpanther wrote:.. OH! Yeah, the update. Right. Always glad to see more from this project. My earnest thanks for the continued work! Probably should say that before my mind is fully carried off to sea.

Ah, you're welcome. Honestly you can thank GreenSlime and Micadi for continuing to make sprites.

Fixed up a couple of bugs with the biter trait, one that was quickly reported and one I stumbled on fixing the other.

33A:
Fixed the absorption messages sometimes using ones that made no sense for the context.
Fixed the biter trait so that it properly uses a fixed amount of damage (it was doing full weapon damage, despite earlier attempts to fix that)
Fixed an issue with the biter bugfix that caused the bite to incapacitate them even from full health.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonlord » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:20 am

Alright, after testing the newest version a bit I found no overt bugs, but the new worm race might need to be toned down a tad, especially if they get turned into a player race. That first attack really does do obscene levels of damage (managed to get one to do 57 damage) and while afterwards they're reduced to doing 4-6 damage and moving 2-3 spaces they've already done so much damage and are already among the enemy that they still usually win against most foes. They aren't mantis or jelly fish broken, but they are certainly on the more powerful end of the monster spectrum.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cravingus » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:11 am

I meant to ask: are you gonna keep main race fairies as just a mod or are you gonna add them eventually?

I don't remember why but i had issues when downloading the mod and getting it to work so i just gave up hoping that eventually they would become an actual thing.
Cravingus
New to the forum

Postby benrowe91 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 am

Are there any spells that make a predator spew up his prey? Or makes it more likely they can escape.

Would be a cool addition
benrowe91
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:28 pm

Cravingus wrote:I meant to ask: are you gonna keep main race fairies as just a mod or are you gonna add them eventually?

I don't remember why but i had issues when downloading the mod and getting it to work so i just gave up hoping that eventually they would become an actual thing.

Probably cause the mod is for an EARLIER version. It's no longer compatible. Would be nice if it at least stayed up to date.

------------------------------

Also... y'know, I think we all feared the worst when you announced that you were done with this project(more or less), and I expected someone else to take over chief development. But nothing really changed, aside from you merely shifting focus to your other project.
Turbotowns
???

Postby grozar » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:17 pm

First off, I'll say you got yourself a patron Aurilika.
I've been lurking around for quite a bit (though mostly because I forgot my username on my old account and the aryion forum admins are a bit distant when it come to responding...) and recently made an account to say good work on your two games.
This one strikes me as a lovely combination of X-com and heroes of might and magic, two game I have played and enjoy, all the while implementing the vore theme in a way that makes an interesting mechanic instead of just a gimmick. The game does have that "just one more turn" kick the other games also trick me into though it is a bit simpler. ^^

Couple of version ago I tried my hand at modding vore wars, though I had no prior experience with unity games, it was simple enough for the things I was trying to tamper with just altering values here and there poking at the balance. But I noticed most things ended up being implemented/changed by you instead. With a few exceptions and I'll come to that.

But I have some bugs to be made known, trait suggestions, balance and mechanic suggestions. Take whatever you like from this, as I can not read your mind I do not know what direction you plan on going nor the extent you wish to develop this game. This is your brain child after all.

First up, some bugs/typos(?):
-Voracity scales acid damage big time (magnitude of x10 if I interpreted the code correctly) contrary to what the tool-tips says, might be intended, but I'd suggest changing the wording on the tool-tip then.
-AI take decisions as if is not there fog of war. (this might simply be a case of being deliberate as it might make the AI a bit easy)
-Converted/reformed units who comes off a unit that is vored will spawn outside that unit and not inside it.
-Unchecking the "Race size limits weight gain" in the content menu, does what it says but it also resets once the theoretical max is reached, setting the weight to the lowest after the tactical.

Trait suggestions:
Greedy: There is no reason as a player to get it, no unit (that I've found?) has it, and AI does not consume their own units (though I see there is an auto regurgitate, maybe the case of an escape of hostile from L1 will mean that they don't get auto freed from their ally). I'd suggest maybe some kind of bonus for having a unit being digested, seeing as that phase lack any traits that gives a buff during it. Would make it an option with a clear downside. (maybe something like mana gain?)

On that note, endo has some use to save low level units that gets focused, but a trait that for prey that synergise and gives a buff to the pred while the unit is getting digested (should probably buff the opponent as well as balance?) could give some interesting strategies beyond healing.

An attack of opportunity trait, that when a hostile unit disengages with the unit it tries to attack/vore (maybe two different types?).

Cosmetic:
Maybe as a content checkbox, that after a certain larger amount of digestions at max weights/sizes, weight gains start setting a permanent increase that uses the sprites vore overlays to belly/breast/cock/tail/or whatever might be the case.

Something I tried to implement, though it did not end up as easy as I hoped:
Dual womb as a optional content checkbox for those units with dual stomach, I tried to implement this as a trait by the tried and true method of copy, paste and slight rename. But that was merely my path of least resistance, what I wished to make was to extend the dual container to fit more cases to make the different preference more equal mechanics wise. (though the kuro tenko mod does make it varied)
But dual womb seemed the more thematically suiting to use the extra sprite animations/models of the laima and the viper.

Balance:
Personally I tried to slow the vore part of the game down a bit, I thought the late game plowing through units and speed digesting them to be a bit strong for the heal gained and fiddled with the balance of it.(especially late game)
But what I think is the root of it that is beyond the balance I tried to make, is the nature of the vore skills. They are currently very loaded, the two skills does a lot and personally I think voracity is the strongest of the two, considering as I mentioned earlier, it also buffs up the digestion/absorption rate by a significant amount. All that is needed is enough stomach and then only voracity is really needed for it to be practical.
What I'd suggest is to split the skills into three categories upon leveling: offensive, defensive and vore. Offensive containing: Strength, Dexterity and Mind. Defensive: Endurance(remove health from strenght or it risks getting HP bloated), Agility and Will. Vore: Digestion/absorption rate, Escape chance (removed from Defensive skills), acid resistance (removed from defensive skills), vore chance(removed from offensive), stomach size, contain chance (opposite of escape chance for pred to keep prey), vore avoidance (removed from defensive skill).
Each parent category gaining 3 skill points that can then be distributed into its child-skills (maybe some randomization as it is in the live build without traits and the number is purely theoretical), what this allows is more deliberate player strategies where they have to choose what build they wish for the unit instead of getting it all in one or two skills.
For example, one unit is perhaps specialized in escaping vore and focuses offensively, but it gets weak towards normal attacks and can't vore well on its own.
Or a unit is specialized in vore chance, being good at gobbling units off the board and keeping them down, but does not have good digestions rates, meaning if it gets focused those units will be freed.
Or it is good at digesting quick but the prey have a higher likelihood of escaping
Etc.

Now as for the probably most time consuming suggestion, though I'll admit I have not thought of all the ramifications of this one, I would not be shy to discussing this one as there is probably side effects that I'm not considering.
But right now there is few mechanics for prey, beyond getting removed from play by a pred. Something that I've thought of that could spice it up mechanics wise, would be to implement a pleasure stat.
So that upon getting devoured the prey can toggle pleasure or escape, escape functioning as it does now. But with pleasure no attempt to escape is made, but instead it builds up a lust(?) stat on the pred that has a couple of thresholds impacting the unit, such things could be like getting dazed reducing accuracy of attacks/vore, getting temporarily stunned as they need a turn to relieve themselves for a turn, slowing down digestion and/or stopping it, at extremer levels turning neutral or turn-coating to the other team. Maybe with a chance of side effect trait application of "greedy" or something else to balance it out at the end.

Now I do hope I did not scare you off with all this :)
grozar
New to the forum

Postby peteian » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:34 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Cravingus wrote:I meant to ask: are you gonna keep main race fairies as just a mod or are you gonna add them eventually?

Probably cause the mod is for an EARLIER version. It's no longer compatible. Would be nice if it at least stayed up to date.

Also... y'know, I think we all feared the worst when you announced that you were done with this project(more or less), and I expected someone else to take over chief development. But nothing really changed, aside from you merely shifting focus to your other project.

There are mods? Where?
peteian
---

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:55 pm

peteian wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

There are mods? Where?

Well, two of them are inlaid into the main game(Kuro Tenko is the Vore/Misc Options tab of the Content settings. And Annoynimouse's Extended Buildings mod in the Game Settings Tab of the Create Strategic menu).

There was also a mod a while ago that made the fairies from monsters, into a main race, but it hasn't been updated(seemingly, I'd imagine if it has, the dev would be making recent posts since the original one got buried).

---------------

ALSO! I noticed a green sparkly effect coming off of some of my armies? What's up with that?

Later:

OH! It went away after I leveled them up! Interesting!

grozar wrote:This one strikes me as a lovely combination of X-com and heroes of might and magic...

X-com? XD
There are two distinct traits of X-com's that I think of that sets it apart from most (T/S)RPGs: The unit progression(Instead of levels, your units get "promotions", going through military ranks, that we also can't see WHEN they will get a promotion(Both kills and surviving missions earns progress, but there's no gauge to indicate when they will earn it, the only predictable promotion is rookie to squaddie(if they survive their 1st mission even if they don't fire a single bullet, they'll promote))), and the cover mechanic(the cover mechanic is probably the one that EVERYONE thinks of when it's brought up), Mario+Rabbids could be compared to it, BECAUSE of it's cover mechanic. It'd be more accurate to compare this to Fire Emblem, what with the LACK of a cover mechanic, and typical leveled based progression.

Sorry, didn't mean to critique your praise/comparison, I just take my Tactical RPGs seriously, and when I read that, I couldn't stay silent. XD
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game