Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby markdf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Rai32 wrote:It sounds like your game is trying to call the custom perks mod but cant so it gets stuck, probably a good idea to have an exception handler for it.

There's no "call". CSF responds to a GlobalVariable being set. If CSF isn't installed, nothing happens. If there's crash or freeze, that probably means that CSF is installed but missing its own prerequisites.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Muk378 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Just to clarify, you said that Invidia's dialogue will be incorporated in the next update right? Any idea when that'll be or nah? (sorry if it's redundant, just curious).
Muk378
New to the forum

Postby Merphix » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:58 pm

[/quote] As for adding struggle sliders to them -- go right ahead. Once they're finished, I hope you'll share them here for everyone.[/quote]

DMaF 1.2.7 has creature morphs with struggle sliders. Would porting them be a simple job of dragging the new meshes into the refactor folder?
Here's the 1.2.7 download link taken from the devourment wiki:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0q1xhn6652ah9jy/file
Merphix
New to the forum

Postby Rai32 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:00 pm

markdf wrote:
Rai32 wrote:It sounds like your game is trying to call the custom perks mod but cant so it gets stuck, probably a good idea to have an exception handler for it.

There's no "call". CSF responds to a GlobalVariable being set. If CSF isn't installed, nothing happens. If there's crash or freeze, that probably means that CSF is installed but missing its own prerequisites.

Fair enough, I havent had experience with CSF and made assumptions based on my experience with the game breaking and the fix i did.
Also the issue with multi digestion might be something to do with the new release, which I havent been using due to not wanting to use the bugged acid damage, not sure.
Rai32
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Muk378 wrote:Just to clarify, you said that Invidia's dialogue will be incorporated in the next update right? Any idea when that'll be or nah? (sorry if it's redundant, just curious).

Noooooo. Invidia will, hopefully, update his dialogue mod to be compatible with Refactor. At that point, hopefully, we can collaborate to gut the old dialogue system.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby phrompy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:17 pm

markdf wrote:

I am absolutely confident that I have all of the requirements for CSF installed, and I have no idea why it won't work. I tried moving it to manual, using MO2, it won't change the freeze.
phrompy
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 pm

phrompy wrote:
markdf wrote:

I am absolutely confident that I have all of the requirements for CSF installed, and I have no idea why it won't work. I tried moving it to manual, using MO2, it won't change the freeze.

Do you have an up-to-date version of the Windows DotNetFramework installed?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby phrompy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:34 pm

markdf wrote:
phrompy wrote:

Do you have an up-to-date version of the Windows DotNetFramework installed?

uh, the what now?

Edit: ok, after consulting with google, I checked and I do have the up to date version installed
phrompy
New to the forum

Postby Merphix » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 pm

markdf wrote:I actually did include the Bodyslide sets for creature bodies from DFAM 1.25.

As for adding struggle sliders to them -- go right ahead. Once they're finished, I hope you'll share them here for everyone.

DMaF 1.2.7 has strugglesliders on the creature meshes, could they be incorperated into this version?

Edit: sorry didnt mean to double post. Made an account just to post in this forum
Last edited by Merphix on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merphix
New to the forum

Postby Jayfeather4261 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 pm

I have this strange glitch where whenever I vomit my body disappears and my game starts running at 2 frames. I have everything that's required and am running the 3bbb body.

Nevermind, whatever it was got fixed with the newer versions.
Last edited by Jayfeather4261 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayfeather4261
New to the forum

Postby Chiaroscuro » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:11 pm

Muk378 wrote:Just to clarify, you said that Invidia's dialogue will be incorporated in the next update right? Any idea when that'll be or nah? (sorry if it's redundant, just curious).

So, I thought I’d pop in here to make the announcement that one of the future goals I had with my Dialogue mod was to restructure it to make it compatible with Refactor as well as DFAM (for people that continue to use it, such as those that play on Legendary Skyrim), any future updates to either of them, or any other Vore mod that might ever come along. This will be a very large update, with a lot of other overhauls that would be designed to let me do a lot of other cool things with my mod, and will thus take a while to come out. I had therefore planned to release a much smaller update before then that would just contain a bunch of new content in terms of dialogue and quests. However, because Refactor has become quite popular, I decided to make a poll to decide what I should work on first with the caveat that whichever one I don’t do with this update, will be done in the next update. No matter which comes first, it will be a while before it comes to Refactor. This is basically - as Mark said - gutting the old dialogue system.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Kavvanshrike » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:41 am

with the latest beta my game freezes without fail if I wait after digesting someone. But not immediately, only after the belly has shrunken to it's smallest. I am also unable to bring up the perks menu, although that last issue has been happening to me anyway in the last few versions.
Edit: I thought it was specific to sleeping/waiting but it turns out even if im patient and wait for the stomach to shrink on its own it still freezes the game in the latest beta. Side note: eating people willingly doesn't cause my game to freeze. I said earlier that the game crashed but that's probably the wrong word to be using, the game becomes unresposive and I need to close it manually with task manager, so Id say the game freezes or siezes up when this bug occurs.
Last edited by Kavvanshrike on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby LurkingRodent » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:49 am

Based on the poll results I certainly think that "Become your pred" is a very much enjoyed concept/feature for this mod. I personally voted for it to be kept too. That being said... I 100% understand if you choose to put it aside to focus on other aspects of the mod. In fact, I personally encourage you to tackle the more important aspects of the mod first and I'm sure others feel the same. It would be wonderful to have it working as intended... But I'm sure many understand that it isn't as simple as changing a bunch of settings on your character. Bethesda certainly didn't build their game with the intention of character swapping. And while people who haven't been working on the mod could assume you could copy and paste the NPC appearance using presets in race menu... it turns out it isn't that simple and even I without using code have noticed it isn't that simple. For a preset to work I learnt that you need to be the right gender/race for the preset to be applied correctly at all in the first place... because the preset won't switch the gender/race to match the presets intended form. And once you switch both gender/race to the correct ones it works properly when applying the preset. That being said as far as I'm aware... I'm fairly certain that from what I have heard that only helps fix a visual aspect. Because in reality there is some little code shenanigans in the background based on gender/race that doesn't get managed from racemenu.

The only thing I can think of... to help with the visual side of things for the time being as a work around... is to record the gender/race of the npc predator that got you... then tell the player hey "You were digested by the female redguard 'bandit chief'" Then allow the player to manually set the gender/race and then apply the preset of the npc after the player has finished fixing the gender/race. It is a bit hacky but as long as it works I would be happy with any kind of work around in the meantime to allow people to enjoy the feature but also free you up to focus on more important aspects of the mod.

Of course... my suggestion is based on limited anecdotal evidence so obviously as the developer I would expect that you would use your better knowledge and understanding to find a solution. Just figured I would show you that... less sophisticated options are available as a temporary solution.

Keep up the good work. I am super stoked to see every update that comes out! :-D

EDIT: I will personally be searching for any crude methods that do the job and will let you know if I find anything.
LurkingRodent
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:16 am

LurkingRodent wrote:Based on the poll results I certainly think that "Become your pred" is a very much enjoyed concept/feature for this mod. I personally voted for it to be kept too. That being said... I 100% understand if you choose to put it aside to focus on other aspects of the mod. In fact, I personally encourage you to tackle the more important aspects of the mod first and I'm sure others feel the same. It would be wonderful to have it working as intended... But I'm sure many understand that it isn't as simple as changing a bunch of settings on your character. Bethesda certainly didn't build their game with the intention of character swapping. And while people who haven't been working on the mod could assume you could copy and paste the NPC appearance using presets in race menu... it turns out it isn't that simple and even I without using code have noticed it isn't that simple. For a preset to work I learnt that you need to be the right gender/race for the preset to be applied correctly at all in the first place... because the preset won't switch the gender/race to match the presets intended form. And once you switch both gender/race to the correct ones it works properly when applying the preset. That being said as far as I'm aware... I'm fairly certain that from what I have heard that only helps fix a visual aspect. Because in reality there is some little code shenanigans in the background based on gender/race that doesn't get managed from racemenu.

The only thing I can think of... to help with the visual side of things for the time being as a work around... is to record the gender/race of the npc predator that got you... then tell the player hey "You were digested by the female redguard 'bandit chief'" Then allow the player to manually set the gender/race and then apply the preset of the npc after the player has finished fixing the gender/race. It is a bit hacky but as long as it works I would be happy with any kind of work around in the meantime to allow people to enjoy the feature but also free you up to focus on more important aspects of the mod.

Of course... my suggestion is based on limited anecdotal evidence so obviously as the developer I would expect that you would use your better knowledge and understanding to find a solution. Just figured I would show you that... less sophisticated options are available as a temporary solution.

Keep up the good work. I am super stoked to see every update that comes out! :-D

EDIT: I will personally be searching for any crude methods that do the job and will let you know if I find anything.

The script can already correctly set the sex, race, hairstyle, and a few other things. It also pops up a dialog box to ask the user if they want to open RaceMenu to make changes.

Unfortunately it gets the skin tone of the body completely wrong. It's very hit or miss about facial hair. It doesn't load any of the FaceGen data so the face texture and shape can be way off.
It would require a very serious SKSE plugin to do face copying properly.

Regardless, the feature is staying. Enough people were emphatic about liking it.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LurkingRodent » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 am

I see. It is good to know better what exactly is happening. Thanks. Keep up the good work though. Always happy to see progress.
LurkingRodent
Somewhat familiar

Postby jellman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:11 am

anyone else getting insta-digested every time by any npc? also bellys arent appearing for some reason on my current save, oddly enough if i load an older save the seem to work fine, not the near instant digestion though, thats happening on any save
worth mentioning the instant digestion happens no matter how i tweak the settings too
jellman
Somewhat familiar

Postby LostCause » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:16 am

jellman wrote:anyone else getting insta-digested every time by any npc? also bellys arent appearing for some reason on my current save, oddly enough if i load an older save the seem to work fine, not the near instant digestion though, thats happening on any save
worth mentioning the instant digestion happens no matter how i tweak the settings too

Wait for the next update or downgrade to the previous version, digestion damage is currently set too high by mistake. No idea about the belly issue. Is this the case even when nude? Have you tried changing the belly setting in the MCM to each difefrent option (regurgitating and then re-swallowing each time to be sure) to see if any work? I believe mark made MorphVore the default option in the most recent update so if you haven't set that up it may not display correctly, try setting it to one of the equippable bellies. Could also try seeing what setting your old saves are on and set it to the same on the new save to see if that works.
LostCause
Participator

Postby jellman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 am

while im here ill say that stranger dialog is still very screwy, i still cant trigger the drunken wench set of dialog, and there is a another set of dialog where the in-belly part of it isnt working and is just going to the default dialog for being in a friendly, or lethal stomach, the dialog set is one where the pred is offering to let you have fun in their belly, there are two sets of dialog like this though, so ill try to be clearer, the set that isnt working is the one where you dont get the option "thats part of it babe, but im really looking to be part of you(persuade)" sorry if i worded that a bit weird, or still wasnt clear enough, but its 6:25am and i meant to go to sleep at least 4 hours ago
Last edited by jellman on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jellman
Somewhat familiar

Postby jellman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 am

LostCause wrote:
jellman wrote:anyone else getting insta-digested every time by any npc? also bellys arent appearing for some reason on my current save, oddly enough if i load an older save the seem to work fine, not the near instant digestion though, thats happening on any save

Wait for the next update or downgrade to the previous version, digestion damage is currently set too high by mistake. No idea about the belly issue. Is this the case even when nude? Have you tried changing the belly setting in the MCM to each difefrent option (regurgitating and then re-swallowing each time to be sure) to see if any work? I believe mark made MorphVore the default option in the most recent update so if you haven't set that up it may not display correctly, try setting it to one of the equippable bellies. Could also try seeing what setting your old saves are on and set it to the same on the new save to see if that works.

ill see if messing with that stuff fixes it one more time before i sleep
jellman
Somewhat familiar

Postby jellman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:20 am

jellman wrote:
LostCause wrote:

ill see if messing with that stuff fixes it one more time before i sleep

uninstalling, saving, and reinstalling fixed the belly not working
jellman
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game