Is Vore an Asexual fetish?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Is Vore an Asexual fetish?

Postby GREGOLE » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Asexuality emcompasses such a broad spectrum, and people like vore for such wildly different reasons that answering this question is basically impossible.

Is it possible to be asexual and still enjoy vore sexually? Absolutely! You can be ace and still have kinks.

Is it possible to be asexual and enjoy vore for entirely non-sexual reasons? Absolutely! Vore doesn't have to be sexual.

Is it possible to be allosexual and enjoy vore for sexual or non-sexual reasons? Absolutely! Same as with anyone else.

Hell, it's possible to be interested in one type of vore sexually, and then another type non-sexually.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby quickcrunch » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Slappy wrote:
Silhouette wrote:By most commonly accepted definitions, it isn't.

This is one of the reasons why, when I talk about vore, I refer to it as a fantasy rather than a kink or a fetish. I'd rather not argue with people who think you can't be asexual and like vore at the same time.

Seconded, especially since there are some "fetishes" that can be used for nonsexual, and even comfort related play. Not all fetishes are in this category since there are fetishes that are nothing but sexual, but I have a stern belief that vore can be something both erotic, and something attune to a coping mechanism to escape from, and ignore reality in order to calm down from stresses, and anxieties. If you read the only existing information on vorephilia, it's often mentioned it stems from some sort of loneliness, or wish to become a part of something bigger. Things that aren't always considered sexual in nature by default. Vore is not a very deeply studied philia compared to some other more "worthwhile" ones. (Worthwhile meaning ones that are either very common, and prominent such as feet, or ones that are dangerous, and need studying extensively to help certain individuals seek rehabilitations, and therapies such as children.)
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby Silhouette » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm

quickcrunch wrote:
Slappy wrote:
Silhouette wrote:By most commonly accepted definitions, it isn't.

This is one of the reasons why, when I talk about vore, I refer to it as a fantasy rather than a kink or a fetish. I'd rather not argue with people who think you can't be asexual and like vore at the same time.

Seconded, especially since there are some "fetishes" that can be used for nonsexual, and even comfort related play. Not all fetishes are in this category since there are fetishes that are nothing but sexual, but I have a stern belief that vore can be something both erotic, and something attune to a coping mechanism to escape from, and ignore reality in order to calm down from stresses, and anxieties. If you read the only existing information on vorephilia, it's often mentioned it stems from some sort of loneliness, or wish to become a part of something bigger. Things that aren't always considered sexual in nature by default. Vore is not a very deeply studied philia compared to some other more "worthwhile" ones. (Worthwhile meaning ones that are either very common, and prominent such as feet, or ones that are dangerous, and need studying extensively to help certain individuals seek rehabilitations, and therapies such as children.)

Personally, I think that's just obfuscating the matter, on both counts. There's a whole lot of talk about reasons the philia exists and how it exists outside of sexuality, but it doesn't acknowledge the 'fetish' part of the equation. Ultimately, if the attraction isn't sexual, I'd argue it isn't a fetish, and the argument against 'Fetishes are inherently sexual, therefore a vore fetish isn't asexual' is misplaced.

Furthermore, I kind of feel like it's important to realize that sexuality is a very wild and varied spectrum of all kinds of positions. It's perfectly okay and normal not fit neatly into a perfect label, or even the label of your would-be choosing. If the extreme of asexuality truly is the ultimate lack of sexual impulse or interest, but you feel like you have extremely specific sexual interests, such as a fetish, then maybe you're not as asexual as you thought you were. Maybe you're just close to it, but not quite. Or maybe you're just specifically into your fetishes, and you're whatever you'd call that. On the other hand, maybe it isn't a fetish, and maybe you just think eating other people makes you feel better in a non-sexual way, and you really are asexual.

In that case, this comes off as a crisis of your own identity, rather than the application of the word 'fetish' and its inherently sexual nature.

Would it help to instead rephrase the topic's question as "Can you enjoy vore without any sexual interest or gratification, as an asexual?". I think that'd better fit the assertions you're making.

But, as I mentioned before: "Probably not, by most primary definitions, but to be honest, I don't think that'll really matter all that much to anyone insistent about it."
Silhouette
Participator

Postby Amirkun » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:05 am

I am trying to learn it as well because I have this desire to move there when I get comfortable financially. There are a lot of people who have been dismayed with this kind of decision in the past but I am at peace with it because there are a lot of possiblities that can happen when I move there as well. There are people who are having trouble with that kind of thing because people see Japan and the Japanese language as the worst to learn because of how complex. However, I have been doing well and I love that I can read and write it now without any issue for the simple terms and phrases.
Amirkun
Been posting for a bit

Postby Redicicle » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 am

I've encountered people who at least in the general direction of ace who like vore. Vore isn't directly about sex and in some cases there's non-sexualized characters so... It's possible.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:19 am

Humbug wrote:If you have no interest in sex, you're asexual. Vore can be either sexual or asexual.

If vore gets you off, but you still have no interest in sex, you're probably what people are calling "Gray ace." That's what I am anyway.

Basically this. I lean away from the term "Grey Asexual" just because it's easy to misinterpret, but while I like vore and a lot of erotic concepts, actual sex or even just genitals repulse me. So I always say I'm technically asexual.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Cure4thecold » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:22 pm

I have often wondered about this, and it had made me question who I am and what my orientation, I don't really consider my self, straight or gay or bi or asexual, I just consider my self "me". I find it enticing to see people discuss it in a mature and intellectual way, thank you everyone for your thoughts, opinions & input.
Cure4thecold
Somewhat familiar

Postby eaterjolly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 pm

Hey @quickcrunch you fantaSIZE escape from the macro- and micro- problems of today while you await macro- or micro- cosmic history to play out a bit. You make clever points, so you have less need to give us so many reasons. Friends get in the habit of remembering each other by trying to imagine which experiences apply to that friend.

Has @anyone ever imagined vore symbolizing self-discipline in specific contexts including cohesion of identity (especially asexual identity) ? :D

I adore the logos I find in the Vorecubus
https://aryion.com/g4/view/489591
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tigermouse » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:45 pm

This is like asking if your lips are sexual.

It all depends how you use them.

Some of my asexual friends use vore as a graphic rape metaphor, because I've really needed the exposure therapy and because they care.

And because they're all sadists who get a power trip from turning other people on while they don't feel a thing.

Meanwhile, I've known some people with very high libidos who'd be grossed out if their hard vore horror stories featured the slightest hint of optimistic consent.

Vore is just a palette, filled with many paints. So long as you're getting something out of it, and you respect other people's hard limits? Don't overthink it.
Tigermouse
New to the forum

Postby quickcrunch » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:17 pm

eaterjolly wrote:Hey @quickcrunch you fantaSIZE escape from the macro- and micro- problems of today while you await macro- or micro- cosmic history to play out a bit. You make clever points, so you have less need to give us so many reasons. Friends get in the habit of remembering each other by trying to imagine which experiences apply to that friend.

Haha nice pun. I just give so many reasons since I have a lot on my mind, and like to help those understand. I'm rather wordy, and can't help it. I come from a place where one reasoning might not make sense to someone, so I provide as many as I can so there can be at least one kind of reason that someone may understand. That, and I also somewhat examine those who enjoy such things differently. I came to this forum to both express myself, and hear others points of view regardless of my opinion. ^^; :silly:

I just know sometimes, but not always people can enjoy vore nonsexually. I do agree though with the ones who pointed it out though that it wouldn't quite be a fetish if it was not sexual in nature. So I guess it's either one, or it is enjoyed nonsexually, and thus no longer counts as one. I still feel like ace people can enjoy a fetish though since sex is not always involved in fetishes as mentioned before. That's just how I feel in the end.
I'll stop here since I think I'm just talking a bit in loops now haha!
quickcrunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby eaterjolly » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:04 am

Imagine if the Vorecubus turned into a symbol for asexuals fascinated by vore and anthropology. Whenever in my mind, that portrait always evokes that sensation: fascination with vore and anthropology both synchronous and interconnected. If someone could explain that in lojban, then we might start a movement roflmao :D :idea:
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion