Being the bad guy 1.01 (EvilOverlord)Updated 04.04.2021

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Being the bad guy 0.9 (EvilOverlord)Updated 24.05.2020

Postby Garz » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:02 am

Oh my gosh I love this game, haha. :D I hadn't played it in so long that I'd forgotten so much of it, haha. I spent ages wandering around Vlad's castle wondering 'I'd /swear/ Elea was in here, where didn't I go?'

The changes to the slime boss are fantastic, haha! I love the music change and was quite unprepared for the new stuff. Makes the fight a lot more tactical overall and is a great change. :D

This fact in general holds throughout the game. A lot of the fights have more tricks to them than I remember - clearly you've done some rebalances since the last time I played! In some cases I found myself focus firing down minions ASAP, other times I was splitting my attention between people!

The music changes in general are really well done. As is inevitable, some songs I'm not as fond of, but they generally hit the feel right and that's great. The Giants in particular made that place a lot more intimidating via having the right music, haha.

I, uh, completely missed that it was 'Lupa or Jeeves' for the game haha, so I used Jeeves again like I had done before. I was actually pretty confused where Lupa /went/ as she looked important.

The Diary is a /great/ addition! I'm not sure when it popped up, but I definitely checked it a lot. On the presumption that you can't make a 'characters' section or sommat, It may help to ensure that things get 'completed' so that your incomplete section is more useful - by the end I had a full page of entries sitting in incomplete haha, it made the diary a bit less useful. Still, it is great overall. :D

Heir, Jeeves, Stu, and Hermit struggled /hard/ against the Robber King haha. I really had to stop and reanalyze 'Okay how do I want to accomplish this...' for a bit. It was then strategic and not luck-based when I did win, and I felt great having done so. :D

I fell in love with Benjamin and his farm the moment I stepped there, haha. Don't worry, Marsha, I don't judge. ;) But it's neat to see just... a guy trying to do his own thing.

Because I'm crazy, and unsurprisingly I'm sure, I kept Chuck for a healthy chunk of time (But not all the way to the lighthouse this time haha, I didn't keep his glass jaw around nearly as long as before as I wanted to experiment more :P). But thus, I didn't realize that you could swap around party members until a lot later than I should've! And wow, that changes a lot - now I'm really curious mostly what Vlad and Efriitus /say/ in various situations, and what the differences are. Plus that means you can do stuff like 'three drainers in one party' or what-not.

I do love the added Trivia-ing that's all over the place too! Basically every time someone piped up, it made them feel more and more real. Daggonit Gusto. :P

Chatting with people in the base is also fantastic. I loved hearing what people thought about their allies. Which is again a 'Daggonit Gusto', haha.

There were quite a few a-ha moments when I noticed a mousehole or fire-log in places, and I did like Gusto unlocking doors. It might be cool if you in a localized area removed Gusto or Sirrta or Lilah, had us do a section, then gave them back so we could do the Zelda thing and return for more goodies, haha.

I liked the new pictures! Escaping the Sea Monster is neat, and the catapult was hilarious haha. Clearly an orc came up with that plan. Don't worry, Heir, I'll tell everyone that it was a very manly scream. ;)

Each new area came with a little bit of 'Huh, I'm not sure what to do here, let me explore around', but I rarely ever got really stuck. Although I feel I did some parts weirdly, as for example I never fought in the Arena at all and the plot assumes you did.

The Eris section was /nifty/! I did not expect that at all, haha, and it being more 'zoomed in' than Heir was a very cool touch. And I temporarily got Stu back! :D The madness continues in my bringing not-really-combatant-orcs to the front lines, haha, too bad she can't recruit Glass Jaw Chuck.

Getting back was /hard/, though - it's really hard to leverage Eris into being a useful unit, I feel. She tends to just get beat up on, and it is three turns before she can really kill anything (Transform -> Wrap -> Devour) which is a long time for, say, two bandits to pound her. She probably should either be able to get going much faster, or those commands should become a lot more potent.

Staying on characters for a bit, I did notice that a lot of the characters changed a lot from when I was last playing. They still feel generally balanced amongst each other, though - I had a lot of incentive to swap around people besides Heir. (I also had some incentive to swap out Heir when physical is bad, but even with that he's fairly versatile with that potent Legion Punch such that I tended to keep him in). But thus, I think the characters are in pretty good shape except sadly Gaston, haha.

Sirrta losing her AOE, but getting the powerful two-hitting double fire, makes her an interesting choice compared to the other primarily-mages. She hits a /lot/ harder than Elea, Sheena, or especially Lilah... but then against groups or 'scenarios where I'd like to aim' she is not as good. This is a good thing overall - where Sirrta shines she shines, but she's not always-on.

(Much, much later she did get Darkness, and I gave her the fire ring so she could have AOE flame earlier, but the paradigm remained the same)

Sheena is extremely good - she packs a punch with Quake that is equivalent to Elea's Tornado, and against physical groups or physical multi-hitters Thorns is just the best move, and she has a multi-hitting knockdown, so she's kind of a magic-throwing tank. I feel Sheena is the best character in combat.

Interestingly, I primarily used Elea for her agility/+TP ability, her ice touch that lowers attack, or Tornado spam. There were many cases where big groups would show up, and my response would be 'Okay, girls?' and I'd have Sheena / Elea / Lilah come in and throw AOEs at it until it went away, haha.

Lilah's blizzard hits /way/ less hard than the above three, but Lilah is then valuable for her versatility and general value. I had to gear her with agility gear to get the most use out of magic reflect against some tougher bosses, but the thing about Lilah is that there's basically always /something/ for her to do - even if something is being a healbot for a battle.

To step to the more physical people, Jeeves definitely has been toned down since I recall as he now struggles a bit to do damage. I often had him compared with the somewhat similar Gusto as both are quick attackers, and the Jeeves perk is that he's not as fragile - and Vampire step is quite impactful there, not to mention vampire blood! The Vampire skill itself causing bleed is still vital, although that's another place Gusto matches him as backstab does so too and Gusto tends to not do much in combat besides just whack things haha. Of course, every time I met a new enemy formation, I ordered Jeeves to give me an analyze. :D

To finish off Gusto, he hits like a truck basically forever and is generally useful. I don't find his hide skills to be very useful, though. He does dark blade himself up in rough fights, and I've ever used his decrease atk/def moves, but he's really straight forward. I like tag teaming him with Sheena as she can thorns and become extremely tanky to make up for Gusto being not so tanky.

Talia also hits very hard and thus falls into similar to Gusto. Her moves being super expensive means she rarely did them, however, thus she also fell into 'just an attackbot' in most places.

I didn't experiment too much with the dwarves, but I feel 'slow sturdy attacker' is a slot that was missing, so presuming he fills that role Vadus may be particularly helpful. Vadus' skills aren't super /interesting/, though, which may hurt him.

And that leaves Gaston, haha. I think I needed to heavily hammer his statuses a lot more - but as skills over 10TP are a bit less common to utilize, I never really found a good spot for them. Then his spells are meh - not bad, but certainly not good and he can't AOE rondo like the castier girls. Healing water is also meh - it doesn't heal for much. His one saving grace is the status cleansing that Healing Water brings with it, but Gaston really needs something more to stand out. As is he's not /bad/ per se, just he's sufficiently meh that he rarely feels worth the slot. Usually I'd use him to conserve the HP of my more important characters at best, and would bottom out his MP healing the group just before a boss.

I didn't end up experimenting too much with Eris' group (I wish I had, haha, I just got excited to move forward). Robert joining was a bit of a surprise - if he's able to join you as Heir instead of somebody, that functionality isn't there (possibly due to the Frost blade bug that I listed below).

To hop back to plot stuff for a bit, each 'zone' you go to feels quite distinct! The sharp cut between westeroth and eastoth is very cool - you go from orcs, goblins, imps to centaur, giants, harpies, resulting in a very different feeling. Then again with spiders, dwarves, kobolds. The Giant's zone and Teresa in particular were very well done - both were kinda intimidating! Music helped the giants out with that aspect of things at least.

I /feel/ like I did the kobold/dwarf choice poorly haha, I snuck around the kobolds and got the gem (it took me awhile to realize I wasn't then stuck in there, mind you, as I didn't notice the mousehole until afterwards). I guess that's the nicer of the options (Vadus wants you to kill Bitey, Bitey wants you to kill Vadus, but you can have both of them remain alive if you just sneak around Bitey), but I was kind of expecting the kobolds to come help me beat up the main dwarves, haha. Next time I'll try to just support Bitey to see what the differences are, since I /figure/ Bitey joins you instead of Vadus if you do so?

(Also in that room you can talk to the gold bars and get a popup about them, but you don't actually pick up anything. Is that an oversight? When Vadus joined my team, he did the whole dialogue and then jumped to 'Anyway go back there and get all of it' which confused me. Should I have gone back there afterwards?)

Also wow, uh. My next play will probably be another 'Maximum beef up my army, leave places in tact' playthrough where I try out the people I didn't try the first time, but then when I do my 'Heir eats everyone' playthrough it's going to be rough on poor Eris haha, since I think it'll be just her and Stu. She's tough, though, she can handle it :P

Daggonit Charles, it could've worked out! Granted, you were enslaving my orc bros, but still. I did love how excited the orcs got once they realized it was you, haha. And how excited they got when I dropped their next victim down. :D

Also speaking of neat pictures! The scene where you get the gift to give to the spiderpeople is extremely, extremely creepy, and very, very well done. You did a really good job of playing with people's heads there, and the ending memory was very poignant. I think that's the first time Heir has gotten /that/ angry! I'm being intentionally vague since it's such an awesome scene that I don't want to ruin it for people, haha.

Okay let me shut up here, haha. This game is fantastic :D

(I am using your description of Strong Stuff as my description for orcish ale in my D&D games I run. Nowhere in the list of descriptions will it say 'drinkable'. The taste of the Orcish Strong Stuff can be described as being hit in the face with a brick that is wrapped in barbed wire. :D )

(I also have a /couple/ pictures, and can be way more specific with where I found the bugs/oversights that I'm listing below haha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bugs:
Spoiler: show

- In Lupa's room, you can walk on the bed, and also the mirror
- In the sewers, both Jeeves and Lupa talk when you are facing the slime
- When you go up the ladder out of your castle, if you go in any direction other than down you skip the text and have to go find it. For some reason I never did anything other than hold down before. :P
- If you pay rather than fight Efreetus, you don't get his diary entry. (Um, I then reloaded after talking to him at camp and beat him up instead, haha, so I dunno how long that goes)
- Sirrta's Fire breath's effect needs a space (it says Thiefgot Blisters, not Thief got Blitsters)
- In the 'Dead Coast' (To the right of Vlad's castle through the Fire-log), the corpse there changes sprite when you talk to it from various directions.
- Same with Efreetus himself as a note, he changes sprites when defeated
- There's no Trivia in the jail in Westeroth Town
- Robert seems to give you infinite frost blades

- In your jail, Rah'med doesn't seem to move forward (So you can't choose to eat him later). Also there's, uh, a dwarf in there that I don't remember sparing who also doesn't move forward. (Later I discovered that Teresa and Racuda also don't move forward, and that dwarf is almost certainly warbeard but he showed up long, long before I'd met him)

- Sheesha doesn't get the boat overworld sprite when you're on the boat, which is pretty funny haha.

- Racuda changes sprites when defeated as well

- In the water temple, there's a typo, spelling should be 'Column'.

- Also water temple, the Temple Guardian changes sprites via direciton.

- Yet also in the water temple - I didn't get an orb out of it and I feel like I was supposed to.

- When you take the boat through the previously-blocked channel, you find a place where Sheesha can grow a vine! However you then cannot climb that vine and I believe you're supposed to be able to.

Oversights & Typos:

- When the bandits in the woods steal your money, it says 'Bandit 3' when the three bandits there are A, B, and C haha. So it's unclear which one you have to smack to get it back (It wasn't 'C' in the specific example I'm mentioning). The thieves and hellish guard dogs are way more clear since they then actively defend (So you know who is doing it)

- It's not clear that Elea will stay behind if you bring Vlad until she does (that conversation route is a little confusing). Now, this also isn't a huge problem since you can then talk to her and swap back, haha, but it is a thing.

- Heir talked the moment Eris stepped out of her tent when I was Eres. Heir isn't /there/ so clearly that's an error haha.

- When Eris recruits Stu ( :D The insanity continues! ) you can go 'talk' to Stu again by talking to his forge.

- The moment you step into the mountains, there's a sparkly on a tree behind a fire-log. You can talk to the tree from the cliffs above it, haha, bypassing the need for Sirrta as an oversight.

- When you meet with the centaur chief, there's no trivia there! (Of course I checked, I love Trivia haha) It didn't seem to break it though - next time I could I did trivia and it worked fine.

- The right tower key in the mage academy. Jack's lines to Lilah are flipped - he mentions you need the other key first, /then/ gives you the key haha.

- Teresa changes sprites when you beat her

- One of Teresa's room is 'Bat', not Bath

- You can't activate the button-maze underground temple. You can get to the end but then clicking on it doesn't do anything.

- Also when you /leave/ that temple, you end up going out the wrong temple - you end up past the wall when you clearly shouldn't (and at Amnis' temple). Or at least I /presume/ this is incorrect - going through Amnis' temple does port you back?

- Relatedly, Amnis doesn't disappear when you talk to her, thus letting you get multiples of her bracelet

- The Trivia should probably change when you've cleared the pathway left of Fiishis, as you absolutely can go that way at the moment.

- In the upgraded camp, the Orc Smith notes 'Talk to me across the counter if you want to buy something'. He means 'Go talk to the other orc if you want to buy something'.

- A mild typo, Lilah when asked about Jeeves notes 'Sometimes he do smile a little bit'. She means sometimes he /does/ smile a little bit. Also, is she supposed to give the same statement as Sirrta towards Gusto? (I can see him attempting to get at her underwear too, it's her kicking him that surprises me haha)

- Efriitus' first line is 'I have no interest in him'. I figure there's supposed to be an (About Jeeves) in there, or maybe a line is missing?

- Another mild typo - Talia when speaking to her in her room notes 'What I will once I have gathered enough gold'. That should be 'What I will do once I have...'

- You can tramp all over the furniture in Gaston's room in your camp

- Talia's ability 'Pirate Chanty' might mean 'Pirate Shanty', unless it's a pun on Chant in which nevermind haha.

- The Glacier Shield that Tunmor gives you is counted as an armour, and not a shield. (Also Tunmor is really cool!)

- The area in the orc mines, right before the healing area, has vines you can use to climb onto the wall.

- In the elven village, you can infinitely loot the life savings

- In Southlandia, if you talk to the captain a second time the game locks. I presume this is because he tries to walk to the right one more time and it's set to wait until he finishes doing so, heh.

- In the dwarf city, in the room with the dwarf prisoners, the bottom right door changes sprites when talked to (Before you have the key to open it). It doesn't open so this isn't gamebreaking, haha, it just looks weird.

- Dwarf captain also changes sprites

- Super minor, but when you're in the dwarven forge in the beginning of the lava dam, there's a staircase leading to the upper level. If you walk down below (in the shadowy area), you can then just walk directly to the upper level by going left, which looks really funny haha. The easy solve for that is to extend the stairs literally one more tile.

- Also there, you can walk on the cooler looking lava when you probably aren't meant to be.

- Also there, Heir says 'It would be a realm shame if...' he means 'Real shame'.

- More mild typos, the screen after Jeeves Trivia states 'inbetween' with no space.

- During the /rather intense feeling/ fight with Warbeard, haha, it spams the screen with [A TINY GOLEM APPEARS!] when zero or one would show up.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:51 am

I really enjoyed reading through your comments Garz.
I am glad you appreciated the music as I spent quite a lot of time on that bit.

All your feedback is well appreciated, the typos, bugs, oversights, etc.

This will definitely keep me busy.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Bright » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:51 pm

@Garz

1. Lupas room:
Fixed with events.

2. Sewer slime:
Fixed with conditional event.

3. After ladder story event:
-Added more events to run into.

4. Efriitus joining.
-Added script journal call where it was missing.

5. Sirrtas fire breath.
-Added space.

6. Dead coast sprite.
-Used Direction Fix.

7. Defeated Efriitus:
-Direction fix.

8. Trivia in Jail.
-It seems to be there in my version.

9. Robert giving out frost blades.
-Not sure how you got multiple, but added in some conditional events that should prevent it.

10. Jail- Approach turned on on sprites that didn't have it.

11. Warbeard had the wrong event activated.
-Now fixed.

12. Sheesha not turning into a ship.
-Fixed event.

13. Racuda changing sprites.
-I didn't have a sprite that fit, so I just picked the closest one.

14. Coloumns.
-Now Columns.

15. Water Temple boss.
-Direction Fix.

16. Should be able to get a Water Replica gem in current version at least.

17. Vines not walkable.
-Tiles get their walkability from the tileset, not anything in the event. A change in the tileset fixed that.

18. Bandits in the woods.
-Event changed slightly.

19. Elea/Vlad text unclear.
-Text made clearer.

20. Heir talk on Eris event.
-This should now only trigger when Heir is in the party.

21. Stu talks with forge.
-Added text.

22. Accessible tree.
-Tree no longer accessible through above.

23. No Centaur trivia.
-Added centaur trivia.

24. Lines flipped when teacher talking to Lilah.
-Lines flipped back.

25. Theresa sprite change:
-She's lying down. I don't have another sprite that looks that similar.
Possible future thing I can work on, but not prioritized.

26. Bat
-changed to baths

27. Not sure what you mean here. The buttons in the maze seems to work.

28. In the current version the travel event should be correct for Amnis temple.

29. Amnis should disappear as well.

30. Trivia changed.

31. Orc smith text changed.

32. changed statements slightly in the talk.

33. Fixed typo for efriitus.

34. Fixed typo for Taila.

35. Table no longer walkable in Gastons room.

36. Chanty is a typo, but I think it is fun enough to leave in as it is.

37. Glacial shield now considered a shield.
-Glad you like Tunmohr.

38. Vines no longer climbable in caves.

39. Lifesavings now only lootable once.

40. Southlandia captain
-Set moveroute to. "Skip if cannot move."

41. Doors are now set to direction fix.

42. Dwarf captain
-Direction fix.

43. - "Super minor, but when you're in the dwarven forge in the beginning of the lava dam, there's a staircase leading to the upper level. If you walk down below (in the shadowy area), you can then just walk directly to the upper level by going left, which looks really funny haha. The easy solve for that is to extend the stairs literally one more tile."
I am not sure what you mean in this.

44. No longer walk on cool lava. Changed tiles slightly.

45. Typo fixed.
46. Typo fixed.

47. Warbeard battle changed. Mini golem encounter only happens once per battle per golem instead of message per turn.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Garz » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:45 am

I've only just started a new game to try out the other characters, haha, but the music choices have definitely paid off. :D

Man this game is fun. Not having Jeeves is going to be weird, haha. And I'll be sad to give up Chuck immediately, haha, but it's for the good of the cause. Sorry, orc bro!
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Garz » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:51 am

Okay, that's playthrough 2! Now I'm done for awhile, haha, I just really wanted to try out the people I didn't before. ^_^ So early on, I cycled my way to Efriitus, then Vlad, and my team was Heir / Lupa / Efriitus / Vlad for most of the game, and I put a lot more emphasis on really exploring around as Eris.

This also resulted in my doing a bunch of little things that I hadn't noticed before! For example, I didn't notice Hermit's potion quests at all my first time, heh (I did most of them as Eris). Hermit is clearly using you to get drunk.

And step one, um.

Man team Eris /struggles/ without Efriitus and Vlad, haha. Due to them being elsewhere and Sirrta/Elea being a little buggy feeling, my team for most of it was Eris/ Stu / Robert/ Ooluuf. (I didn't realize hermit could join you until a bit later - Hermit would have helped through enabling Stu and Robert to do their thing more often and explosives).

This really outlines that 'Eris is really bad' - her devour misses a lot, and since it takes three turns to use it it's really painful when it whiffs, and when it hits it's only maybe worth the three turns of work it took to get there since, well, Eris is really bad. She doesn't hit very hard and isn't terribly sturdy. Hypnotise is okay, Shed Skin is meh since when you'd want to use it, the status is one where you can't move haha. I ended up giving her the Fire Ring and having her spam that. It is particularly rough that she walks in at level 3, alone, standing in an area which expects you to be higher level than that! Regenerate is kinda useful, but man.

Stu and Robert are then very similar units - both basically strong attack everything, and if they get extra TP from somewhere they do other things, and both are quite sturdy. These two basically did all the work haha, Eris and Ooluuf spent a lot of time throwing potions at the two of them since good lord. Robert walking in at high level also helps. Robert is clearly the better of the two since you can't adjust Stu's equipment, so you can give Robert his own Frost Sword and a Spiked Shield and leave him and his orc bro to rampage.

Ooluuf is then way too fragile for the little bit he brings to the table. Neither of his reaper moves hit very hard, Harvest at 20TP is a bit rough to get at, and he's so fragile that he tends to die immediately even when he's got a lot of HP left, haha. There were many times I'd get into a fight against multiple enemies, key in harvest, and he'd die on that round - somteimes before he'd use it, sometimes /after/. I have never used 'Get Back Here' since if someone in my team is dead, it's Ooluuf.

So man, this team made life difficult! I intentionally left a lot of things to do as Heir (For example, I didn't go deeper into the volcano, didn't recruit Sheesha, yadda), and basically everywhere I want was a struggle against mildly tough randoms if I fought any. Since I know you 'normally' aren't supposed to get Sheesha with Eris, I tried to avoid using her a bit - but good lord is she a godsend with 'I am sturdy, walk in level 20, and have quake and thorns' haha.

Hermit is more fragile than Ooluuf (So he also died a lot), but explosive concoction is good, mana potion is fantastic, action potion is fantastic, and being a walking shop is rather useful. so he was extremely valuable whenever he was alive and thus felt a lot more worth the party slot. Also, while unrelated to his skill in battle, You have a limited window to take Hermit to his 'rival' in town haha, it's great. :D

Things got a lot better on Heir's end of the cycle. Heir / Lupa / Efriitus / Vlad is a solid party - has to rely on items for healing in combat, but they're generally useful.

Lupa is /very/ good of a unit - particularly as Jeeves was having issues doing damage and Lupa is just as fast if not faster. She definitely feels more fragile (both statwise and due to lack of Vampire button), but her hayuge damage more than makes up for that. The main two moves I used were Wolf-up and Wolf Stance - counterattacks are really useful even at a kinda expensive 25TP, and buffing herself meant she'd just hit so hard haha. I should probably have pumped her luck for more critting.

Anyway, Lupa is great and very strong, to the point where I feel Jeeves might need a bit more love to keep up with her, haha.

Vlad then did a great job of 'I don't have Jeeves' as Vlad can himself cause bleeding. You get a lot of good swords, Vlad is stronger than Jeeves (or at least has significantly fewer damage issues) and is just overall a strong package. It helps that he walks in at a pretty high level (I think 15?). So Vlad is really good! In direct competition with Elea, I could see a Jeeves/Vlad core squad double draining things and thus keeping themselves alive very well - Heir/Jeeves/Vlad gives you three units who can be at least somewhat self-sufficient (Unless facing down undead). Elea has strong AOE, though, and different utility with debuffs... but Vlad's status is also useful when it comes up. Still, he feels like he's in a good place, and I missed Elea periodically.

Efriitus, yigads haha. He walks in able to detonate the world and that's fantastic - you do miss Sirrta's healing, but both Sirrta and Efriitus have the job of 'blow up things with fire' and Efriitus does that better, so he's probably better. This then compounds itself when Efriitus learns Flame II relatively early on, which just hits /so/ hard haha. Efriitus is pretty thoroughly better than Sirrta, I feel. Both also can gear up for doing some good melee DPS as well, and Efriitus does have the caveat that if you're spamming Flame II then you're going to need some MP restoring items - but he hits so hard that it's worth it (and if you just use flame and dual fireball then he's using the same MP costs as Sirrta anyway, which still makes Efriitus the better unit).

Efriitus basically whomped the Vlad encounter by himself due to Vlad being weak to fire, and then the two of them and Lupa rampaged the game for awhile as they're really quite strong. Although it was rough not being able to do most of the elea-floats and sirrta-fire-logs haha. I went back and did some of them just to do them, as a note, so it was kinda cool. They do put a bit of the zelda-esque 'Oh I need to come back here with [this] instead...' which was neat itself - I was noting that it was a thing earlier, haha.

(I also, with Eris, ran into a number of locked doors that made me miss Gusto. Who was off plotting to raid Teresa's underwear drawer. :P )

This bug is then listed below, but Vlad was not in the Sea Monster - Elea was, and when I went back to camp I couldn't swap back to Vlad haha. So starting from the Sea Monster I put in generally-Lilah until I got Bitey. My first time I swapped party members a lot, but it was cool this time to generally lock myself to one party and really see their strengths and weaknesses. Of course, I definitely missed having Vlad for awhile haha.

Bitey seems more interesting than Vados. His two breaks being 10TP mean they're more usable, although he essentially doesn't have much use for his MP as utilizing the breaths single target doesn't feel very useful. 25 and 50 TP are way too much to see them, haha. I didn't use him for terribly /long/, though, so I dunno if he learns new moves upon leveling up. Still, him being quick-and-strong and not fragile is a thing, but it's not like Vados is /bad/ either. I do feel Bitey could use something that's more commonly usable, though.

In final things, I did like the quests for the new hermit-potions! Many of those were interesting (and a couple were buggy haha, but that's okay), and it got me to keep an eye out for, say, popsicles. At the precise moment, trekking all the way back with faeries is a long walk but for a kind of neat effect. The King of Southlandia's solution to the army was pretty intense too, haha, I definitely didn't expect that, and this time even though I knew it was coming it still didn't diminish from how neat it was ^_^

This game is really fun. Both times I went with gauntlets because LEGION PUNCH, and you do hit a point where I'm using a really old gauntlet and have a bunch of stronger weapons, so actions in between legion punches are much weaker than if I was weilding a real weapon haha. Daggonit giants, don't make me a new sword, make me a new gauntlet!

And a lot of little things entertained me this time. I love everyone begging Heir for a stuffed animal, haha - Elea was so honest about it, and I'm now wondering what exactly Gusto was going to do with his (...nevermind Gusto, don't tell me).

I want to give the extra note that the Harpy zone's music is particularly good! Snazzy!

This is the second time that the Shieldwall reminded me that Overlord's Force is a physical attack. Poor Heir taking four counters to the jaw, haha.

And finally, 'Young Woman' in the town of Starting is my favori... second favorite non-combatant NPC, haha. Don't worry, Benjamin, you're still #1. :D (Chuck fights, however technically, so he doesn't count) (She doesn't give you a +1 to legion popup, as a note)

Now, I probably should go through one more time, put away my gauntlet, and eat/kill everybody, but I'm a bit worn out now haha. Still, that was super fun. :D

So one last slew of bugs/oversights:
(I do again have pictures for a few of these things if my description is unclear)

- When Heir meets up with the initial slime with Lupa with him, I think a lot of conversation is missing as he jumps straight to 'Well, it moves or it dies'.

- Lupa doesn't have a sniff against the Two Hornets formation

- When you /have/ the key, Lupa still notes 'Seems to be locked' to the Sunshine Castle's door

- The 'Shop merchant' ability is usable in battle. It doesn't /do/ anything, but you probably should set it to out of battle only.

- You can gear up Chuck! I never noticed this the first time haha. That said, you /probably/ want to lock his equipment the way you do to the other temporary characters

- Jeeves talks instead of Lupa in numerous places. The volcano's first screen (Speaking to Heir), and after the orc ruin's Gork the Ork book (Which I CONQUERED, in all caps), sign post in town, when talking to Haraxqul (Also Lilah doesn't mention anything here, which is... not unreaosnable but is less cool haha), going into the well in Dysert, when fighting the Haunt by the dragonslayer, In the prison in Dysert castle the skeleton, in the conversation with Eris after you beat Rah'med, in Eastoth in the rich man's house when talking to the woman, after sparing Eowold.

- In the volcano, the two imps on either side of Efiitus don't specifically say '+1 to legion'

- *Splutters* You can cast fire weapon on /other people/?! Haha, daggonit I guess I literally never used it once. :P It probably should say 'target' gains fire attribute then, not 'user'. (Unless the intent is that it's self only, upon which it is bugged)

- Robert talks about telling 'Vlad' how he met Heir... when the person in front of him is Elea, haha.

- In the human town's tavern, Heir notes 'Hold me Jeeves or I might do something rash' even if you don't have Jeeves. (Although you know, it might then be okay to have him mention Jeeves in particular and have Lupa correct him, heh)

- If you have Lupa observe in the farmer's section, you soft lock as she keeps repeating the line over and over again. Good thing I save a lot, haha.

- Lupa also says Coloumns in the column room.

- I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, but while Haine says 'I can sell to you if you talk to me from across the counter', you don't have to do that and in fact nothing special happens if you do.

- The lighthouse to the right of Haine - the flame needs a direction fix

- This is not a bug per se, but in the Dysert the Captain is still wandering on the docks complaining that his men are probably still in the tavern while you're attacking, haha. He probably should be a little more concerned with the monsters around. Or at least Lupa should comment

- There's no Observe in the room uh... the right room that is normally gated off in Dysert castle. I have a picture for this one as this feels like a horrible description haha. The room on the right side of the courtyard with wooden columns.

- In your home castle, you have to press enter to go talk to the goblin crone (It's not 'on touch')

- As Eris, the imp scout that she tells 'take a scouting run around the camp' soft locked me. I think it's because he happened to wander near the left edge of the map, so he couldn't move further left (so a 'ignore if cannot move' situation)

- As Eris, when Robert joins your party he remains visibly sitting in his chair. You can ask him again to join in fact although this doesn't do anything.

- As Eris, Elea just doesn't join Eris if Heir has Vlad. If Heir has Efriitus, Sirrta will join with Eris, but that puts Efriitus into her spot (and then you can talk to Efriitus to recruit him instead of Sirrta). So both are a little buggy.

- You know, Stu has a blank command below his 'Special'. You can go select it, though, which is weird.

- As Eris, the fires in the volcano all change sprites when they change directions instead of just staying fires.

- Eris' shed skin displays the text [Eris uses Chakra!]

- As Eris, when you enter the deep woods the screen darkens (This is usual), but when you leave it doesn't brighten back up (This isn't).

- Eris can go revive one of the dead orcs in the orc ruins, and Heir talks when she does so.

- Heir has still conquered the Gork & Orc book in the orc ruins. Excuse me. CONQUERED. :D (Same with the G&O book in Hassad's old hideout)

- As Eris, Heir is 'just passing through' . Heir in general speaks around that church and also at the grave outside.

- If you go to the camp by westeroth for the first time as Eris, Heir speaks.

- The sign south of the Dysert Forest should probably say 'Northern Dysert Forest' and not 'Dryad Woods'

- I /think/ the Captain on the shore in Dysert is one of the people you're supposed to have beaten up as Talia, right? If so he probably shouldn't be in Dysert once you've beat him up

- Back to Heir, Elea is in the sea creature! Which is a thing given I didn't bring her with me :P
To continue this, when I then went back to the bar I couldn't swap Elea out for Vlad again haha, so Vlad just vanishes if you take him to the sea serpent. (Elea, who is in the bar, just notes 'Shall we go on an adventure? I didn't recruit Elea as Eris, as a note)

- Efriitus is there, though! HOwever when you recruit him, he remains wandering around the map and can be spoken to again.

- Jeeves talks at the skeleton within the sea monster

- Typo: On the way towards Guttia in the sea monster, Gusto says: 'Suppose we could build use it to build a float and escape'. The initial 'build' is not necessary

- In the fight at the trapper camp, it opens with 'Trapper strangles one of your party members' but then he doesn't. (Or maybe it missed?)

- The cage in said camp needs a fix direction

- Slight typo: When Lupa Observe's in front of the harpy nest, Heir states "We're not here to make omelette', there should be a 's' at the end of that. (Or it shoudl read 'an omelette')

- A chunk of tiles in Olis' temple aren't slippery, so you can walk partway through instead of finding the right ice path.

- No observe on 'speak to centaur chief' screen

- The drunkard changes sprites when you talk to him

- In the left academy building, on the bottom floor, Lupa should probably say 'Down here' in weeks or something similar. By noting 'nobody seems to have been here in weeks' it kinda implies 'in the building', which is wrong since someone is upstairs haha.

- You can stomp all over the table in Teresa's room whne you're regular size. Like a Kaiju or something. :D

- In the thieves' hideout, you can stopm all over the holes that they were going to push rocks down from.

- Lupa has an observe in the blocked path that should probably change (just like Jeeves' haha)

- If you recruit hermit as Eris, um, he's still gone when you get there as Heir.

- Stu, I just noticed, says 'You don't have any appropriate metal to work with' twice.

- Sheesha is also gone! I recruited her as Eris, and well, now no Sheesha for Heir haha. Recruiting people as Eris is dangerous apparently!

- It is interesting that Efriitus can't help Tunmor haha. I am totally accepting of him not doing the fire-log thing taht Sirrta does (He seems like the 'that is beneath me' sort of arrogant) though, haha, and this might not be an error for the same reason.

- When you're trapped by Charles... when you go back into that room, the orc is now blocking the way out, soft locking you. This is true regardless of whether or not you show mercy or choke him.

- Charles says 'don't take it personal', he means personally.

- If you drain Charles, he needs a direction fix. ALso you can stand on the hole he drops you down.

- If you don't peg the giant eyes in the cave, they're still there after you beat the boss. Which you know, I suppose isn't intrinsically a bug haha, maybe there's more than one.

- At the entrance to the elf woods (Screen still has the swamp), there's a half-tree there that shouldn't be there (Just the top half of the tree exists, heh). Zone is called 'West Swamp'

- On the east side of the gates to the elven village, you can stomp all over the cocoon'd elves

- I think Hermit's special potions are a bit wonky - a couple of them are only usable /out/ of combat. Which actually was kind of interesting utility for 'walk into a fight with an attack buff', haha, but I don't /think/ that's the intent. (I can go be more specific if that's helpful)

- If you have Bitey in your team you can then go kill a kobold somewhere and fight Bitey with Bitey still remaining on your team helping you kill himself. Which is hilarious, haha, but also clearly unintended.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:18 pm

A lot of much appreciated bug hunting Garz.

As Eris, Elea just doesn't join Eris if Heir has Vlad. If Heir has Efriitus, Sirrta will join with Eris, but that puts Efriitus into her spot (and then you can talk to Efriitus to recruit him instead of Sirrta). So both are a little buggy.

Having a bit of trouble of figuring this one out. Might check more into this later.
Typo: On the way towards Guttia in the sea monster, Gusto says: 'Suppose we could build use it to build a float and escape'. The initial 'build' is not necessary

I'm not finding this.
In the fight at the trapper camp, it opens with 'Trapper strangles one of your party members' but then he doesn't. (Or maybe it missed?)

I can only assume the target missed.

1. Ooluf:
Added more evasion.
Added Resistance against physical damage. (since being a ghost and all.)

2. Elea:
Sea monster should be fixed now.

3. Slime conversation – fixed.
4. Hornet sniff. - Fixed
5. Hermit shop – Now only accessible from menu.
6. Chuck Gear – Now fixed equipment.
7. Added a bit better starting equipment to Ooluf and Chuck.
8. Robert Elea talk. - Fixed
9. Hold me Jeeves – fixed.
10. Lupa Observe soft lock at farms- fixed
11. Lupa coloumns – now columns.
12. Haine text fixed.
13. Lighthouse flame – Direction fix.
14. Dysert Captain – Now complains.
15. Observe in Dysert- added.
16. Goblin crone room- added touch event.
17. Imp scout – set to skip if cannot move.
18. Added some text for Robert if he's in your party.
19. Fixed fire sprites in volcano.
20. Removed empty skill type from Stu.
21. Tint effect added to blown outpost to counter dark forest tint.
22. Eris now comes with a comment on Gork the Orc books.
23. Efriitus now disappears when he's supposed to.
24. Dysert forest sign changed.
25. Seamonster skeleton – Jeeves/Lupa text.
26. Cage in raider camp – direction fix.
27. I think I have fixed the slippery bits in the temple.
28. Observe when speaking to centaur chief done.
29. Drunkard direction fix done.
30. Changed Lupa observation slightly in mage academy building.
31. Theresas room – fixed tileset.
32. Thieves hideout holes blocked.
33. Lupas observe in blocked path changed.
34. Hermit returns to camp once the siege is blocked now.
35. Sheesha can be found outside of Desert camp if recruited by Eris.
36. Dryad can now also be found outside of Desert camp if recruited by Eris.
37. Moved orc in mine slightly as to avoid lock.
38. Drained Charles now has direction fix.
39. Half tree removed.
40. Cooconed elves no longer stompable.
41. Setting buff hermit potions to be useable in combat only.
42. In a showdown against Bitey, they will now leave your party.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Garz » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:18 pm

The Gusto build build typo: https://aryion.com/g4/view/676611

Those changes should help Ooluuf a lot, haha.

I'm actually a little surprised that I never really thought to try out Ooluuf, too - I kind of forgot he was a thing once he joined up. Which is yet more reason the Eris section is neat, haha, having 'a second party' gives you incentive to try out people you may have been ignoring.

You said 'had a bit of trouble figuring this one out' about people joining Eris. Do you mean that I was unclear about the problem, or do you mean that coding it is proving tricky?
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Garz wrote:
You said 'had a bit of trouble figuring this one out' about people joining Eris. Do you mean that I was unclear about the problem, or do you mean that coding it is proving tricky?

This is the point in the game where you pick up party members from the pub, but I am not sure on the best method on how to improve that. It's the difference between patching the cracks or pulling it up by the roots and replanting it.

It might have been wiser have them sit at different tables now that I think about it.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Yoinkedmyyeet » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:56 am

Really nice game!
A bit more variety with vore types would be great but i'm really enjoying it and it might be implemented later(or i'm not far enough in the story)...
It's a real shame i have to restart everything cause of a bug(and cause i have the bad habit of always saving in the same slot), but i will do it with pleasure.

The bug is the following: if you save inside the belly dancer assassin tent, then you get eaten by her(so either staying inside till dance is complete or going out, forgetting to save and go back in to check the scene) and you load the save...
She will just immediately eat you, causing a permanent game over
Yoinkedmyyeet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:48 pm

That is an interesting bug.

I have no good way of solving it at the moment.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Yoinkedmyyeet » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Don't worry... the problem is that i'm a magnet for bugs xD

I'll tell you if i find some other odd ones
Yoinkedmyyeet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Logic101 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:44 pm

Kind of a shame you can't recruit the giant sea monster into your army. Loyal minion, mobile base, and repeatable vore experience all in one. I know the main character is supposed to be a pred not prey but it would be nice to have some repeatable or friendly experiences. The succubus at the beginning was nice while it lasted.
Logic101
Been posting for a bit

Re: Being the bad guy 1.00 (EvilOverlord)Updated 27.03.2021

Postby Bright » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:56 pm

Discord link:
https://discord.gg/t33GnKM

Version 1.00
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q172bs ... rlord_1.00
https://gofile.io/d/1SApZW
I fixed a lot of bugs.
They're posted in this thread.

I'm planning two expansions.
One is called Rebellion.
"Former allies of the Overlord, they went into hiding when he fell. They have a hate towards humans and may or not fight against Heir depending on their choices."
I have some ideas here, but if you want to pitch in, it'd be cool.

Second expansion:
Invasion.
A kingdom newly formed rarely stays safe. Like vultures to a corpse, kingdoms outside out of the empire are thinking about settling old scores and take a bite out of the newly formed lands of Heir.
Throw me your ideas.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Enteresting » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:50 am

Bright wrote:Discord link:
https://discord.gg/t33GnKM

Version 1.00
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q172bs ... rlord_1.00
https://gofile.io/d/1SApZW
I fixed a lot of bugs.
They're posted in this thread.

I'm planning two expansions.
One is called Rebellion.
"Former allies of the Overlord, they went into hiding when he fell. They have a hate towards humans and may or not fight against Heir depending on their choices."
I have some ideas here, but if you want to pitch in, it'd be cool.

Second expansion:
Invasion.
A kingdom newly formed rarely stays safe. Like vultures to a corpse, kingdoms outside out of the empire are thinking about settling old scores and take a bite out of the newly formed lands of Heir.
Throw me your ideas.

The invasion suggestion I like the sound of, since Kingdoms will do that when given the chance.
Rebellion sounds cool as well, though I will point out you could turn that expansion into a plethora of Superbosses if you felt like it.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby VVV » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:14 pm

any one know where to find the shovel
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby randomuser13579 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:22 pm

Need help I'm stuck in Theresa chapter because I can't find Charles' clue about the secret passage and northern law.
randomuser13579
New to the forum

Postby Bright » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:28 pm

randomuser13579 wrote:Need help I'm stuck in Theresa chapter because I can't find Charles' clue about the secret passage and northern law.

If you have defeated Theresa and found the secret in Fiishis Mansion, you should be able to access the hidden door between two rocks.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby JDandAliProductions » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:05 am

VVV wrote:any one know where to find the shovel

It's down a well

By the way Bright i've noticed a bug, every time i save the game crashes and says something about Graphics/Save Screenshot, it still saves but it closes the entire game so i have to start it up again.
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby Bright » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:26 am

JDandAliProductions wrote:
VVV wrote:any one know where to find the shovel

It's down a well

By the way Bright i've noticed a bug, every time i save the game crashes and says something about Graphics/Save Screenshot, it still saves but it closes the entire game so i have to start it up again.

That is very weird.
Do you have a screenshot of the error?

Are you playing it on Windows/mac/something else?

Could you send me a save so I can see if I can replicate the error?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby JDandAliProductions » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 am

This is on Windows, it's literally every time i save
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game