Unbridled Hedonism V9F

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V8D

Postby Phorcyz19 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:58 am

THe game no longer works on Mac for me. It says I don't have permission to open it
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Bluetongue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Phorcyz19, apparently this happens with some Unity games that are compiled on windows? Here's what I do to fix the issue:

Right click on the app and click "Show Package Contents". Open the "Contents" folder, and you should see a few things, one of which is a folder called "MacOS". Right click on that and go to "New Terminal at Folder". If you aren't used to the terminal, it can be a little scary, but just enter:

chmod +x UnbridledHedonism.app

If it works, then it should just go to the next line. If it says "alert" or something that indicates that it didn't work, then try the above again without the ".app" at the end. From there, it should open normally (though it may trigger a security warning, at which point you have to go to the Security & Privacy in System Extensions to approve opening it).

And Aurilika, the game is great! I probably spend too much time on it. My only feature request would be that if the player is fully digested and has the option to reform or switch to another character, would it be possible to have the camera continue to follow the predator, or whoever the log is currently following? That way it's more of a passive absorption with awareness.
Bluetongue
New to the forum

Postby Phorcyz19 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:04 pm

Bluetongue wrote:Phorcyz19, apparently this happens with some Unity games that are compiled on windows? Here's what I do to fix the issue:

Right click on the app and click "Show Package Contents". Open the "Contents" folder, and you should see a few things, one of which is a folder called "MacOS". Right click on that and go to "New Terminal at Folder". If you aren't used to the terminal, it can be a little scary, but just enter:

chmod +x UnbridledHedonism.app

Thank you so much, that worked!
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Akai24 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:53 pm

Hello dear Aurilika developer of Unbridled Hedonism and Vore War

I have been playing Unbridled Hedonism for 4 months and Vore War for 5 months and I have a few suggestions about Unbridled Hedonism
Could you please add Indigestion with % of regurgitation with trait that will increase the indigestion rate and ForceFeeding to other person and how will he/she react to it based on Vorarephilia interest or some trait/something in that type

I won't bother you too much with many ideas because I understand how busy you may be
Thanks in advance
Sincerely Akai
Akai24
New to the forum

Postby fadetoblack19 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:31 pm

I've got a number of suggestions for quirks/traits, and potential interactions:

Easy to swallow: Is quicker to swallow than usual.
Yander A: If they see their lover be overly flirtatious with someone other than them, they'll try to forcefully swallow and digest their love.
Yander B: If they see their lover be overly flirtatious with someone other than them, they'll try to forcefully swallow the person that was flirting with their lover.
Overly Friendly: Friendship is gained faster than usual.
Lover's Embrace: Will never ask to vore the person they're having sex with.
Fast Metabolism: Easier to lose weight (if enabled)
Slow Metabolism: Harder to lose weight (if enabled)

as for interactions:
Sex within a pred.
Convincing a pred to digest their current prey
Force feeding someone if their talking to someone; an example being forcefully shoving a target into someones mouth while their talking.
Forcing someone to digest their prey; Unsure how to go about this exactly, maybe being on the same tile, forcefully holding the target down while they digest?
Begging for a pred to release their prey; Maybe an added option that the pred can demand something from the person begging?
Groping; If the target is horny enough, it raises love more than most interactions. Otherwise, might anger the target if it failed.
New tiles for benches, trees, and other decorative tiles that can be used to raise the energy stat by a little. Perhaps even be used as an ambush point, where the vore rate increases?

At any rate, maybe some of these could work, maybe not. Please, keep up the great work on UB. It's become a personal favorite of mine.
fadetoblack19
New to the forum

Missing Slider for Races (& suggested option)

Postby metalfox57 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Huge fan of your game!
I was adding '200' races from the 'Monster Girl Encyclopedia' (it was gonna be this whole thing, lol),
in which I found there not being a (vertical) slider for the 'race spawn chance page'. I think you can only fit '10' or so races,
before it gets outside the screen. (To elaborate, its where you set the randomization of races with horizontal sliders)
I looked under your latest changelog (v8d) and didn't see the fix, so I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks so much for reading!
If its alright, can you allow an option for custom selecting the character nametag 'for images' (under templates)?
So unless I'm making a custom character, I can always have a picture for their race and sex?
If having both race and sex for this, is an issue, I can always create a separate template for both of these.
I'd really like for it to be an available option! Please?! ^^
metalfox57
New to the forum

Postby ARoseybyanyothername » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Not sure if this was ever brought up, but my only complaint would be the lack of variety with scenes. As much as I like to play it when I feel the desire- I just see the same lines over n over.
ARoseybyanyothername
New to the forum

Postby PhantomOfMars » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:31 pm

ARoseybyanyothername wrote:Not sure if this was ever brought up, but my only complaint would be the lack of variety with scenes. As much as I like to play it when I feel the desire- I just see the same lines over n over.

I really do recommend writing your own interactions and adding them to the game. You can customize it quite a bit, and I find this to be the game's greatest strength.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:53 am

bahamut24 wrote:alright that make sense with design

i would use those color in list of preys that already inside predator, it is bit chore to check each preys to see which location those r in when it is long list (i try do 100% of endo to see the limit, i seldom allow myself to be devoured to devour preys inside some predators)

most of time, it was asking if can vore without force. if possible have scale of interruption?

suggest traits: 1) willing meal (higher chance to self-offer), 2- search for predator ((dunno better wording, sorry) find predator of preference or whatever work), 3- selective preference ((once more sorry for wording) prey counter suggest which vore upon asked or forced)

thank for replies and i enjoy the game :D

Ah, if just asking is interrupting, that is a bug, I'll check into that. Will probably set up the colors and some of those traits.

Kius wrote:I was thinking about it just be an even expansion in all directions, no removing tiles, just adding in all directions so it can help my OCD, but also because it helps when making schools or single building maps. I should probably clarify that when I said shower tiles I did mean a shower tile without a function, because the design of it is already fine. Color function for walls would be nice, but that should be near the bottom of your list. A NPC cap would be nice to have, so you can't fry your computer when you try to run a 500+ Npc's at once. Also can you change it so instead of spawning at a random nurse station, you just respawn at the one closest to you?

Okay, added a center option to both of those. An NPC cap for which part? Ones that spawn during the game already have a settable cap right next to the other spawning settings.

SkyLark wrote:First of all, great game ~ loving it to bits and I'm appreciative of all the effort you've put into it thus far. Time for me to add a few selfish requests of my own ~ but please feel free to ignore them.

One thing I have noticed though is that certain functions within the game stop working properly when a character has a name that's too long. Since this is a kind of school/dorm setting, I have a bunch of saved characters who are named for their role instead of their fist name (e.g. The Gym Teacher), and unless I type the name with a dash between the last two words (The Gym-Teacher), then they become unclickable/unselectable on the main screen when stacked. This also seems to interfere with the loading of images as well in the new version, but it could just be because I'm loading in a 7G save file into v8.

Is there a way to expand the acceptable word/character range when it comes to naming characters? I'm not sure why exactly this issue occurs, but figured I would mention it in case anyone else experienced something similar.

Also, when characters are following another character, I understand that the number of turns they will follow is variable - but would it be worth adding an option to extend the amount of time they typically follow for? Tried leading a bunch of characters to one place and it's not unlike herding cats.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to see how this develops. :>

Thank you. As long as you're here I'll say I enjoy all of your content, too. :D
Yeah, I really need to revamp the name system a bit. I used the system I was using because it makes it easy to set up, but it gets messier as it tries to match more words, but I should probably redesign that a bit so it can handle slightly more complicated names. Also, I had suggested - as a way to string names together in one of the help things, but a - also causes the portrait system to consider that the end of the name, which is a side effect I didn't consider. If they're generated saved characters they could specify their picture as a workaround to that, though.

As for the turns, the idea was that it was only reasonable to follow you for so long, though with people making bigger maps, maybe I should relax that a bit.

HavocLordX wrote:I Want to See a Succubus Race, Tail Vore, and Breast Vore Added...[Cause in Vore War: Auri Can Tidvore...]

Also: For a Pre-Made Request, Why not Almaelma?

Well, breast vore is the one most likely to be added because it was voted decently high on the vore type poll. (Auri can breast vore in VW because Green made the sprites for it, and I wasn't going to let them go to waste)
I would think someone would end up making a succubus eventually, since they'd be right at home in a game like this.

Snek wrote:I would like to see an array of couples options added, right now it feels like couples sometimes don't do anything really together, perhaps there could be a "sleep together" option when you go to a room (and perhaps when AI are tired they may seek out their partner to ask to sleep with them), or eating together for like a lunch date or something, or showering with eachother (that could also possibly have a trait tied to if people get horny from this, and could transition into sex maybe) things that fufill needs could have a chance that Ai choses to seek out their partner and ask them to follow them to do said activity together, you could even have a "needy" trait that does his more often, but overall more couples interaction i think would be nice.

Yeah, I should definitely flesh that out a bit.

Kius wrote:I'm starting to feel bad for asking so much of you, but the fact that the game has so little content (Sorry for insulting all the work you put into this) that it's probably best we give you advice and requests, I know you probably have a 3-6 page document (or google doc) of stuff you wanna add, so I'll try (as everyone else probably should) and turn down the requests as much as possible, and just report glitches I've found.

Well, the amount of content is subjective, but it will continue to grow over time, and people are also adding to the existing content.

cainthemadmanking wrote:im hella into this like almost addicted i look forward to future additions and features /updates 10/10 in my opinion

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it.

Morkeleb wrote:Thanks for all the hard work. This is a fantastic game. And you are a talented coder.

You're welcome and thank you.

Meozlord wrote:Here's an idea:
An option to the player puts their own sprites for the characters.
It would be counting as modding?
But you could just basically use sprite sheet and make your own characters. (as in the player can make sprites or just leave them just be letters.
(ignore my stupid message thing, English isn't my first language.)

Something like that might come eventually, but it's lower on my list of priorities. Also, the space is so small that sprites wouldn't be very recognizable unless you zoomed way in, but it's something that might make it in at some point.

Meozlord wrote:And also, this game is amazing, I originally thought this was some kind of macro/micro game, I have no idea why. But it is really interesting, great job!

Thank you. Maybe you just confused it with a similar game from this forum?

flamelord786 wrote:It would be fun if you could include an action and associated trait for prey to force themselves to be vored. Instead of offering, they would just try to climb in without asking first. I think someone might've already suggested it, but I'm having trouble finding the post. Also, it would be nice to have a slider to increase the odds for the AI to ask to be vored. I don't think I've had it happen for a few updates now.
As always though, keep up the good work. It's your game and ultimately it should be up to you what to add/not add.

That has been suggested, and will likely come at some point, though it does need a little bit of additional mechanics with it so that the pred can't just interrupt it themselves by just trying to move or the like. Yeah, that's something that needs a bit more control, and will definitely add at least a trait for it.

DerekBaumsKitchenGun wrote:Not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but:
An ingame race creator/editor, so people can create custom races without needing to know the variables and whatnot. Maybe you'd just type in the text, check some boxes, and that's an interaction complete.

I've actually thought about that on occasion, I tend to waffle back and forth because it would take a fair bit of setup, but syntax highlighting would be nice, and would also result in less people trying to fight their programs to get the formatting correct.

Trubot527 wrote:
Chessa wrote:The best way for us to help Aurilika would probably be to add add more interactions, I remember there was a spreadsheet, but it's been buried pages back. Oof.

Link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Yeah, anyone can contribute to that, though it's best to not try to add new types there unless it's been discussed first.

Souls6 wrote:Will there be breast vore as well?

That's likely to make it in, eventually.

Bluetongue wrote:And Aurilika, the game is great! I probably spend too much time on it. My only feature request would be that if the player is fully digested and has the option to reform or switch to another character, would it be possible to have the camera continue to follow the predator, or whoever the log is currently following? That way it's more of a passive absorption with awareness.

Yeah, that can be done.

Akai24 wrote:Hello dear Aurilika developer of Unbridled Hedonism and Vore War

I have been playing Unbridled Hedonism for 4 months and Vore War for 5 months and I have a few suggestions about Unbridled Hedonism
Could you please add Indigestion with % of regurgitation with trait that will increase the indigestion rate and ForceFeeding to other person and how will he/she react to it based on Vorarephilia interest or some trait/something in that type

I won't bother you too much with many ideas because I understand how busy you may be
Thanks in advance
Sincerely Akai

Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable option to add.

fadetoblack19 wrote:I've got a number of suggestions for quirks/traits, and potential interactions:

Easy to swallow: Is quicker to swallow than usual.
Yander A: If they see their lover be overly flirtatious with someone other than them, they'll try to forcefully swallow and digest their love.
Yander B: If they see their lover be overly flirtatious with someone other than them, they'll try to forcefully swallow the person that was flirting with their lover.
Overly Friendly: Friendship is gained faster than usual.
Lover's Embrace: Will never ask to vore the person they're having sex with.
Fast Metabolism: Easier to lose weight (if enabled)
Slow Metabolism: Harder to lose weight (if enabled)

as for interactions:
Sex within a pred.
Convincing a pred to digest their current prey
Force feeding someone if their talking to someone; an example being forcefully shoving a target into someones mouth while their talking.
Forcing someone to digest their prey; Unsure how to go about this exactly, maybe being on the same tile, forcefully holding the target down while they digest?
Begging for a pred to release their prey; Maybe an added option that the pred can demand something from the person begging?
Groping; If the target is horny enough, it raises love more than most interactions. Otherwise, might anger the target if it failed.
New tiles for benches, trees, and other decorative tiles that can be used to raise the energy stat by a little. Perhaps even be used as an ambush point, where the vore rate increases?

At any rate, maybe some of these could work, maybe not. Please, keep up the great work on UB. It's become a personal favorite of mine.

Yeah, I'll definitely add some/most of those. I was thinking something like Easy to swallow wouldn't really work with the way the text for the consuming interactions work but after seeing you write it out I realize I could just have it do 2 stages in a single turn.

metalfox57 wrote:Huge fan of your game!
I was adding '200' races from the 'Monster Girl Encyclopedia' (it was gonna be this whole thing, lol),
in which I found there not being a (vertical) slider for the 'race spawn chance page'. I think you can only fit '10' or so races,
before it gets outside the screen. (To elaborate, its where you set the randomization of races with horizontal sliders)
I looked under your latest changelog (v8d) and didn't see the fix, so I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks so much for reading!
If its alright, can you allow an option for custom selecting the character nametag 'for images' (under templates)?
So unless I'm making a custom character, I can always have a picture for their race and sex?
If having both race and sex for this, is an issue, I can always create a separate template for both of these.
I'd really like for it to be an available option! Please?! ^^

Ah, that's a bit of an oversight. After I set it up I forgot there wasn't a scroll there and there haven't been enough full races to fill that screen yet so it hasn't been mentioned, will get that fixed, though.

So you were thinking anyone generated by the template would all share the same set of images? Or did I not correctly understand what you meant, there?

ARoseybyanyothername wrote:Not sure if this was ever brought up, but my only complaint would be the lack of variety with scenes. As much as I like to play it when I feel the desire- I just see the same lines over n over.

Well this will continue to improve with time.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:15 am

Decided to split this off into a separate post to avoid going too long.

I closed the poll and tabulated the results. There were 178 people that voted.

I'll start with the smaller stuff first.
For personality variables
53% said it could use a few more, carefully chosen
29% said add a lot of them
18% said try to keep them to an absolute minimum.
So, that's fairly clear what the majority wants, there.

For favorite vore type (I accidentally left this multi-choice, but it worked out)
67% said Oral Vore
43% said Anal Vore
42% said Cock Vore
40% said Unbirth
22% said Breast Vore
The highest from the other/specify option was tail vore at 5% (though it probably would have been higher if it was included in the main options).
So Breast Vore is the type most likely to be added next, and tail vore is decent contender for the future (though I would probably include it in a future poll to see how it stacks up when it's fairly represented)

As for the main body of the poll, here's all the options with their 'score' which is determined by how they were voted. First choice got 15 points, second choice 14, etc. So the system is a bit floaty and not too much stock should be placed in the actual values, but the order is roughly what people want.

More interaction types 1837
Expanding character simulation to include things like goals or moods. 1783
Expansion of Traits/Quirks 1620
More types of usable tiles that have various functions 1543
More default races 1491
Vore battles (basically trying to eat someone would start a 'fight' that could potentially end with either side being eaten - would be optional.) 1484
Support for things like multi-person dorm rooms, or houses. 1452
Mechanics for different sized people (Mechanics would likely come before any different dialogue) 1437
Reform improvements (such as perma-digestion, temporarily preventing people from reforming, etc.) 1393
Extending the race system to better support non-demi human races 1371
Support for additional vore types 1330
Greatly expanding the number of tiles, to allow for more elaborate maps or other environments, 1292
A more flexible portrait system, allowing specifying priority and types from the user side 1138
Alternate moving modes - such as running. 1103
Longer range communication (such as phones) 1086

Also worth noting that these wouldn't necessarily be done exactly in this order, as easier things get a bit of an advantage. I can go ahead and say the next major patch will focus on the top 3, more interactions, goals and/or moods, and a larger scale expansion of traits/quirks.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Redicicle » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:40 am

Perhaps with regards to prioririzing paths, make it so when moving from a path tile to the same type of party tile you can do so once per turn without using up your regular movement or action? That way going through a building is also slower than going around it on paths if the outside is paths but the inside is hallways, at least if it's the same distance.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Missing Slider for Races (& Suggestion)

Postby metalfox57 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:13 pm

So you were thinking anyone generated by the template would all share the same set of images? Or did I not correctly understand what you meant, there?

Yes that's correct, though only if you add an input to this new custom option.
It could get out of hand if you want separate images for each sex and race, but this'd be the simplest method of implementing :p

Along with that, to make things easier for nonmodders to haft to locate the game in their appdata to change race data; you may want to add a 'reset races' option under the random race chance section (to delete the RaceWeights.dat). At least, this is how I was able to get new races to display (or old ones removed) when adding or deleting them.

I'm really happy you acted on my comment so quickly, I hope this helps you :D
metalfox57
New to the forum

Re: More realistic after digesting(suggestion)

Postby Akai24 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:16 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly, I hope this helps you in your game development

After digesting the prey, for example 16 moves later the character will try to desperately release until breaking point and intestines capacity(because infinite capacity looks interesting)
Maybe settable/switchable in game settings

Best regards Akai
Akai24
New to the forum

Postby Unfortunate » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:46 pm

I'M BACK

First off, I have an issue: Nobody's got their portraits anymore. No idea why, the images still exist in their folder, they're all missing in game though. It's quite sad, I liked seeing everybody desperately running home to jerk off, in part because of the dumb faces I gave them as it happens.
If it helps, I've only recently upgraded to V8 from 7, I tend to wait for the first couple of bug fixes.

I have a new suggestion: I'm trying to find more ways to spice up the options a predator has to work with, and I have a plan for something...
Okay... picture this -
Your character (let's call them Ay) enters a crowd with Beth, Carrie, Denis, Ewan and Flamingo.
The objective is to scoff Beth, but everyone else is there to watch and get in the way, this is where a new move comes in: <Terrorise> .
Spoiler: show

When you first attempt to activate Terrorise, it will take higher priority in the order of actions processed, meaning it should come first in most situations. It's a negative action, and witnesses to the act will also get mad at you. On success Ay will remain on the same space for the rest of that turn but you will now get to choose a direction – Beth will be forced to move from her current tile in that specific direction, with a new emotional state (complete with the potential for a new portrait type); panic.
After being forced to panic, Beth will spend the next 8-12 turns running in that direction non-stop, and it's up to you whether you pursue or not. A special feature of panic is that Beth's direction of travel will turn 90 degrees when she hits a wall, meaning she'll turn a corner when chased down a corridor... however if she bumps into a dead end where she can't turn 90 degrees, she stops in place for the remainder of her panic response, effectively a sitting duck if you're hot on her heels. While Beth's panicking she's also easier to vore unwillingly, allowing you to set up situations in which you chase her into an alley, trap and devour her. The AI should actively try to lead them into such situations when they do this, but the odds of an AI terrorising someone should be exceedingly rare.
Beware: If a panicking character's path is leading directly towards a predator who's looking for prey, the predator will immediately target them if they're not friendly, and they will easily beat you to them.
Panic only lasts for said 8-12 turns; once that time is up they will return to normal. Do note that, while Terrorising a target is fully possible at low and less possible at high relationship, the odds of pulling it off will always be rather low. Only Traits change this.

Possible balancing and extra mechanics:

A space indicator could be used to show when somebody is panicking.

Terrorise should be gated so only predators can use it, and it could also be gated so that it never works on a predator.

Success rate of Terrorise could be tied to Strength or Voracity on the activator's side.

Success rate in the target's favour could also be tied to Strength (lacking in it), or maybe even a unique stat, like Courage. (Perhaps also effecting things like the odds of attempting a rescue, rescue success rate, willingness for AI to speak to a predator with prey in their belly; or just in general, likelihood of AI attempting to pursue a panicking character, or perhaps even willingness to try endo with unknown predators...? Just some suggestions.)

You cannot Terrorise somebody who is having sex or involved in vore. Terrorising a character who's already panicking doesn't extend panic time, but it can allow you to change their direction of travel.

A character has the option to use the <Calm Down> command on a panicking character, which removes their panic state: The success rate of <Calm Down> is heavily tied to friendship between characters; you need to be real good pals to have any hope of calming them down, but once you're in that threshold the odds are highly in your favour. Characters are impossible to panic while on the same space as a character they have exceedingly high friendship with.

Panic doesn't have to be tied to <Terrorise> alone. Perhaps other situations could also apply it, though in a random direction and for a shorter duration?

Possible Traits to use with this system:
Unflinching – This character never panics.
Gutsy – This character is harder to intimidate.
Chicken – This character is easier to intimidate.
Terrifying – This character has higher odds to terrorise a target.
Taste of Fear – This character's vore odds increase on a panicking target.
On Edge – This character is NOT easier to vore while panicking.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled tile suggestions; I'm always interested in more ways to set up scenarios, so here's a bunch of assets that serve certain roles and functions:

A new type of Door; The One Way Gate: This door has a unique colour, and it's representative line also comes with a little < in the middle, indicating which way you're allowed through. You may only pass from that side; there is no way through via the other way.

Another new type of Door; The Security Gate: This door has a unique, eye catching colour, making it clearly visible. The Security Gate is a door anybody can pass... UNLESS they fulfil certain criteria, where then they're denied. The AI should be set up so as to avoid pathing into an area these gates deny, or at least to change their goal and go somewhere else when they reach one. There's a world option for how the Security Gates function in game, so you can choose what they block:
Deny Predators (Default) – This gate denies passage to anybody who can do vore.
Predators Only – Denies everybody who cannot do vore. Literally the inverse of the first option.
Team 1 Only – Grants access only to characters who are registered as members of Team 1. Can be used to create an exclusive lounge for a group of characters; maybe characters you personally want to get rid of, perhaps as a self imposed challenge? Just giving a possible example of how to use this setting.
This is a valid reason to use a One Way Gate: if a character was somehow smuggled into a normally inaccessible zone, they can still leave on their own terms.

A Possible Trait:
VIP Pass – Can pass Security Gates, regardless of rules.

Finally, two new tile types; Alarm Zones and Jails: The Alarm Zones are basically just indoor corridors, but with a modified graphic, All of your usual actions are still available as always, but these Zones have a special function; the moment they detect any occurrence of vore on them they trigger: The prey is instantly released, and the offending predator is then teleported to the nearest Jail tile. No further punishment is doled out: It's simply there to imply that a security team breaks it up and escorts the pred away. If the predator is absorbing a body then that predator is still teleported to the jail, but their prey isn't removed from them because they're already dead.
The Jail doesn't need to be present for the Alarm Zone to function; in cases where one isn't included on the map, the character's dorm room is used instead.
This allows for areas of heightened security that regular folks can pass through without fear, but also doesn't brutally punish a pred character for slipping up. Of course, you can still talk, and yes, even request somebody follows you, so the alarm zones can only keep them so safe...

Oh, and here's a Trait to invalidate it:
Rulebreaker – Not effected by Alarm Zones; someone's a real delinquent...!

I have more suggestions; but I've already worn my fingers down to vague meaty nubs, so it's time to stop... for now at least.
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 am

Redicicle wrote:Perhaps with regards to prioririzing paths, make it so when moving from a path tile to the same type of party tile you can do so once per turn without using up your regular movement or action? That way going through a building is also slower than going around it on paths if the outside is paths but the inside is hallways, at least if it's the same distance.

Yeah, that could work as an extension to it.

metalfox57 wrote:

Yes that's correct, though only if you add an input to this new custom option.
It could get out of hand if you want separate images for each sex and race, but this'd be the simplest method of implementing :p

Along with that, to make things easier for nonmodders to haft to locate the game in their appdata to change race data; you may want to add a 'reset races' option under the random race chance section (to delete the RaceWeights.dat). At least, this is how I was able to get new races to display (or old ones removed) when adding or deleting them.

I'm really happy you acted on my comment so quickly, I hope this helps you :D

Okay, will probably set something up for that for the next content patch

Well, I think it's better to attack the problem at it's roots, but perhaps I should have done both. Races that no longer exist should get trimmed off automatically now. Newly added races should already have appeared, so I'm not sure what the cause of that is, but it seemed to work fine during my testing.

Akai24 wrote:Thanks for replying so quickly, I hope this helps you in your game development

After digesting the prey, for example 16 moves later the character will try to desperately release until breaking point and intestines capacity(because infinite capacity looks interesting)
Maybe settable/switchable in game settings

Best regards Akai

Yeah, that could work, but not going to tackle it right away.

Unfortunate wrote:I'M BACK

First off, I have an issue: Nobody's got their portraits anymore. No idea why, the images still exist in their folder, they're all missing in game though. It's quite sad, I liked seeing everybody desperately running home to jerk off, in part because of the dumb faces I gave them as it happens.
If it helps, I've only recently upgraded to V8 from 7, I tend to wait for the first couple of bug fixes.

{Many things}

I changed it around so it should work without issues now, it was an issue related to adding the on-demand loading. If there's still issues, let me know.

There's a lot to that terrorizing system. It definitely requires a lot of pieces for its function, so it might be a while before it sees the light of day, but I put it into my notes to revisit later on.

One way gates and security gates would probably work pretty well and shouldn't be too hard to set up. You were thinking the security gates would all share the same condition and it would just be set map wide?

Alarm Zones could work, and I'd probably just have the AI avoid doing any Vore on them or walking into them with prey(With the possible exception of a 'careless' trait or the like.). It does add some interesting wrinkles, and of course people could always play maps without them if they don't like the idea.

Okay, V8E released. It's kind of late in the cycle for a small patch, but have been busy lately, and wanted to clean up any remaining issues before starting work on V9.

V8E:
The race weights screen should now automatically remove races that no longer exist. Also, new races default to a weight of 500, rather than being disabled by default. I think the times someone adds a race and wants it to be manual only is probably much less than those that want it automatically sprinkled in, and it can always be manually lowered/disabled.
Redesigned the portrait loader a bit. The newer selective loader upgrade had the tendency to fail on linux due to capitalization, or grab the wrong picture if you had characters whose names contained other names (I.e Ann vs Anna). Both of those should be fixed, but let me know if you're still having trouble getting to to work correctly.
If you have camera follows player enabled and you're observing, the camera will follow the person your vision is attached to.
Increased the standard follow time so instead of having a possibility to stop following after 20 turns and slowly growing after that, the standard time is longer, and also increases depending on how good of friends they are with you, the slow chance ramp up when they reach that point is still the same, though.
Added a button to duplicate an existing template, allowing you to easily split if you want two similar ones rather than trying to recreate it. Also went ahead and doubled the max tepmlates to 20, since those all fit on that screen without issue.
The Race weights screen now has a scroll view so that races be inaccessible off the bottom of the screen if you have that many.
Added an option to have the list of people in a tile display prey in different colors by their location. If disabled, they'll all be yellow, as they were before.
Fixed a bug where you had to save to defaults twice in a row for it to stick.
Fixed a few miscellaneous rare exceptions.
Cleaned up the resize map code quite a bit. There's now an undo button that can undo map resizes. Can now resize based on the center, borders travel correctly in seemingly all cases, now. It now updates showing where people are when the map shifts. Before they were moved with the terrain when tiles were deleted from the home edges, but it wouldn't show their updated location until you left the map editor.
Fixed another exception when trying to spawn template characters without having opened the start game screen. Sorry about that, that should be all of them.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V8E

Postby Unfortunate » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:38 pm

Aurilika wrote:I changed it around so it should work without issues now, it was an issue related to adding the on-demand loading. If there's still issues, let me know.

It's me. The portraits do not seem to have returned:
For further context, my character's all have their portrait names written into the fields in their profiles; Tiana's portraits are “TianaCat” not just “Tiana”. I did try deleting the name from that field and renaming the image to just Tiana, but it didn't work. Likewise I have tested it on newly generated characters, with no luck too.
So yes; pre-existing characters have no portraits, new characters have no portraits...
I don't know if any of that's related, but if it is, it should at least narrow the list of suspects down somewhat... I understand bug fixes can be quite the pain sometimes, so I've tried to help in the only way I can: With information.

I'll spare you the lengthy idea post this time, you could probably do without it.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Unfortunate wrote:
Aurilika wrote:I changed it around so it should work without issues now, it was an issue related to adding the on-demand loading. If there's still issues, let me know.

It's me. The portraits do not seem to have returned:
For further context, my character's all have their portrait names written into the fields in their profiles; Tiana's portraits are “TianaCat” not just “Tiana”. I did try deleting the name from that field and renaming the image to just Tiana, but it didn't work. Likewise I have tested it on newly generated characters, with no luck too.
So yes; pre-existing characters have no portraits, new characters have no portraits...
I don't know if any of that's related, but if it is, it should at least narrow the list of suspects down somewhat... I understand bug fixes can be quite the pain sometimes, so I've tried to help in the only way I can: With information.

I'll spare you the lengthy idea post this time, you could probably do without it.

Strange, if the character's portrait string matches the file name it should open, and nothing in the base logic for it should have changed between 7 and 8 besides the on-demand loading, which does seem to work for most people. Does even Auri's picture not show up? If even hers doesn't, then there's definitely something messed up happening in the code, as she works normally for me. If she does work correctly then it might be an issue with the files, in which case you could try zipping up the files for a single character and attaching them here, or direct messaging them to me so I can look and see if the files work correctly for me.
Also, I forget, were you a windows user or one of the linux users?
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Unfortunate » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Aurilika wrote:Strange, if the character's portrait string matches the file name it should open, and nothing in the base logic for it should have changed between 7 and 8 besides the on-demand loading, which does seem to work for most people. Does even Auri's picture not show up? If even hers doesn't, then there's definitely something messed up happening in the code, as she works normally for me. If she does work correctly then it might be an issue with the files, in which case you could try zipping up the files for a single character and attaching them here, or direct messaging them to me so I can look and see if the files work correctly for me.

Firstly - I'm a Windows user, I don't believe I'd ever mentioned that, so there was nothing to forget in the first place.

Secondly - I just did what you asked: Auri's actually working, which is interesting, and there's one other "Named" custom character in the Races folder who has a portrait; I'd never even noticed they had them, I'd not thought to click on that character because I was too busy focusing on everyone else. Everyone else hasn't got their portraits, even though the correct text was added to the field. Here's an image to give you an idea of what's going on.
ThisIsWhatItsLike.png

Finally, I honestly don't know how to send a single problem character's files: It's not the Named Race Characters who have the issue, it's everyone else.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Unfortunate wrote:
Aurilika wrote:Strange, if the character's portrait string matches the file name it should open, and nothing in the base logic for it should have changed between 7 and 8 besides the on-demand loading, which does seem to work for most people. Does even Auri's picture not show up? If even hers doesn't, then there's definitely something messed up happening in the code, as she works normally for me. If she does work correctly then it might be an issue with the files, in which case you could try zipping up the files for a single character and attaching them here, or direct messaging them to me so I can look and see if the files work correctly for me.

Firstly - I'm a Windows user, I don't believe I'd ever mentioned that, so there was nothing to forget in the first place.

Secondly - I just did what you asked: Auri's actually working, which is interesting, and there's one other "Named" custom character in the Races folder who has a portrait; I'd never even noticed they had them, I'd not thought to click on that character because I was too busy focusing on everyone else. Everyone else hasn't got their portraits, even though the correct text was added to the field. Here's an image to give you an idea of what's going on.
ThisIsWhatItsLike.png

Finally, I honestly don't know how to send a single problem character's files: It's not the Named Race Characters who have the issue, it's everyone else.

I read this and was kind of stumped and was doing other things and suddenly it hit me what the probable cause is, the new code accidentally checks the 'first name' field and not the 'picture' field. I'll get that fixed so that it properly bases it on the picture field again. Actually it was worse than that, it was based on both, so they both needed to be the same and correct in order for it to properly load and display the portrait, though after it was loaded it only needed the picture bit to be correct.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby metalfox57 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Newly added races should already have appeared, so I'm not sure what the cause of that is, but it seemed to work fine during my testing.

Your right Aurilika. I was more focused on the modding portion than the specifics.
I'm sorry about that, inaccuracies from people are pretty annoying,
especially when coding's involved! L-L
metalfox57
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game