It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.38.0 (public), a0.39.2 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.2 (public) or a0.3 (Patreon)

Postby Sriseru » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:54 pm

@Drakeral
Aww, thank you for your kind words! <3

And yes, I haven't yet added any events for when you're unable to get a job or move out, but I'll probably get there sometime soon. ;3
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Hansony » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:22 pm

So after playing around a bit I find it's a good start but in some places a bit too surface level... like why are the only options when eaten to either rest, try to escape or submit? how bout trying to please her or something like that? why are we unable to develop the relationship with Elaine and can only talk to her while she is watching TV which seems to be annoying her? Why does push-ups and jogging not increase the fitness at all?

I assume the answers to all those are "because those things aren't implemented yet" which is perfectly fair but then that makes it really hard to say if the game will be good or not when more then half of what would make it a proper game is missing...

What is there however, the current game interactions, game design, graphics and all that, seems good though and I am definitely looking forward to how you add to it, especially whether we get to know the characters better in a relationship building way and maybe even "get to know" in the biblical sense too.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby grz01 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:23 pm

Surprisingly good fun, I hope you're able to find time to extend it further - nice work!
grz01
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sriseru » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:00 am

Hansony wrote:So after playing around a bit I find it's a good start but in some places a bit too surface level... like why are the only options when eaten to either rest, try to escape or submit? how bout trying to please her or something like that?

I've added that in version a0.3. :)

Hansony wrote:why are we unable to develop the relationship with Elaine and can only talk to her while she is watching TV which seems to be annoying her?

You can also talk to her while eating together in the kitchen. And the reason she's annoyed with you is because you've done something to piss her off. I know I still need to add more ways of increasing your relationship with her, but here are some ways currently in version a0.2:
* Eat with her.
* Watch TV with her.
* Talk to her (yes, even when she seems annoyed with you).
* Bring home groceries while she's in the living room or kitchen.
* And if your relationship is high enough, ask her to eat you and then ask to be let out. If she didn't trick you, your relationship will improve.

Hansony wrote:Why does push-ups and jogging not increase the fitness at all?

It does. It just does it too slowly right now, lol. The way improving skills work is that whenever you do an activity involving that skill, you'll earn skill xp, and once you've earned enough you will level up in that skill.
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Sriseru » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:03 am

grz01 wrote:Surprisingly good fun, I hope you're able to find time to extend it further - nice work!

Not to worry, I spend most of my Thursdays and Fridays (and sometimes part of my Saturdays) working on it. ;3
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Hansony » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:02 am

Sriseru wrote:You can also talk to her while eating together in the kitchen. And the reason she's annoyed with you is because you've done something to piss her off. I know I still need to add more ways of increasing your relationship with her, but here are some ways currently in version a0.2:
* Eat with her.
* Watch TV with her.
* Talk to her (yes, even when she seems annoyed with you).
* Bring home groceries while she's in the living room or kitchen.
* And if your relationship is high enough, ask her to eat you and then ask to be let out. If she didn't trick you, your relationship will improve.

Would be nice with some kind of cue to tell us it's improving our relationship, though I did figure out that watching TV with her did it since the small talk seemed to change. Of cause this can all wait until you actually work on the relationship aspect of the game, no reason to create a temp just to later have it block your plans.
Also "doing something to piss her off" can it be something as simple as picking dialog options during the arrival at her home? cause I hadn't taken her money, walked in on her showering or anything else that should make her angry...

Sriseru wrote:It does. It just does it too slowly right now, lol. The way improving skills work is that whenever you do an activity involving that skill, you'll earn skill xp, and once you've earned enough you will level up in that skill.

Yeah I found out: around day 4 of the next month suddenly I got told my fitness had decreased to 0 two times in a row and then on day 5 I got told it increased to 1... I think it might have some issues still but yeah it is working.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Younger99 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 am

Just curious by moving out at the end of the month in the game is it referring to September or October?
Just want that cleared up if that's fine.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Sriseru » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:29 pm

Younger99 wrote:Just curious by moving out at the end of the month in the game is it referring to September or October?

September. Though, I haven't implemented a deadline event yet.
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Younger99 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:26 pm

Sriseru wrote:
Younger99 wrote:Just curious by moving out at the end of the month in the game is it referring to September or October?

September. Though, I haven't implemented a deadline event yet.

Ah I see.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Xidas » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:41 am

There seems to be a bug where if you ask to be eaten, then are let out, any future vore will let you ask to be let out even though it wouldn't make sense (for example if you look around Elaine's room and she eats you).
Xidas
Been posting for a bit

Postby unfazedfox2 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:31 pm

Absolutely loved the game! a few bugs were found or errors but other than that, I love playing this. As a suggestion, maybe add in a "rub" or "small talk" button that'll be able to pass time while adding relationships to the characters while inside them. other than that, absolutely interested to see where this goes!
unfazedfox2
New to the forum

Postby HungryPinkie » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:08 pm

Definatly love this game! Lookin forward to more!
HungryPinkie
New to the forum

Postby Sriseru » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:32 pm

unfazedfox2 wrote:Absolutely loved the game! a few bugs were found or errors but other than that, I love playing this. As a suggestion, maybe add in a "rub" or "small talk" button that'll be able to pass time while adding relationships to the characters while inside them. other than that, absolutely interested to see where this goes!

I'm glad you liked it. ^w^
And I did actually add a "Massage" button in version a0.3. :3
Sriseru
Participator

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:31 am

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I feel like games locking content behind a paywall this early is a bad idea, there's hardly anything to do in 0.2, and locking things this early means we're stuck with gamebreaking bugs, like the crash I just got in the kitchen.
Also, does pushups do anything? I've done the 10 pushups option, like, ten times now and my character's stats haven't changed.

Anyway, suggestions and questions:
1. Please gray out options we can't afford, instead of just hiding the buttons. Maybe include the price so we know how much to save up.
2. There doesn't seem to be a shop to buy/rent a place to live. I assume I'm probably supposed to save up until the option appears, but I have no way of knowing. Heck, is it even in the game yet?
3. Forcefeeding/stuffing events?
4. Is there plans for player pred, or is the player just prey? The topic OP doesn't really clarify.
5. Unbirth, maybe? That might be a bit off-topic for this kind of game, though.
6. Maybe add a little "+0.4 fitness" or whatever popup when you do events that raise stats, or a "-$50" when you buy something.
7. Stat explanations? I made my character with high INT and luck, but as far as I can tell, the only stat that seems to do anything is strength... probably.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Drakeral » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:39 pm

@AnonymousRandomAnon

To be fair, this is very high quality for basically a very early demo. I've only played v.0.2 and I wasn't bored for a while. It's also being worked on- Patreon and such gives you early access to new builds but you'll eventually get to play v.03 I believe, which is absolutely fair and a thing that's done with quite a few games. Stuff like Twine games and Quest tend to be released earlier and for free with more content because honestly, they're easier (Twine moreso than Quest, although both can be relatively complex)- I'm actually working on a Twine interactive at the moment myself! Something like this with actual graphics and the Sims like mechanics is more difficult, so progress is a bit slow.
For what this is, and the sheer amount of quality compared to a few other vore games I've played, it's rather impressive, and I don't mind waiting a bit, especially as I was occupied for a few days with it getting all the possible end text and just faffing about to see what happens with stats and endings.

I'm not the dev obviously but from playing, you need to go into the apartment and leave in order to go places- you can go to the store to buy things, hang out with friends, go to the park to get other meters up. I don't think you can move out or such at the moment, since that would need the other roommates who are in V3. As far as I can tell, Strength matters and Charisma meant that my roommate liked me a lot more almost instantly- maybe three times after I talked to her.
Drakeral
New to the forum

Postby justlookinaround » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Excellent start, keep up the good work!
justlookinaround
Been posting for a bit

Postby Creaturedude » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Will there be other preds to be eaten by? Or just the room mate? Or, if there are where are they? (cause I apparently missed them if there are others)
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:21 am

Creaturedude wrote:Will there be other preds to be eaten by? Or just the room mate? Or, if there are where are they? (cause I apparently missed them if there are others)

---About the Game---
After waking up from a coma, you find yourself suffering from amnesia (yes, I know, it's super original). And once the hospital realizes that they cannot charge you for your stay, they kick you out.
However, your nurse takes pity on you and lets you stay at her place for a while on the condition that you get a job within two days and move out at the end of the month. And if you fail, she'll eat you (of course, she'll also eat you if you act like a prick or if you straight up ask for it).
More activities and characters will be added eventually, as well as new roommates you can move in with.

I don't want to be rude but maybe read the main post first next time...
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 am

Hansony wrote:
Creaturedude wrote:Will there be other preds to be eaten by? Or just the room mate? Or, if there are where are they? (cause I apparently missed them if there are others)

---About the Game---
After waking up from a coma, you find yourself suffering from amnesia (yes, I know, it's super original). And once the hospital realizes that they cannot charge you for your stay, they kick you out.
However, your nurse takes pity on you and lets you stay at her place for a while on the condition that you get a job within two days and move out at the end of the month. And if you fail, she'll eat you (of course, she'll also eat you if you act like a prick or if you straight up ask for it).
More activities and characters will be added eventually, as well as new roommates you can move in with.

I don't want to be rude but maybe read the main post first next time...

You're right, I didn't pay close enough attention there.
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Katar » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:44 pm

One of the best visual novel-esque vore games out there. I'd love to see Elaine come home with a full belly from eating some other shmuck eventually and see her digest them over the course of a few days
Katar
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game