Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. - 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.3.1

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Bruhidk wrote:Maybe someone else has already told you about this bug, but I got softlocked at the blind drake bit. I ate an enemy and started manual digestion before letting myself get eaten. The struggling worked for a while, but eventually, I think I heard a sound, it kept struggling to the left regardless of what I did. I waited a while and pressed other buttons, but it was stuck. I think maybe I struggled left on the same frame it finished digestion or something, Idk.

First off, did you mean auto digest or manual digest? Tried reproducing that myself with both, couldn't get it to happen - there are contingencies for starting auto digestion before getting eaten yourself (though I did find a different bug that allowed you to continue manual digestion while being eaten - fixed now though)

It's possible what you encountered was related to the known bug that causes a soft lock while struggling in the blind drake - pressing 3 or more struggle keys at once will cause that issue, do you recall having perhaps done that?

Whisper92 wrote:First, when getting eaten by the Drake, do you think you could simplify the struggle system to one key (you mentioned before that you had an issue with key bindings?) like the space bar, and in situations with a struggle, you have a struggle prompt a la RE4, Dead Rising, etc, pop up? Like, its just a picture with a flashing decal that says [SPACE]?

Secondly, would you mind sharing any common enemy ideas you are planning to develop? I know of a few that you’ve mentioned before and I’ve been thinking of some unique enemies and mechanics that I am willing to share if you are interested.

Simplifying the struggling to a single key seems a bit counter-intuitive to me, as the current setup allows for only a single key to be used anyway to effectively struggle, in addition to allowing specific directional input for struggling so there are varied struggle animations (though I may add a fifth "general" struggle animation when the space bar is used). I feel fairly confident that fixing the soft lock bug won't be too much of an issue, it's just low on my priority list right now considering it'll still take a good amount of time it seems and is an avoidable bug without detracting from gameplay at the moment. I do also have plans to give a little more depth to the struggling mechanics (like using stamina to struggle faster/harder), but I'm trying to steer clear of more quick-time event like gameplay (I haven't played RE4 or Dead Rising so I'm only assuming you're implying quick time events with those, might be wrong).

As for enemies here are some quick-fire concepts I have:
A patrolling guard that shoots straight-line projectiles at the player
An enemy that runs away from the player but heals KO'd enemies and is worth more health when eaten
An anthro-like alien viper enemy (think XCOM)
A stationary guard that takes a moment to aim directly at the player before shooting
Pallet-swap versions of existing enemies which are stronger and also are able to eat the player
A blue electric variant of the blind drake with stunning electric based attacks (the OG blind drake will also get more attacks, including the ability to drip acid on the floor from their tail for AOE damage over time)
As well as further robot enemies with tinies piloting them, though I haven't worked out further details on their behavior yet (perhaps one that is mostly just a scout and alerts other enemies? Or another that traverses vents exclusively?)
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:56 pm

Meh

I didn’t know you intended to add in different animations. That makes sense then, I was just trying to figure out the easiest way to get it done. (Also, for noobs to know what to do to beat a struggle or grapple).

Okay, so I see what you are going with for ideas, here are just a few things I thought of that you may find useful. Feel free to use them or not if you are interested.

Viper: i think we’re on the same page here, but i have some more to add. I think it would be cool for the viper to have a gun for range, and much like with Xcom2, give them the ability to wrap up the character and constrict them as well.

Some time ago, someone here mentioned using the size of your gut as a shield to protect yourself from being eaten; bigger gut means lower chance to be eaten. Well, what I think would be cool is that if you get wrapped up by the viper, they will squeeze and cause you to spit out whatever you have in your gut in the order they were eaten. Finally, if you get wrapped up with no meals in you, you get eaten and have to fight your way out.

Gremlins: i think the presence of nuisance enemies in the game would be cool. They stick to the vents and are a pest even by your enemies and can cause problems for you if you use vents in your play style. Gremlins could be little mice like enemies of small Bart Simpson- looking green men. They latch on to you and take away very small amounts of health every second, but are dangerous in large numbers. Eating them is time consuming and would only give back very small amounts of health. The idea is to use your gun or abilities to get rid of them.

Jellies: think of them like the chu chu amoeba-like enemies from Zelda Breath of the Wild. These things look like big mounds of jell-o and bounce around as they travel. Remember the gut protection from above with the Vipers? Well Jellies could be different in that they can just absorb the player regardless of how much they are carrying. The Jellies could be partially clear and we could see Mia inside them when they absorb her. If the player dies, then the animation is her dissolving or the Jelly changing color. For their vore animation, Mia could pull out a straw and drink them down.

Pinkie: I suggested the Pinkie demon from Doom before, and i want to do so again. Imagine an enemy that is rather front heavy, a big head and mouth, possibly quadrupedal. Their face is armored and to be killed via shooting, you need to break an armor or just unload into their head to weaken them. They can’t be eaten from the front without abilities or powerups, but they can be stunned and eaten from behind or sneak vored. For their vore animation (for the people who like hard vore) they could eat Mia from the torso up and repeatedly chomp on her midrif until death when then swallow her down.

Anyway, those are my ideas, i hope they are helpful or inspiring.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bruhidk » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:40 am

Maybe I did press three or more keys than, I think I might have been spamming.

Also, I meant the auto digestion. Sorry, I just thought that I saw somewhere that enter activated manual digestion.

Also, why does pressing three keys at once soft lock it, how do you solve it for 2 keys and why couldn’t that carry over?
Bruhidk
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Bruhidk wrote:Maybe I did press three or more keys than, I think I might have been spamming.

Also, I meant the auto digestion. Sorry, I just thought that I saw somewhere that enter activated manual digestion.

Also, why does pressing three keys at once soft lock it, how do you solve it for 2 keys and why couldn’t that carry over?

Well, when I first tried to patch it that was my thought exactly - the fix I implemented for 2 keys should have worked for all, but it didn't and that's what stumped me. However literally right before typing this I had an epiphany and found the reason - a variable was getting reset twice when you held one key too many :silly: That fix will be in within the week when the rest of the code optimization drops!

And thanks for the suggestions Whisper! Main thing I have to say is the Vipers probably won't use guns since they're more part of the alien crew (and there are several other ranged enemies as it is), but I've been throwing pseudocode around in my head trying to think of ways they could be "stealth hunters" and quietly track the player at a distance from great distances before striking if they pick up the player's trail.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:23 pm

“stealth hunters"

I really don’t know how you could program that with the engine (i’m assuming the game engine is rather simple) but I bet you have a plan or a way to do so. I just think that making the enemies more dangerous or challenging will have a larger emotional payoff to defeat them.

If I may. Maybe you could have have them spawn in and immediately track down the player instead of making them catch your scent. but the catch is that the player’s action is what triggers them to spawn in certain locations. Things like raising an alarm will spawn them, or killing enough enemies will cause one to be dispatched to investigate?

Also, i mentioned it before, but i still think a giant background enemy plant boss that you need to eat piece by piece would be really cool.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby testpilot24 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:30 am

Can you improve dragon. that when he eats you when your character have swallowed some prey that his belly will be bigger?

Currently he have belly of same size when swallows character without prey, with one of two preys.
testpilot24
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pm

v0.3.2 is out! Nothing flashy in this update, just an optimization with some bug fixes (and the stamina bar will now actually let you know when you try to perform an action without enough stamina). Please use this version of the game if you're going to play in the meantime though, it will help me find out if I broke anything sooner!

Whisper92 wrote:I really don’t know how you could program that with the engine (i’m assuming the game engine is rather simple) but I bet you have a plan or a way to do so. I just think that making the enemies more dangerous or challenging will have a larger emotional payoff to defeat them.

If I may. Maybe you could have have them spawn in and immediately track down the player instead of making them catch your scent. but the catch is that the player’s action is what triggers them to spawn in certain locations. Things like raising an alarm will spawn them, or killing enough enemies will cause one to be dispatched to investigate?

Also, i mentioned it before, but i still think a giant background enemy plant boss that you need to eat piece by piece would be really cool.

The engine itself is actually quite powerful, the limiting factor here is my own ability to code a system that can utilize it well enough. I do have a plan on how I could do this though, so we'll see how it works out.

Having enemies dispatched to track down the player would be cool, but again probably not for the viper enemies as they're currently just another alien held captive and breaking lose from the facility. Other enemies could use that dispatch and hunt system though.

And that's an idea for a boss! Bosses in general are still a bit off though. Lots of mechanics to iron out first.

testpilot24 wrote:Can you improve dragon. that when he eats you when your character have swallowed some prey that his belly will be bigger?

Currently he have belly of same size when swallows character without prey, with one of two preys.

Eventually - again something low on the priority list at the moment.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. - 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.3.2

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 am

of Step Eventobj_missile
for object obj_player:

Unable to find any instance for object index '94' name 'obj_missingstamina'
at gml_Object_obj_player_Collision_obj_missile
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_player_Collision_obj_missile (line -1)

Was in second area and was "restocking" on ammo from the first robot and this popped up after a while. I think it was after 4 or 5 salvos that I ate when this appeared not 100% sure though. Oh and I was eating three at a time so that may or may not have something to do with the error.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. - 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.3.2

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:26 am

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:___________________________________________
############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Eventobj_missile
for object obj_player:

Unable to find any instance for object index '94' name 'obj_missingstamina'
at gml_Object_obj_player_Collision_obj_missile
gml_Object_obj_player_Collision_obj_missile (line -1)

Was in second area and was "restocking" on ammo from the first robot and this popped up after a while. I think it was after 4 or 5 salvos that I ate when this appeared not 100% sure though. Oh and I was eating three at a time so that may or may not have something to do with the error.

Leave it to me to spend 4 hours coding something then forget to put the object that handles it into the actual game itself.
This will be fixed shortly, one other bug someone on the discord found that I want to address at the same time first!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. - 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.3.3

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Collision fix and the missing stamina fix has been uploaded!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:21 am

Patreon page is now live - check it out if you feel like supporting the game or want to see progress builds for the coming updates!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby BigD » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:39 am

Well, had a play through of the game, and I found it to be really fun. The alien pred looked nice. Most of the enemies were nice, I HATE those rocket bastards. I would recommend to put some sort of markers, as I got lost really easily in the first map. Didn't know that I had to go back up to progress further. Maybe some colour coded power lines or something similar. The rocket sections before and right after the alien section were horrifyingly annoying. Especially with the karma chargers wondering around down there. Can you kill enemies with the gun? If not, I would suggest extending the stun duration so that if your're fighting 2 enemies, you can stun one, then either stun the second and eat the first or stun the first and eat the second. I would also recommend that when an enemy is stunned, your gun shots can pass right through.
BigD
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:27 pm

Big D wrote:Well, had a play through of the game, and I found it to be really fun. The alien pred looked nice. Most of the enemies were nice, I HATE those rocket bastards. I would recommend to put some sort of markers, as I got lost really easily in the first map. Didn't know that I had to go back up to progress further. Maybe some colour coded power lines or something similar. The rocket sections before and right after the alien section were horrifyingly annoying. Especially with the karma chargers wondering around down there. Can you kill enemies with the gun? If not, I would suggest extending the stun duration so that if your're fighting 2 enemies, you can stun one, then either stun the second and eat the first or stun the first and eat the second. I would also recommend that when an enemy is stunned, your gun shots can pass right through.

The missile drones are getting a pretty significant nerf in the coming updates so they'll only fire 1 or 2 missiles at a time - additionally in the next update or two melee abilities will be coming out so you can deal actual damage to everything as the gun only stuns enemies that aren't the missile bot right now. Further down the line the gun will be upgradeable/replaceable with all sorts of new capabilities (more damage, charge shots, piercing shots, etc). As for the levels themselves, those will be getting more or less remade at some point here, especially since I'll be changing the viewport size to include a lot more space on screen. Enemies are supposed to be decently tough in numbers though, that's part of what's supposed to encourage the stealth aspect of the game OR fighting enemies while full since being fuller reduces damage and knockback (there will be further and more noticeable benefits again in the coming updates - this especially will relate to the coming perk system), though I believe some of the coming things like melee attacks should still help even the odds a decent bit!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby unit72 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:15 am

This game is surprisingly good! And because it's free, it's even better! Thank you and good luck with further development!
unit72
Been posting for a bit

Postby unit72 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:27 pm

Yesterday I completed the game with all prey eaten, but I thought is it possible to complete the game without vore at all? With no main weapon, no healing and no missile defence, it is possible after all! You can sprint from enemies or jump while holding down key to prevent detection, bait enemies to jump on lasers, move quickly so they don't have time to attack, and when you crawl (not sit) missiles miss you. If you take a hit, medikits are still there. Dashers are quite problematic with this restriction so you must stun and run to deal with them, especially in the last part of level 2, where you must not let them fall down to the section with rockets and kill you. The easy side of this walkthrough is that you don't have to check every corner to eat every prey so you can skip some routes (cyan button and powerups in level 2 for example).

I also found a softlock when the animation goes in endless loop when you get hit by missiles during auto digestion finishing animation while holding the Ctrl key. How to reproduce: eat a prey, find a robot, press enter, aggro the robot, press and hold Ctrl. Increased stamina regen prevents stamina from depleting and when animation plays and you get hit sometimes you can't do anything until you take damage again. If that happens far from enemies that's a softlock. (Just have reproduced the bug and even taking damage didn't help, so I guess I was lucky earlier)
unit72
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:44 pm

Momentum update is out!

unit72 wrote:Yesterday I completed the game with all prey eaten, but I thought is it possible to complete the game without vore at all? With no main weapon, no healing and no missile defence, it is possible after all! You can sprint from enemies or jump while holding down key to prevent detection, bait enemies to jump on lasers, move quickly so they don't have time to attack, and when you crawl (not sit) missiles miss you. If you take a hit, medikits are still there. Dashers are quite problematic with this restriction so you must stun and run to deal with them, especially in the last part of level 2, where you must not let them fall down to the section with rockets and kill you. The easy side of this walkthrough is that you don't have to check every corner to eat every prey so you can skip some routes (cyan button and powerups in level 2 for example).

I also found a softlock when the animation goes in endless loop when you get hit by missiles during auto digestion finishing animation while holding the Ctrl key. How to reproduce: eat a prey, find a robot, press enter, aggro the robot, press and hold Ctrl. Increased stamina regen prevents stamina from depleting and when animation plays and you get hit sometimes you can't do anything until you take damage again. If that happens far from enemies that's a softlock. (Just have reproduced the bug and even taking damage didn't help, so I guess I was lucky earlier)

Cool that you're finding alternate methods of running through the game - the other options for runs should expand considerably as more of the base mechanics get ironed out so should be new ways to play soon
Thanks for the bug report too, got it patched now and is included in the latest update!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.3.5 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby TheOtaku777 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:10 pm

DraconicSyntax, just a quick question, but how is the person playing the game meant to masturbate if they have to use both hands to play the game? I would suggest making one handed controls, and making two sets at that.

something like;
for left hand :
WASD for move/jump
Space for weapon
X/LCtrl for eat
C/LAlt for sprint
E for auto-digest
LShift for manual digest
B is mute

for right hand :
PL;' for move/jump
Space for weapon
./RCtrl for eat
,/RAlt for sprint
O for auto-digest
LShift for manual digest
N is mute

and Y is restart and H is zoom

Also, I'm not saying that these should be separately activated in a menu or something like that, just have them both automatically active, as neither key bindings should interact with the other (nothing is bound twice).
TheOtaku777
New to the forum

Postby Whisper92 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:26 pm

“ just a quick question, but how is the person playing the game meant to masturbate if they have to use both hands to play?”

That caused a literal spit-take when i read that.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby ittenkousei » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 am

This game is so nice!
By the way, can't she vore red dragon?
ittenkousei
New to the forum

Postby Junogray » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:27 pm

Just found the game and I love it, don't know if anyone has run into an issue with the dragon being a probably unintentional game over since I get an error every time it would be released

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Animation End
for object obj_enemy3:

Variable obj_player.<unknown variable>(100191, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_enemy3_Other_7
gml_Object_obj_enemy3_Other_7 (line -1)

seems like more people would be getting this error but if no one else is getting this, I'm not sure what I have wrong
Two fish in a tank, one says to the other "so, you know how to drive this thing?"
Junogray
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game