Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:52 am

Be not afraid; the thread has simply moved: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/

I'll still check here from time to time, and provide support, but there won't be any updates posted. It's all going to be on the LL thread going forward.
Last edited by Gherking on Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 52 times in total.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Gherking's Devourment Refactor Vore Dialogue

Postby runeguden » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:34 am

ill try this out
runeguden
Participator

Postby ownednooberhaha » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:41 am

I haven't done so much testing, but there seems to be an issue when an npc asks you to digest them, there are way to many options and they are way too long so you can't really tell what you are picking.

Otherwise, really happy with this, lots of dialogue options are always fun.
ownednooberhaha
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 am

Yeah, I can be pretty verbose. It follows the same basic tree structure as refactor does now though, since it was ALSO based on Hatter's dialogue of yore. I'll adjust it so that you no longer have the options to ask to digest them if they just OFFERED to be digested, that should cut it down.

EDIT: Done-zo. Let me know if you find anywhere else that things could reasonably be cut down without removing choice. I'm still thinking of a good solution for all the lethal digestion options...
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ownednooberhaha » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:44 pm

After more testing (without EZ2C dialogue menu) i'm still having the issue with the overloaded options. Also there seems to be some logic issues since regardless of how the npc is devoured they will recieve the same dialogue options which in many cases don't fit or make sense. I've looked through the mod and there are countless dialogue options i have yet to see because I have no idea how to get them.

Amazing work on this! Really enjoying playing with this as it gives much needed flavour to Vore. Keep working on this and it will be brilliant once all the bugs are sorted out!
ownednooberhaha
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm

ownednooberhaha wrote:After more testing (without EZ2C dialogue menu) i'm still having the issue with the overloaded options. Also there seems to be some logic issues since regardless of how the npc is devoured they will recieve the same dialogue options which in many cases don't fit or make sense. I've looked through the mod and there are countless dialogue options i have yet to see because I have no idea how to get them.

Amazing work on this! Really enjoying playing with this as it gives much needed flavour to Vore. Keep working on this and it will be brilliant once all the bugs are sorted out!

It's really not going to work properly without EZ2C. A lot of the prompts will probably be cut off before the end, and you might not be able to scroll down all the way.

Concerning the logic issues, NPC willingness isn't decided by whether you ate them with their permission or not, it checks a few internal AI variables (like confidence, assistance etc) to determine if they would be 'brave' enough to be down with it, even if you just gobbled them up in the street. There are still some responses that only fire if the prey was willing, or vice versa.

If that doesn't seem relevant to your concern, maybe you could send me an example screenshot of a response you don't think fits? I use this myself everyday, but don't have to run it out of an archive, so maybe I just donked up the getting it ready for release in some hilarious way.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Younger99 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:17 pm

Hmmm, I might give this a shot later.
Until then just posting so I can keep an eye on this.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:30 pm

[quote="ownednooberhaha"]Also there seems to be some logic issues since regardless of how the npc is devoured they will recieve the same dialogue options which in many cases don't fit or make sense.
/quote]

After some extended testing of my own, you appear to be right - I'm only getting vanilla responses for when you initially bring up dialog as pred. I'll look into this issue tomorrow afternoon. It was working fine yesterday, I wonder what stupid mistake I made?
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vennaya » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:12 pm

This just adds stuff, right? It doesn't change or remove any existing systems or dialogue?
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:22 pm

I don't think I /removed/ anything, but yes it /changes/ almost everything. It doesn't touch the stranger dialogue, and there are a very few branches it leaves un-altered. Apart from that...
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bloodle8 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:34 am

Big thanks for adding a scat toggle - that was always a part of Stranger that always bugged me, I had to change all the lines in CK myself lol. Haven't played with the mod yet, but looking forward to it!
Does this mod do anything to add those toggles to Stranger/Hatter dialogue, or are they entirely untouched? Stranger's great, but has a lot of scat references, and Hatter... Eh, Hatter's writing always rubbed me the wrong way, honestly. Maybe it's personal taste, or maybe it was the grammatical errors, but somethin' just killed my vibe.
bloodle8
Participator

Postby thefakemuff » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:23 am

So I was having a problem getting any of the devourment dialogue to actually appear and I thought it might have been my better dialogue controls mod but after quick saving and loading it seems to work just fine now. I've been really enjoying the mod so far and I like the idea of the random skull generation
thefakemuff
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:36 am

bloodle8 wrote:Big thanks for adding a scat toggle - that was always a part of Stranger that always bugged me, I had to change all the lines in CK myself lol. Haven't played with the mod yet, but looking forward to it!
Does this mod do anything to add those toggles to Stranger/Hatter dialogue, or are they entirely untouched? Stranger's great, but has a lot of scat references, and Hatter... Eh, Hatter's writing always rubbed me the wrong way, honestly. Maybe it's personal taste, or maybe it was the grammatical errors, but somethin' just killed my vibe.

I haven't touched the stranger dialogue, but this mod used to be based on hatter's dialogue way before Special Edition (let alone refactor or even dmaf) ever came out, so all of that is amended. I can add the appropriate conditions to all the stranger dialogue and have that out sometime this week.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:40 am

thefakemuff wrote:So I was having a problem getting any of the devourment dialogue to actually appear and I thought it might have been my better dialogue controls mod but after quick saving and loading it seems to work just fine now. I've been really enjoying the mod so far and I like the idea of the random skull generation

I'm glad to hear it! That's an odd thing to fix it, but hey, whatever works!

The random skull generation is one of my favourite things I've done, it worked SOOO well with Invidia's 'Burps and Bellies' for DFAM. It's actually 'working' right now, but I'd rather it was a little more polished...
I can't seem to do exactly what I wanted with it, but I have an ok idea that will work better than what it does now, but not quite as well as I should hope. Should be out tonight, barring complications.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ForgetfulHatter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:16 pm

woah
this is awesome! :D i really love what you've made here

I tried a few pred options and then some prey options
but by far my fav is getting a bounty for voring Lucan Valerius from riverwood lethally without consent. >:3

I also love how i can see tiny bits of dialogue from mine. uwu still there in part way.
but wow thats some great dialogue! and you did some MCM stuff as well. i never could understand that stuff. nor how half of strangers dialogues worked or connected. i just found a snippet of code that would be useful and worked with that. hehe
ForgetfulHatter
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 am

Gherking wrote:It wasn't easy to track down so many lines, so by all means let me know if I missed some! If you could tell me what the player says (even approximately), that would be really helpful.

Well since you asked for it, with reformation turned off I still got a reformation line when I responded to a "I was actually hoping to digest you, so I'll guess I let you be." or something like that. Response was "Well, I guess I'd be be okay with letting you digest me, if you promise to be reform me... Please be gentle..."
(I would also like to point out that the first be is doubled and the be right in front of reform shouldn't be there.)
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Gherking » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:24 am

ForgetfulHatter wrote:woah
this is awesome! :D i really love what you've made here

I tried a few pred options and then some prey options
but by far my fav is getting a bounty for voring Lucan Valerius from riverwood lethally without consent. >:3

I also love how i can see tiny bits of dialogue from mine. uwu still there in part way.
but wow thats some great dialogue! and you did some MCM stuff as well. i never could understand that stuff. nor how half of strangers dialogues worked or connected. i just found a snippet of code that would be useful and worked with that. hehe

I'm glad you like it! It was your videos that got me into devourment in the first place, and it was your mod that inspired me to go in there and change things myself. In a way, none of this would have happened without you!
Yeah, MCM was a bit of a headache to understand at first, but there are better resources for learning it now than there used to be. I was surprised to find out that it's all code, there's really no 'ui' for developing it. It's a bit clunky, but strangely refreshing in its simplicity. Stranger's dialogue used to baffle me too - until I saw that he had compacted it all by using prompts and conditions to have single branches handle the responses for multiple trees; ingenious, but totally incomprehensible if you come in blind.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:26 am

DarkPinkie wrote:Well since you asked for it, with reformation turned off I still got a reformation line when I responded to a "I was actually hoping to digest you, so I'll guess I let you be." or something like that. Response was "Well, I guess I'd be be okay with letting you digest me, if you promise to be reform me... Please be gentle..."
(I would also like to point out that the first be is doubled and the be right in front of reform shouldn't be there.)

Thanks for the heads up! I was sure I was going to miss things. I'll get that cleaned up and sorted out today. I take it since you're playing with reformation mentions off, that you'd prefer I go and add reformation-free variations to all the dialogue that mentions it (the way I did with scat)? I originally just toggled them out, but this removes your choices sometimes. I wasn't sure whether anyone actually wanted that feature... Now that I now that it's something people would be interested in, I'll go through with it.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Gherking's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby nopeman777 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question but dose this add-on add lines for player prey and can the player be reformed with this mod?
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Re: Gherking's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby Gherking » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:11 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question but dose this add-on add lines for player prey and can the player be reformed with this mod?

That's not a dumb question, and I would still welcome if it was. ReformationDialogue DOES add lines for player as prey, but they aren't as varied or variable as those for player as pred. There are still a few hundred of them though. If Player as prey is one of the things that people would like me to focus on next, then by all means I can. As for your second question, not yet. The way Devourment handles the player being digested is very different to how it handles an NPC being digested, but I could look into it. Were you thinking a sort of thing were you just wake up somewhere else later having been reformed, or something you have to do once taking control of your pred with 'become your killer'? The first would certainly be easier.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game