Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V33B

Postby SKREEEE » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:44 am

Could there be a possibility to make a mobile port for android and ios using the TestFlight app?
SKREEEE
New to the forum

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:26 am

so i discovered something neat with KuroTenko's mod and the Mantises, if you enable the CV Transfer, you can actually put a unit in the Mantis' Womb, even they they are permanently set to be unable to Unbirth. i tested this with Zoey and Zera as well and it works there too (i just picked two i knew had Unbirth perma-disabled).

Personally, i kinda like that interaction, it gives a reason to have armies composed of..... at least more than just mantises if you're building up a mantis army, so maybe keep it? up to you in the end though, since i'm assuming that probably isn't intentional. either way, it requires a lot of things turned on that are off by default, so no harm in general i guess?

Edit: i went on to test it with Cake, Catfish, Collectors, and Compy, and it worked on the first three. i THINK it has something to do with a lot of them being labeled Herm (in the case of the Mantises) or Female, because it DIDN'T work on the Compy, which is labeled as Male.

Double Edit: Did a bit more testing, and i'm certain it's just the CV Transfer thing not checking if the recipient is allowed to UB. Personally though, i kinda like it, you could write a story about that or something, an Army of Mantises, keeping a human they
Spoiler: show
kidnapped
Adopted, because he can help them reproduce. IDK, it's kinda neat.
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Postby Madara » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:38 pm

i think it will be cool if we use some ship so we could go to some island that require only ship to go there and why not more clothess for the dog and some other for the learder that be nice i hope that you use some of my idea
and i just want to say that i love this game there so much thing to do in that game :D
Madara
Been posting for a bit

Postby LegitUsername » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:29 pm

Can't wait for the next update~
Be gay, do vore
LegitUsername
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:28 pm

DigestionArousal wrote:Howdy, just requesting a few traits
VoreIncapable, Prey without the experience bonus
EssenceAbsorption for individual stats instead of all of them, maybe with less digestions per point
DivineBloodline divided up into its individual components, so you can pick and choose what stuff increases with level

Don't really want to explode into a lot of new traits at this point, but I reworked the prey trait to only give half the exp bonus it used to. Other people have also said that it felt like it scaled too much.

SKREEEE wrote:Could there be a possibility to make a mobile port for android and ios using the TestFlight app?

It's not really possible to convert this into a mobile game at this point, it's too big and unwieldy, plus the controls aren't really set up well for that.

Deathdealer5555 wrote:Personally, i kinda like that interaction, it gives a reason to have armies composed of..... at least more than just mantises if you're building up a mantis army, so maybe keep it? up to you in the end though, since i'm assuming that probably isn't intentional. either way, it requires a lot of things turned on that are off by default, so no harm in general i guess?

Well, since it's a player only issue and you'd have to do that on purpose and you want it in, I'll just leave it alone.

V34 released. A few new races, some minor things and some fixes.

34:
Added Komodos as a race, they're in the mercenary category. They were created by Micadi.
The Equines sprites have been completely redone.
Updated Demi-bat sprites by Micadi. Due to the large changes in the Equines and the demibats, any existing characters will be re-randomized, both to avoid potential errors, and so that any new types appear properly.
Added a random spell option to the create pure tactical screen. Note that it's not even remotely attempted to be balanced.
Reduced the prey exp bonus from 30% to 15%. Was originally intended to keep them competitive, but sometimes they ended up doing more than that.
Fixed a bug where adding or removing the prey trait to an entire army at once didn't change the predator flag properly.
By request, can now use belly rub on enemy units. The text is unchanged, and it's not in the right click menu to prevent accidents, but you can manually target on an enemy.
Updated the logic for calculating garrison a bit. It will still give the wrong numbers listed when feral units are involved, but now at least is closer, and will now create a defensive garrison when the army contains no prepared units and ferals are the majority race. (A comprehensive fix could be done, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort. It will still generate the correct number of troops, it's just the pre-battle display displays it wrong. If there's no active defense and the majority race isn't feral (i.e. no army, and no previous garrison/dismissed soldiers), it will still be conquered without a fight, but you can recruit a single feral unit if you want that to be avoided)
Updated the inescapable trait so it no longer breaks at really high stats, it will now always be 0.
Added an external flag for making the Kuro Tenko conversion no longer unbirth only. (see the external flags list.ext for more info if you want to use it)
Added an option to import a list of traits as the main traits for a race (the same as you could do with the gendered parts at the bottom, but this makes you not have to paste it 3 times, and makes it easier to see and work with.)
Pressing the escape key should now exit out of various submenus in the village screen.
Added a keyboard shortcut for pressing the undo button where it exists, it uses the common shortcut, ctrl-z.
Digestion coversion and the like will no longer force a unit to pop entirely out of the vore chain, they're still freed by the predator, but it places them where they logically should be.
Added additional tail vore messages, added tail rub messages, some general messages, and cleaned up some typos, thanks to Darklurker.
Added an option to change the way the Capital garrison bonus works. Instead of being a simple +8 to maximum garrison, it's still +8, but is capped at 50% higher than the empire's max garrison. I.e. with 16 person garrison it would still be 24 for the capital, but if the empire had a max garrison of 4, the capital would support a max of 6, instead of 12. This is done to better support smaller army size games without making the capitals near invincible.
Fixed the AI doing exactly the wrong thing if there was a gold mine it wanted to take with an enemy army on it. (Attack if it's too strong, ignore it if it thought it was an even or favorable battle)
Made it significantly less likely that two armies would have the same name (The specific names were already avoided, but the '34th ...' armies could end up the same.
Fixed a bug that could cause units to retreat the wrong direction in rare circumstances.
Fixed the terrain generator so that snow mountains can spawn as mountains in the cold areas, and broken hills spawn as mountains in the desert. I think those were added after the fractal terrain generator, but failed to get included so they were previously only available for manual placement.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V34

Postby LegitUsername » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:00 pm

A new update~ Can't wait to try it out!
Be gay, do vore
LegitUsername
Been posting for a bit

Postby bahamut24 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:23 pm

may there be addition to tactical mode (if possible):
random addition traits applied to each units, similar to Unbridled Hedonism's traits randomness

is it possible to have option where resurrection spell cannot be used on absorbing preys until it completely disgested?

i do like new look on equines and i adore komodo design-wise. i notice komodo's santa hat is covering their face, not sure if that is intended
Last edited by bahamut24 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cruelin660 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:07 pm

bahamut24 wrote:i notice komono's santa hat is covering their face, not sure if that is intended

That would be quite hard to ignore because it Covers the Entire head.
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm

bahamut24 wrote:may there be addition to tactical mode (if possible):
random addition traits applied to each units, similar to Unbridled Hedonism's traits randomness

is it possible to have option where resurrection spell cannot be used on absorbing preys until it completely disgested?

i do like new look on equines and i adore komodo design-wise. i notice komodo's santa hat is covering their face, not sure if that is intended

Random traits aren't likely to happen at this point.

I suppose I could set up an option for that resurrection, though it may end up affecting game balance a bit (because AI resurrections would be less likely to happen), but it's not a particularly balanced spell anyway, so that's probably fine.

No, that hat was not even intended for the Komodos, so it's disabled for now.

V34A released, some bug fixes to clean things up a bit.

34A:
Fixed up some miscellanous exceptions.
Fixed an exception if there wasn't a valid message for the type and the units. (Cumfeed was missing a more generic message, but this is a safety net for everything. )
Fixed a couple of minor graphic issues for the demibats.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V34A

Postby bahamut24 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 am

i use 34 version instead of 34A for now

i have to ask, is race editor only applied to strategic mode? i tried adjust stats for fun and it seems doesn't applied in tactical. i put 900 min and 1000 max on endurance and it doesnt change anything in tactical
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby TNT00007 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Can you add some special effects of counterattack? For example, only belongs to melee units "vore counterattack" and only belongs to remote units "remote counterattack" ?
TNT00007
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dihydrogenperoxide » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:45 pm

It would be cool if you could toggle individual bodypart digestion like in your other game
BTW, this game is great
Dihydrogenperoxide
New to the forum

Postby Thibs » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Small request, can a master slider be added to adjust garrison/army size once a game has started? As kingdoms get eliminated I like to increase garrison size for the challenge but once the game has started I have to adjust them all one by one. If it’s easy anyways, if it would be too much work then don’t worry about it.
Thibs
Been posting for a bit

Postby NearRaven » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 am

Question is there any custom events made by anyone that can be gotten
Last edited by NearRaven on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NearRaven
New to the forum

Postby TheGreatAndA » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:45 am

I always liked how customizable this game is. I typically prefer male preds, so I set things up to favor that. So, after turning random events on for the first time, it's kind of disappointing to find that they're pretty much exclusively female focused. I can't recall a single one that explicitly dealt with a male pred. It'd be nice if the events were a bit more evened out.

Also, this would probably be terrible for actual gameplay- but then, I enjoy making miserably bad choices in games like this, and more ability to do just objectively awful, unhelpful things would be nice. A young wyvern gets lost and wanders into town? You could try and recruit it, or return it to it's family. Or, you could just order the villagers to offer themselves up one after another til the little guy's too bloated to move, just because you think the poor thing could use a snack. A foreign envoy comes in with a stuffed gut? Instead of demanding their release or just letting it pass to maintain relations, you could go above and beyond and offer him a few nobles to eat as well; surely the pampered royalty tastes better than the servants he ate on his way here.

For obvious reasons, I don't actually expect something like that to make it into the game. It's just fun to think about. I like making things work out better for preds than they ever imagined- even though by all rights it REALLY shouldn't have.

Though, in the vein of horrible decisions to get your own people eaten that actually could be implemented, I'm hoping there'll be unique descriptions for eating surrendered prey, or bellyrubbing an enemy unit sometime.
TheGreatAndA
Been posting for a bit

Postby Thibs » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 am

Another small ask. Could it be possible to have Bandits spawn like the feral beast spawns so that you can toggle them on and adjust how strong they are?
Thibs
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:31 pm

bahamut24 wrote:i use 34 version instead of 34A for now

i have to ask, is race editor only applied to strategic mode? i tried adjust stats for fun and it seems doesn't applied in tactical. i put 900 min and 1000 max on endurance and it doesnt change anything in tactical

It should be applied everywhere. Changing stats wouldn't change an already saved game, but it affects any new tactical games created after that.

TNT00007 wrote:Can you add some special effects of counterattack? For example, only belongs to melee units "vore counterattack" and only belongs to remote units "remote counterattack" ?

I'd hesitate to do that at this point because it would greatly change the balance of the game, and may result in a lot of bugs.

Dihydrogenperoxide wrote:It would be cool if you could toggle individual bodypart digestion like in your other game
BTW, this game is great

Do you mean disabling vore types for individual units?

Thibs wrote:Small request, can a master slider be added to adjust garrison/army size once a game has started? As kingdoms get eliminated I like to increase garrison size for the challenge but once the game has started I have to adjust them all one by one. If it’s easy anyways, if it would be too much work then don’t worry about it.

Added a couple of buttons to that screen to allow them to be quickly set for you.

NearRaven wrote:Question is there any custom events made by anyone that can be gotten

Most of the custom events that exist that I know of got included into the custom events that's in the main download.

TheGreatAndA wrote:I always liked how customizable this game is. I typically prefer male preds, so I set things up to favor that. So, after turning random events on for the first time, it's kind of disappointing to find that they're pretty much exclusively female focused. I can't recall a single one that explicitly dealt with a male pred. It'd be nice if the events were a bit more evened out.

Also, this would probably be terrible for actual gameplay- but then, I enjoy making miserably bad choices in games like this, and more ability to do just objectively awful, unhelpful things would be nice. A young wyvern gets lost and wanders into town? You could try and recruit it, or return it to it's family. Or, you could just order the villagers to offer themselves up one after another til the little guy's too bloated to move, just because you think the poor thing could use a snack. A foreign envoy comes in with a stuffed gut? Instead of demanding their release or just letting it pass to maintain relations, you could go above and beyond and offer him a few nobles to eat as well; surely the pampered royalty tastes better than the servants he ate on his way here.

For obvious reasons, I don't actually expect something like that to make it into the game. It's just fun to think about. I like making things work out better for preds than they ever imagined- even though by all rights it REALLY shouldn't have.

Though, in the vein of horrible decisions to get your own people eaten that actually could be implemented, I'm hoping there'll be unique descriptions for eating surrendered prey, or bellyrubbing an enemy unit sometime.

Yeah, most of the events (and custom events) were written by a person that's really into female preds. I think I only created a few (if even that many), and mine were either generic, or female focused. I'm not opposed to having male centered events, or decisively bad choices in there, but the process of adding the built in ones was slightly unwieldy, and I basically wore out just getting the events that exist into there, which is why I decided to offload most of the work into the simpler but less powerful custom event system.

Thibs wrote:Another small ask. Could it be possible to have Bandits spawn like the feral beast spawns so that you can toggle them on and adjust how strong they are?

Yeah, I might try to tackle a simple system for that in another patch.

V34B released, fixing up some bugs and cleaning up some issues.

34B:
Added a couple of buttons to the 'edit world settings' screen to change all max army sizes or max garrison sizes at the same time.
Fixed some minor kobold and dragon sprite issues.
Fix for cheat replacing race not updating the replaced race correctly. I'm almost certain that was working at one point, but it wasn't now, so it's fixed. It should retroactively fix itself on old savegames, too.
Rebels and Bandits will no longer try to change the name of an abandoned village when they capture it, they didn't really have an assigned race, so they gave it non-sensical names. If they do capture it, it will just stay named abandoned town until it's captured by someone that can name it.
AI Empires should handle shopping for feral units better, and not try to buy them stuff they can't use.
Fixed the Complete Elimination victory condition so it no longer counts monster empires / goblins as things needing to be eliminated (since that could lead to endless games, and you can always set it to endless if you want it to be endless)
Added an option related to the KuroTenko mod that disables scat after a transfer of someone dead. It's assumed you're not passing along enough matter for them to create that. (You might argue the first pred still should, but that would require doubling up the prey, so it's best kept simple.)
Fixed the create tactical spellbook % being the wrong scale, 0% was no books, 1% was all books, instead of being divided by 100 like it should have been.
Fix for randomizing customization not working properly for races that have a 'queen' (Ants, Slimes)
Fix for units being freed from fled units appearing at the position they were eaten, instead of where their pred fled.
Fix for units whose race was converted to a melee-only race not updating gear appropriately.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V34B

Postby Dihydrogenperoxide » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:09 pm

I mean like how you can toggle fatal and non-fatal mode for each body part
Dihydrogenperoxide
New to the forum

Postby TNT00007 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:22 am

^^; Mainly because I've tried to use several melee units of level 200 against a group of remote units of level 133...The result was a complete failure. That's why I put forward this idea... The balance problem, I mean, is similar to ("vore counterattack" has a range of 1 space all over the body and a trigger probability of 5%~10%)?
TNT00007
Been posting for a bit

Postby InigoNotMontoya » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:14 pm

I was wondering if there were any plans of ever adding more interactions between friendly empires, or even between those at war. I'm thinking of things on the line of being forced to give "tribute" of some sort to increase relations and keep them from attacking, and other similar things?
I absolutely love the game, and I always look forward to each and every update. I'm so glad you've worked on it for so long, it honestly goes into my top favorites!
InigoNotMontoya
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game