Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Gherking's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby nopeman777 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Gherking wrote:
nopeman777 wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question but dose this add-on add lines for player prey and can the player be reformed with this mod?

That's not a dumb question, and I would still welcome if it was. ReformationDialogue DOES add lines for player as prey, but they aren't as varied or variable as those for player as pred. There are still a few hundred of them though. If Player as prey is one of the things that people would like me to focus on next, then by all means I can. As for your second question, not yet. The way Devourment handles the player being digested is very different to how it handles an NPC being digested, but I could look into it. Were you thinking a sort of thing were you just wake up somewhere else later having been reformed, or something you have to do once taking control of your pred with 'become your killer'? The first would certainly be easier.

Ah thanks for letting me know about there being prey dialogue. Even a few extra lines is great! As for the reformation thing I was thinking of something like waking up after being digested and reformed. And maybe if your pred is a non hostile character you can have a convo about it if that sounds doable.
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:43 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Ah thanks for letting me know about there being prey dialogue. Even a few extra lines is great! As for the reformation thing I was thinking of something like waking up after being digested and reformed. And maybe if your pred is a non hostile character you can have a convo about it if that sounds doable.

I think it's a possibility, but I'll have to look into it. If things like Death Alternative work the way I'm guessing, it shouldn't be TOO much trouble... It's certainly getting my idea juices flowing - If they're a friendly character they might reform you themselves, if you got digested by a bandit or whatever your follower might track you down and reform you or you might be reformed by a temple, etc. Lots of potential, pending my actually confirming it to be plausible.

I'll have to get the kinks in the dialogue mod as it stands ironed out first, the last thing we'd want on Eka's would be kinks.

Speaking of the two mods as they stand, has anyone tried ReformationAi? Thoughts? If your thoughts are mostly that I should rename it something less confusing since AI is only the least part of what it does and is, that's totally legitimate.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Glad you like the idea and what you are thinking of sound really cool! As for the other two mods I am gonna try them out now.
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:17 am

If you ported this to refractor, is there a version for devourment male and female that you made beforehand?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:26 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:If you ported this to refractor, is there a version for devourment male and female that you made beforehand?

Of which, Dialogue or AI? It's true in both cases, but at this point I've improved them both so much in the process that I would rather port them BACK again if anyone wanted that. For AI it would be the work of an hour (and it would also let you reform all NPCs too since DFAM never had that), and I'm planning to try porting Dialogue over sometime within a week or so for a few poor DFAM bastards who're having trouble switching over.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am

Gherking wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:If you ported this to refractor, is there a version for devourment male and female that you made beforehand?

Of which, Dialogue or AI? It's true in both cases, but at this point I've improved them both so much in the process that I would rather port them BACK again if anyone wanted that. For AI it would be the work of an hour (and it would also let you reform all NPCs too since DFAM never had that), and I'm planning to try porting Dialogue over sometime within a week or so for a few poor DFAM bastards who're having trouble switching over.

I would enjoy seeing them ported back honestly. And I honestly have a few problems with refactor which probably would be solved after more development is done, but I also have problems with getting engine fixes working without the game just not starting up. My anti-virus seems to be the reason, but I also added exceptions to it and it still doesn't want to work. I would rather not disable my anti-virus everytime I want to play a game honestly.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:I would enjoy seeing them ported back honestly. And I honestly have a few problems with refactor which probably would be solved after more development is done, but I also have problems with getting engine fixes working without the game just not starting up. My anti-virus seems to be the reason, but I also added exceptions to it and it still doesn't want to work. I would rather not disable my anti-virus everytime I want to play a game honestly.

I'll look into it. DFAM's infrastructure is inferior to refactor, so I can't promise either will be as polished as they are here... But it should be possible. You could also try using a different anti-virus, it's definitely worth switching to be able to use refactor IMO.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vennaya » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 pm

So will your dialogue addon work with the most recent version of Refactor? We got an update recently to refactor that supposedly shunts all the vore dialogue under a single dialogue tree to minimise clutter.

Also, how exactly do you use the reformationAI addon? The spells did not get added to me after launching the game, and the spells dont even appear in the "Additemmenu" mod (Probably because they don't have associated spell books), so i had to add them through the console. But the spells...Don't seem to do anything? Or atleast, "Reform unknown skull" doesnt seem to do anything. When are you supposed to use it? With a skull just in your inventory? with a skull inside of you? tbh i was expecting the spell to be directional, to be casted on skulls you drop on the ground.
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Vennaya wrote:So will your dialogue addon work with the most recent version of Refactor? We got an update recently to refactor that supposedly shunts all the vore dialogue under a single dialogue tree to minimise clutter.

Also, how exactly do you use the reformationAI addon? The spells did not get added to me after launching the game, and the spells dont even appear in the "Additemmenu" mod (Probably because they don't have associated spell books), so i had to add them through the console. But the spells...Don't seem to do anything? Or atleast, "Reform unknown skull" doesnt seem to do anything. When are you supposed to use it? With a skull just in your inventory? with a skull inside of you? tbh i was expecting the spell to be directional, to be casted on skulls you drop on the ground.

It's working fine with my test version, which I'll upload later today if I can iron out the unrelated troubles with it.

That is odd that the spells didn't get added - since I added them directly to the 'Player' form. They get added for me. I can always make spell tomes for them and put them somewhere, I guess.
Revivify is meant to be cast on a dead body that has always been dead, like the mage in the cage in Helgen, for instance. It'll resurrect them and make them susceptible to being properly eaten and reformed - something the regular 'resurrect' or 'recycleactor' commands can never do. The 'Reform Unknown Skull' spell is meant to be used when you have some 'vanilla' skulls in your inventory Graywinter Watch on the way to Valtheim Towers from Whiterun has like twelve of them. If you want to test it, open the console from the main menu (before loading a save) and type 'tdetect' (so the trolls don't see you) and then type 'coc GrayWinterWatch01'. Pick a few up and try the spell. If that doesn't work, I'll repackage it with the scripts outside the archive. That place also conveniently has a couple dead bandits, so you can test 'Revivify' if you're curious to see it work.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:34 pm

After trying out the two mods (after figuring out how to get combat vore to work) I would say everything went well and I enjoyed the mods. The only bugs I found where that after reforming someone in my belly that if I spoke to them and vomited them using dialog from reformationai that they would disappear after coming out however the npc would be fine if I just used the vomit power instead. The other weird bug I could not replicate was one of the forced vore lines for player as pred just said "w". Other than that everything went fine and I really enjoyed the depth of your dialogue and its not like the bugs are major ones.
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm

nopeman777 wrote:After trying out the two mods (after figuring out how to get combat vore to work) I would say everything went well and I enjoyed the mods. The only bugs I found where that after reforming someone in my belly that if I spoke to them and vomited them using dialog from reformationai that they would disappear after coming out however the npc would be fine if I just used the vomit power instead. The other weird bug I could not replicate was one of the forced vore lines for player as pred just said "w". Other than that everything went fine and I really enjoyed the depth of your dialogue and its not like the bugs are major ones.

Hah, I can't BELIEVE you found that little 'w' error. I accidentally pressed w on the prompt screen of ONE of the like twenty or thirty responses, it's already fixed for the next version. It'll be a re-vamp of the prey 'personality' system that decides what lines prey will say, so they should be more consistent in their tone. It SHOULD be out in a few hours, barring (very possible) complications.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vennaya » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:15 pm

Gherking wrote:
It's working fine with my test version, which I'll upload later today if I can iron out the unrelated troubles with it.

Okay! Let us know when you post the updated version! I didn't realise until now that the dialogue being modified to a single tree was an optional addon on the fomod installer, so i can only assume that the current version will work too, provided that that option is not ticked.
And okay, i'll give it a whirl, see if it was just the skulls that i had that weren't working. The skulls i was trying to use it on were previously named skulls, turned un-named by picking them up from a bookshelf directly, which seems to remove their name.
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Vennaya wrote:Okay! Let us know when you post the updated version! I didn't realise until now that the dialogue being modified to a single tree was an optional addon on the fomod installer, so i can only assume that the current version will work too, provided that that option is not ticked.
And okay, i'll give it a whirl, see if it was just the skulls that i had that weren't working. The skulls i was trying to use it on were previously named skulls, turned un-named by picking them up from a bookshelf directly, which seems to remove their name.

Will do! Even so it should still work, it just won't obey being CAGED by THE MAN into the single 'Vore' prompt. Make sure to read that last one in an OTT hippie voice.

Yeah, that would explain it with the skulls. The skulls given to NPCs by Refactor are technically different 'editor forms', so my script wouldn't even have seen them. I'm curious; did you do that on purpose in order to try 're-rolling' the prey, or were you experimenting with the by-product of an accident? Because if the former, devious AND ingenious!
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:45 pm

Hey just something I noticed when trying to use alterative death mods and devourment. When the player dies the alternative death mod tries to do its thing but devourment still treats the player like they are vored (Camera still centered on pred, the shout button is tries to regurtaite and player is invis) So just as a heads up if you get to a reforming player mod that you have to watch out for that. Don't know how much help that is since I don't know how to make mods but just thought to let you know when you get around to it.
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Hey just something I noticed when trying to use alterative death mods and devourment. When the player dies the alternative death mod tries to do its thing but devourment still treats the player like they are vored (Camera still centered on pred, the shout button is tries to regurtaite and player is invis) So just as a heads up if you get to a reforming player mod that you have to watch out for that. Don't know how much help that is since I don't know how to make mods but just thought to let you know when you get around to it.

Thanks for the warning. I'll look into it sometime soon.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:10 pm

Updated Dialogue! Check the changelog in the main post for details.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:14 pm

Gherking wrote:
nopeman777 wrote:Hey just something I noticed when trying to use alterative death mods and devourment. When the player dies the alternative death mod tries to do its thing but devourment still treats the player like they are vored (Camera still centered on pred, the shout button is tries to regurtaite and player is invis) So just as a heads up if you get to a reforming player mod that you have to watch out for that. Don't know how much help that is since I don't know how to make mods but just thought to let you know when you get around to it.

Thanks for the warning. I'll look into it sometime soon.

To be fair though I was not using Death Alternative - Your Money Or Your Life but other mods with similar features and I just read on the main post that refractor only has plugins for Death Alternative - Your Money Or Your Life and not other mods like it
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vennaya » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:35 pm

Gherking wrote:
Vennaya wrote:Okay! Let us know when you post the updated version! I didn't realise until now that the dialogue being modified to a single tree was an optional addon on the fomod installer, so i can only assume that the current version will work too, provided that that option is not ticked.

Will do! Even so it should still work, it just won't obey being CAGED by THE MAN into the single 'Vore' prompt. Make sure to read that last one in an OTT hippie voice.

Yeah, that would explain it with the skulls. The skulls given to NPCs by Refactor are technically different 'editor forms', so my script wouldn't even have seen them. I'm curious; did you do that on purpose in order to try 're-rolling' the prey, or were you experimenting with the by-product of an accident? Because if the former, devious AND ingenious!

It was mostly the result of an accident.
Normally, you can't put things like skulls on bookshelves but i'm using a mod with my own custom made patch (which is reccomended to do, by the mod author) to allow skulls to be placed on bookshelves for display. Accessing the bookshelf as a container allows me to normally add or remove named skulls, but taking them off the bookshelf via direct pickup causes them to turn in to typical "Skull - Human" Skulls etc. I did that exact thing by accident and because it was turned in to a generic skull i figured i might be able to reform said skull in to SOMETHING, not necessarily the original NPC, if i used your addon. Unfortunately it was not to be.
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Postby nopeman777 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:48 pm

Oh and since I am full of ideas at the moment and hope you don't mind me sharing. Another idea could be a addon where you become sentient fat your pred and are subject to being teased and talk to through dialogue but since your the dragonborn and your soul is powerful you can control of your pred (kind of like become your killer) with or without their consent and play around as them while you are still treated as sentient fat. I thought of this due to some of your dialogue referencing sentient fat and stuff. I don't know if this is even possible or to hard to do but just wanted to put out the idea.
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vennaya » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:30 pm

One issue with "ReformationAI" Addon that i have noticed.

Spoiler: show

Those images, basically.

Typically the "Black head" Bug happens in mods when its in the wrong loadorder relative to the parent mod, if it has any, usually because one mod changes the appearance of NPCs from another mod...But this is entirely self-implemented, and doesn't actually interact with Refactor itself to make the new NPCs, right? So what might be causing this?
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game