SS13- V.O.R.E. Station

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

SS13- V.O.R.E. Station

Postby Catblaster » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:43 pm

Hey Eka's! Long time no see, because we lost our old advert on here and no one ever remembered to put back up a new one! Hah, so here I am making another post several years after the fact to advertise that we're still around and looking for new folks!

Rolling back out V.O.R.E. Server

For those of you who don't know. V.O.R.E. or Virgo Orbital Research Establishment (Most players tend to call the place Virgo) is a major server on the SS13 game engine, a 2d Space Game which allows for a very high level of customizability in making your choice character to play on the NSB Adephagia, a gigantic base built around a space tether. So one half of the base is on the planets surface, and connected by a gigantic elevator to an asteroid in Low Earth Orbit.

Our server's philosophy is we're primarily an area for 18+ only Vore, ERP and General RP enthusiasts to come an interact in a constantly persistent environment! We're geared heavily towards vore but we welcome most everyone to our community for their preferences.

But V.O.R.E. is still a game, a Free to Play Multiplayer Game, but a game nonetheless. You can go mine, cook food, grow an unholy amount of crops that nearly break the server, build in any of the abandoned rooms onstation or even go out on exploration missions for some good PvE action!

But that's not why I'm advertising here on Eka's, of course. What the game elements add to SS13 is that we have a VERY customizable vore system. You can design "bellies" and set your preferred text and mechanics for them. They're really easy to change up and every character of mine is running at least one custom one!
Yes, that's right, I said every character of mine. If you have a lot of characters and can't decide virgo offers a mindbogglingly huge 35 character slots for you to design! Like a character but want to make an alt for them? No problem at all! My main has SEVEN! I should probably see a therapist!

The community is great, we're always online 24/7. Server is always persistent so there's almost always someone online (at the time of posting I see 46 players online, and we have definitely gone above that number on the reg). Not to mention, staff are always trying to run events, many of which are specifically designed for certain fetishes (Don't worry we try not to make it too cringy) that you might really like! You should join our discord after you make a byond account from the instructions below!

SS13 can be kind of daunting though, so we have a wiki specifically to help with that! Before you do anything though, we're gonna need you to read the rules to see if our server is right for you. Link herehttps://wiki.vore-station.net/Rulesand if you're still interested, great! Below is instructions on how to play.

How to play

The game is made in BYOND this means you’ll need to download and run the byond launcher to join the server! http://www.byond.com/download/
If you’re already familiar with BYOND, here is our address:

-Server Address:byond://vore-station.net:2303

Once you've downloaded the program and made an account, login and go to the OPEN button on the upper left side of the screen. Open Location should come up and you can put byond://vore-station.net:2303 into the line and press Ok. And WHAM, you're in! I, and the rest of the staff at V.O.R.E. can't wait to have you!

If you want to get to know all the gang a bit better, the link to virgo's discord is https://discord.gg/kK7vcFkv69 and if you give us your Ckey (the byond username you created) then you're one of us! Happy Hunting!
Catblaster
New to the forum

Re: SS13- V.O.R.E. Station

Postby Desudesune » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 am

It's a good time with a lot of good snacks people on it, highly recommend.
Desudesune
Been posting for a bit

Postby Morkeleb » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:07 pm

I prefer Citadel station, which also has vore and erp and furries, BUT also actual gameplay.

Virgo server doesn't have antags, there's no drama, no baddies, no spontanaity, no random excitement. Even the random events in virgo are tame and luke warm compared to other servers. The most dangeorus I've seen is the occasional spider infestation, whereas on other servers XENOS can spawn, or a blob. or a bluespace commando attack by the syndicate, or a deadly meteor swarm.

Citadel? has all that, everything virgo has AND antagonists that you yourself can sometimes play as. Nuke ops, xenos, blood cult, traitors, changelings. hell even the occasional space wizard.

When Virgo gets all that, I'll be interested, but until then, no thank you.
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:55 pm

I get this screen everytime I join. Am I missing something?

https://imgur.com/a/7J6cT9W
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 pm

Morkeleb wrote:I prefer Citadel station, which also has vore and erp and furries, BUT also actual gameplay.

Virgo server doesn't have antags, there's no drama, no baddies, no spontanaity, no random excitement. Even the random events in virgo are tame and luke warm compared to other servers. The most dangeorus I've seen is the occasional spider infestation, whereas on other servers XENOS can spawn, or a blob. or a bluespace commando attack by the syndicate, or a deadly meteor swarm.

Citadel? has all that, everything virgo has AND antagonists that you yourself can sometimes play as. Nuke ops, xenos, blood cult, traitors, changelings. hell even the occasional space wizard.

Last ive stepped into Citadel hardly anyone was into vore and there were some actively trying to prevent it so.. yeah.

In any case, what happened to the old thread? Did it get deleted?
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Catblaster » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Egads wrote:I get this screen everytime I join. Am I missing something?

No? That SHOULD be it, it looks like you need to give it a moment or two to download resources is all. It has a habit of needing a moment especially if its at round start.
Catblaster
New to the forum

Postby Catblaster » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Morkeleb wrote:I prefer Citadel station, which also has vore and erp and furries, BUT also actual gameplay.

Hi. Thanks for the honest response and i do appreciate your thoughts.

Yes i dont deny that citdel has more action stuff. But simply put, thats not what we're striving for. We strive for the rp first under our mission statement while citadel goes for game mechanics. I wont deny if you are looking to play ss13 in its traditional sense then citadel has a far more welcoming atmosphere for you.

Virgo mainly strives for being an rp environment friendly to your average denizens of ekas. If youre looking to play your oc in an action packed environment I think its entirely fair to assume Citadel probably offers a better experience (though we have begun doing combat events of late, just preannounced on some scale). However, if you're wanting a more laid back and relaxed rp experience for your vore i personally think virgo is more up said players alley.

Youre entirely entitled to your opinion though! Cit is a large server because it appeals to so many, we just feel that we have a niche we cover pretty well in our own regards!

Cheers
Catblaster
New to the forum

Postby Egads » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Catblaster wrote:

No? That SHOULD be it, it looks like you need to give it a moment or two to download resources is all. It has a habit of needing a moment especially if its at round start.

For some reason uninstalling and then reinstalling BYOND solved the issue.
Also, hopefully this station accepts newcomers since I just found out about this vore server :D
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AnastasiaOccult » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Egads wrote:
Catblaster wrote:

For some reason uninstalling and then reinstalling BYOND solved the issue.
Also, hopefully this station accepts newcomers since I just found out about this vore server :D

Given the much slower pace and roleplay-focus of gameplay during rounds, this is a good server to cut your teeth on Space Station 13 by learning some of the mechanics, just don't expect all mechanics to be 1:1 with other codebases, obviously. I did the same thing when I was just getting back into SS13 after a long hiatus.
AnastasiaOccult
New to the forum

Postby AlyssaWheeler » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:18 pm

Egads wrote:

Can confirm, very nice community and good people :P

If you want an RP enviroment and just wanna hang, Virgo's a nice place to be :3
Kitsune Supreme!
Discord: Alyssa#7865
AlyssaWheeler
New to the forum

Postby Ryuuenzan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:39 pm

Will admit, bit tentative to join myelf, as I have literally no idea what I would be doing directly, or the lore behind it but ill probably join in at some point, and see if it goes anywhere.
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit

Postby daeway » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm

so...
an online pred/prey game?
daeway
Participator

Postby Vae » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:59 pm

player1 wrote:

Last ive stepped into Citadel hardly anyone was into vore and there were some actively trying to prevent it so.. yeah.

In any case, what happened to the old thread? Did it get deleted?

that was my experience with Citadel as well. I really miss how it used to be, because the balance between gameplay and vore was a blast.

VORE may not be perfect, but at least i don’t feel judged like on citadel.
Vae
Somewhat familiar

Postby Spazero » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:21 am

This seems like a lot of fun and from glancing at some of the things on the Wiki, impressively detailed. I read over your rules and, if you don't mind, have a few questions before trying this out.

Will I expected to have a full understanding of the world's lore or can I come up with some sort of in character excuse for mass ignorance and learn as I go?

I saw your rule regarding overly large and small characters... I personally prefer the micro aspect of macro/micro and so rarely get to see it in some sort of multiplayer fashion. That said, is three inches too small? Is the community receptive of macro/micro? I know in the rules you said it was already shaky. I definitely don't want to go in rocking the boat.

Thanks in advance!
Spazero
New to the forum

Postby maraudingmarauder » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:18 am

Spazero wrote:This seems like a lot of fun and from glancing at some of the things on the Wiki, impressively detailed. I read over your rules and, if you don't mind, have a few questions before trying this out.

Will I expected to have a full understanding of the world's lore or can I come up with some sort of in character excuse for mass ignorance and learn as I go?

I saw your rule regarding overly large and small characters... I personally prefer the micro aspect of macro/micro and so rarely get to see it in some sort of multiplayer fashion. That said, is three inches too small? Is the community receptive of macro/micro? I know in the rules you said it was already shaky. I definitely don't want to go in rocking the boat.

Thanks in advance!

I mean, do you personally know all of earth's history and current events?
It's totally cool to play a character that doesn't know all the lore. If anything, it's better than some walking encyclopaedia.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Catblaster » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:01 am

Spazero wrote:This seems like a lot of fun and from glancing at some of the things on the Wiki, impressively detailed. I read over your rules and, if you don't mind, have a few questions before trying this out.

Thanks in advance!

You won't be expected to know everything. If you're gonna make a big claim that may need backing you should probably check first on the wiki. (I was born on earth is fine but saying Im a princess of Mars probably wouldn't make any sense). Typically play it by ear, lore isn't coming up nonstop so you should be relatively fine.

As for size, we'd prefer 4 inches as the minimum size due to previous rules we had set of 4 inches minimum and 25 feet maximum on height. Three probably wouldn't get you BWOINK'ed (the classic admin noise that let me warn you WILL startle you that first time) but its a good minimum for us so we dont have a nearly subatomic crewmember aboard.
Catblaster
New to the forum

Postby tracker9922 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 pm

Will chime in here to say that SS-13 is certainly a unique experience as far as I've found, and the virgo server crew is fun and friendly~

there's always new people learning the ropes with a game thats as mechanical as this is, but don't let it put you off, purrlenty of funtimes to be had~
tracker9922
Been posting for a bit

Postby SomeDonkus » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:39 pm

Banned from here, and the majority of SS13 servers. Hippie Station was the best, IMO.
SomeDonkus
New to the forum

Postby Talon13 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:39 pm

I need to learn how to play this game at some point... But I was also wondeirng if people were aware of unity station? Steam just threw it into my face recently.
Talon13
Participator

Postby SomeDonkus » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 pm

Talon13 wrote:I need to learn how to play this game at some point... But I was also wondeirng if people were aware of unity station? Steam just threw it into my face recently.

Unity Station is shit.
SomeDonkus
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game