Voraria Mod: PFI Edition

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Voraria Mod: PFI Edition

Postby SirPFI » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Hello Eka's visitors!

In light of the extended absence of Maroy and my desire to see a wide and entertaining vore mod for one of my favourite games basically ever, I present to you the Voraria Mod: ParticularlyFlawedIndividual Edition!

PFI Edition comes with some core changes to the way vore is implemented in order to make it more involved, a large variety of new sounds and audio options, and some general bug fixes here and there.

Here is a list of what is new:

- Vore Mechanics Overhaul! -

Spoiler: show
-Being swallowed by hungry predators has an increased sense of urgency and player involvement, and a more "video game"-y struggling and escape mechanic has been added.
-Predators begin digesting players slowly, but speed up over time. Predators' stomachs will sextuple in speed if sufficiently riled up! Even enemies with lower digestion damage can rack up some pain surprisingly fast. Digestion accelerates at an exponential rate.
-Digestion damage is based on the predator's damage value, and is mitigated by the player's total defense. Unique modes of defense like Calamity's prevalent damage resistance mechanic are not compatible.
-To be specific, predators deal anywhere from 25% of their damage value per second all the way up to 150%! Players can mitigate this with their defense like any other damage.
-Enemies are quite dangerous without appropriate defense; fighting hardmode enemies without protection is a quick way to get gurgled.
-The sturdier an enemy, the harder they are to escape from. The amount of successful struggles required to escape an enemy is based on their defense and health values.
-In order to escape predators, players will be given a directional prompt. Press the correct direction while the button is lit up in order to struggle successfully. Struggle while no buttons are lit or in the wrong direction and you'll just make it easier for your pred to digest you.
-Successful struggling will get you closer to escaping and slow down digestion a bit.
-Kicking about like a loon unsuccessfully will rile your predator up, letting them digest you at max speed and delaying any further struggling for a somewhat unpredictable time. This starts out as just a brief penalty but quickly becomes lethal!
-Note: I have not done a grand amount of balance testing; I will tune and tweak things to make the game more enjoyable later. Any player input in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
-These changes are subject to themselves being changed in the future. No direction taken is final.

New (see changelogs for more):
-Nonfatal digestion mechanics
-New player as pred mechanics

- Sound Improvements and Additions! -
-Long story short, a large quantity of new sounds in almost every category have been added.
-Added new configuration groups for some of the new sound categories.

- Changelog -

4/24/2021 (version 0.0.3)

++ADDITIONS++

+Added nonfatal digestion support+

-Nonfatal digestion allows prey (primarily the player) to be digested until they are on the brink, but their predator will lay off of killing them. A number of options are available to decide what happens at that point.

+Added new gameplay options+

'Camera shake intensity': Controls the intensity of any camera shaking the mod implements. Can be set to zero if you don't want your camera to shake at all. Default is in the middle.
'Non-fatal loss type': Controls what to do if your predator "defeats" you while not being able to digest you fatally. Those options in particular are:
-'Nothing': Do nothing special.
-'Allow quick escape': Your next successful struggle will automatically eject you.
-'Pred spits out': Your pred will automatically spit you out after a short delay.
-'Player blacks out': You will "black out" and return to your spawn. Your pred will kindly not take any of your possessions or money... for now.
'Must struggle out of non-digesting preds': If this is on (and it is by default), prey must still complete a struggling minigame to escape from predators that can't digest them. When disabled prey can freely escape.
'Killing blow swallows player': Choose one of the available options (see below) to enable valid predators to swallow you instead of killing you whenever their damage would be fatal.
-'Off'
-'Fatal digestion only'
-'Nonfatal digestion only'
-'Any digestion'
-'Any'

+Added 4 new permissions filters+

'Can fatally digest': Controls if specific predators can or cannot fully digest prey.
'Can be fatally digested': Controls whether specific prey can or cannot be fully digested.
'Can burp' Self explanatory.
'Can fart': Ditto.

+Added 17 new mob categories+

'Bat': All bats.
'Goblin': All goblins.
'Corruption: All Corruption-related enemies.
'Crimson': All Crimson-related enemies.
'Hallow': All Hallow-related enemies.
'PumpkinMoon': All enemies found in the Pumpkin Moon event.
'FrostMoon': All enemies found in the Frost Moon event.
'Martian': All martians/enemies found in the Martian Madness event.
'Pirate': All pirates/enemies found in the Pirate Invasion event.
'LunarInvader': All enemies related to the Lunar Invasion.
'Humanoid': All enemies who are at least vaguely humanoid. Covers a lot of enemies.
'NonHumanoid': Inverse of Humanoid.
'Organic': Any enemy mostly made of "natural materials" (i.e. not a robot or something)
'Inorganic': Inverse of Organic.
'Undead': Enemies which may have once been alive, but are now dead. Includes ghosts and other spooky things.
'Living': Any enemy who is both not Undead and not Inorganic.
'ModNPC': Any enemy added by a mod.

+Semi-support for Monster Girl Enemies and Succubi's Wrath+

Enemies modified or added by these two mods are factored into the mob categories. Primarily it makes a large quantity of enemies female (Monster Girl Enemies) or simply adds a large quantity of npcs with category tags.

++CHANGES++

+Player as pred mechanics+

(Much of what is about to be stated is temporary)

-Player digestion damage is now based on what item you're currently holding.
-NPCs being digested by players follow more or less the same rules players do in the opposite situation.
-Players can force prey to complete more successful struggles by increasing their health and defense. Prey can escape easier if you're lower on health.
-Fresh characters will have a hard time keeping enemies down, and will likely not deal much damage while they're at it.
-Certain elements of player as pred are still somewhat buggy.

+New characters / character first load post-update / Respawning mediumcore characters+

Characters will now receive a throat talisman and the lowest level throat amulet by default (if you don't already have a throat talisman or throat amulet) when first created, loading in, or when respawning as a mediumcore character.

+Phasing out current amulet/charm functions+

For the time being the mana and health restoration charms still function, but the acid charms are defunct for the time being and other items will follow suite shortly pending more changes to mod functionality and a shift in focus to more natural player progression. Digestion is enabled by default on all mobs and the player; use filters to disable it where you do not want it. Preds restore health by default when digesting prey based on damage dealt.

++BUGFIXES++

-Fixed many issues causing player as pred to be non-functional.
-Probably fixed rare softlock where pred would not complete digestion and player could not struggle free.

Download link (Updated 4/24/2021 HOTFIX #2):

HOTFIX #1: Disabled an internal development flag forcing some interactions. Oops!
HOTFIX #2: Second verse, same as the first!

https://mega.nz/file/RJlyCIbA#61DIImkIc ... Ek8l-sMzfU

Extremely huge thank you to Maroy for creating the original code base for the mod and for leaving the project code open to us.
Here is the link to the original topic: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=58583

I appreciate any and all feedback or input. If you come across any novel bug/error feel free to let me know any way you want. You can find me on the Voraria discord. On the topic of closed or open source: for now I am keeping my branch of the source closed. If there should come a time where I cannot work on this branch of the mod anymore, I will release the full source.

Thank you, and enjoy.
Last edited by SirPFI on Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SirPFI
New to the forum

Re: Voraria Mod: PFI Edition

Postby zerochance117 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:06 am

Hope to see this continue to be worked on so good luck
zerochance117
New to the forum

Postby swish » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:38 am

YES. Can't wait for this! Hope Maroy is doing okay as well, thank you for your hard work on this! :D
swish
Been posting for a bit

Postby Egads » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:20 am

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this. And also hope Maroy is doing well :D
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Matteo42 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 am

Nice going! I'll definitely be waiting for updates on all this ;)

Now don't feel obliged to do this, as it'll be a huge amount of work, but could it be possible to modify the textures from some Female Mobs mod and add the bellies there, so the textures are for females instead of males? Perhaps if you get a team to help with the editing, you could make it a setting players can toggle!
Now yeah, this is only a suggestion. Things like this are very cosmetic, and therefore shouldn't take priority over game breaking bugs or stuff like that.
Matteo42
Somewhat familiar

Postby bighead » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:00 am

Definitely going to have to give this one a proper look sometime soon. Out of interest, does this work ok in multiplayer?
Don't worry, I don't bite.... Often!
bighead
Participator

Postby SirPFI » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:34 am

bighead wrote:Definitely going to have to give this one a proper look sometime soon. Out of interest, does this work ok in multiplayer?

I have not tested this for multiplayer and at the moment I do not consider multiplayer to be a priority. It is extremely likely that it does not function properly in multiplayer. Perhaps in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
SirPFI
New to the forum

Postby Jackamoco22 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:54 am

I played a bit of the older version and would love to see different types of vore, Ex. cock vore, anal vore, boob/nipple vore, unbirth, absorption
Also having mobs having different genders: male, female, herm, other (i cant think of any more at the moment)
Jackamoco22
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anonymous111 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Jackamoco22 wrote:I played a bit of the older version and would love to see different types of vore, Ex. cock vore, anal vore, boob/nipple vore, unbirth, absorption
Also having mobs having different genders: male, female, herm, other (i cant think of any more at the moment)

theres only 3 other genders (4 if you include genderless) and those are dickgirl (has boobs and a cock but no vagina) cuntboy (has a vagina but no boobs) and male herm (herm but no boobs)
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bankrupt136pro » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Just tried this out but there was a bit of a problem. For whatever reason I couldn't digest anything and even low level slimes would escape within seconds. I even turned off the ability for them to escape and they just dont digest.

But other then that bug this is pretty good. I like the new struggle mechanic a lot more then the original, and more audio is always appreciated. I'm thankful that you picked up this mod. Hopefully maroy is ok but it's good to know this mod isn't going to die off yet.
Good luck to you and thanks for picking this up!
Bankrupt136pro
New to the forum

Postby ekadragon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 am

As a question, if you are taking over from Maroy, will you still be doing some of the suggested ideas that people gave for Voraria or no? I am asking since I did give a suggestion some time ago for the mod...
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:04 am

Just posting so I can keep an eye on this.
Curious to see what you have planned.
Younger99
Participator

Postby SirPFI » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:40 am

Jackamoco22 wrote:I played a bit of the older version and would love to see different types of vore, Ex. cock vore, anal vore, boob/nipple vore, unbirth, absorption

I have this planned but it may be quite some time before I look into it. Before I do anything fancy I want to make sure there's a solid foundation for future work.

ekadragon wrote:As a question, if you are taking over from Maroy, will you still be doing some of the suggested ideas that people gave for Voraria or no? I am asking since I did give a suggestion some time ago for the mod...

I am not 'taking over', I consider this a separate branch and it's more than likely to deviate strongly at points. Some of what Maroy had intended will show up eventually but I'm not placing any priority time on running down the itinerary on the Trello board. That said, I am open to suggestion or discussion. You can find me on the Voraria discord.
SirPFI
New to the forum

Postby alegalaxy123 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:34 pm

when I try to download the mod, it says that the file has been deleted
alegalaxy123
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anonymous111 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:11 pm

it looks to me like your moving towards my vore damage suggestion with the charms except health and mana charms being basically removed and starting with a vore item
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby fdgod09 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:25 am

what does pfi means ?
fdgod09
New to the forum

Postby disguy » Sat May 01, 2021 9:46 am

fdgod09 wrote:what does pfi means ?

As far as I can tell, it means this:
SirPFI wrote:I present to you the Voraria Mod: ParticularlyFlawedIndividual Edition!
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hippie21 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:11 pm

hey SirPFI,

I think I found a bug in the VoreEntityPlayer.GetStruggleDir() function. I believe you put 2 if statement with the player.controlLeft (for when returning 4 and 5). Maybe 5 was ment to be controlRight?

Thought to let you know.
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

Postby SirPFI » Tue May 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Hippie21 wrote:hey SirPFI,

I think I found a bug in the VoreEntityPlayer.GetStruggleDir() function. I believe you put 2 if statement with the player.controlLeft (for when returning 4 and 5). Maybe 5 was ment to be controlRight?

Thought to let you know.

Good catch. controlLeft was assigned to both 4 and 5.
SirPFI
New to the forum

Postby KraGo » Fri May 28, 2021 9:24 am

Good on you for picking up the mod!
KraGo
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game