Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Postby wetcardboardbox » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:43 am

Myconid32 wrote:Actually I was planning to be able to toggle between ASCII and graphics

Well never mind my hot take, this sounds like there's literally no downside!
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:04 am

wetcardboardbox wrote:
Myconid32 wrote:Actually I was planning to be able to toggle between ASCII and graphics

Well never mind my hot take, this sounds like there's literally no downside!

The downside is that there is still going to be a lot of time diverted away from this specific version of the game, so you guys will continue to not see many updates. At least this way, though, the work is more engaging for me.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Duke The Wolf » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:58 am

Myconid32 wrote:I am glad you like what we have so far! I'm not sure "years of inactivity" counts as keeping the project going, but I haven't given up on it and interest from you guys keeps me motivated.

I suppose just the fact that this project got started in 2013 and still receives updates 8 years later is impressive on its own, even if there have been gaps of time between those years. I'm used to projects like this dying after a short amount of time, so props for that.
A signature in 2019? What is this, a forum?
Duke The Wolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jinnee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:38 pm

So, myconid plans to make his own version of falcons eye... but for brogue
Jinnee
New to the forum

Postby Jinnee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:23 pm

also, is this mod based on an older version of brogue?
Or did myconid just remove those features (traps, altars, treasure rooms) some how?
Jinnee
New to the forum

Postby Tetrahedra » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:03 pm

Haven't played this in years but thought I'd download and check back up on it and hoo boy this game's still as fun as I remember. I think all of the descriptions got longer and more detailed since the last time I played, too? Incredibly good content here.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Jinnee wrote:also, is this mod based on an older version of brogue?
Or did myconid just remove those features (traps, altars, treasure rooms) some how?

I did remove those because they can spawn non-vore monsters that are not supposed to exist. The idea was to keep the features code and study it so I could make my own (which I have successfully tested!).
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Duke The Wolf » Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 am

I know it's been mentioned before, and I'm not sure if it's just a worse problem in the current version of the game but falling through the floor (whether due to drinking potion of descent, or the floor falling away) has proved to be a death sentence for most runs. Maybe it's poor luck but for me just about every time this happens, there's vore between two monsters happening that makes the game crash.

Wondering if this was something you're looking into for a future update, obviously not the end of the world but can be frustrating when it happens on the later floors.
A signature in 2019? What is this, a forum?
Duke The Wolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:02 pm

That is specific enough for me to look into. In fact, I'm pretty sure debug mode starts you off with potions of descent for that reason (or used to). I'll poke around with it while I am working on the port on my ~rare three days off~<3
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SomeDonkus » Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Thank you, Based Fungus.
SomeDonkus
New to the forum

Postby HiddenDarkHM » Thu May 13, 2021 2:34 pm

I really love that you're still updating this game! It is my favorite vore game! I love the crushes in the oral and anal vore scenes, those really gave me a new love of those two methods! I'd never seen it before with the prey getting crushed by the pred's guts and that is the hottest damn thing! Thank you for your continued work on it! I really hope you continue to add charcters and bolster what's there because this is absolute gold.
HiddenDarkHM
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jinnee » Sat May 15, 2021 12:00 pm

hmmm, what story elements did you plan to add, myconid?
Jinnee
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Jinnee wrote:hmmm, what story elements did you plan to add, myconid?

My idea was to add journal entries you can read to explain what the dungeon is and some quirks about how it works, like why enemies can appear out of nowhere and why you can't die by normal means. Journal pages would not replace any existing item spawns, have their own icon, and not have gameplay value, so people are free to ignore them if they want. They will be written from the perspective of Yendor, the person whose amulet you need to find to escape.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HiddenDarkHM » Sat May 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
Jinnee wrote:hmmm, what story elements did you plan to add, myconid?

My idea was to add journal entries you can read to explain what the dungeon is and some quirks about how it works, like why enemies can appear out of nowhere and why you can't die by normal means. Journal pages would not replace any existing item spawns, have their own icon, and not have gameplay value, so people are free to ignore them if they want. They will be written from the perspective of Yendor, the person whose amulet you need to find to escape.

I think that could really add some hot elements!
HiddenDarkHM
Been posting for a bit

Postby HiddenDarkHM » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:36 am

Hey! Just thought I'd peek in on my favorite vore game! How's it going? I hope we'll see another update sometime soon! I keep coming back to this game.
HiddenDarkHM
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:27 am

I was slowly but steadily porting the code into a new system so I could add graphics. Unfortunately my computer broke down. I saved the information and everything is backed up but I am waiting on parts now to continue working (a specific processor so I don't have to buy a whole new motherboard).
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby betacygni » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:21 am

Ouch, that sucks- but at least everything was backed up! I'm interested to see what the new system looks like, as fond as I am of the ascii graphics. Here's hoping it gets to you soon.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby HiddenDarkHM » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:37 pm

Aww man that sucks I'm sorry to hear that! I'm glad you were able to back up your work though. Nothing sucks more than losing progress. I really look forward to seeing more of your work here so good vibes and encouragement to you in the meantime!!
HiddenDarkHM
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jareix » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Yeesh, that really blows man… though I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait, always eager to see more content for this!

By the way… any word on modding potential? (A mod for this mod, how quaint)
Jareix
New to the forum

Postby wetcardboardbox » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:46 am

Interesting...a darkbloom ate a smiling orb, but when I beat it and freed the orb it just kept flashing its smile at me over and over and locked the game

Edit: also just noticed the light digestion AV ending for the Moblin gets cut off mid-word.
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game