It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.38.0 (public), a0.39.2 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.2 (public) or a0.3 (Patreon)

Postby CurrentlyBlank » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:48 pm

First post on Eka's!
So a few questions and comments.
Q1. While the game says you need to leave at the end of the month will there be an option to stay with Elaine if your relationship is high enough? (maybe adding a new rent payment or something)
Q2. Will there be more options to interact with the preds other than just small talk? ex: Meeting at the park, gym, etc.
Q3. Will skills apply to more than just escaping preds?
And lastly
Q4. Will there be other ways to restore energy? As of now you can only restore energy by sleeping but if Elaine is on the couch you can't sleep and may end up just passing out because simply waiting will take away your energy.
Now for comments/criticism or just my general thoughts.

1. first off amazing rough draft and am excited to se what will come in future releases.
2. Take your time with development, no one is forcing you to put the game put on a time limit (and if they are just ignore them).
3. There is an odd bug where if the fridge is empty and you come home WITH groceries Elaine will eat you anyways. It's also weird because if you have high enough relationship with her you can just ask to be let out but then she immediately swallows you again.
4. On my first playthrough when going into Elaine's room I saw the explore room when Elaine was asleep and immediately perished because she thought I was stealing money that I didn't even know was there. So maybe give a bit of a warning to players who just want to have a look around without any intent to steal the cash.
5. I think the stats for drinking alcohol are inverted because whenever I try it my drunkenness' doesn't fill up at all but my hunger gets capped real quick.
6. PLEASE add a way to increase max stamina/reduce stamina costs/improve stamina regeneration, because it is SO tedious to do any training at the gym when you can only get at most half an hour of weights before needing to rest for an hour and a half or treadmill for an hour and have to rest for an hour and a half.
And finally
7. In the future would it be possible to pre-emptively use The tablets as a sort of once a day pill that you can reduce damage in a stomach but can't be used when in the stomach, instead of just being a substitute for the packets as honestly you really won't need to worry to much if you can use hundreds of the pills in a predators stomach and nullify all damage + packets. With packets it's risk vs reward as you can end up wasting all your packets if you buy the wrong type or buy to many of one type and to be left without the funds to obtain more if needed while the pills can be inevitably be either game breaking with how many you can use or useless if in a predator with a tight stomach.

You have a great first start out now and I can't wait to see what future releases hold for this game! Also keep in mind that all this are just my thoughts, I mean I am no game designer just a person on the internet so you do you. Good luck! and thank you for your efforts!
CurrentlyBlank
New to the forum

Postby Sriseru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:47 am

CurrentlyBlank wrote:First post on Eka's!
So a few questions and comments.
Q1. While the game says you need to leave at the end of the month will there be an option to stay with Elaine if your relationship is high enough? (maybe adding a new rent payment or something)

Yes, once I've added another potential roommate you can move in with, I will 1)implement the time limit, and 2)give the player the option to stay with Elaine if their relationship is high enough. :3

CurrentlyBlank wrote:Q2. Will there be more options to interact with the preds other than just small talk? ex: Meeting at the park, gym, etc.

In a0.3, you can now go to a bar and interact with preds there. And in a0.4, you can buy them drinks and get drunk with them. I will of course add more as the game progresses, lol.

CurrentlyBlank wrote:Q3. Will skills apply to more than just escaping preds?

Yes. :3

CurrentlyBlank wrote:Q4. Will there be other ways to restore energy? As of now you can only restore energy by sleeping but if Elaine is on the couch you can't sleep and may end up just passing out because simply waiting will take away your energy.

In version a0.4, you can now sleep in Elaine's bed if she's not using it. If your relationship is high enough, she'll join you later, otherwise she'll wake you up once she wants to go to bed.

CurrentlyBlank wrote:Now for comments/criticism or just my general thoughts.

1. first off amazing rough draft and am excited to se what will come in future releases.

Thank you! <3

CurrentlyBlank wrote:2. Take your time with development, no one is forcing you to put the game put on a time limit (and if they are just ignore them).

I'm planning on doing just that, lol.

CurrentlyBlank wrote:3. There is an odd bug where if the fridge is empty and you come home WITH groceries Elaine will eat you anyways. It's also weird because if you have high enough relationship with her you can just ask to be let out but then she immediately swallows you again.

The first bug has been fixed, and I just spent some time fixing the other one too. Thanks for reporting it. <3

CurrentlyBlank wrote:4. On my first playthrough when going into Elaine's room I saw the explore room when Elaine was asleep and immediately perished because she thought I was stealing money that I didn't even know was there. So maybe give a bit of a warning to players who just want to have a look around without any intent to steal the cash.

Yeah, after several other players said the same, I went and renamed that option as "Search room". Hopefully, that'll make it more obvious that you're doing something you shouldn't.

CurrentlyBlank wrote:5. I think the stats for drinking alcohol are inverted because whenever I try it my drunkenness' doesn't fill up at all but my hunger gets capped real quick.

Drunkenness does go up, but so does Hunger. Beer can be used as a (very bad) substitute for food, so that's why it also fills your Hunger.

CurrentlyBlank wrote: 6. PLEASE add a way to increase max stamina/reduce stamina costs/improve stamina regeneration, because it is SO tedious to do any training at the gym when you can only get at most half an hour of weights before needing to rest for an hour and a half or treadmill for an hour and have to rest for an hour and a half.
And finally

You can increase your max stamina by increasing your Fitness skill. Also, in a0.4, you can set the speed at which you learn skills when you start the game, so that should solve that problem.

CurrentlyBlank wrote:7. In the future would it be possible to pre-emptively use The tablets as a sort of once a day pill that you can reduce damage in a stomach but can't be used when in the stomach, instead of just being a substitute for the packets as honestly you really won't need to worry to much if you can use hundreds of the pills in a predators stomach and nullify all damage + packets. With packets it's risk vs reward as you can end up wasting all your packets if you buy the wrong type or buy to many of one type and to be left without the funds to obtain more if needed while the pills can be inevitably be either game breaking with how many you can use or useless if in a predator with a tight stomach.

No, you will not be able to pre-emptively use tablets. I'm not even sure how that would work??? Like, do you want to make a pred swallow a tablet or...?
Anyway, as you can see in a0.3, the one downside of tablets is that, while you can use them until they run out, they only stall digestion for a few hours and since you can't use tablets while sleeping, you will inevitably take digestion damage the longer you remain in a stomach.

CurrentlyBlank wrote:You have a great first start out now and I can't wait to see what future releases hold for this game! Also keep in mind that all this are just my thoughts, I mean I am no game designer just a person on the internet so you do you. Good luck! and thank you for your efforts!

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words! <3
Sriseru
Participator

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.3 (public) or a0.4 (Patreon)

Postby Marcus » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:00 pm

Will there be other kinds of vore besides oral in the near future?
Marcus
Lord of Shadows

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:47 pm

Enjoying the small update!

Already can't wait for the next one.

I'm assuming you can't form a good relationship with the other two preds, Beatrice and Jasmine, in this update? Like get to a point where they would let me out if asked?
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sriseru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:02 pm

Marcus wrote:Will there be other kinds of vore besides oral in the near future?

I can't promise it will be in the near future, but I will definitely add unbirth as soon as I am able. And I'll probably add anal vore once Jasmine becomes an eligible roommate.
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Sriseru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:05 pm

FlamingFoxu5000 wrote:Enjoying the small update!

Already can't wait for the next one.

I'm assuming you can't form a good relationship with the other two preds, Beatrice and Jasmine, in this update? Like get to a point where they would let me out if asked?

I'm not 100% sure if I added this in a0.3 or a0.4 (i.e. the Patreon build), but if you talk to them a lot (and I do mean a lot), your relationship will eventually increase to the point where they will let you out, yes. :3
Sriseru
Participator

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Sriseru wrote:I'm not 100% sure if I added this in a0.3 or a0.4 (i.e. the Patreon build), but if you talk to them a lot (and I do mean a lot), your relationship will eventually increase to the point where they will let you out, yes. :3

Just checked and, yep, you can do that in a0.3!
Can't wait to see how the relationship with all them grows in future updates~

Keep up the great work!
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby essedess » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 pm

Needs a snake lady but yeah, looks real good so far.
essedess
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sriseru » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:54 am

essedess wrote:Needs a snake lady but yeah, looks real good so far.

You have no idea how much I'd want to add a snake lady, lol. The problem is that I don't have the assets I'd need to make a model like that. Hell, I've asked around in several places for a sufficiently skilled 3D artist to help me out. I'd pay a small fortune to get those assets.
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Hansony » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:20 am

So I was thinking and came up with a few suggestions:
Maybe it would be an idea to split relationship into 2 values so there is both "compassion" and "love" (or whatever you might name them) where one is simply based on how well they know you and how much you have interacted and the other is how much they actually care about your safety.
My thinking is that maybe they have a good enough relationship with you that they are willing to let you out if you ask for it, but they don't actually care enough to make sure you aren't hurt, or they don't have a good enough relationship to just let you out before they feel you have gotten a lesson for whatever you did wrong.
One major reason I would like this is for the possibility to have them ask you, if you are in their stomach, if you want to be let out before they go to bed or they do some other stuff where they won't be able to let you out.
Currently it feels a bit stale that they just go about their day like usually without interacting with you at all even though they are suppose to have a really good relationship.

Another thing was that it would be interesting if, just like we have a lust meter, they could also have a lust value, maybe not shown to us but which would be increased by massage or kicking (if possible depending on the character so some react more to massage and others to kicks) and once this value hits it's limit we get a masturbation scene. Again, would work to have them actually acknowledge that they have a prey in their stomach.

Oh and maybe have the reactions from Elaine be dependent on how much she likes you, so if she likes you and you perv on her in the shower shes going to do something different then if she doesn't like you or if you search her room while she's there she maybe throws you out the apartment instead of eating you (or something more creative).

The game is good and I like the characters so far, they just feel like there need to be more ways they interact in then what is currently possible.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dudeox05 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:13 pm

Wow, this is a remarkably well put together game at this point!
I'd love the ability to make smalltalk with the pred while she digests the player, but all in all, wow~ 8O :-D

Looking forward to more of this! :gulp:
-D
Dudeox05
Participator

Postby CurrentlyBlank » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:12 pm

CurrentlyBlank wrote:5. I think the stats for drinking alcohol are inverted because whenever I try it my drunkenness' doesn't fill up at all but my hunger gets capped real quick.

Drunkenness does go up, but so does Hunger. Beer can be used as a (very bad) substitute for food, so that's why it also fills your Hunger.

What I meant by this is that the drunkenness' doesn't fill up quick enough Like I was trying to get drunk but I couldn't because hunger filled up by 8% and drunk by 3%

CurrentlyBlank wrote:7. In the future would it be possible to pre-emptively use The tablets as a sort of once a day pill that you can reduce damage in a stomach but can't be used when in the stomach, instead of just being a substitute for the packets as honestly you really won't need to worry to much if you can use hundreds of the pills in a predators stomach and nullify all damage + packets. With packets it's risk vs reward as you can end up wasting all your packets if you buy the wrong type or buy to many of one type and to be left without the funds to obtain more if needed while the pills can be inevitably be either game breaking with how many you can use or useless if in a predator with a tight stomach.

No, you will not be able to pre-emptively use tablets. I'm not even sure how that would work??? Like, do you want to make a pred swallow a tablet or...?
Anyway, as you can see in a0.3, the one downside of tablets is that, while you can use them until they run out, they only stall digestion for a few hours and since you can't use tablets while sleeping, you will inevitably take digestion damage the longer you remain in a stomach.

What I meant by that was the player would be the one taking them to reduce damage but I didn't realize how they would properly work since I only played version .2 but thank you for the clarification.

Once again thank you for the update and am about to give it a shot! Keep up the good work and will let you know what I think/find!
CurrentlyBlank
New to the forum

Postby Sriseru » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:40 am

CurrentlyBlank wrote:What I meant by this is that the drunkenness' doesn't fill up quick enough Like I was trying to get drunk but I couldn't because hunger filled up by 8% and drunk by 3%

Hmmm... I might look into lowering the amount of hunger it fills, but the amount of Drunkenness it adds is actually pretty thought-out. The Drunkenness bar is based on the stages of real-world alcohol intoxication, and as you'll see in a0.4, the effects of being drunk set in long before you fill the bar. You're considered to be drunk at 8%, suffer from impaired reasoning at 15%, have an increasingly high chance of blacking out after hitting 50%, and (although I have yet to implement this) could potentially die if you reach 100%.
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Amon258877 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:06 am

Before reporting bugs I want to say a couple of things:
1) the game is fantastic I congratulate you.
2) I'd like to see some pussy vore or anal vore scenes someday.
3) will there be many more encounters in other places as well?
now the bug I encountered:
When I'm in Elaine's stomach I can't use the inventory to take pills to protect myself from stomach acid.
Last edited by Amon258877 on Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amon258877
Been posting for a bit

Postby Getinmybelly » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:26 am

Absolutely loving the game so far! Made a pledge on patreon <3

Only thing i'd say i'd really like is more dialogue from the pred. Would be nice to have some more interaction and teasing.
Can't wait to see more of this!
Getinmybelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Drakeral » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:34 pm

The new update is fantastic! I quite like Jasmine- not as much of a fan of Beatrice, but both are fun, and Jasmine's unique mechanic promises to be very fun. I'm slightly saddened that some of the end text has changed, both from predators and from the 'author' in the game over scrawl- finding the new end dialogue was super fun before and some of them repeating (which is fair, admittedly, given the new preds are in alpha) is a bit unfortunate. Stuff like "LOL you were too horny to live" feels a bit less funny than the original text, although it's a minor issue in a pretty great game.

I'm also kinda thrilled to see that there are still some ending dialogue options that I haven't seen- I got one about being a better toy than a roommate, although I kinda skipped through it by accident and I can't reproduce it. Still, quite fun!

@Amon258877 I believe the pill thing is actually intentional- Elena mentions that some stomachs are too tight to use pills in, so you have to use packets, and outright tells you at high enough affection that you need to have packets on you before she eats you.
Drakeral
New to the forum

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:38 pm

We are going to be getting monthly updates on this, correct?
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby wood249 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:09 am

Is the player also a pred or are we just straight prey?
wood249
New to the forum

Postby Hansony » Tue May 25, 2021 4:08 am

wood249 wrote:Is the player also a pred or are we just straight prey?

From the way the game plays I think it would be hard for the player to be pred, so I think it elusively player as prey.
Of cause Sriseru is the only one who can actually tell what is the case, but I think this might be the case.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Although I couldn't figure out how to do much besides get eaten and kick, I do love the art and sounds. That hippo is wonderful!
Indighost
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game