The Life of Prey (Cancelled)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

The Life of Prey (Cancelled)

Postby Datstrudel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:45 pm

I’m kinda back just doing this for fun. This game is a spiritual successor to that super open Vore rpg I’d planned in the past. This is made in RPG maker MV.

This game is a prey focused life sim. (Although there will likely be moments where you can be Pred.)
It will be pretty open to do what you want. My ambition with this is much smaller than the old life sim for now. There’s even a chance I won’t finish this, but I at least plan a small demo soon. Feel free to ask questions about it since I can’t really put everything I want to say about it into words for now.

This will be a Gacha set game since that’s something I enjoy making. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea though.
DamianFull1.png

Here’s an example image.
I will add that making multiple sprite images is proving to be quite tedious, so future characters may become less expressive with maybe only 2 or 3 different sprites altogether instead of the 5 or 6 I was doing.

STORY:
You’ll be playing a nameless, neutral gender character. This is as to the player can self insert. (I’d love to do a character creator, but this is beyond me. I wish I could make it to where the player can be completely customizable, but I’d need help. So for now, the character design is just pretty simple.) Your character is a college aged student in town. Other than that, story is light. You can explore and do what you want. I want it to be sandboxish, so different scenarios can play out the way you want.

GAMEPLAY:
Gameplay will start light depending on how far I go with this. This won’t feature battling, as I don’t usually enjoy that in Vore games as much as I like getting right into the scenes. So this will be more of a visual novel you can explore. Choices lead to different scenes. Characters can disappear based on if you eat them or they’re eaten by others. This will be expanded as I develop it.

CHARACTERS:
Mostly my OCs as the moment, I plan some licensed characters recreated in the Gacha engine as well. I have the art of 2 characters done and a 3rd in progress. I hope for there to be a lot unless I get burnt out. All male characters at the moment. I want to add female characters, but I am not sure who to add.

WILL FEATURE:
Oral Vore
Willing/Unwilling
Same size
M/M, M/F, M/? (Only male Preds at the moment.)
F/M, F/F, F/? (None yet)
Digestion
Endo
Teasing
Slight incest once family characters are added (No sex, but they will be able to eat you)

IMPORTANT:
If you want to help in a super simple way, or get your own characters in the game (with belly edits, so kinda like getting a request with your character in the game) please let me know in PM. Or if you want a fictional character to appear, like Link from the legend of Zelda for example. I’m adding him already, so go ahead and suggest. If you do want someone in the game, I’m Ising the app Gacha Club specifically, so the codes for your character will help immensely. I won’t choose everyone’s characters, but it helps me get more characters in the game.

If you want to help or have suggestions, let me know. Expanding gameplay and ideas is always fun with you all! :D
So suggest side quests, locations and scenarios!

I’ll add more explanation as questions are brought up.

DEMO:
Coming soon!
Last edited by Datstrudel on Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: The Life of Prey (Vore game in development)

Postby calldahotline » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:50 pm

Sounds interesting, I wish you luck in the project.
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 pm

calldahotline wrote:Sounds interesting, I wish you luck in the project.

Thanks. I’m being a bit ambitious I think, but hopefully it will turn out well.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:56 am

Well I am looking forward to it!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gachadragon5 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Sounds great! I look forward to this
Gachadragon5
New to the forum

Postby Dotsu » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Do you have a link to your previous game so i can see what your last project was like so i can see if i should keep an eye out for this one?
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:38 pm

Dotsu wrote:Do you have a link to your previous game so i can see what your last project was like so i can see if i should keep an eye out for this one?

It never got released unfortunately. I was about to have a sizable demo ready when I lost all of my files. The only other notable game I’ve made was SATLOLF. I’ve made several attempts since but nothing too interesting.
https://gamejolt.com/games/satlolf/266741
This is the only game of similar nature I’ve done. I won’t be using sprite edits like this though.

The last game was pretty ambitious, but had a similar style to this. I honestly wish I could show you what I had, but those files are lost on a broken hard drive.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:13 pm

This idea sounds interesting~ :-D

I do have some questions:
What engine does it runs? I don't think it was ever mentioned in the OP.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 pm

SquishySofty wrote:This idea sounds interesting~ :-D

I do have some questions:
What engine does it runs? I don't think it was ever mentioned in the OP.

Oops, RPG maker MV
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jackamoco22 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:30 pm

I am curious... Is oral vore the only type that you are planning on adding or will there be more down the road?
Jackamoco22
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:40 pm

Jackamoco22 wrote:I am curious... Is oral vore the only type that you are planning on adding or will there be more down the road?

I only like oral Vore, so that’s all that will be included.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:05 am

If you're looking to have an easier time animating, there's a program out there called Spriter that lets you create skeletal animations for 2d sprites, which means you don't need to create as much art to get the animations you're looking for. The results it produces are a bit on the cartoony side unless you take precautions, but lend themselves well to sprites of the type you've got there. You can look up demos for it on youtube if you need more of an idea what it can do, but it can make it a lot easier to create a bunch of animations from a limited set of art.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:11 am

Seifens wrote:If you're looking to have an easier time animating, there's a program out there called Spriter that lets you create skeletal animations for 2d sprites, which means you don't need to create as much art to get the animations you're looking for. The results it produces are a bit on the cartoony side unless you take precautions, but lend themselves well to sprites of the type you've got there. You can look up demos for it on youtube if you need more of an idea what it can do, but it can make it a lot easier to create a bunch of animations from a limited set of art.

Thank you for the tip, but I won’t be animating the sprites. It’s just making different poses for the characters that’s a bit time consuming,

I use the apps Gacha Life and Gacha Club which are simple, but there’s a lot of editing I have to do before a sprite is ready.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WarPerson » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:02 pm

Oh nice cant wait for a Demo, and GOOD LUCK^^
WarPerson
New to the forum

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun May 02, 2021 8:10 am

Glad to see this game about to have a demo. I've submitted some "npc" characters to Datstrudel's game (as promised, there are still more npcs to come)... Were there any side-quests or quests that my npcs can ask the player to undertake?
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Datstrudel » Sun May 02, 2021 8:34 am

sabrina_diamond wrote:Glad to see this game about to have a demo. I've submitted some "npc" characters to Datstrudel's game (as promised, there are still more npcs to come)... Were there any side-quests or quests that my npcs can ask the player to undertake?

There may be some smaller tasks the player has to do, but overall this game is more of a sandbox. It really depends on how I decide to structure events going forward.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xnovusalpha001 » Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm

This sounds very interesting!
xnovusalpha001
Been posting for a bit

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm

gonna keep an eye on this~
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Return to Vore game