A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG) 3/7/21 Update time!

Postby Dotsu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:04 pm

vgove wrote:hey how are things?

We wait for next update lol
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby smallfan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm

hey quick question I have talked to Hannah and need to get to the evil hq, but each time I head towards there it says that I need to progress the story. Any idea what I missed or what I can do?
smallfan
Been posting for a bit

Postby DroolingPred » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 pm

Check the hideout for other possible means of ingress.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby RBRD » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 pm

So ... Dude, are you okay?
I'm not asking about the game necessarily, but about you.
So many weeks with no sign of life, facing the problems that the world has been going through ... It's worrying ... A "Hello, I'm fine, guys, see you soon!" it would be enough hahaha
RBRD
Been posting for a bit

Postby DroolingPred » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:43 pm

There was a message on the Patreon about two weeks ago.

I've really enjoyed this material, and I'm patiently waiting for the next update. Hang in there Oppi!
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby KazuMin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:45 am

Can I ask how you trigger the cutscene in the first picture, the one where the green haired lady asks where her sister is?
Also is there a way to get past said green haired lady? I wanna know who the sister she's hiding is.
Also also how to pizza gurl?
Sorry for asking so many questions. ^^; :oops:
KazuMin
New to the forum

Postby Achenar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:20 am

KazuMin wrote:Can I ask how you trigger the cutscene in the first picture, the one where the green haired lady asks where her sister is?
Also is there a way to get past said green haired lady? I wanna know who the sister she's hiding is.

There is. You'll need to look around the room for a way to get higher up.
Achenar
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:13 pm

DroolingPred wrote:Check the hideout for other possible means of ingress.

We should totally make a healthy meme for that lol.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 pm

KazuMin wrote:Can I ask how you trigger the cutscene in the first picture, the one where the green haired lady asks where her sister is?

For the first green haired girl in the castle ruins there are vines you can climbe get up an go to where the girl is blocking the path. There is a entrance as your high up to get there.

For the pizza girl you need to deliver 50 pizzas for the ability to go in triggers. For right now it works if you deliver them all to the same person (Although i dont think its intended that way but exploits lol faster.)
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby LostCause » Fri May 07, 2021 12:31 pm

I really enjoyed this, I greatly look forward to future updates however long they may take. I loved the writing, and not just for the plot, vore and variety of scenes but also because of the humour and characters. Pri's transition from a reluctant, guilty predator to eager glutton was great too. I'd mention some favourite scenes in particular but there's too many to decide haha.

The only real 'design' complaint I had is that areas 'reset' after a scene. Personally I enjoy the aftermath of scenes, so it's a shame when everything is reset back to before it happened when I re-enter an area. Personally I'd prefer if there were a gallery or some sort of interactable in the respective area to play scenes again rather than characters just reappearing, but I understand that would require more effort and more dialogue for other characters. Although I do want to say that the existing interactions and dialogue after many of the scenes are great as is the weight gain system :-D

Got a few issues to report, sorry if any have been said before. Some are more little things that stand out to me than bugs. There's probably more things but most of this is from memory so I'm sure I forgot a few.

1.) After the boxer scene I re-entered the boxing club room where Hannah's sister had dialogue referencing it, however the blonde haired boxer was back in the club room. This was the 2nd time entering the boxing club room after the boxer shower scene. I believe this happened after I re-entered the shower room and left it again.

2.) After leaving the mansion there's a typo, it says 'doughters' instead of 'daughters'. Figured I'd link a screenshot to make it easier to know which line https://puu.sh/HEKg9/13eba9730b.png

3.) I didn't encounter Jacob when sneaking into the HQ, although the narrator still referenced the fact that I didn't rescue him and also the dialogue in the mansion acted as if Pri had spoken to him before. Might want to make sure players talk to Jacob in the HQ or alter the dialogue if they don't meet there. Not sure where Jacob actually was in the HQ, I completely missed him somehow haha.

4.) I'd already purchased wine before the party scene, which caused it to completely skip any dialogue about getting more wine and skip straight to the glass being dropped which was a little jarring and confusing. Could do with alternate dialogue here or if there already is then it didn't work for me.

5.) Lea (the girl in the park) acts like you've never met after the babysitter scene, still asking why Pri has a tail etc.

6.) The mouse movement controls can be a little annoying at zone transitions more than one tile wide, often making you walk sideways instead of straight ahead causing you to return to the previous zone again. Not sure if there's a way to alleviate this within the engine but it happened to me a lot.

7.) Sodas feel a little overpowered, at least while there isn't much use for money or much combat. I was able to beat all the boxers before getting a weapon by chugging a soda every few turns haha. When/if you add more combat to the game maybe they should be a bit more difficult to acquire or use repeatedly.

8.) Pri is really against swallowing the neighbour's loud dog despite being happy to swallow a cat and/or puppy? Surely the dog should be fair game too, not like the owner would be around to mind anymore :lol:

9.) On that note, the lack of any short digestion scene or dialogue with another character after swallowing the cat and puppy makes it feel a little lackluster personally.

10.) I got thrown off by a slight inconsistency with the coconut quest. A lot of important interactibles in the game have sparkles on them, so when I was sent to get 'nuts' and saw no sparkles in the 'coconut' tree zone I just thought I had to come back later and left. It was dumb of me to not realise I needed the cocoNUTS from the trees, but regardless I only returned and tried interacting with the trees after reading a guide... which meant that I got the scene with the third sister at the party BEFORE the scene with the second sister. Considering the party scene has dialogue referencing the previous sister it confused me a little as I hadn't encountered her yet.

11.) Outside the hotel at the beach there's a woman on the left with an inconsistent portrait, the one with the bandana who gets angry if you talk to her boyfriend. Most of her dialogue uses a kisekae portrait, while the very first dialogue line when talking to her directly uses the RPG maker portrait style.

12.) I returned to the beach a while after the scene with pizza girl's mother at the hotel and spoke to her son. First he said that mommy was at their room, then immediately transitioned into his original dialogue, which had his mother in the conversation despite her not even being at the table. Screenshots to make it clear what I mean: https://puu.sh/HEKPC/1aacc8cac8.png https://puu.sh/HEKPS/61265ace60.png

13.) The hotel elevator door being identical to the other doors was a bit confusing.

14.) This one is being overly nitpicky but it's a bit silly that the hotel has an inn sign, personally I think it'd be better with no sign at all if there isn't one more appropriate haha.

15.) Finally for now, I was surprised that the vegan girl in the school toilet didn't have even a short scene. She seemed like a perfect prey, she's even all alone. I wouldn't be against some shorter scenes for more minor characters you didn't want to make longer scenes for but I understand if you wanted to focus on more fleshed out scenes. Also the running girl outside of Hannah's house should be more careful, with how fast she's running she looks like she could easily get herself into an "accident" if she runs into someone :gulp:

Thanks for your game and good luck with whatever is keeping you busy IRL, hope it's not too stressful. (Can't see beyond "The next update is not going to..." on patreon so I don't know what's up but hope things aren't too bad.)
LostCause
Participator

Postby UnsettledTom » Sun May 09, 2021 8:24 pm

I'd like to say, this game is actually really well made. It at first seemed a bit odd how events that transpire don't technically save in the world, but later you realize how much work and effort has been put into it and really appreciate this good game.

Only thing I wish is it had more scenes where other people were preds, because there was so many cute girls who you only had the option to eat, instead of get eaten by. Also maybe some scenes with a pred eating a full pred, like at the party or something.

Anyways good game, and thank you!
UnsettledTom
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tunknownusert » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 am

UnsettledTom wrote:I'd like to say, this game is actually really well made. It at first seemed a bit odd how events that transpire don't technically save in the world, but later you realize how much work and effort has been put into it and really appreciate this good game.

Only thing I wish is it had more scenes where other people were preds, because there was so many cute girls who you only had the option to eat, instead of get eaten by. Also maybe some scenes with a pred eating a full pred, like at the party or something.

Anyways good game, and thank you!

Eh to each there own. I personally really like the ratio of pred/prey scenes the creator has gone with ^.^
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sabervore » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:38 pm

As much as it saddens me to even voice the thought, is this game perhaps dead? I haven't seen any activity even on Eka's in quite a while :(
Sabervore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tunknownusert » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:13 pm

Sabervore wrote:As much as it saddens me to even voice the thought, is this game perhaps dead? I haven't seen any activity even on Eka's in quite a while :(

Surely you realize, most game creators here don't do this as their full time job right? Many work on these in their private free time which can often be limited. There was an update 3 months back so I wouldn't say it's dead necessarily. Quite a few games here have similar if not longer time in between updates.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:10 pm

I'm glad the scenes are replayable, I've been coming back to them periodically while I hold out for an update :gulp:
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Tunknownusert » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:28 pm

DroolingPred wrote:I'm glad the scenes are replayable, I've been coming back to them periodically while I hold out for an update :gulp:

You and me both, especially like the beach scene, locker room after swimming scene, and the one where you deliver a pizza and go let their daughter know the pizza is there ^.^. Actually, pretty much all the scenes are awesome. Recalling from memory I wanted to add several more but at that point I might end up just listing a majority of the scenes.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:32 am

So lemme guess.
Theroom with all the guards buzzing around like flies does nothing for anything? It's just a time-waster?

Currently trying to see if there are "tickets" for that one show. Just got back to the game and replaying it.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby LordBubbleSnatch » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:12 am

Hope everything is ok with this game. It's been silent for a while and i'm fearing the worst. I don't want this game to die like so many others, it's so good and has so much potential. I know Oppi is most likely super busy but just a quick pop in to know they're not gone would be wonderful
LordBubbleSnatch
New to the forum

Postby Dotsu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:58 am

LordBubbleSnatch wrote:Hope everything is ok with this game. It's been silent for a while and i'm fearing the worst. I don't want this game to die like so many others, it's so good and has so much potential. I know Oppi is most likely super busy but just a quick pop in to know they're not gone would be wonderful

As far as we all know development has stopped due to they have had been busy.

I hope they return to but if not then i think maybe the push to have a similar game is the next thing if we want a game like this an cant wait. I have the skills but i suck at character design lol.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG)

Postby RealZikik » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:17 pm

oppi wrote:I'll tell you.
Spoiler: show
1. talk to Hannah
2. talk to girl in school
3. talk to other girl in school
4. talk to woman north of the town
5. talk to man in the tavern
6. look for the clover at the castle ruin. A lot of clovers have spawned on the grass and you have to find the one with the four-leafed one.

I hope this helps out. You have to find the HQ first though.

This isn't really helping. I don't really know which characters you're talking about.
RealZikik
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game