New and improved vore rules for DnD 5e

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

New and improved vore rules for DnD 5e

Postby Squidpad » Sat May 01, 2021 11:44 am

Heya!
So a year or so ago, I posted some homebrew rules to make vore a reality in your very own DnD 5e games. Since then, I got into contact with someone who had made a fork of my rules, and we've worked together to bring what is probably the most balanced and usable set of rules thus far. Many hours of playtesting have gone into them, so I hope y'all enjoy. It's also significantly more professional this time around, and the formatting isn't as messy.
The document can be found here:
https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-MZPlmWs6ZXU8jcmGLJA

At the current moment, there's only rules for OV, but within the next week I plan to create a secondary document for all other common types of vore, if there's interest.
Other than that, if there's any criticisms, complaints, or suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them out.

EDIT: I no longer work in the above rules, me and the guy working on it separated due to disagreements on what makes for fun gameplay. I recommend using the rules below, as they have more rigorous playtesting, and generally result in less frustration for prey players.
https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LoSulFCJpB_dEBZPpwN
Last edited by Squidpad on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Re: New and improved vore rules for DnD 5e

Postby Logic101 » Sat May 01, 2021 4:32 pm

It seems well done, with the occasional spelling error. Kinda surprised you haven't gone with the concept of the personal belly healer cleric. Poor Druids, I suppose circles are difficult to design. I'm not as used to 5e, so I don't think animal companions or familiars are as much of a thing, but I think they would fit nicely into this system.
Logic101
Been posting for a bit

Postby Squidpad » Sat May 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Logic101 wrote:It seems well done, with the occasional spelling error. Kinda surprised you haven't gone with the concept of the personal belly healer cleric. Poor Druids, I suppose circles are difficult to design. I'm not as used to 5e, so I don't think animal companions or familiars are as much of a thing, but I think they would fit nicely into this system.

There actually was a belly pet cleric subclass about halfway done before I realized that it was essentially the same as the Life Cleric. Most of Life Cleric's features actually work pretty well for a belly pet. As far as Druids go, yeah, they aren't too heavy on animal companions this addition. They're also in a similar situation to Life Clerics, where a base game class, namely, the Moon Druid, works fantastically in a vore role
Last edited by Squidpad on Mon May 10, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby 2For1Vori » Sat May 01, 2021 8:51 pm

This is really well done!, and i honestly could see myself using this, Even in games that are not necessarily Vore centric
2For1Vori
New to the forum

Postby VoraciousPreyator » Sat May 01, 2021 10:17 pm

This is a good read. I will love to use this guide if only for some vorish moments in my not as vorish campaign I'm currently playing with.
Vore Code
Commissions Are: Open
Ideas Are: Always Welcome
Discord: Very Selectively Accepting
VoraciousPreyator
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Sun May 02, 2021 12:26 am

This is pretty good, but there is an issue with timing. Let's take a level 1 character with +3 con. In combat, you deal 6 digest damage per round. Out of combat, you deal 12 digest damage per hour. So digestion and struggling both slow down tremendously out of combat, and that's weird. Your escape rules only have a per-hour escape option, so it feels like you should only use the per-hour damage.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby JMTFS » Sun May 02, 2021 12:28 pm

Hey, what's the source on the cover picture?
JMTFS
New to the forum

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun May 02, 2021 7:00 pm

https://aryion.com/g4/view/569757

I added a post for a Vore Druid last year. The background refers to my homebrew campaign where there was no clerical magic for millenia, to explain why there was another Druid class. I realized that I had used "unbirth" interchangably with "rebirth" where the healed "patient" is born again. Hopefully it's not too confusing.
You can see what you think.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Squidpad » Sun May 02, 2021 7:18 pm

JMTFS wrote:Hey, what's the source on the cover picture?

It's at the bottom of the document
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby Squidpad » Sun May 02, 2021 7:20 pm

Siuddithsi wrote:https://aryion.com/g4/view/569757

I added a post for a Vore Druid last year. The background refers to my homebrew campaign where there was no clerical magic for millenia, to explain why there was another Druid class. I realized that I had used "unbirth" interchangably with "rebirth" where the healed "patient" is born again. Hopefully it's not too confusing.
You can see what you think.

It's certainly interesting, but it doesn't really do much other than it's one trick. Thanks for sharing!
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby 456yoga » Sun May 02, 2021 9:42 pm

Awesome to see this stuff, was fun to be part of one of the test groups a while back! Surely a good recommend to play with more and definitely will have to play another campaign with these new rules!~
456yoga
New to the forum

Postby Persona59523 » Sun May 02, 2021 10:55 pm

I'm interested in seeing the second document for the other vore types.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Squidpad » Mon May 03, 2021 7:57 pm

Persona59523 wrote:I'm interested in seeing the second document for the other vore types.

It should be linked at the end of the core mechanics section. It's very barebones, but IMO not much extra was needed
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bedlamenigma » Wed May 19, 2021 12:25 am

My only concern is the 3 strike system for swallowing while also making each check be a full action. Specifically, the partially swallowed state makes the predator restrained, meaning attack rolls against you have advantage. Needing 3 full actions to fully swallow an enemy, assuming you don't fail your checks, lets your enemies have advantage on you for 2 turns. This makes vore only viable if you know for sure that there aren't any more enemies available to take advantage of your several turns of weakness. Enemies that try to eat players just become hopeless sitting ducks for the same reason.

As for ways to address this: Grapple and Shove are both special melee attacks that only take one attack, not the full action, letting classes with multiple attacks slip them in with their attacks in their turn. Making devour a special melee attack like grapple lets those classes and subclasses speed the devour process up, reducing the time spent as a sitting duck, which can make vore more viable in the middle of a fight.

Another option is to reduce the 3 system to 2, which speeds the process for both predator and prey.

The final thing that comes to mind is a feat or item to speed up the process by letting you expend charges as a bonus action to make another devour attempt on a partially swallowed prey.

I hope this came off as constructive criticism and not like I was trying to backseat homebrew.
Bedlamenigma
New to the forum

Postby Soroxas77 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:30 pm

Bedlamenigma wrote:My only concern is the 3 strike system for swallowing while also making each check be a full action. Specifically, the partially swallowed state makes the predator restrained, meaning attack rolls against you have advantage. Needing 3 full actions to fully swallow an enemy, assuming you don't fail your checks, lets your enemies have advantage on you for 2 turns. This makes vore only viable if you know for sure that there aren't any more enemies available to take advantage of your several turns of weakness. Enemies that try to eat players just become hopeless sitting ducks for the same reason.

As for ways to address this: Grapple and Shove are both special melee attacks that only take one attack, not the full action, letting classes with multiple attacks slip them in with their attacks in their turn. Making devour a special melee attack like grapple lets those classes and subclasses speed the devour process up, reducing the time spent as a sitting duck, which can make vore more viable in the middle of a fight.

Another option is to reduce the 3 system to 2, which speeds the process for both predator and prey.

The final thing that comes to mind is a feat or item to speed up the process by letting you expend charges as a bonus action to make another devour attempt on a partially swallowed prey.

I hope this came off as constructive criticism and not like I was trying to backseat homebrew.

Most actual monsters from the manual only need 1-2 turns to devour an enemy.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Squidpad » Sun May 23, 2021 7:30 pm

Bedlamenigma wrote:My only concern is the 3 strike system for swallowing while also making each check be a full action. Specifically, the partially swallowed state makes the predator restrained, meaning attack rolls against you have advantage. Needing 3 full actions to fully swallow an enemy, assuming you don't fail your checks, lets your enemies have advantage on you for 2 turns. This makes vore only viable if you know for sure that there aren't any more enemies available to take advantage of your several turns of weakness. Enemies that try to eat players just become hopeless sitting ducks for the same reason.

My older vore rules were based on attacks, but that was found to be extremely fast, and also made it more difficult for non-martials to get in on the action. I'll definitely reevaluate that though, after some more testing
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby demoboy129 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:49 am

Interesting rules, have you ever considered doing an expansion to allow UB Transformation into other races? because I feel like that would complete this homebrew personally.
demoboy129
New to the forum

Postby Jareix » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:14 pm

Holy shit, propos to you for this! I was already using your old one as a simple ruleset to basically make vore rps with DnD mechanics, but this new one is incredibly robust. Cant wait to start on a new campaign for this!
I’ll let you know how it goes and if there are any balances that had to be made/things left for wanting.
(Knowing some of my players, they’ll likely want disposal mechanics, but I think I’ll be handling that myself.)
Definitely gonna keep an eye on this for any updates big or small, but it’s basically a whole new rule book itself tbh, great work!
Jareix
New to the forum

Postby GearTech147 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:49 pm

I very much like everything you laid out here. One small issue. I can't see all of it. At some points the text just goes right off the screen. For the most part, this doesn't bother me. However, I was forming an idea for a lagomorph character but I can't make one because I don't know what any of the things they get are apart from ability score increases. Is there a way to fix this? If so, I would very much like to be able to read the missing pieces of the document. Please and thank you!
GearTech147
New to the forum

Postby Squidpad » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:29 am

GearTech147 wrote:I very much like everything you laid out here. One small issue. I can't see all of it. At some points the text just goes right off the screen. For the most part, this doesn't bother me. However, I was forming an idea for a lagomorph character but I can't make one because I don't know what any of the things they get are apart from ability score increases. Is there a way to fix this? If so, I would very much like to be able to read the missing pieces of the document. Please and thank you!

Me and the guy I was working with split ways after I tried running the modifications he made to my original rules, and I found that I hated them. I've defaulted back to my own older rules, since they work much better in play.
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game