Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon May 03, 2021 11:51 am

jokerert1 wrote:
markdf wrote:
jokerert1 wrote:No NPC has the predator spell even after selecting All NPCs. does anybody may know the cause of this or guess a reason why?

Best guess, Spell Perk Item Distribution may not be installed correctly.

Thanks it worked. my Spell Perk Item Distribution was outdated.

What version's it at??
Mine's at 4.4
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby jokerert1 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:
jokerert1 wrote:
markdf wrote:Best guess, Spell Perk Item Distribution may not be installed correctly.

Thanks it worked. my Spell Perk Item Distribution was outdated.

What version's it at??
Mine's at 4.4

Mine was at 4.1
jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby VVVx » Tue May 04, 2021 4:27 am

With the removal of the morphvore system, does this mean _only_ built bellies work? Slightly confused about what that means.
VVVx
Participator

Postby jokerert1 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:37 am

The new version has XML problems for me:

Invalid XML:
The element 'plugin' has invalid child element 'files'. (Line 191,Pos 9)
The element 'plugin' has invalid child element 'files'. (Line 198,Pos 9)
The element 'plugin' has invalid child element 'files'. (Line 205,Pos 9)
The element 'plugin' has invalid child element 'files'. (Line 212,Pos 9)
The element 'plugin' has invalid child element 'files'. (Line 219,Pos 9)
jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby jokerert1 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 am

The Fomod seems to be case-sensitive. When trying to istall the SunHelm patch it tells you there is a invalid installation since its searching for DevourmentSurvival - SunHelm.esp but there is only the DevourmentSurvival - Sunhelm.esp file.
jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby Masxohn » Tue May 04, 2021 1:04 pm

These are all tests with TalkerVore keyword on dragons:
1: TalkerVore on dragons (odds are all) shows up as 'Talker'
2a: Something appears to go wrong when dialog options call scripts that target the prey you have swallowed. FE###856 is the only option that shows up on unwilling prey (for that category), and it does not disable their escape (they refuse to leave).
2b: Sometimes when a dialog option that calls a script that target the prey you have swallowed, it'll get stuck and using tab/esc to exit the dialog causes the camera to be all funky and the G key to stop working.
2c: Sometimes when the dialog option in 2b doesn't get stuck, it'll then continue on as if nothing happened (you select dialog to let them out, they agree, nothing happens).
2d: In the case of 2c with the FE###852 situation, and it doesn't stall, it'll switch to lethal (appears switching to lethal works fine in all cases) but it won't disable their struggling so they'll still struggle to escape despite giving consent.

The dialog options themselves are all working perfectly fine, seems to be a script side issue and/or targeting issue/valid targeting issue.
Edit#1: Forgot to mention I gave the VoreTalker keyword to ActorTypeDragon. Copied DevourmentKeywordALLNPCs_Distr , changed DevourmentVorish to VoreTalker and the ActorTypes to only ActorTypeDragon, then renamed the copied file. It's working fine so most likely not an issue with that.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Tue May 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Masxohn wrote:These are all tests with TalkerVore keyword on dragons:

So I've been out of the loop for a bit, but with a quick run through of the past conversations, it seems like all of this is inspired by my use of Talking Activators. So I presume that the issue here is that the TalkingActivator being used for the dialogue is named "Talker". Easy enough to fix by just by using "Talker.GetBaseObject().SetName(Target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())" where Talker is the TalkingActivator object and Target is the actual Actor the Talker is mimmicking.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby markdf » Tue May 04, 2021 5:15 pm

invidiasyren wrote:

So I've been out of the loop for a bit, but with a quick run through of the past conversations, it seems like all of this is inspired by my use of Talking Activators. So I presume that the issue here is that the TalkingActivator being used for the dialogue is named "Talker". Easy enough to fix by just by using "Talker.GetBaseObject().SetName(Target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())" where Talker is the TalkingActivator object and Target is the actual Actor the Talker is mimmicking.

Yes, that was the inspiration. I'm going to use SetDisplayName, but since I reuse the same TalkingActivator it amounts to the same thing.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Tue May 04, 2021 5:38 pm

markdf wrote:
invidiasyren wrote:

Yes, that was the inspiration. I'm going to use SetDisplayName, but since I reuse the same TalkingActivator it amounts to the same thing.

I think I tried to use SetDisplayName and it did not work. It's been a bit, so I might be misremembering.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:20 pm

markdf wrote:
SmoothAsButter23 wrote:Is there a way to make the burp power not scatter all items around me like fus ro dah and make it so my characters mouth opens when i do it like in the old devourment mods. I have the expressive facegen mod but i dont know how to make it work along side refactor like it did in DMaF.

Could you look up the relevant console commands and use them to find a facial expression (and the command that produces it) that you like?

so I got the face animations to work I just had to fiddle around with load order and stuff, now my only question would be if it would be possible in a future update to remove the fus ro dah effect from burping and similar powers in the mod manager menu, maybe a toggle for explosive burps or something, makes it a bit annoying to be in a tavern then all of a sudden all the food and items get scattered because I use the burp power
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maka1234 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:01 am

Couple of Q's

A. Is there an armor conversion that's literally not string bikini's? I'm looking for something sexy yet practical that'll work with the mod
B. Is there any kind of pre set weights so that I don't have to set them and guess everytime something tries to eat a different creature?
C. Is there a way to disable weight gain morphs so my character doesn't turn into a terrifying monstrosity?
Maka1234
New to the forum

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 am

Your consistent and great progress continues to bless me! Thanks again for your hard work! Just had a few things to ask/share:

A) As far as bugs go, I've just come to notice that despite having the iNeed survival esp enabled, digestion doesn't seem to affect hunger.

B) I'm super glad to see the burping functionality! Out of pure curiosity, is there any particular reason you went with the dropobject function for item burping instead of a setposition approach?

C) Would it be possible for item defecation to check whether any one item is present in huge quantities and, if so, defecate a bundle instead of every individual one? I love the feature, but if I happen to eat a particularly wealthy bandit my game freezes as a never ending tidal wave of gold appears, lol.
Last edited by CacameAwemedinade on Wed May 05, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Wed May 05, 2021 11:37 am

kenshen112 wrote:Couple of Q's

A. Is there an armor conversion that's literally not string bikini's? I'm looking for something sexy yet practical that'll work with the mod
B. Is there any kind of pre set weights so that I don't have to set them and guess everytime something tries to eat a different creature?
C. Is there a way to disable weight gain morphs so my character doesn't turn into a terrifying monstrosity?

A) Not that I know of.
B) A lot of races already have their weights set, and every time I do a round of creature testing more get filled in.
C) How about I make the weightMorphs patch optional in the future. In the meantime, you can delete the weightMorphs scripts from the Devourment mod directory to go back to default weightMorphs behaviour.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maka1234 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have an issue with play as your killer(Npc) if they're a different race my character after the process comes out just a head and the body will be invisible. Otherwise the whole game world is black but I can hear I'm active and moving. If they're the same raceit seems to work
Last edited by Maka1234 on Wed May 05, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maka1234
New to the forum

Postby Ruuuka » Wed May 05, 2021 12:13 pm

I've found a strange bug.Everything works correctly at first ,but after several times of vore and digestion ,the vore belly won't shrunk with digestion ,it would disappear with full size later ,but when I vore another prey ,the belly won't show up.
I tried save-and-load or restart the game, and it always happens at the same timing(after I eat the third prey for example), it also happens after different times of vore if I tried a different save data.
Anyone can help me about this problem?
Ruuuka
New to the forum

Postby rcwarfare » Wed May 05, 2021 7:02 pm

Ralmar wrote:Correcting my earlier post, it seems that when I've set the hotkey, after a certain amount of time when I use it I just teleport back to the last house of mine I used. This is very strange. Will continue testing.

I'm getting a similar thing. I've never used the hotkeys though, and it teleports me to different places I've been recently. Sometimes the inside of a dungeon/building/room entrance, sometimes to the outside of it. And the location it teleports to will change, but not sure why it changes. A couple times it stopped happening, but would soon be back.
rcwarfare
New to the forum

Postby BigFudge44 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:28 pm

I’ve been told to leave a comment about this, but the idea that items or digested remains being in the bowels/colon and thus inflating the butt cheeks is absolutely ridiculous and weird. However, I have to commend the system because you can write in whatever sliders you wanna use, letting me just write in a more appropriate slider for the butt locational morphs so it actually expands the lower stomach like it should.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby BigFudge44 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:14 pm

In an attempt to be constructive, I just think the current default of the system is sort of misguided. Maybe I’m wrong and I can’t really purport to speak for everyone on this, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any sort of situation where digested remains/undigested remains and items in the bowels/colon/intestine would inflate the butt cheeks as if there was some sort of cavity, and the same goes for anal vore. Now, the current remapping utility for locational morphs mostly makes this a non-issue, but I just have to say I think the default is off and this is an argument for certain morphs in the coldsteelj body to stick around, such as the SSBBW3 belly sic1 which does look more like a stomach bloated by items inside the areas of the lower stomach. I’ve only ever seen the butt cheeks inflate in a situation of weight gained from digestion.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Wed May 05, 2021 9:44 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:In an attempt to be constructive, I just think the current default of the system is sort of misguided. Maybe I’m wrong and I can’t really purport to speak for everyone on this, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any sort of situation where digested remains/undigested remains and items in the bowels/colon/intestine would inflate the butt cheeks as if there was some sort of cavity, and the same goes for anal vore. Now, the current remapping utility for locational morphs mostly makes this a non-issue, but I just have to say I think the default is off and this is an argument for certain morphs in the coldsteelj body to stick around, such as the SSBBW3 belly sic1 which does look more like a stomach bloated by items inside the areas of the lower stomach. I’ve only ever seen the butt cheeks inflate in a situation of weight gained from digestion.

That can be disabled in the MCM anyway, so I'm not sure what the issue is...
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Wed May 05, 2021 10:09 pm

rcwarfare wrote:
Ralmar wrote:Correcting my earlier post, it seems that when I've set the hotkey, after a certain amount of time when I use it I just teleport back to the last house of mine I used. This is very strange. Will continue testing.

I'm getting a similar thing. I've never used the hotkeys though, and it teleports me to different places I've been recently. Sometimes the inside of a dungeon/building/room entrance, sometimes to the outside of it. And the location it teleports to will change, but not sure why it changes. A couple times it stopped happening, but would soon be back.

I've never been able to replicate this.

Have you been previously digested using BecomeYourKiller or Phylactery when this happens?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game