Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby TheMysteriousStranger » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:32 pm

I'm wondering, did I do something wrong when updating to the latest version or are the targets you eat supposed to be healed to full health?
TheMysteriousStranger
New to the forum

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:48 pm

TheMysteriousStranger wrote:I'm wondering, did I do something wrong when updating to the latest version or are the targets you eat supposed to be healed to full health?

Its a setting in the MCM, you can toggle it.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheMysteriousStranger » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:00 pm

CacameAwemedinade wrote:
TheMysteriousStranger wrote:I'm wondering, did I do something wrong when updating to the latest version or are the targets you eat supposed to be healed to full health?

Its a setting in the MCM, you can toggle it.

Thanks, much appreciated! I did not see that it was added to the difficulty settings.
TheMysteriousStranger
New to the forum

Postby Urielzael2 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:20 pm

markdf wrote:
Urielzael2 wrote:Weird I tried and I think I get perm message bug like one you've warned about in mod itself as I try disabling notification and it didn't work.

Some people do seem to get that bug -- hence the toggle. Unfortunately once it starts it doesn't seem possible to get rid of it for most people.

That said, I've had it and gotten rid of it many times -- by leaving help messages enabled, and then doing the thing that caused the message in the first place (so that it gets refreshed), and then letting it get cleared normally. But that doesn't seem to work for a lot of people.

Yeah I tried to do it but sadly was not working and also once I active bugged save it started to pass on other saves till I restarted game so I simply deleted all bugged saves - lost like 1 hour or 1,5 of progress but now is stable again so thank you.

Meanwhile I have 4 suggestions.
(Perk Related) Soul food being leveled perk and available earlier providing petty/small/common/greater/grand souls.

(skull collectibles related) Skulls being priced based on monster related to it - I find it funny bu also sad that skull of bandit is considered same as skull of giant.

(Perk/Devourment spells related) I think it would be neat pred abillity to vomit acids (similar to afflicted) doing poison and non-magical damage and also putting debuff decreasing stomach acid resistance and swallow resistance.

(Vore body related) There are multiple muscular bodies with sliders. I am thinking that it would be nice we could have some muscles with big happy belly. Afterall walking with additional tons of food in stomach would build quite good muscle mass
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Macross » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:21 pm

Urielzael2 wrote:(Vore body related) There are multiple muscular bodies with sliders. I am thinking that it would be nice we could have some muscles with big happy belly. Afterall walking with additional tons of food in stomach would build quite good muscle mass

As Yurrii and Gaz already discussed in FOV, 90% of the look you are going for is from normal maps (the bodies simply aren't high enough detail/made with the ability to show detailed muscularity via actual mesh shapes). The 3BAv2 body has a variety of muscle/fitness shapes along with the refactor specific full body muscle morph based on ColdSteelj's body shape.

Conditional material swapping is no simple task, so you're either stuck with less defined buff bodies, or having everyone looking like chiseled statues no matter how fat they get.
Macross
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:59 pm

Urielzael2 wrote:
markdf wrote:
Urielzael2 wrote:Weird I tried and I think I get perm message bug like one you've warned about in mod itself as I try disabling notification and it didn't work.

Some people do seem to get that bug -- hence the toggle. Unfortunately once it starts it doesn't seem possible to get rid of it for most people.

That said, I've had it and gotten rid of it many times -- by leaving help messages enabled, and then doing the thing that caused the message in the first place (so that it gets refreshed), and then letting it get cleared normally. But that doesn't seem to work for a lot of people.

Yeah I tried to do it but sadly was not working and also once I active bugged save it started to pass on other saves till I restarted game so I simply deleted all bugged saves - lost like 1 hour or 1,5 of progress but now is stable again so thank you.

Yes, once it's happening, it keeps happening until you quit the game; but it will get baked into any savefiles you make before you quit.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BigFudge44 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:38 pm

I don't know if this is a bug, it seems so as this behavior isn't how it used to work before, but whether you choose to get rid of items in your stomach by defecation OR regurgitation, you'll be able to do both and both morph areas will be inflated as such.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:I don't know if this is a bug, it seems so as this behavior isn't how it used to work before, but whether you choose to get rid of items in your stomach by defecation OR regurgitation, you'll be able to do both and both morph areas will be inflated as such.

How is it different than "before"? Devourment Refactor has always given you the choice of how to get rid of stuff. You can disable the butt inflation in the MCM.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:58 pm

While we're in the topic of bugs, I've got a weird one that's persisted for a couple of versions. Sometimes when my character is in first person and I use the defecate power to eject my prey's items onto the ground (just the items, no other scat), my character will squat down and get warped back to the previous cell that they were in, then finish defecating the items in that cell. For example, if I leave the Winking Skeever and turn the corner to dump my goods, my character will get warped right back into the Winking Skeever cell at the doorway that I had just exited from. This only happens in first person, so 3rd person view works just fine and I've been using that as a workaround. I use the Improved Camera mod for first person boobs immersion, so that might have something to do with it, but given that this is a very weird niche bug that's probably only on my end, it's probably not worth your time to troubleshoot this, but I'll be glad to provide more information if you need it.

TL;DR: My character sometimes #$&@'s themselves so hard they warp through dimensions.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby VVVx » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:27 am

GooInABox wrote:While we're in the topic of bugs, I've got a weird one that's persisted for a couple of versions. Sometimes when my character is in first person and I use the defecate power to eject my prey's items onto the ground (just the items, no other scat), my character will squat down and get warped back to the previous cell that they were in, then finish defecating the items in that cell. For example, if I leave the Winking Skeever and turn the corner to dump my goods, my character will get warped right back into the Winking Skeever cell at the doorway that I had just exited from. This only happens in first person, so 3rd person view works just fine and I've been using that as a workaround. I use the Improved Camera mod for first person boobs immersion, so that might have something to do with it, but given that this is a very weird niche bug that's probably only on my end, it's probably not worth your time to troubleshoot this, but I'll be glad to provide more information if you need it.

TL;DR: My character sometimes #$&@'s themselves so hard they warp through dimensions.

Since Improved Camera is an SKSE plugin that can be removed/re-added without issue, what I would do is go third person, save and quit, remove improved camera, start game and go first person, then see if you can reproduce. I doubt Improved Camera is the issue, but things can be weird.
VVVx
Participator

Postby BigFudge44 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:18 am

markdf wrote:
BigFudge44 wrote:I don't know if this is a bug, it seems so as this behavior isn't how it used to work before, but whether you choose to get rid of items in your stomach by defecation OR regurgitation, you'll be able to do both and both morph areas will be inflated as such.

How is it different than "before"? Devourment Refactor has always given you the choice of how to get rid of stuff. You can disable the butt inflation in the MCM.

Right you could always choose one or the other, the items left in your stomach you could set to defecate and doing so would use the butt inflation, or you could choose the regurgitate option and it would show as inflating in the belly, then the way you get rid of the items is by using the power that corresponds to whichever option you chose. If you chose regurgitate, you use regurgitate power, if you chose defecate you use defecate power. Now, no matter which I choose, it seems the items are set in both at the same time and using defecate and regurgitate works, thus inflating both the stomach and the butt. My apologies for not being as clear in the first message.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:50 am

BigFudge44 wrote:
markdf wrote:

Right you could always choose one or the other, the items left in your stomach you could set to defecate and doing so would use the butt inflation, or you could choose the regurgitate option and it would show as inflating in the belly, then the way you get rid of the items is by using the power that corresponds to whichever option you chose. If you chose regurgitate, you use regurgitate power, if you chose defecate you use defecate power. Now, no matter which I choose, it seems the items are set in both at the same time and using defecate and regurgitate works, thus inflating both the stomach and the butt. My apologies for not being as clear in the first message.

None of that is true. Locational vore didn't exist before Devourment Refactor (so far as I know), and Devourment Refactor never did what you're describing. Swallowed items always inflate the stomach. When you're ready to eliminate them, the butt inflates as well (if that toggle is enabled). Simple as that. Whether you're going to regurgitate or defecate has never had anything to do with where you inflate.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BigFudge44 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:11 am

markdf wrote:
BigFudge44 wrote:
markdf wrote:

None of that is true. Locational vore didn't exist before Devourment Refactor (so far as I know), and Devourment Refactor never did what you're describing. Swallowed items always inflate the stomach. When you're ready to eliminate them, the butt inflates as well (if that toggle is enabled). Simple as that. Whether you're going to regurgitate or defecate has never had anything to do with where you inflate.

Right, when I meant before, I meant a couple of versions of this specific mod ago, I don't know exactly which as I only come in to grab an update maybe once a week or two weeks, I do know no other version of devourment did this. And well, it seemed to do that in whatever version I had, which made sense to me. But I now understand, whichever you choose doesn't actually change the location. However, items ready to be eliminated still either used defecate or regurgitation, whichever you chose in the MCM, but either way now whichever you choose, both regurgitation and defecation will expel the items. Now, that part I don't really think is a big deal, but it does undermine the point of having a choice in the MCM.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby Masxohn » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:18 am

Masxohn wrote:Found some weird bug and a bug that might be caused by the weird bug. Using the cast command to cast the spell listed as Endo (scripted) in the console (used help endo) to get and random person to swallow my companion results in the dialog working just fine. Bug that might be caused by the weird bug: Using the Intimidate path (FE###CF1) results in your companion not being released. The Weird bug is you can't talk to them again after about any of the dialog branchs. The dialog option [vore] doesn't show up even if you have had them vomit out your companion (any possible way from the looks of it), checked using GetGlobalValue for Devourmentvoredialog to see if it's value was changed via the sequence of events, nope it stayed 1. I noticed that FE###CF0 required 6 in-game hours for it to reset, so I thought that might've been the cause, so after I got them to vomit out my companion I waited 8 in-game hours, still got nothing. Attempting having them to eat your companion a 2nd time (after 6 hours) again and trying to talk to them results in neither [vore] or FE###CF0 being able to show up. I also noted that some spell and effects get left over when they have vomited your companion out (gave it a minute or 2).

Went and did more testing. After a bunch of messing around I managed to narrow it down to something going wrong with the 'Reset Hours' (also really pointless and causes problems for the entire dialog tree to have them, only the top of the dialog tree should have it), I went and set every Reset Hours option in that entire dialog tree (starts at FE###CEF , the rest of the tree is the 6 options above it in SSEEdit) to 0, no problems (except for FE###CF1 script call for TIF__EscapePrey just not working, so they still keep your follower/companion in their belly), went and set only the top of the dialog tree FE###CF0 to only 2 hours, went to test again and all dialog is missing after the first round of that dialog.

So I found where or what I think is the problem: It looks like DevourmentDialog QUST (FE###C47) keeps trying to give you that dialog tree, even after they don't have your companion swallowed (for whatever reason), as a result of the reset hours then it can't do any of the condition checks in the dialog since the dialog option is not available, which then results in it ignoring any and all dialogs that were supposed to come after it should it fail its condition checks. Another guess I have is that waiting in-game doesn't cause the reset hours to go down (if listed for 2 in-game hours and you mess around for 10 in-game minutes and then wait for 3 in-game hours, then you still got to wait for that leftover 1 hour 50 in-game minutes), either that or it just keeps endlessly triggering that dialog which either causes more time to be added or for it to reset.

Also don't know if you saw my report on a rare situational issue back on page 124.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby markdf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:56 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:Right, when I meant before, I meant a couple of versions of this specific mod ago, I don't know exactly which as I only come in to grab an update maybe once a week or two weeks, I do know no other version of devourment did this. And well, it seemed to do that in whatever version I had, which made sense to me. But I now understand, whichever you choose doesn't actually change the location. However, items ready to be eliminated still either used defecate or regurgitation, whichever you chose in the MCM, but either way now whichever you choose, both regurgitation and defecation will expel the items. Now, that part I don't really think is a big deal, but it does undermine the point of having a choice in the MCM.

The choice is for NPCs.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:59 pm

Masxohn wrote:
Masxohn wrote:Found some weird bug and a bug that might be caused by the weird bug. Using the cast command to cast the spell listed as Endo (scripted) in the console (used help endo) to get and random person to swallow my companion results in the dialog working just fine. Bug that might be caused by the weird bug: Using the Intimidate path (FE###CF1) results in your companion not being released. The Weird bug is you can't talk to them again after about any of the dialog branchs. The dialog option [vore] doesn't show up even if you have had them vomit out your companion (any possible way from the looks of it), checked using GetGlobalValue for Devourmentvoredialog to see if it's value was changed via the sequence of events, nope it stayed 1. I noticed that FE###CF0 required 6 in-game hours for it to reset, so I thought that might've been the cause, so after I got them to vomit out my companion I waited 8 in-game hours, still got nothing. Attempting having them to eat your companion a 2nd time (after 6 hours) again and trying to talk to them results in neither [vore] or FE###CF0 being able to show up. I also noted that some spell and effects get left over when they have vomited your companion out (gave it a minute or 2).

Went and did more testing. After a bunch of messing around I managed to narrow it down to something going wrong with the 'Reset Hours' (also really pointless and causes problems for the entire dialog tree to have them, only the top of the dialog tree should have it), I went and set every Reset Hours option in that entire dialog tree (starts at FE###CEF , the rest of the tree is the 6 options above it in SSEEdit) to 0, no problems (except for FE###CF1 script call for TIF__EscapePrey just not working, so they still keep your follower/companion in their belly), went and set only the top of the dialog tree FE###CF0 to only 2 hours, went to test again and all dialog is missing after the first round of that dialog.

So I found where or what I think is the problem: It looks like DevourmentDialog QUST (FE###C47) keeps trying to give you that dialog tree, even after they don't have your companion swallowed (for whatever reason), as a result of the reset hours then it can't do any of the condition checks in the dialog since the dialog option is not available, which then results in it ignoring any and all dialogs that were supposed to come after it should it fail its condition checks. Another guess I have is that waiting in-game doesn't cause the reset hours to go down (if listed for 2 in-game hours and you mess around for 10 in-game minutes and then wait for 3 in-game hours, then you still got to wait for that leftover 1 hour 50 in-game minutes), either that or it just keeps endlessly triggering that dialog which either causes more time to be added or for it to reset.

Also don't know if you saw my report on a rare situational issue back on page 124.

I can't even remember what I thought I needed the six hour thing for, I'll remove it.

What was the rare situational issue? Between here and LL, it's hard to keep track of all the things people tell me about.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:15 pm

Masxohn wrote:Found a rare situational issue. If an npc has ActorTypeAnimal keyword even if they have either or both ActorTypeNPC, VoreTalker keywords then it'll still spit out the "No dialog with animals!" (debug?) message. Most of the time this isn't an issue, but there are rare/uncommon situations where it is. One example I found were the Pahmar Guards in Moonpath to Elsweyr. Not sure how it would look (code wise), but a check that, if it finds either ActorTypeNPC or VoreTalker keyword then it'd ignore or not check for ActorTypeAnimal keyword.
There are 2 checks of this in DevourmentDialog.psc

Here it is. Also I can see what the 6 reset hour thing is for. It's to stop the player from constantly spamming "you swallowed my companion" to just get the one of the 2 out of 4 paths that lets you intimidate them, and was supposed to negate this branch if you have done it once before within the past 6 in-game hours so the regular dialog and [vore] dialogs would show up. But for some reason, once you go through it and your companion has been released, it still for whatever reason, considers it to be fired first and which with the reset hours it can't get to the condition checks so respond that it isn't valid.

After a bunch of thinking (and trying to figure an easy fix): Reset hours for the entire branch set to 0, the ActorTypeNPC keyword condition check in FE###CF0 (some mods have non-human companions, IE: A Wolf pet, still a companion but not human), adding a condition check (checking for 0) that gets set to 1 at the end of the dialog branchs: FE###CDE , FE###CDF , FE###CED , FE###CEE the problem from there is how to get it to reset said condition check back to 0 (Presuming your companion got out and re-swallowed somehow and you went through one of the branches that causes said check to get set to 1) to which: It should be possible to piggyback on the process where the spell FE###CE6 (or possibly even on the spell/magic effect itself so long as the script to change the check value is only done once, when the spell is applied) is applied to change said condition check back to 0 (could also piggyback on when the spell/magic effect is removed).
Didn't include the other dialog options along the other branches because they lead to something else: You get swallowed, they let your companion out, or you swallow them. Plus if they need it, then it's an easy fix in the future.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby zombiese » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:02 pm

WeightManager and sleeping don't get along real well.

Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
Event OnSleepStart(float afSleepStartTime, float afDesiredSleepEndTime)
   ChangeActorWeight(PlayerRef, -afDesiredSleepEndTime / (WeightRate * 24.0))
EndEvent

I can't say with confidence what this formula should look like, but from testing in-game: Sleeping for any duration of time causes you to lose weight. The lower your WeightRate (not WeightLoss) is, the worse it is. At 24, you lose .03, pretty negligible. At the default of 4, you lose 0.18 (regardless of sleep duration), which is a lot more than if you'd be awake or just Waiting an hour, assuming you had the default WeightLoss of 0.05

As it stands, because it ignores your WeightLoss value (Even if it's 0!) and has a confusing relationship with WeightRate and sleep duration, I'm inclined to say this is a bug.

This was making me crazy because it felt like no matter what I did to try to make my weight loss gradual and gain gradual, my day-over-day loss was always problematic, lol. Mystery solved, and for the time being i'm just going to turn the weightrate up whenever i'm going to sleep or some other workaround.
zombiese
Been posting for a bit

Postby RageofRagaki » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:41 am

Got a crash. A few things:

I've never downloaded Survival Mode so idk why that's there.

I uninstalled easy wheel because I don't use it.

I user alternate start to start in the Bannered Mare and I crashed behind DragonsReach.

This may be unrelated, but my game keep flickering sometimes. I think it has something to do with physics because some clothing's physics also lag and studder in fps with the flicker.

Too lazy to find out how to do spoilers so here is a heypasteit of the papylog. https://www.heypasteit.com/clip/0IW6W0
RageofRagaki
New to the forum

Postby VVVx » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm

RageofRagaki wrote:Too lazy to find out how to do spoilers so here is a heypasteit of the papylog. https://www.heypasteit.com/clip/0IW6W0

A note: Papyrus logs are usually useless when it comes to diagnosing a crash. Install .NET Script Framework and it should give you proper crash logs that are more helpful for finding issues.
VVVx
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game