Vore DBS MV and MZ Plugins and Demo

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore DBS MV and MZ Plugins and Demo

Postby Egads » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Bug Report: On the MZ version, I get a "Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined" error every time I play the game.
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:40 pm

Mentioned Bugs are fixed:
-The Kill bug is due to a placeholder skill that wasn't actually a skill, a Substitute finder that did not activate until the member-selection methods started to read skills. The placeholder has been replaced with actual skills now.
-There was also an MZ bug when attempting to escape. It turns out that the Escape process between MV and MZ are slightly different, which isn't hard to fix.

Anyway, mentioned fixes to Demo and Plugins are up.

-Egads: There are only two instances of toLowerCase, both of them when assigning the parameters. I assume you have the Plugin before the demo and just replaced it with the new one. You just need to go to your Plugin database and open the VDBS plugin to refresh it. And considering the "No Vore Escape" parameter is the one I added to the demo that qualifies, just save the options.

And Advanced is likely to have the formulas.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Egads » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:27 pm

Egads wrote:Bug Report: On the MZ version, I get a "Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined" error every time I play the game.

I seemed to have found the issue; I was looking through the code and found this
Code: Select all
DL.noVoreEscape = parameters['No Vore Escape'].toLowerCase() === 'true';
However, there are no parameters to be seen at all for it. Removing that code apparently fixed it. ^^;

Also I found something strange; the state icon doesn't appear on the MZ version. Weird.
Also also, while you don't have to necessarily do this, using the Visustella Battlecore plugin changes the enemy name from "Enemy's Guts" to "Enemy". You know how using the battlecore plugin you see the enemie's name below them? Yeah that's what I'm talking about.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:00 am

Okay, I already added the lines for the DL.noVoreEscape so that part should be working. And I think I understand why the icons aren't there; I made it so that icons didn't appear, but whereas enemies had them over their heads, actors had them on their bars. Both issues now fixed.

As for Visustella...I won't touch it. The code in there uses a lot of _0x###### in place of words and I think names fall under that category, but essentially it's a decoding job that I do not have the current skills or time for.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Egads » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:20 am

polyedit2000 wrote:Okay, I already added the lines for the DL.noVoreEscape so that part should be working. And I think I understand why the icons aren't there; I made it so that icons didn't appear, but whereas enemies had them over their heads, actors had them on their bars. Both issues now fixed.

As for Visustella...I won't touch it. The code in there uses a lot of _0x###### in place of words and I think names fall under that category, but essentially it's a decoding job that I do not have the current skills or time for.

Yep, everything's working properly now!

And yeah, Visustella's plugins are encrypted so that makes sense. Then again, Battlecore and Vore DBS are two different battle systems.
Thanks a lot for the help! :D
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Egads » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am

Another bug report: Apparently, the MZ version of this plugin hides the faces of actors when selecting them (using a healing potion on them for example).
Here's an image just in case.

Also I forgot to ask, when an actor eats an enemy the Vore state icon doesn't appear. Is that intentional or a bug?

Also also yet another bug: For some reason, the <TargetBelly> notetag doesn't seem to work on the MZ version. I put a Belly Smack skill with the notetag and the prey takes no damage at all ^^;
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:40 pm

In MZ, I made the mistake of misreading the drawing methods by writing half of it, so this should work now.

Because I wanted things to appear like they are inside a belly (damage, animation), I did not have the icons near where they usually are. While it may be possible to position the icons next to the actors, that may confuse players as I cannot simply lower their opacity. So disappearing them is intentional for now.

Also, the <TargetBelly> tag got tested on MZ and it works for me on both User and Self, even before I worked on the above fix. Again, this is how <TargetBelly> works:
-After the target(s) is obtained, the method checks to see if the skill used has this tag and then replaces the targets accordingly:
--Against an enemy target, this replaces the target with the target and their prey.
--On a friendly target, this replaces the target with only their prey.

Therefore, if you were to target Yourself with that kind of skill, you would either hit nothing (no prey) or hit the prey (prey).
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Egads » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:53 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:In MZ, I made the mistake of misreading the drawing methods by writing half of it, so this should work now.

Because I wanted things to appear like they are inside a belly (damage, animation), I did not have the icons near where they usually are. While it may be possible to position the icons next to the actors, that may confuse players as I cannot simply lower their opacity. So disappearing them is intentional for now.

Also, the <TargetBelly> tag got tested on MZ and it works for me on both User and Self, even before I worked on the above fix. Again, this is how <TargetBelly> works:
-After the target(s) is obtained, the method checks to see if the skill used has this tag and then replaces the targets accordingly:
--Against an enemy target, this replaces the target with the target and their prey.
--On a friendly target, this replaces the target with only their prey.

Therefore, if you were to target Yourself with that kind of skill, you would either hit nothing (no prey) or hit the prey (prey).

...I'm so stupid. I had scope set to "none" :lol:
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Egads » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:07 pm

[MZ version] for some reason, when enemies use the vore skill and then get killed by the party they don't have their "death" animation, so to speak. They just... vanish. I'm curious if this is intentional or simply a bug I found.

Hopefully I'm not annoying you with these reports ^^;
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:08 pm

MZ and MV Plugins updated.

To address that graphic bug, it may have something to do with the change of graphic messing up the collapse timing. So to fix that (and State graphics), the change will occur at the end of the Collapse animation (or when actor collapses). This also has the benefit of triggering the Pred removal when events call for a collapse (though HP or State manipulation).

I also added two new tags:
<VoreRestrict> on a Pred keeps its prey from acting.
<GutsName: string> replaces the guts name of the Pred. Like the parameter, %1 is the name of the Pred.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Egads » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:27 am

polyedit2000 wrote:MZ and MV Plugins updated.

To address that graphic bug, it may have something to do with the change of graphic messing up the collapse timing. So to fix that (and State graphics), the change will occur at the end of the Collapse animation (or when actor collapses). This also has the benefit of triggering the Pred removal when events call for a collapse (though HP or State manipulation).

I also added two new tags:
<VoreRestrict> on a Pred keeps its prey from acting.
<GutsName: string> replaces the guts name of the Pred. Like the parameter, %1 is the name of the Pred.

Cool! :D
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Egads » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:42 pm

Bug report: [MZ version] when I use the [Show Animation...] event command on the map I get a "target.isStateAffected is not a function" error.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Alright, I went and fixed it before seeing it, but I have a general idea why it popped up: The animation is moved from the Battlers and Characters into a Temp thing so that one method processes this, but this would mean that "Battlers" and "Characters" can both use this method. The issue is that Battlers and Characters are slightly different (in this case, the Battler can access this state method but the Character's actor is a variable within). So to fix this, I simply check to see if actors are in battle.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Egads » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:46 am

So, if you don't mind me asking, how goes the progress for the advanced version?
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:23 pm

I'll be honest, I want to start making a game, so the Advanced version won't be my top priority. However, this game will start with the Basic version and will add in some Advanced features to smooth out gameplay, so if the game is done or cancelled, the rest of the Advanced features will be added to that version of the Plugin.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Egads » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:25 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:I'll be honest, I want to start making a game, so the Advanced version won't be my top priority. However, this game will start with the Basic version and will add in some Advanced features to smooth out gameplay, so if the game is done or cancelled, the rest of the Advanced features will be added to that version of the Plugin.

Oh wow, that actually sounds really cool. Can't wait!
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Egads » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:59 pm

If you don't mind me bumping this, how goes the progress for the plugin?
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:39 pm

https://polyedit2000.itch.io/vore-dbs-plug
Vore DBS Advanced version uploaded!

The Advanced version for MV adds a lot more features and revamps some Basic features as well. So...it'll be a long list if I list all the features, but here's a sample of what you can expect:

-Formula support
-More Digestion tagging, including adding and removing states and skills!
-Weight System
-Change graphics based on weight and who digested you.
-Escaping can trigger switch for those still vored.
-Have one enemy act as a mouth for another enemy's stomach.

And a lot more still.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Egads » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:03 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:https://polyedit2000.itch.io/vore-dbs-plug
Vore DBS Advanced version uploaded!

The Advanced version for MV adds a lot more features and revamps some Basic features as well. So...it'll be a long list if I list all the features, but here's a sample of what you can expect:

-Formula support
-More Digestion tagging, including adding and removing states and skills!
-Weight System
-Change graphics based on weight and who digested you.
-Escaping can trigger switch for those still vored.
-Have one enemy act as a mouth for another enemy's stomach.

And a lot more still.

You just made my day. So happy this plugin wasn't forgotten about!
Also (you probably expected this) will there be a MZ version of this anytime soon?
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:14 pm

MZ Version uploaded

Other than the interface change (copied from Basic), MZ's state message did not use the Name + Message format but rather the %1 message format. Anyway, there doesn't seem to be any other unseen changes between MV and MZ in regards to VDBS, so there should be no other issues with MZ.
polyedit2000
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game