[Visual Novel, F/F] Saint Miluina's Visual Academy v0.6.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

[Visual Novel, F/F] Saint Miluina's Visual Academy v0.6.5

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:26 pm

Update 4/20/2022: Due to legal concerns, this game is no longer available. See this post for details.

SMVisualA is a mod for OsmiumOrchid's superb text adventure Saint Miluina's Vore Academy. It adds graphics, sound effects, and simple animations to bring the experience closer to a visual novel. Saved games are compatible between SMVisualA and the browser game.

Video of the first day's gameplay: https://vimeo.com/562228392

Download link: Removed
If you enjoy the game, consider supporting OsmiumOrchid on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/osmiumorchid

Character DLC: "Raven" - community contest winner
Spoiler: show
Raven.png
Raven.png (33.73 KiB) Viewed 78666 times

To install character DLC, unzip the above file into the same folder as you unzipped the base game into, making sure to keep the folder structure intact.

Current list of mods (PM me to get yours included here):
  • Vore is Murder by Anunnaki: Adds a total of seven new vore scenes to Days 1 and 3, setting up a new story thread. List of scenes:
    Day 1:
    • Eat Cindy
    • Eaten by Sharon
    Day 2:
    • Eaten by Anna
    • Eat Mina*
    • Eat Isabel
    • "Eaten" by Anna
    • "Eaten" by Anna, alongside Emma*
  • Save Gabby by Anunnaki: Feed yourself to Sunny to help Gabby fight her way out on Monday!
  • The Aftermath by Anunnaki: (SCAT WARNING) Adds disposal content to predator and prey scenes.

To install mods, place the contents of the zip into your SMVA_Data/mods/ folder. Since there seems to be some confusion about what exactly this means, I'll spell it out: do NOT alter the folder structure of the unzipped content in ANY way. Your mods folder should look like this:

Known Issues
=========

• Giving your character the same name as another girl can cause that girl's scene keyframes to not appear
  • A few textures need their compression resolution increased. If you see strange artifacts on a character, please let me know who and when
  • Resizing the window during a scene can adjust the positions of currently-visible girls

Nerd Details
=========

SMVisualA is an elaborate wrapper for the browser game - all game logic actually runs in a Chromium browser embedded within the Unity executable, and the graphics layer is driven by a page scraper that sends the user's clicks back to appropriate HTML elements. Graphics were created using a modified version of the Kisekae application, available upon request.

Modding Guide
=========
Need help? I generally respond to PMs within a day or two, but please do me a favor and see if this documentation covers your question first. If all else fails, I encourage you to shamelessly copy from the example mods!

Carmel Modding Framework, v0.01
by Anunnaki

===What is Carmel?===
The Carmel Modding Framework is intended to be a flexible, modular method for non-destructively modifying SugarCube stories. In plain English, it lets you create mods for Twine games without editing the original game's file - so you can run as many mods as you want at once, and they'll (most likely, but see below) continue to work for future releases of that game.

It's called "Carmel" because it's multiple SugarCubes melted together!

===Sounds good, how do I use it?===
Drop a mod's HTML file, and the folder with the same name, into your SMVA_Data/mods folder. That's it! The mod will automatically be loaded when you start the game.

===I want to write my own mod!===
Great! See the example mod for a good starting point. In general, there are four stages to developing a Carmel mod:

1) Write the Twine story
Carmel mods are basically Twine stories like any other, and you'll create them the same way. Start up Twine, create a new story, and write any new Passages you'd like to add to the game. Passages inside a Carmel mod can freely reference variables, macros, widgets, and <<include>>s from the base game. For SMVA in particular, there are a number of these you'll need to include at the right place in your passages in order for the game's digestion mechanics to function properly. Check out the predator and prey scenes in the example mod if your scenes aren't behaving as expected. If your Passage needs to define widgets or run startup code, you'll need to give it the appropriate tags as usual.

2) Modify the base game
At this point, your new Passages aren't connected to the main game. Let's fix that. Carmel uses a special markup called CMOD, which looks something like this:

CMOD|September 1st- Arrival|InsertAfter|off towards the sports complex instead.|DOMC

That's an ugly block of text, but we'll go over it piece by piece. CMOD at the beginning and DOMC at the end signal to the framework that this Passage is intended to modify something about the base game. The next chunk of text after the | delimiter is the name of a Passage you'd like to modify in the base game - in this case, the player's arrival on campus. The third bit of text, InsertAfter, tells Carmel what kind of change you want to make. We'll see a full list later - for now, this just inserts the rest of your new Passage into the base game's "September 1st- Arrival" passage immediately after the phrase "off towards the sports complex instead."

In the example mod, this CMOD block is used to give the player a new option upon arriving at the school - to investigate the protest behind her, which leads into the rest of the mod's content. Check out Appendix A for the full list of CMOD commands.

You can export your Twine story to HTML now! Place it in the SMVA_Data/mods folder.

3) Design your girls
SMVA's visuals are created using Kisekae. You can find a number of tutorials online, so here we'll just focus on getting your work in-game. For certain poses, you'll want my modified version of Kisekae which adds vore bellies (linked in the first page of the topic). Once you've designed your girl and gotten her into the pose you want, move her to exactly 500 horizontal units. For all poses except the prey struggling animations, you'll want to use the following settings:

Quality 5/5
Bounding box 300, 37, 200, 440
Transparent background
Export as PNG

Extremely tall girls may need larger bounding boxes - use your best judgment, keep the aspect ratio the same, and the program should be able to accommodate it. For the prey struggle images, you'll want to use the following settings:

Quality 5/5
Bounding box 335, 228, 128, 256
Transparent background
Export as PNG

For these, you'll definitely want to keep the size to 128x256 - don't worry if part of the girl gets cut off, it looks natural through the viewport.

Place the images in SMVA_Data/mods/<your mod's HTML file's name>/girls/<girl id>/. Note that girl IDs need to be unique across mods and the base game or unexpected behavior will result - it might be a good idea to name a girl MyModAnna instead of just Anna. These IDs will never actually show up in game. The wrapper will load poses with the following names:

annoyed
face
happy
neutral
scared
sit
unhappy
vomit
yum

Any of these poses can be freely used in the editor (see below) - despite the names, they're really just Pose 1, Pose 2, etc. No need to include more than you intend to use. There are also special poses associated with a character's prey scenes (again, only needed if she actually has such a scene):

internal
internal1
internal2
internal3
internalbrapanty
internal1brapanty
internal2brapanty
internal3brapanty
internalnaked
internal1naked
internal2naked
internal3naked

Finally, if a character has a pred scene and you want to give her the struggling-belly effect, you can give her the following:

full1
full2
fullmassage1
fullmassage2
fullouch1
fullouch2
fullsqueeze1
fullsqueeze2

The "1" and "2" images are closely related. You'll want to give her the full belly for each pose's "2" images, then remove the belly for the "1" images - while changing nothing else about the girl or her pose. The first time you encounter the girl during Step 4 below, the editor will automatically compare pixels between the two images and generate the "moving belly" texture.

It's not technically girls, but it fits with this step - you can also provide static images by adding a "backgrounds" folder: SMVA_Data/mods/<your mod's HTML file's name>/backgrounds/ and audio files by adding an "audio" folder: SMVA_Data/mods/<your mod's HTML file's name>/audio

4) Keyframe scenes
Now that you've got your text and your girls, all that remains is putting them together! Launch the game and navigate to your new or changed scenes, then press Tab. A slightly intimidating editor bar will appear. Don't worry, we'll go through it one tool at a time, but first some keyboard commands:

Q/E: Select next/previous girl.
WASD: Move currently selected girl.
F: Remove selected girl from scene.
X/Z: Scale selected girl up/down.
V/C: Rotate selected girl right/left.

It is critically important that the "Record to mod" box remains checked, and that the corresponding mod name matches your mod's HTML filename.

The text in the top-left indicates which Passage you're currently reading and which girl is currently selected. The color is important. If it's green, the currently-displayed paragraph is what's called a keyframe - a text paragraph linked to some change in the scene's visual elements. If it's yellow, the scene exists in memory but this particular paragraph is not a keyframe. If it's red, this particular scene has no keyframes at all yet. By clicking the "Keyframe" button, you will either delete the current keyframe if one already exists, or record the current setup (background, girl position/scale/rotation/pose, options, etc.) to a new keyframe if one doesn't.

To place a girl, or reset one's position/scale/rotation, select her ID in the dropdown menu and click "Place Girl." You can cycle her pose with the "Pose <" and "Pose >" buttons - don't worry if you pass through a blank white rectangle for certain poses, that just means you (or I) didn't provide an image for that particular pose, keep moving to the one you want. The next dropdown lets you select a background for the keyframe.

Now for the advanced stuff. "Start digestion of" does exactly what it says - it tells the game to display the stomach-cam view with a particular character as the prey. "Second prey" designates this as a multi-prey scene. "Play sound"... plays a sound. Finally, "Outfit" switches a player's outfit. The largest dropdown is simply a convenient way to jump between the base game's Passages.

One final thing to note: keyframe hashes are based on the TEXT of a scene, not its paragraph number. What this means for you, the modder, is that two paragraphs that the game has parsed differently (say, an if statement that gives different text depending on whether Mandy is alive) need two separate keyframes. You may need to play through a scene multiple times in order to see, and keyframe, all of its different forms.

Remember to click "Save" regularly while working! Click it twice, or three times, if it makes you feel more comfortable. You'll notice a new file called scenes.json in the mod's folder.

===I'm done! How do I distribute my mod?===
Just zip up your mod's html file and the associated folder from SMVA_Data/mods/.

===You're awesome. Can I buy you a beer?===
I really appreciate the sentiment! I'm lucky enough to be in a very stable financial situation, but if you have some spare cash you should consider OsmiumOrchid's Patreon. This project would not exist without SMVA!

===Appendix A: CMOD opcodes===
Please remember that any reference to "base passage text" below refers to the UNPARSED text you see in the Twine editor. Unfortunately, you can't use macros or markups in this, making it sometimes difficult to find the right insertion point. There are a number of CMOD opcodes for just this situation, though, such as needed to insert text after a macro.

AddOpt: At the very end of the base passage, adds a link to this passage. The link's text is given as the third parameter.
Replace: Replace all occurrences of the third parameter in the base passage's text with the contents of this passage.
InsertAfter: Insert this passage's contents after the third parameter in the base passage's text.
InsertBefore: Insert this passage's contents before the third parameter in the base passage's text.
InsertAfterMacro: Insert this passage's contents after a macro with the given contents in the base passage.
InsertBeforeMacro: Insert this passage's contents before a macro with the given contents in the base passage.
InsertAfterInclude: Insert this passage's contents after an include with the given name in the base passage.
InsertBeforeInclude: Insert this passage's contents before an include with the given name in the base passage.
InsertAfterLink: Insert this passage's contents after a link with the given contents in the base passage.
InsertBeforeLink: Insert this passage's contents before a link with the given contents in the base passage.
InsertBeforeIf: Insert this passage's contents before an if statement with the given contents in the base passage.
InsertFromStart: Insert this passage's contents a certain distance from the beginning of the base passage, determined by the (integer) third parameter.
InsertFromEnd: Insert this passage's contents a certain distance from the end of the base passage, determined by the (integer) third parameter.
InsertAtEnd: Insert this passage's contents at the very end of the base passage.

Created with the express permission of OsmiumOrchid. Contains art by Lampton, Tsavo, Lewdlemage, PeculiarArt, Trash Mammal, Sacred Cow, Phorcyz19, and Nyxondyx, used with permission. Special thanks to the Saint Miluina's patron discord for beta-testing this mod!
Last edited by Anunnaki on Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Re: [MOD] Saint Miluina's Visual Academy v0.1

Postby meltingpool » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:27 pm

everything is pretty great so far. my only complaint is that the buttons to choose stuff feels off somehow? it might just be a contrast thing with the purple not working, but I feel like it should stand out more, or maybe be a tad bigger overall. The only other thing is that you can push the button to advance the text even when its the end of the text chain (or awaiting the choice). this usually didnt matter, but sometimes the choice ended right as a burb happened so you could accidently spam the button playing the burb over and over again.
meltingpool
Been posting for a bit

Postby Egads » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:14 pm

Man, I really wonder how those vore bellies are made in kisekae. Either way, good mod! I approve!
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Egads wrote:Man, I really wonder how those vore bellies are made in kisekae. Either way, good mod! I approve!

I modified one of Kisekae's .swf files and adjusted some of the vector graphics. You can find the file here - replace dou63.swf after making a backup. It'll replace the last two waist types (the pregnancy bellies) with significantly larger ones.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Egads wrote:Man, I really wonder how those vore bellies are made in kisekae. Either way, good mod! I approve!

I know this way is different, but I usually draw them in photoshop/procreate. I’ve never published a Kisekae image, but it’s fairly easy that way as well.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shugoki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Anunnaki wrote:

I modified one of Kisekae's .swf files and adjusted some of the vector graphics. You can find the file here - replace dou63.swf after making a backup. It'll replace the last two waist types (the pregnancy bellies) with significantly larger ones.

I found a bug with this mod while trying it out, the outline on belly 16 doesn't match its actual size. And do you know a good SWF editor to add to this mod? I'd like to keep the last 3 waist types and just put them before the modded ones (there's actually 3 pregnancy bellies, not 2).
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.26 KiB) Viewed 151270 times
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:00 pm

Shugoki wrote:The outline on belly 16 doesn't match its actual size. And do you know a good SWF editor to add to this mod? I'd like to keep the last 3 waist types and just put them before the modded ones (there's actually 3 pregnancy bellies, not 2).

Yeah, 16 was sort of collateral damage, the others don't work unless it's sacrificed. Actually editing the available waists, or any other definition within Kisekae, requires writing assembly code - the only useful Actionscript decompiler/compiler I could find, JPEXS Flash Decompiler, produces useless output if you try to edit and recompile the ActionScript directly.

(...of course, I did end up having to write assembly code for this project, but that was to make Kisekae export giant spritesheets with every combination of a player character's weight/breast size. That's a separate file and only really useful if you want to make your own replacers for the player character - but if you are interested in that, message me)
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Anunnaki wrote:
Shugoki wrote:The outline on belly 16 doesn't match its actual size. And do you know a good SWF editor to add to this mod? I'd like to keep the last 3 waist types and just put them before the modded ones (there's actually 3 pregnancy bellies, not 2).

Yeah, 16 was sort of collateral damage, the others don't work unless it's sacrificed. Actually editing the available waists, or any other definition within Kisekae, requires writing assembly code - the only useful Actionscript decompiler/compiler I could find, JPEXS Flash Decompiler, produces useless output if you try to edit and recompile the ActionScript directly.

(...of course, I did end up having to write assembly code for this project, but that was to make Kisekae export giant spritesheets with every combination of a player character's weight/breast size. That's a separate file and only really useful if you want to make your own replacers for the player character - but if you are interested in that, message me)

So all hope is lost? Fuck, guess I need to just switch which mod I'm using if I ever wanna take a screenshot, and 16 will always look weird without some editing magic.
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:14 pm

Shugoki wrote:So all hope is lost?

No need to be so dramatic, haha. You can do what I did and use JPEXS to adjust the scale matrices of the shapes that make up the belly sprites for 17 and 18, changing them to whatever size you find appropriate. You'll need to edit the masks that Kisekae uses to stretch clothes over bellies as well, if you're interested in shirts appearing at least partway down.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the Kisekae thing is getting so much attention - don't y'all know there's a text adventure to play? :P
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Anunnaki wrote:
Shugoki wrote:So all hope is lost?

No need to be so dramatic, haha. You can do what I did and use JPEXS to adjust the scale matrices of the shapes that make up the belly sprites for 17 and 18, changing them to whatever size you find appropriate. You'll need to edit the masks that Kisekae uses to stretch clothes over bellies as well, if you're interested in shirts appearing at least partway down.

Well, maybe we can take this to DMs if you don't want to clog up the thread, I'd be interested in learning how to mod Kisekae, provided I can wrap my tiny manlet brain around the process.

Anunnaki wrote:Frankly, I'm surprised that the Kisekae thing is getting so much attention - don't y'all know there's a text adventure to play? :P

horny tanks empty. need refill before play game.
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby SwallowMe » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:32 am

This is a really great edition to the game. It is nice to pick a visual for the player character and also see visuals of what is going on in the story. The animations outside and inside are great.

One thing I would recommend is when the player is being swallowed, tone down the swallowing sound, maybe making slower, by spacing the sound several seconds or more apart. I've played the game many times before this, so I know the dialogue, so I can skip the screen where the sound happens, but if I was a player playing for the first time and had to read a more than full paragraph of text while the swallow sound keeps going off repeatedly back to back, it would get really annoying.

Maybe an interval of something like, Gulp, 1,2,3,4,5,6, Gulp.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DroolingPred » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:12 am

Incredible. I haven't downloaded yet but I know this is gonna be good.

*EDIT: After downloading and playing*

Yeah, this hits the buttons real nice. I love seeing the internals.
I would like to have some ability to view a log of recent text. Further on in development it would be great to have the ability to browse a list of girls visually.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Egads » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:14 am

Anunnaki wrote:

Oh wow, thank you so much! This will definitely come in handy!

Also just to make sure, should I credit you if I use it?
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:56 am

It's stuff like this that makes me really love the Vore community, people taking inspiration from eachother's work to make something new.
Not bad for a bunch of cannibalistic perverts.

That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing this continue, I'm guessing that it will take a while though because of how much there is to do in SMVA.
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anunnaki » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:16 am

Shugoki wrote:Well, maybe we can take this to DMs if you don't want to clog up the thread

Sure, I can give you a good starting point if you're not trying to do anything super crazy.

SwallowMe wrote:Maybe an interval of something like, Gulp, 1,2,3,4,5,6, Gulp.

Ahh, I think I know what's going on here, I forgot to cap the update frequency so it's counting down every frame. Yeah, there's supposed to be an interval between the swallow sounds, but the behavior of frame updates changes between the Unity editor and the compiled application. Will fix in the next version!

DroolingPred wrote:I would like to have some ability to view a log of recent text. Further on in development it would be great to have the ability to browse a list of girls visually.

Both of those would be fairly quick to implement - I'll definitely consider them. Maybe call that second one "school yearbook" mode, haha.

Egads wrote:Also just to make sure, should I credit you if I use it?

If you feel like it! Might help interested users locate the mod. =)

Brpdchainsaw wrote:That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing this continue, I'm guessing that it will take a while though because of how much there is to do in SMVA.

True, but it might not take as long as you'd think. Setting up graphics for the scenes is actually done with an in-game editor I built, so all I have to do is play through SMVA a bunch and say "these girls should be onscreen, in these poses, at this pos/rot/scale" for each paragraph where those things change. It's all pretty streamlined. =)
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby MandaRose » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Hey so I don't understand much about computer lingo, so is it alright if I ask whether this runs on mobile? It looks like it doesn't but I'm hoping I'm wrong because this looks excellent.
MandaRose
New to the forum

Postby Lemonpiee » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:14 am

Damn..... This game is awesome! Really like that you can choose your character avatar in the beginning! Cant wait to have more than one girl inside my tummy :gulp: :gulp:
Lemonpiee
New to the forum

Postby Omotemanji » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:16 pm

For some odd reason, the screen turns completely black after selecting the character model.
Any idea what's wrong?
Omotemanji
New to the forum

Postby EmilyPrey26 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:39 pm

I wonder if you can get this on mobile
EmilyPrey26
New to the forum

Postby Anunnaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:54 pm

MandaRose wrote:Hey so I don't understand much about computer lingo, so is it alright if I ask whether this runs on mobile? It looks like it doesn't but I'm hoping I'm wrong because this looks excellent.

Unfortunately, the game will remain PC only - to build it for mobile, I'd need to buy a license for a different embedded browser asset, then completely revamp the communications layer to use that asset. Sorry! I might be able to build it more easily for Mac or Linux, if you have access to a machine running those?

Omotemanji wrote:For some odd reason, the screen turns completely black after selecting the character model. Any idea what's wrong?

Hmm, that's a new one. What does the screen look like during character creation? Do you see the web game's sidebar on the left-hand side of your screen?
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game