Retale: Checkmate

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Retale: Checkmate

Postby Retale » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:44 pm

>>> Game Download<<< [614MB] (V8 Latest)
Don’t like it asking for your email? Use This!

Direct Download Mirror (V6)

==========================================================================
Watch The Trailer Here!

And that’s Checkmate! Jump into a whole new adventure for new and old players alike!
A perfect point to jump into the Retale series!

Take on a whole new world full of carnivorous monsters and beasties! Choose from an entire array of different weapons and items to make your own builds and loadouts! Sleek and cutsie areas fill the landscape with interesting quests and NPC’s! A full main story with a helping of side content to keep you entertained in this all new voreventure!
Last edited by Retale on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Re: Retale: Checkmate

Postby FutureBellyAche » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:01 pm

Wow this looks really cool. What an awesome surprise! Look forward to hunting down those scenes.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby typemoon » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:05 pm

wow omg look amazing!
typemoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Retale » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:10 pm

Thanks you two! Enjoy!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby alotofpreds » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:18 pm

It's already downloaded. time to start playing!
alotofpreds
New to the forum

Postby why9343 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:21 pm

Anyone know how to get the bar tender vore scene in retale ch2? Also can’t wait to play been waiting for a long time!
why9343
Been posting for a bit

Postby CakePisces » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:24 pm

Yoooooooooooo aigh goodbye sleep
Last edited by CakePisces on Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's the power of Strawberry! Get it??!!
CakePisces
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:22 am

I'm looking forward to playing this. Your other works have always been impressive and the scene composition in the trailer looks fantastic. I was wondering how anyone would make use of the 2.5D mode of RPG Maker without it being visually offensive and this is how. Your simple/cute art style is already compatible with the presentation and the context of a virtual world with real consequences justifies the old school RPG appearance.

How much extra work was it to use 2.5D?
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:40 am

Appo wrote:I'm looking forward to playing this. Your other works have always been impressive and the scene composition in the trailer looks fantastic. I was wondering how anyone would make use of the 2.5D mode of RPG Maker without it being visually offensive and this is how. Your simple/cute art style is already compatible with the presentation and the context of a virtual world with real consequences justifies the old school RPG appearance.

How much extra work was it to use 2.5D?

2.5D takes an initial bump at the start, having to learn the basics of it. But once you pick it up its really quite easy. Very little learning for very large pay offs visually !
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Elorsilverheart » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:21 am

Okay so far I have already encountered one error at the start I will say more if I find more but certain numbers will freeze the game and give an error message at the start.
Elorsilverheart
New to the forum

Postby reptilemk5 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:20 pm

I loved how many times I could get digested in the past two Retale Games, and in Snackdown. I'm 99% certain I'll enjoy this game to ^^
you truly are a master of making games. I do hope your week is going well, BTW.
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:55 pm

Thank you Reptile!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Elorsilverheart wrote:Okay so far I have already encountered one error at the start I will say more if I find more but certain numbers will freeze the game and give an error message at the start.

I had a similar issue where my whole computer froze when I lost to the shark-like girl in the swamp to the point I had to do a force restart.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Midgetman176 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:16 pm

is this a canon sequel to retale 1 and 2 or is it a stand alone spin off
Midgetman176
New to the forum

Postby Achenar » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Is there a way to get a gameover in
Spoiler: show
the hedge maze area after being chomped by a chest? The bunny-hedge keeps calling me her "veggies" and inviting us to relax in her soil but... nothing seems to happen.

To clarify, I know that you can escape by checking the walls. But I want to end up a veggie...
Last edited by Achenar on Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achenar
Participator

Postby reptilemk5 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:46 pm

so far I'm enjoying the game a lot. though I found a gate that won't open till I reach the other side by exploring the swamps, which I haven't reached yet, and I can't find out how to get a spawnpoint closer to the mansion so I don't need to redo the long trek to the mansion. I was kind of hoping Ava would devour me like she did in the past two games but at least I can feed Vines from the past game now ^^
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:16 am

reptilemk5 wrote:so far I'm enjoying the game a lot. though I found a gate that won't open till I reach the other side by exploring the swamps, which I haven't reached yet, and I can't find out how to get a spawnpoint closer to the mansion so I don't need to redo the long trek to the mansion. I was kind of hoping Ava would devour me like she did in the past two games but at least I can feed Vines from the past game now ^^

When you beat the boss in the mansion, there will be an easy path to walk towards the mansion so you can hunt the scenes.

Don't worry, beating the boss doesn't render their scene inoperable. It is still unlocked in the other world.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby reptilemk5 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:14 am

thanks, I am now far further in the game. I got all of the preds from the 1st grassland area, the 1st cave system, missing 1 from the mansion (got the ghost, boss, and spider we encounter), got the 1 shrub pred, got all of the preds from the swamp, pink woods, bridge, mine, and desert, plus the arena's final boss (though haven't defeated yet), got the totem, bear boss (the one that blocked the pink woods), and the marshmallow-looking boss that I freed from the farm (haven't defeated yet), currently unsure how to reach the tundra
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:17 am

Played the entire game in one sitting. It was a total blast!

This took me by surprise seeing this here without much warning. I didn't realize you were finished with Retale 2, I guess!

I enjoyed the vore scenes that were in the game a great deal. But part of me wished there was more to do with Ava and Mia vore wise.

I can't wait to see what you make next!!
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby MillyObouldra » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:25 am

Pretty good, all things considered. Standard spawn rates are very high, making travel annoying, but that becomes fixable later one. Completed the game and just looking for extra stuff now. No idea what the strange doors do, can't find one last claw mark in the walls and for some reason the marshmallow i set free just hasn't come up. Really hope i haven't bugged sumn, cuz as much as i like this game, i don't really wanna run it through again.

Also, is there actually a way to interact with the airship in Carlsbad? Like its there flyin around but i haven't found a way of *doing* anything with it.
MillyObouldra
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game