Retale: Checkmate

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Retale: Checkmate

Postby Krono » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:32 am

Awesome game!
I may have another small bug report.

Spoiler: show
Ava is drunk (i think). I can't get rid of that status effect. I also can't lose battles because of this. If everyone in the party dies except for Ava, it will always be Ava's turn to attack and therefore I can't lose to enjoy a random vore scene here and there. lol
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby killermeow » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:32 am

Krono wrote:Awesome game!

Ava is drunk (i think). I can't get rid of that status effect. I also can't lose battles because of this. If everyone in the party dies except for Ava, it will always be Ava's turn to attack and therefore I can't lose to enjoy a random vore scene here and there. lol

Do you have an old version? One of the stones would make you always drunk, it has been changed to not do so anymore. I'd check there first.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krono » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:54 pm

killermeow wrote:
Krono wrote:Awesome game!

Do you have an old version? One of the stones would make you always drunk, it has been changed to not do so anymore. I'd check there first.

I probably do. Thank you!
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alucardv » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Ok, it wouldn't be stupid to ask, but how do you unlock one of the three secret bosses at the end? I already unlocked the whale and the hyena, but the one associated with the swamp I can't unlock, and I don't discover the riddle, does anyone know?
alucardv
New to the forum

Postby chance10 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:59 pm

at the end of the intro I keep getting "uncaught TypeError: cannot read property 'width' of null" how do I fix this
chance10
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wollffett » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:00 am

alucardv wrote:Ok, it wouldn't be stupid to ask, but how do you unlock one of the three secret bosses at the end? I already unlocked the whale and the hyena, but the one associated with the swamp I can't unlock, and I don't discover the riddle, does anyone know?

I believe its the staff with the pink flower from the blossom area on it not sure though
Wollffett
Participator

Postby Sigsegv » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:39 am

Man the circe fight was amazing, it's a damn shame it isn't replayable
Sigsegv
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gachadragon5 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:33 pm

I need some help here- whenever I put in the last number for the beginning part of the game I get this message "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null" any idea of what I should do to not get this message?
Gachadragon5
New to the forum

Postby VVV » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:49 pm

when I knock on the door innocently I get teleport into that inclosed area of the maze and can't get out
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby alucardv » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:07 pm

Wollffett wrote:
alucardv wrote:Ok, it wouldn't be stupid to ask, but how do you unlock one of the three secret bosses at the end? I already unlocked the whale and the hyena, but the one associated with the swamp I can't unlock, and I don't discover the riddle, does anyone know?

I believe its the staff with the pink flower from the blossom area on it not sure though

could you tell me where is that flower?
alucardv
New to the forum

Postby Wollffett » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm

alucardv wrote:
Wollffett wrote:

could you tell me where is that flower?

I honestly don't remember It might've been a drop but I'm not sure
Wollffett
Participator

Postby reptilemk5 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:50 pm

to check if I could get 4/4 for the scenes with the mansion I tried re-downloading it from voredalive.com, which gave the same link to the V5 version, but it still only reads 3/4 with the spider, ghost, and hedge.
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby reptilemk5 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:07 pm

ah, problem fixed. a Pawn Guard spawned in the Mansion "exhibit" after I let the boss eat me in the museum. since the boss still lives ATM I can still let him live so the Guards don't block the routes to other areas.
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenFrogH » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:00 pm

I aplogise for having to ask this... but I am stuck once again. After reassuringly patting a Foodle head to let her free again I don't know where to go next. Carlsbad is unreachable and no one in town has anything to say to me..
GreenFrogH
Been posting for a bit

Postby doomed » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:48 pm

ok so ive been playing this game for a while now and honestly I'm getting nowhere. whether it be because of the timing mechanics for attacks , the unbalanced power levels of random encounters, characters being almost powerless in battles with no explanation why ( i.e ava even with magic ), or just being confused on how to complete certain quests. also some operational issues that are likely glitches ( things not activating when pressed, random looping map spots etc.)stuff like this made it that I cant really enjoy the game or even complete it.
at first I thought it was just due to me dealing with too many encounters but then I accidentally found out how to escape encounters .which made getting through slightly easier but then took out a decent amount of the experience . as well as let me notice other things that made the game less for me other than the encounters. that said I can tell that this is a good game just not for me .

if there's a walkthrough ill definitely try and play again since ill at least know what to do to follow the story. however for the most part I'm giving up
doomed
Participator

Postby Retale » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:07 pm

doomed wrote:ok so ive been playing this game for a while now and honestly I'm getting nowhere. whether it be because of the timing mechanics for attacks , the unbalanced power levels of random encounters, characters being almost powerless in battles with no explanation why ( i.e ava even with magic ), or just being confused on how to complete certain quests. also some operational issues that are likely glitches ( things not activating when pressed, random looping map spots etc.)stuff like this made it that I cant really enjoy the game or even complete it.
at first I thought it was just due to me dealing with too many encounters but then I accidentally found out how to escape encounters .which made getting through slightly easier but then took out a decent amount of the experience . as well as let me notice other things that made the game less for me other than the encounters. that said I can tell that this is a good game just not for me .

if there's a walkthrough ill definitely try and play again since ill at least know what to do to follow the story. however for the most part I'm giving up

Hey there doomed, a couple of things:

1) Can you press F2 while playing and tell me your FPS? Sounds like the game might be running too fast, it should be running at 60! If its higher or lower you'll struggle!

2) If you're having trouble on finding out where to go, you can open up the map with M and ask for assistance that way!

3) Are you running Version 5 of the game? It fixed a lot of bugs!

4) Make sure you're equipping Gems! You can buy some starter ones from the pink sheep in the first town, and find others in chests, EXP does nothing to increase strength in this game so you'll find it very hard unless you kit yourself out!

Sorry that you had such a negative experience but thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to even try it! It really means a lot to me thank you!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kerbalmaster » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:34 pm

Ive Been loving this game. Though I wonder what the point of Attacking party members serves, Is there going to be Party Vore? Or any other sort of More Internal Exploration Like The Sphinx?
Kerbalmaster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sigsegv » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:38 pm

I think it's for the purpose of applying status effects to manager yourself, tho I haven't been able to open any of the doors apparently related to that.
Sigsegv
Been posting for a bit

Postby killermeow » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:42 am

Sigsegv wrote:I think it's for the purpose of applying status effects to manager yourself, tho I haven't been able to open any of the doors apparently related to that.

Honestly useless, you can open every status door with items- usually the various berries. Bigger issue is figuring out which door needs what status lol
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby irration » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:55 am

killermeow wrote:
Sigsegv wrote:I think it's for the purpose of applying status effects to manager yourself, tho I haven't been able to open any of the doors apparently related to that.

Honestly useless, you can open every status door with items- usually the various berries. Bigger issue is figuring out which door needs what status lol

There are 5 status doors in total, and one of it actually needs you to attack the main character since no berry can apply the status it asks.

Also I screensnapped the location of all of the doors and the items that can be used to get in them and thought I will just leave it here in case anyone would like to see :p

https://i.imgur.com/g87PjaB.jpg
irration
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game