Tag for the novelty of vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Tag for the novelty of vore?

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:19 am

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the idea of having tags that would indicate whether the idea of vore is widespread in that world.

Sometimes i'm in the mood to read something where someone discovers about vore, or it's a world where vore is not something that people know about, for example a teacher that accidentally discovers a new for of detention. In those stories it's nice to see the confusion and shock of the pred as well as the prey, but if it turns out that the other teachers have been stuffing themselves with 30 students a day in that school, it ruins the intimacy of the story for me.

Does anyone else feel the same? How could one go about separating the stories where vore is commonplace and those where it is basically unheard of?
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Re: Tag for the novelty of vore?

Postby Rat_Guy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:38 am

I would support such nomenclature. Moreover I think we need a system for defining certain tags because there is often disagreement about what they mean. I thought maybe it would be smart to have a system similar to urban dictionary, where each word has a page and anybody can submit a definition for that word, then each definition can be upvoted or downvoted and the highest ranked definitions are put higher on the page.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Dindu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:49 am

"Casual vore" seems to be close to what you're talking about. But it never hurts to be more specific.
Dindu
Been posting for a bit

Postby fastwaffle » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:19 pm

i like the ideas of tags being very specific, so i'm def in support of this. but what would such tags be called? commonplace vore? non-commonplace vore?
fastwaffle
Been posting for a bit

Postby rabidPsionic » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm

Dindu wrote:"Casual vore" seems to be close to what you're talking about. But it never hurts to be more specific.

They are talking about what the opposite of "Casual Vore" is. My mind went to "Formal Vore" but that doesn't make any sense, and would just be silly. This is a very good question, however, and would be a very useful tag to have.
rabidPsionic
Been posting for a bit

Postby SnakeEyes » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:57 pm

I actually just made a post recently about something very similar. I prefer vore situations where vore isn't a thing but becomes a thing. I never even thought of having a tag for it. Most of my stories are implied that it's a first time thing. It might not be outwardly said but I try to convey the shock value that being eaten is not normal
SnakeEyes
Been posting for a bit

Postby notitthrowaway » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:13 pm

This is one of the biggest things for me. I enjoy all kinds of stories, a wide variety, but it's much more difficult for me to get into a story when it's set in a world where vore is common knowledge. I much prefer it when the protagonist (whether they end up being pred or prey) has no idea that vore is possible at the start of the story, either having never heard of it or just considering it an impossible fantasy (like IRL). I would love for this to be tagged, it's basically almost impossible to search for right now. As for possible tag names...

"Commonplace vore"/"Non-commonplace vore" is the right idea, but it's maybe a bit long. "Frequent vore"/"Infrequent vore" could be interpreted like that, but there could be a world where vore is known but uncommon. I think "Normalized vore" is a good option for the commonplace version, but can't think of a good opposite. Maybe "Novel", or "Obscure", or "Unusual. Basically any term I can think of for describing vore as "not normal" could be misinterpreted as it just being a particularly strange *form* of vore, or being known but not often experienced, or what have you. "Normalized"/"Novel" is the best pair I've thought of so far.

Also, side note, this is definitely not just "casual vore", but it's also not its opposite. They're two separate axes. You can have non-casual novel vore (serious pred, oblivious prey), casual novel vore (oblivious prey, gentle pred e.g. asking if they can eat them), non-casual normalized vore (vore is well-known, but prey still resist and preds are serious), and casual normalized vore (it's everyday and somebody's casual about it, pred and/or prey).
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dindu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:07 am

rabidPsionic wrote:
Dindu wrote:"Casual vore" seems to be close to what you're talking about. But it never hurts to be more specific.

They are talking about what the opposite of "Casual Vore" is. My mind went to "Formal Vore" but that doesn't make any sense, and would just be silly. This is a very good question, however, and would be a very useful tag to have.

Surprise vore?
Dindu
Been posting for a bit

Postby notitthrowaway » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:54 am

Dindu wrote:Surprise vore?

Could just mean vore that the prey doesn't see coming, even if it's commonplace in the world.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby AeriaGloris » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:51 am

We need a tag for this.

I use the terms, Vore-Positive World and non-Vore-Positive (clunky but I prefer it to Vore-Negative).

The idea behind the term is the consequence of vore. In a non-Vore-Positive world, you would be arrested for eating someone. But this doesn't cover the idea of knowledge of vore.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:53 pm

After diving through a thesaurus...

Unrenowned Vore has a ring to it. Little known or talked about vore. Let me know your thoughts?
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby notitthrowaway » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:14 pm

AeriaGloris wrote:Unrenowned Vore has a ring to it. Little known or talked about vore. Let me know your thoughts?

It has the right meaning, but seems a little clunky/unintuitive, at least to me. Unheard-of Vore means basically the same thing, but is a little clearer imo. Both still have the issue of possibly being misinterpreted as just being an unusual method of vore, but I don't think we're going to be able to get away from that entirely. It'll just be a matter of convention and getting used to the tag.

I could take or leave the hyphen in "Unheard-of Vore", not sure which way is better, although I'm sure if this tag was used there would be some people using a hyphen and some not (See: the 1000 variations on how people tag "semi-willing").
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:12 pm

yeah but what if i'm looking for non-casual vore?
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby AeriaGloris » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:56 am

We need to do Rat_Guy's poll suggestion.

Alternatively, we just name the concept vaguely and use the tag enough that it becomes commonplace like Hammerspace. Simulacrum comes to mind. Might be a bit grandiose though...
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby LucifersChef » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:24 am

HentaiMaster90000 wrote:

yeah but what if i'm looking for non-casual vore?

Then generally, the vast majority of stories without the casual vore tag will fit your needs, to be honest.

And if you find one that is casual vore and not tagged, please do tag it! I've been trying to add tags myself when I see a story without it.

This is kind of a circumstance where non-casual vore is the assumed default. I'm not sure we need a tag for it.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion