Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.4.5 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:47 pm

unit72 wrote:Okay I completed the new version, what I can say about gameplay:
- rockets now pass through platforms so they're harder to dodge, especially on level 2
- there are areas where you don't want to rush in because there are too much enemies, so you should carefully clear them
- the trick with holding down arrow in mid-air for extra stealth no longer works, and I think this is right
- the huge missiles flying roughly at character's head level no longer can hit her, so we can now just ignore them, and this makes the final corridor much easier
- the third attack in your combo can hit through 1-block thick wall
- if a struggle contest happens while you are eating someone they both are released. Probably a bug
- vertical lasers stun enemies but it seems they deal no damage, horizontal lasers kill them and they disappear instantly
- with some practice, you can use your inertia to eat an enemy through a vertical laser!
- the viable strategies I found are either fighting with 2 prey belly or quickly eating an enemy and retreating. By fighting, you avoid struggle contests and deal damage quickly. If you press Enter, you digest both prey immediately, but you can maintain 2 prey size by using Shift and then eating a knocked out enemy. It however does not work with dashers. If you swallow a healthy enemy, a struggle contest can happen at any time. You really don't want a struggle contest to happen where you can take damage so if there are other enemies ahead you should digest the one you ate in safety and using Shift to speed up the process. Probably you can deliberately wait for a struggle contest and attack after it, I didn't try.

This game looks promising

Thanks for the rundown on how it's handling right now! As far as kicking enemies through wall and eating through the laser barriers, I'll have to do some adjustments on each to fix those but the kicking one I probably won't be able to do much about for a little bit since it'll require some more complex checks. For struggle contests happening while you're eating, I tested and was only able to get the one to be released - were you able to reproduce the issue at all by chance?

Turbotowns wrote:
DraconicSyntax wrote:Funnily enough a phoenix of a sort was one of the initial considerations for what the companion could be - however at this point I've decided it'll be a shape shifter so people can choose what they want it to be out of a few options, since it will only need a few animations and it's maximum size will be 64x64 (only a quarter of the player's bounding box for reference).

Oh, I hope fairy will be an option!

Very possible!

Whisper92 wrote:Hey, just had another random idea.

So, before I mentioned adding other consumable food-like items, (at the time I said superfruit), well, after replaying Paper Mario TTYD, I had another idea. Kind of like how in paper Mario, you can wack trees with the hammer and you may get an item, I think it would be a fun idea to have a similar feature on the space station.

In the short term, it could be that there are planted trees that you can kick and possibly have a fruit fall out or an enemy if you’re unlucky. (It could be stage specific, but the idea is just simple, like they brought plants in to freshen the place up).

A more long term goal would be to add animal enclosures. At the time, I was just thinking fish tanks, but other animals could be used as well. At first I was thinking just doing fish and making it that useless fish from Pokemon who just flops on the ground (don’t know the name) but as I was thinking, they could be used as a temporary perk system. Say you buy a perk to absorb exotic animal abilities, and when you smash a display case and swallow the animal, you get a temporary perk.

Just off the top of my head, i can think of:

Useless fish just being extra health
A flame lizard having a flame ability/ resistance.
Scorpion monster giving extra melee attack damage for faster ko’s.
Spider mutant webs up your stomach so that enemies will not struggle.
Jackrabbit monster being a speed boost
My favorite, a pufferfish which makes enemies who swallow you immediately spit you out.

Just an idea, i thought it would be a bit more fun than just grabbing health vials. My request is not making the animals too cute.

I always enjoyed that mechanic of the Paper Mario games too - there's definitely a plan for destroyable background objects like vending machines and such for dropping different items and such! There are also plans for alien containment units/habitats, I didn't think of basically making mini ones like small aquariums or terrariums but I like the idea!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:28 am

Whisper92 wrote:that useless fish from Pokemon who just flops on the ground (don’t know the name)

...Magikarp?

---

(...Also, random additional enemies from trees would be just as good as fruit for me(provided they're edible). XD )

---

(...Also also, why wouldn't the pufferfish hurt US when WE swallow it?)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Whisper92 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:38 am

...Also, random additional enemies from trees would be just as good as fruit for me(provided they're edible). XD )

---

(...Also also, why wouldn't the pufferfish hurt US when WE swallow it?)

1. Depends on the enemy, imagine if its just a bomb that blows up or a nuisance enemy that would take more than give. I get what you’re saying, though.

2. Because….. reasons. I was actuallg thinking that pufferfish would kill unless you have the perk.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:43 am

Did you mean to quote that? (But didn't for some reason?)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Whisper92 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:25 am

Turbotowns wrote:Did you mean to quote that? (But didn't for some reason?)

Yes. Reason: boomer.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby daeway » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:25 pm

I like the lil pudge she gets if Mia digests manually. I also like the struggle contest to keep the prey down is not egregiously difficult; the player can keep them down pretty easily, while also let them struggle just enough to get the indigestion meter to have her belch.

Features that I'm waiting for are the lil aliens that are piloting the robots and the ability to swallow the drake whole and alive. That is two unique vore animations: one that's badass and the other is ornery.

:D
daeway
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:56 pm

daeway wrote:I like the lil pudge she gets if Mia digests manually. I also like the struggle contest to keep the prey down is not egregiously difficult; the player can keep them down pretty easily, while also let them struggle just enough to get the indigestion meter to have her belch.

Features that I'm waiting for are the lil aliens that are piloting the robots and the ability to swallow the drake whole and alive. That is two unique vore animations: one that's badass and the other is ornery.

:D

Couldn't agree more!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Whisper92 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 pm

I feel like once the Drake can be eaten only half of the random comments will be posted.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bfghat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:06 pm

Not gonna lie i would kill to see them beta builds but I'm broke as fuck :D
Bfghat
New to the forum

Postby blyatman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:45 pm

DraconicSyntax, https://dissolve.crux.sexy/ if u need sounds
blyatman
Been posting for a bit

Postby why9343 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:51 pm

Is there a glitch by any chance for the blind drake? I cant seem to find it at all even though I have beaten level 2
why9343
Been posting for a bit

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:28 am

blyatman wrote:DraconicSyntax, https://dissolve.crux.sexy/ if u need sounds

Sweet, thanks!! Do you know if these are free for use or if there's any way to download them? The site seems a little buggy on my end so I can't get sounds to play beyond the defaults.

why9343 wrote:Is there a glitch by any chance for the blind drake? I cant seem to find it at all even though I have beaten level 2

What do you mean by a glitch for it? Generally glitches are what I'm trying to fix/remove, so...
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby blyatman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:40 pm

DraconicSyntax, i dont know you can ask him tho https://www.furaffinity.net/view/43780907/ . the buggyiness is problably from one of your extensions thats what it was for me.
blyatman
Been posting for a bit

Postby why9343 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:52 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:

Sweet, thanks!! Do you know if these are free for use or if there's any way to download them? The site seems a little buggy on my end so I can't get sounds to play beyond the defaults.

why9343 wrote:Is there a glitch by any chance for the blind drake? I cant seem to find it at all even though I have beaten level 2

What do you mean by a glitch for it? Generally glitches are what I'm trying to fix/remove, so...

I finished level 2 but I just can't seem to find the dragon no matter how many times i restart the level and go back to the clawed area
why9343
Been posting for a bit

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:59 pm

why9343 wrote:
DraconicSyntax wrote:

I finished level 2 but I just can't seem to find the dragon no matter how many times i restart the level and go back to the clawed area

The Dragon appears in my copy. It's strange that it's not showing up for you. After you've gone through the Missile Gauntlet, and reached the bottom of the area, you should find a cell holding the drake behind purple energy bars, with the console to shut them off further to the left, on the opposite side of the room. You shouldn't have been able to complete the level without at least seeing it. It's a bright scarlet color with a yellow belly.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:08 pm

why9343 wrote:I finished level 2 but I just can't seem to find the dragon no matter how many times i restart the level and go back to the clawed area

OH yeah that's definitely a glitch that I found somewhat recently due to the collision code pulling some black magic - I'm in the process of reworking it now for other purposes, though the drake disappearing has already been fixed in the build I'm currently working on. I thought that the most recent public version v0.4.5 HAS that fix for the drake though, but I could be wrong - double check that you're running v0.4.5, and if you are and you still have that bug I can provide a link to the previous game version if you like so the Drake should appear.

Do make sure you're checking the right cell though - the left clawed one isn't the one that holds the drake!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby why9343 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:26 pm

I am running 0.45 but I don't need a link i can wait for another update :) just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anthing wrong or missing anyhing
why9343
Been posting for a bit

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:53 pm

why9343 wrote:I am running 0.45 but I don't need a link i can wait for another update :) just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong or missing anything.

The Drake's cell is on the right, with a crawl tunnel leading to a Stamina+ Pill.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby Villager2000 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:41 am

Hoping there's an animation viewer in the future. Everything is way too smooth!! :lol:
Villager2000
New to the forum

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:43 am

Villager2000 wrote:Hoping there's an animation viewer in the future. Everything is way too smooth!! :lol:

Thank you!
There will be as an unlockable feature - originally it was gonna be gallery you unlock by beating the game, but think I'll instead do it as an in game unlockable - the more enemies you defeat and skills you learn the more this beastiary/codex fills up with information and animations of each subject.
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game